Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 998 comments
Could be something to do with inadequate crumple zones leading to excessive g-forces and the occupant being slammed against the interior.

Since there's no credible source for the claim of anything broken, for now, that could well not be the case.

I mean, I loathe the Tesla Cult as much as anyone, but misinformation isn't an effective tool for dismantling it.

Could be something to do with inadequate crumple zones leading to excessive g-forces and the occupant being slammed against the interior. That's one of the contributing factors in fatality rates in racing cars back in the days when they made the car bodies really strong in a misguided attempt to protect the driver.

Yeah, that was a concern with designers around the time the whole of formula cars became carbon fiber; you could make it as strong as a tank but the energy has to dissipate somewhere in a collision. With a 550 kg vehicle, it's tougher to compromise the overall strength versus the theoretical amount of potent energy of those same external components to yield and absorb energy. With a vehicle as large as a road-going truck, it seems there could have been a lot more room for compromise.

Honestly, if the Cybertruck can absorb that kind of hit and stay strong while keeping passenger(s) safe, that's a actually kind of impressive. If there were serious injuries from what appears to be a 40mph impact, then it was built for ego preservation über alles. Florida's huge city intersections are also not the safest, and can tend to cause lots of T-bone accidents and are honestly pedestrian traps. You have to perform your best Usain Bolt impressions to get through some of those intersections. And the Cybertruck is a lightning rod for all that's wrong with pedestrian-vehicle safety, even though the higher perch ought to make drivers more aware, right? ...right?

Last edited:
Saw this ugly POS tonight:

88F43E89-E42B-46C2-9E39-72BF8BC42E3E.jpeg

Like wow, I’ve seen salt-lick blocks that look more aerodynamic than this. Even the original Star Fox on SNES looks better.

Last edited:
It seems like I’m dunking on the Cybertruck and Cybertruck owners a lot lately, but these all hat and no cattle posts make for such easy targets. I’ve yet to see a post about how tough the Cybertruck is, that I couldn’t do in my twenty year old PT Cruiser.

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems like I’m dunking on the Cybertruck and Cybertruck owners a lot lately, but these all hat and no cattle posts make for such easy targets. I’ve yet to see a post about how tough the Cybertruck is, that I couldn’t do in my twenty year old PT Cruiser.

View attachment 1344271
To be fair most people who would drop money on a Cybertruck likely also pay other people to do their yardwork, so this is probably the equivalent of terraforming Mars to them.

I'd suggest that it never mattered. Legality has always been a red herring. The concern is immigration, legality notwithstanding, but legality is a way to obfuscate.

It's so funny because I've seen legality offered as the sticking point when, in the very same breath, the actual issue is clearly stated to be immigration itself.

An increase in population by immigration, legality notwithstanding, necessarily increases population density, even if an increase in population density doesn't necessarily decrease quality of life for citizens. And obviously citizenship is a substantial leap from legal residency, but the latter doesn't receive the same consideration with regard to quality of life...because legality isn't the actual issue.

Also funny is that particular nativist parasite isn't only non-native, but it's also apparently neither citizen nor resident. It apparently resides in a country that isn't the United States. National borders are so important...except when they're not important at all. Weird that nativist parasites, like nationalists (and there's significant overlap between the two), are so concerned by matters in countries that are not "their own."
that's some quality necromancy :)

I have no idea in what context you are quoting me and I don't really care, stupid laws still matter and I still think we have more than enough people here (= not the USA) and idea of fixing society with immigration is shortsighted. But all this doesn't matter because we will be dead soon anyway :)

Never seen anti-immigration paired with existential nihilism before. Kind of gives up the game and makes clear that it's about xenophobia rather than anything practical.

And I mean why does immigration have to "fix" anything? Individuals seek better opportunities for themselves and their families and the state denying those individuals those opportunities doesn't actually protect the rights of other individuals.

Last edited:
During his deposition, Musk admitted he has a “limited understanding” of the lawsuit against him, said he thought Brody’s attorney was the one suing him, and revealed he did no research in determining whether Brody was involved in the brawl after seeing the accusations on X.
Well, that's certainly on par for him. He just tweets the first thing that comes to mind & his idea of researching is quickly checking to see if one of the popular accounts he follows also noted it.

Hoping more stuff like this continues to catch up with him.

Last edited:
Only 10 pages into it but I find it quite staggering (and fitting) that, just like Alex Jones in his case. Musk has hired a lawyer who seems to be about as stupid as he is.
There's a lawyer on YouTube named Bruce Rivers who shared that wealthy individuals like Musk & Trump are the type of clients who hire lawyers to make their arguments instead of letting the lawyer present the case & that's why these cases end up making them look absolutely stupid. He further shared that some in the Trump camp like Alina were way out of their element, but others Trump has hired are not amateurs; a few are well-accomplished lawyers who charge tons of money for a reason. But, they get caught up in a client like Trump's influence & end up possibly destroying their entire reputation b/c they present the arguments Trump wants to make, not the argument they should make. Rivers concluded that some of these lawyers 100%, absolutely know better than they come across in the court.

"It's very likely that Musk himself is contributing to the reputational downfall," Caliber CEO Shahar Silbershatz told Reuters, saying his company's survey shows 83% of Americans connect Musk with Tesla.

Who could've seen that coming? I mean, it makes perfect sense to have a right-wing mouthpiece spouting off BS for a car whose average buyer is liberal.

There's a lawyer on YouTube named Bruce Rivers who shared that wealthy individuals like Musk & Trump are the type of clients who hire lawyers to make their arguments instead of letting the lawyer present the case & that's why these cases end up making them look absolutely stupid. He further shared that some in the Trump camp like Alina were way out of their element, but others Trump has hired are not amateurs; a few are well-accomplished lawyers who charge tons of money for a reason. But, they get caught up in a client like Trump's influence & end up possibly destroying their entire reputation b/c they present the arguments Trump wants to make, not the argument they should make. Rivers concluded that some of these lawyers 100%, absolutely know better than they come across in the court.

My understanding with most experienced lawyers (those who are not public attorneys) is that they take a case because there's a ~99% percent chance they'll win, and a similar or higher percentage they'll get paid.

Letting someone else effectively doing the arguments for you (there's probably a Latin term for this) is something one probably shouldn't try until the sunset of one's career or just at the doorstep of desperation.

Last edited:
L. O. L.

Screenshot-20240415-171906-Samsung-Internet.jpg

How, uh...how did "tracing the people responsible and bringing the full force of the law to bear upon them" go? Well? Or nah?
Seems like just another way to cash in on them, just like the “purchase verification” scheme.

Irony is alive and well!

Elon is angry about "Engagement Farming".

Elon's AI "Grok", when asked to define the term, describes Elon's antics perfectly.

With characteristic lack of self-awareness, Elon applauds Grok with a Tweet which violates several of the behaviors identified by Grok.

1713536919373.png

Elon is angry about "Engagement Farming".
Why is elon angry about "engagement farming"? I get "clickbait" being an issue, and I can see why one might confuse those two concepts, but engagement farming as laid out above just seems like trying to be popular. Kinda seems like half the point of social media.

Last edited:
Why is elon angry about "engagement farming"? I get "clickbait" being an issue, and I can see why one might confuse those two concepts, but engagement farming as laid out above just seems like trying to be popular. Kinda seems like half the point of social media.
In Elon's mind, it's a zero-sum game. Engagements for other Twits mean fewer engagements for the Head Twit.

Back