F1 2015!

What circuits is your framerate dropping at? Monaco has been only issue for me so far.
i finally bought it for ps4. T300GTE is working well, playable with default settings, the only issue is the force feedback, so week and bad. But hey.. codemaster never delivered proper wheel support..
It's a good game, there a few bugs to be fixed. the biggest issue is the framerate.

Went out and got this on my day off, running on Hard difficulty, no driving aids, hour-ish long races, and I like it so far. Could look a bit better, but overall it's a good game. The AI gave me an unexpected run for my money, they run damn good times. The quali times for Aussie were close to 1:29, I ran a 1:30.2 or so but without a wheel it is difficult. I'm purchasing a G29 soon, I hope it runs well on F1 2015. Does anyone know if it automatically calibrates with F1 to make 270 degree rotation correct?

Do any of you have F1 2015 on XBox One? How does it run there?
Yeah I have it mate, is good for me. Some graphic glitches and some known issues but apart from that it is fine.

I know they just released a patch for it this week, I will post the patch notes.

Yeah I have it mate, is good for me. Some graphic glitches and some known issues but apart from that it is fine.

I know they just released a patch for it this week, I will post the patch notes.

Thanks man! So even though the frame rate varies like hell it is not jerky as pCARS, really?

Thanks man! So even though the frame rate varies like hell it is not jerky as pCARS, really?
Nope not as bad, hopefully they fix the PCars issue soon with the patch. If you don't have F1 2015 yet pick it up at Target for $59, can't go wrong.

Nope not as bad, hopefully they fix the PCars issue soon with the patch. If you don't have F1 2015 yet pick it up at Target for $59, can't go wrong.

Thanks, that's a good price although I have mainly been getting Digital versions lately and I'm not sure about going back to discs. Swapping games at a whim is wonderful but then there is a $40 difference. I might wait a bit and see if price drops on XBL.

Thanks man for your reply! :cheers: by the way have you seen the weekly Nurb challenge thread on FM5's forum (GTP)?

Thanks, that's a good price although I have mainly been getting Digital versions lately and I'm not sure about going back to discs. Swapping games at a whim is wonderful but then there is a $40 difference. I might wait a bit and see if price drops on XBL.

Thanks man for your reply! :cheers: by the way have you seen the weekly Nurb challenge thread on FM5's forum (GTP)?
No worries mate, yeah I like digital, never thought I would but, couldn't justify paying $99 for F1 2015 digital when it was cheaper at Target and when I also paid for Forza 6 Ultimate Edition.

No I haven't seen the Nurb challenge thread on FM5's forum. Will have a look now.

What circuits is your framerate dropping at? Monaco has been only issue for me so far.
It's not circuit related, maybe framerate is the wrong word. It's a know issue on the official forum and will be patched asap. While you are driving, totally randomly, the game stops for something like 1 second and then fast forward you in another point of the circuit few meters in front. Off course is a problem if it happens during a turn.

The PS4 version of the game has a 725MB update today. Let's see what it fixed or improved shall we.

From the Codemasters forums:

PS4:
  • Fixed deadzone being incorrectly applied to steering wheels
  • Fixed steering wheel settings not saving correctly
  • Fixed incorrect detection of certain controllers and steering wheels
  • Fixed assists being active in Pro Season mode
  • Fixed inverted force feedback on the T100 steering wheels
  • Fixed OSD swipe being mapped to the DRS button on T500s
  • Fixed race weekend settings not being editable during Championship Season mode
  • Fixed AI cars having punctured tyres in P2 and P3 sessions in Pro Season mode
  • Fixed occasional camera flickering when entering spectate mode
  • Fixed Time Trial rivals not updating correctly when out on track
  • Fixed car resetting to track when using flashback in the pit lane
  • Updated the hopper system to use an alternative search method where players will join an active session. Joining sessions should now be much quicker. If no free sessions are available in that hopper then the user will create a new session
  • Added a new “invite only” custom match option
  • Fixed some multiplayer races being “won” as soon as they start
  • Fixed spectators crashing at the end of online practice sessions
  • Fixed several instances of players failing to start a session after other players have left the game
  • Fixed players not joining hopper lobbies correctly from some game modes
  • Fixed race start timer increasing whenever a player joins a hopper lobby
  • Fixed players acquiring another player’s points when joining a session mid-season
  • Fixed saved lobby settings not loading in correctly
  • Fixed car body not loading in correctly in some multiplayer race
  • Fixed vote to skip track being used multiple times
  • Various other bug fixes and improvements across all game modes

