Everything and anything DRIFT

• Thread starter SmokeNFlow
  • 123 comments
Things I still feel like im missing in GTS:
Online drift trials mode like in GT6
More steering angle, which Drift trials provided in GT6 or just make it a seperate option in the drift tuning sheet.
The ability to assign the e-brake to any button. As of right now im using the E-brake on L3 & R3 on the bottom right corner of my T300 base and its horrible.

CH or CM's still feel the best in my opinion. Softs requires way more throttle input than im used to like in GT6.

Throttle and braking control. When chasing another drifter you want to be close as possible to the lead car. (DOOR 2 DOOR) Using the brakes allows you to adjust the speed more precise when going sideways. Just a small amount of braking without releasing the throttle.Think it like a high speed burnout going sideways around a long corner That allows you to keep drifting without any bigger effect on the angle or line. The slower you need to go the more you push down the brakes. This technique is mostly used to get some space between the 2 cars drifting together when switching corners. And also to adjust where you want the car. if you are to close on the inside of the corner you can move further out using the brakes without releasing the trhottle. throttle control is a great importance when drifting. And also how you use the brakes and when you use them.

How did you do that? In a lobby?

Looks awesome!

Yess! you start the race in the lobby and when it ends you can save the replay, then i recorded it with the avermedia and edit it on the pc, took a lot of editing time haha

75566D6C-8842-4D53-A4FB-721E112AD732.jpeg

Me and DSM_RICK yesterday

Good to see this aspect of the Gran Turismo series just about dead. Wasted 40 minutes to get the million points in the achievement mode

I just got GT Sport a few weeks ago, and PS Plus a few days ago, and I seem to get kicked from tandem lobbies a lot. It seems high angle drifting is not welcome on GT Sport. I have always tried to stay as consistent to line, and angle, every single run in each Gran Turismo series; so whoever chasing can feel comfortable doing so. When I do mess up I will say something, or get out of the way as quickly as possible. So are different styles unwelcome on GTSport?

(I can't wait to get a new wheel again, DS4 is killing me lol)

I was a hardcore into drifting in gt5/6 and I can say this for sure. I can't drift in CH anymore. My main drift car right now is the Mustang on SH. We need more steering angle lol.
Yea dude, i used to run CH all around on GT6, now i just slide off the track
No grip
Just doesn't feel.the same anymore
Maybe its because i use a controller

Does anyone else agree PD should acknowledge the drift community in Gran Turismo a little more than they do?
Ive always wanted to see a competitive, tandem drift mode online, for GT or any other series with good drift physics. It seems possible.
You could have two cars run tandem, using the same racing line to judge points as the previous games (maybe add some inside clip point markers and outer clip zones) then simply add a "proximity multiplier" to the score (more for the leader if he pulls away, more for the chaser if he stays on the leaders door)
I think PD could easily implement this mode into GTS or possibly a future tilte, anyone else agree?

Last edited:
You can be fast on CH’s whether on Drift Tab or Road Tab. Try controller settings at 0/1/1 (this varies depending on the car (wheel base, weight, power)). Also try to adjust diff settings. When I started playing I had mine at 43/50/20, allowed you to have grip and push the car to be fast while in drift. I’m still on DS4 and happy with it.

A FiA drift series would be awesome. But what about when there’s contact. Or contact that doesn’t cause either driver to correct. Or even runs. Dirt drops. Passes. One driver using d-tab one driver on road tab. A lot of things to take into account when judging, IMO.

Back