Daily Races with Friends, Fridays at 9pm EST

• Thread starter The359
  • 670 comments
United States
Macungie, PA
The359
DRWF is back for GT7, every Friday night! We hope to see you all out there.

Races start at 9pm EST, but a practice lobby is usually open to practice the bonus races 25-30 beforehand.

Race A - 1 out lap, 2 Hot Laps, then 2 races with Slowest First grid order for the first race, DR ranking for the second race.

Race B - 1 out lap, 2 Hot Laps, then 2 races with Slowest First grid order for the first race, DR ranking for the second race.

Race C - 1 out lap, 2 Hot Laps, then 2 races with Slowest First grid order for the first race, DR ranking for the second race.

Bonus Race - 1-3 different races with slowest first grid order, occasionally we skip qualifying for extra carnage

All drivers are welcome to join us anytime, we run the lobbies as friends only, so make sure to add The359 on PSN, so you'll be able to see/join the lobbies when the open each week. :cheers:

Last edited:
@Pigems are you going to open a lobby tonight?

I’m going to try too, and see how the lobby settings go, it will be like a test run. I’ll open the lobby for 8:30 and we’ll see how it goes. Everyone just set up a car for 500pp and SS tires, and make sure to add TPC_Pigems, for anyone who hasn’t, the lobbies will be friends only as usual. 👍

I won't even discuss my sport experiences lol was so put off after 2 races i never bothered again. One I won and second I got second. Both races I got punted into the wall and both times I got massive penalties so it just wasn't fun. Rather know the people I race with who atleast attempt to keep things clean. Look forward to hanging with yall.

I’ll join in at some point. I’ve never really understood what was going on here. But I see it’s the usual group of TPC guys so I imagine it’s good racing. And GT7 sport mode seems like a mess at the moment.
With Sport we ran the daily races twice with the 2nd race being reverse grid. Some bonus races the host or someone would come up with.

I got it, no worries. We’ll do race A and B, then a Radical Race, at I’m not sure which track yet, SS tires on the Radical. Make sure to add TPC_Pigems to get into the room. :)
I'd say we pretend Race C is Radical at either Trial Mountain or Daytona Road.

Considering Race A and B are held in new/returning circuits, it would be fitting.

Not sure if there's a plan for more races, but I'm happy to host a few bonus rounds after these first 3, if it helps, @Pigems

Ok, so I just checked and the lobbies are still not allowing a lot of the lobby features/options that GTS did. There is no option for reverse grid now, only fastest or slowest first. So for tonight I’m going to set both races of A and B to slowest first, pole position will now be at the back of the pack for the first of each race. We also can’t change tracks after the lobby has started, so each new track will have to be set as a new lobby, and everyone has to rejoin unfortunately. It’s a pain, but not a huge one. :)

Tonight Bonus Races will feature the Radical, on SS tires, stock everything else. Bonus race tracks will be voted on at the time of the races, before we close the previous lobby. I hope to see everyone out there tonight!! 🍻

For anyone new wanting to join us, send a friend request to TPC_Pigems on PSN, as we run the lobbies as friends only. Lobby will be open for practice at 8:30’ish.

@Pigems I have been trying to host public lobbies but cannot seem to have success with 6 or more drivers in the lobby, is there anything that you are doing to allow you to have more drivers race?

@Pigems I have been trying to host public lobbies but cannot seem to have success with 6 or more drivers in the lobby, is there anything that you are doing to allow you to have more drivers race?

I don’t believe so, I’ve just been setting them up as I normally was in GTS for the most part. What happens when you get more than 6 drivers? We’ve had a couple people drop off at the start of a couple of races, but I think we had 12 or 13 people in last night at one point. Is your PS hardwired in?

I don’t believe so, I’ve just been setting them up as I normally was in GTS for the most part. What happens when you get more than 6 drivers? We’ve had a couple people drop off at the start of a couple of races, but I think we had 12 or 13 people in last night at one point. Is your PS hardwired in?
Yes, on LAN, Nova wanted to test the Porsche GT3 Cup series on GT7 last night, we had 14 drivers in the lobby, when he started the race 1/2 the field was dropped.

I set up another lobby with 8 drivers and we lost 3, seemed we couldn't have more than 5 drivers in the lobby without someone getting kicked.

Next time I see your lobby going join and see what happens...thanks for the response.

Yes, on LAN, Nova wanted to test the Porsche GT3 Cup series on GT7 last night, we had 14 drivers in the lobby, when he started the race 1/2 the field was dropped.

I set up another lobby with 8 drivers and we lost 3, seemed we couldn't have more than 5 drivers in the lobby without someone getting kicked.

Next time I see your lobby going join and see what happens...thanks for the response.

No worries at all, happy to help out however I can. That’s really weird, we haven’t had any big issues like that yet, hopefully it gets sorted soon. You’re welcome to come out any time, I hope to see you on Friday. 🍻

There's a bug listed on the known issues list. If a driver can't see another driver in the list when the host starts the race, that driver's game will crash. Try checking that everyone in the lobby can seen the correct number of joined drivers before starting the race.

Back