Note: for non-European regions this patch also includes all fixes from the v1.02 patch that was released in Europe last month.

PC:

• Fixed deadzone being incorrectly applied to steering wheels
  • Fixed steering wheel settings not saving correctly
  • Fixed incorrect detection of certain controllers and steering wheels

i have to say wheel support has improved a lot with my T300GTE, now i have no more deadzone and i have strong feedback everywhere. I have to admit it feels very very good.

I'm very satisfied with the game, can't get how people are storming **** over it. In my opinion is the best f1 game ever released. Probably f1 2016 will be a beast if they use f1 2015 as a core and add features and content.

I remember when a i was 10 years old and i was playing f1 1997 on ps1... and now we are here... ah memories :)

i have to say wheel support has improved a lot with my T300GTE, now i have no more deadzone and i have strong feedback everywhere. I have to admit it feels very very good.

I'm very satisfied with the game, can't get how people are storming **** over it. In my opinion is the best f1 game ever released. Probably f1 2016 will be a beast if they use f1 2015 as a core and add features and content.

I remember when a i was 10 years old and i was playing f1 1997 on ps1... and now we are here... ah memories :)

Very pleased to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that 2015 is the best F1 game.
The handling is vastly improved, particularly with wheel support/FFB (feels great with my T300 RS) and make the cars so much better to drive.
The AI is vastly improved, particularly in regards to the first corner behaviour and close combat racing. Finally they give you a challenge instead of just the simple divebomb move you could 100% pull off before.
I didn't buy 2014, mostly because of the fact that it was on old gen consoles, and pad drivers were much quicker than those who use a wheel.

I don't see why there are such bad reviews for this game. Yes, there are less single player modes, but no one over spent time on those anyway.
And those who think that there isn't a career mode, well championship mode basically is. It's the same concept but everyone gets angry because you can't be your own driver. It's not really a big deal.

I'm sure that 2016 will see the return for the proper 'career' mode that you all want, but F1 2015 has more than enough to tide us over until then. :lol:

Very pleased to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that 2015 is the best F1 game.
The handling is vastly improved, particularly with wheel support/FFB (feels great with my T300 RS) and make the cars so much better to drive.
The AI is vastly improved, particularly in regards to the first corner behaviour and close combat racing. Finally they give you a challenge instead of just the simple divebomb move you could 100% pull off before.
I didn't buy 2014, mostly because of the fact that it was on old gen consoles, and pad drivers were much quicker than those who use a wheel.

I don't see why there are such bad reviews for this game. Yes, there are less single player modes, but no one over spent time on those anyway.
And those who think that there isn't a career mode, well championship mode basically is. It's the same concept but everyone gets angry because you can't be your own driver. It's not really a big deal.

I'm sure that 2016 will see the return for the proper 'career' mode that you all want, but F1 2015 has more than enough to tide us over until then. :lol:

I also think it's the best official F1 game. I do miss career mode, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Especially because I can see that they skipped it to focus on building a solid core game for this gen. This approach makes me happy, as with 2010, they tried to cram every idea into it, and the core game was a shallow bug fest. They were forced to build on that flawed platform for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. It looks like they learned a valuable lesson from that.

2015 has a few bugs, 90% of them are online though, so they don't affect me. The physics are a lot better, the AI is light years ahead of their previous games, and the graphics are pretty damn good too. With the core of the game so well sorted, I feel confident that they will be able to focus on giving us a good dose of community requested features in 2016. Can't wait to get my wheel. This game will be a lot of fun with a wheel I reckon.

