EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,676 comments

For everyone, like me, that loved to press the start button to do Reset to track while you're going into a cliff at full speed...........The dream is over :ill::crazy::lol:

DNFs galore in the club leaderboards incoming :scared:

Also VR ;)

For everyone, like me, that loved to press the start button to do Reset to track while you're going into a cliff at full speed...........The dream is over :ill::crazy::lol:
I've been guilty of doing that once or twice... 😊

It's a good change, having that as an escape route with minimum consequences (5s penalty for resetting on the road) was just a bit broken.

DNFs galore in the club leaderboards incoming :scared:

Also VR ;)
And that's how it should be lol

VR doesn't work at all for me, although I do have a HP Reverb G2, which isn't on the supported list. I get a crash to desktop each time I try to start a stage, either using Steam VR or Open Composite. Not a great start 😞

Edit - Can't get to a stage no matter what I try. I've tried just using Mixed Reality Portal by itself, using Steam VR and Open Composite and everything results in the same crash. Menus work fine (and I've tried lowering graphics settings etc), but as soon as I select an event, it crashes when loading to the service park. Hopefully there'll be a solution to this later, but obvs Googling at this early stage isn't finding anything.

Last edited:
The game that uses Unreal 4, which works best on PC. Patches and more patches that further polish and improve the final result. I've been almost... well... ahem... ahem:

Captura de pantalla (104).png

I have never played a game so much and so often :)

260 hours in WRC for me (compared with over 700 hours in Horizon 5 and 95 hours in FM2023) according to the Xbox app.

I've been slacking off recently to play PCars 3.

Last edited:
260 hours in WRC for me (compared with over 700 hours in Horizon 5 and 95 hours in FM2023) according to the Xbox app.

I've been slacking off recently to play PCars 3.
I've been wondering if the Xbox counts time played for a game even when the console is off and the game is in "standby" rather than fully closed. Because my FM2023 playtime is 160 hours according to the app and there is no way I have played that long.

I am certain I have played EA WRC more than FM2023 but my PS5 says 80 hours logged in WRC.

I've been wondering if the Xbox counts time played for a game even when the console is off and the game is in "standby" rather than fully closed.
If you're in Quick Resume it doesn't count those standby hours. What Xbox (and TrueAchievements) report is accurate.

Some games do count it on their internal clock (save file timer) though, like Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition.

Last edited:
I am certain I have played EA WRC more than FM2023 but my PS5 says 80 hours logged in WRC.
I have wondered that as well; I have spent far more time with EA WRC than any other game on the PS5, but I am still only around the 90 hour mark.

Most of those achievements that I'm missing must be career or multiplayer based which I haven't done ( obvs )
I've never been a 100% achievement type guy and I like the core single player gameplay loop too much to get around to bulding a car and taking it on a regularity rally.

Wow, I’m not going to embarrass myself by posting mine. I’m not an achievements gamer at all. In fact I’m really only into racing games, I’m not much of a traditional ‘gamer’ at all. I use them as a sandbox to set up events that simulate real ones and that’s all I’ve done on EA WRC aside from make liveries for that same purpose. I haven’t touched career mode, I’ll be on like 10%.

Loving the VR update after sorting out my initial woes. Defo feels like it needs some additional work at the moment, so the beta seems to make sense.

I hope we'll see some 2024 content at some point too. Skins/driver line-ups for the new season would be great, but I'd mainly like to see the new Yaris WRC2.

Running Kenya on PS5 since the last update and the graphics are much improved. Dare I say look pretty amazing.

Gone is the general awful muddy blurriness. Sharp crispness is evident all around and most appreciated in the road surfaces. The massive road craters have definition and there are new visible deep cracks in other parts of the course, resembling where channels of water eroded the surface. Nice work! 🙂

Running Kenya on PS5 since the last update and the graphics are much improved. Dare I say look pretty amazing.

Gone is the general awful muddy blurriness. Sharp crispness is evident all around and most appreciated in the road surfaces. The massive road craters have definition and there are new visible deep cracks in other parts of the course, resembling where channels of water eroded the surface. Nice work! 🙂
Sounds promising.
Last time I played Kenya ( stage Malewa ) there was a lot of screentearing. Really bad!
This also sounds promising ( latest update ) :
”Addressed an issue on PC and PS5 in which framerates could decrease when using Fanatec hardware.”

Back