I also think it's the best official F1 game. I do miss career mode, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Especially because I can see that they skipped it to focus on building a solid core game for this gen. This approach makes me happy, as with 2010, they tried to cram every idea into it, and the core game was a shallow bug fest. They were forced to build on that flawed platform for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. It looks like they learned a valuable lesson from that.

2015 has a few bugs, 90% of them are online though, so they don't affect me. The physics are a lot better, the AI is light years ahead of their previous games, and the graphics are pretty damn good too. With the core of the game so well sorted, I feel confident that they will be able to focus on giving us a good dose of community requested features in 2016. Can't wait to get my wheel. This game will be a lot of fun with a wheel I reckon.

You won't be disappointed. The game is AMAZING with a good wheel. Once you try a wheel with this version of the game it will make you appreciate how the car physics and driving model are the best yet in the series. IMO =)

Its getting negative press from people who have already pledged alleigence to another game usually. God forbid competition in the market. :lol:

I see they did an update, to fix some of the issues with the wheels. I haven't bought the game yet, but today is pay day, and I think I'll pick this game up tomorrow. My last game was F1 2013, so it has been a while.

After the patch i could run a full qualy session in my next race in season mode...i got 16th in Q3 but didnt get through to Q2? Is that correct...i had no penalties or anything.

FMW
You won't be disappointed. The game is AMAZING with a good wheel. Once you try a wheel with this version of the game it will make you appreciate how the car physics and driving model are the best yet in the series. IMO =)

I'm already not disappointed with it to be fair. I've completed a full season in a Mclaren on Legend and loved it. Had some bloody incredible races against the AI.

Switched to Force Inida, and hated the car with a passion. Engine had good power, but top speed was hampered by drag, and the downforce was so inconsistent. One corner it'd be ok, and the next it would just understeer so badly, and then the next the tail wouldn't stay planted. Very frustrating car. I found I had to compromise my set up badly to prevent it chewing up the rear tyres. When I had the wear under control, my pace was barely a tenth or two per lap quicker than my team mate. I gave up on that car, it just didn't suit my style at all.

Switched to Williams, and wow, what a car. I still need to be careful about rear tyre wear, but the drag is so low compared with the Force India. I tend to set it up to be kind on the tyres, which results in kinda poor mechanical grip, resulting in low traction and slow exits from low speed corners. I can make up for it with the aero grip balance for mid - high speed corners, and the low drag which enables me to be top of the speed traps.

I've also tried the Manor, and that thing is terrible lol. Slightly slower than the Mclaren in a straight line. Amazingly poor traction and mechanical grip. Aero so poor it's hard to tell the difference when you make wing changes, and almost impossible to tune the balance to suit your tastes. The engine seems to use a ton of fuel compared to the others, and the chassis just destroys tyres.

The Mclaren, while gutless, has the best chassis of all the cars I've driven so far. Great mechanical grip and chassis balance, very very easy on it's tyres, and aero balance so nice you can tune the car to suit what ever attitude you want from it. On Legend I was able to beat the Mercedes sector times in downforce dependent sectors, such as sector two at Shanghai, where it's all high speed flowing corners, which need high downforce and good aero balance.

I can't wait to have the fine control the wheel will offer. Better control over inputs will allow me to get the most out of the game for sure!

I'm already not disappointed with it to be fair. I've completed a full season in a Mclaren on Legend and loved it. Had some bloody incredible races against the AI.

Switched to Force Inida, and hated the car with a passion. Engine had good power, but top speed was hampered by drag, and the downforce was so inconsistent. One corner it'd be ok, and the next it would just understeer so badly, and then the next the tail wouldn't stay planted. Very frustrating car. I found I had to compromise my set up badly to prevent it chewing up the rear tyres. When I had the wear under control, my pace was barely a tenth or two per lap quicker than my team mate. I gave up on that car, it just didn't suit my style at all.

Switched to Williams, and wow, what a car. I still need to be careful about rear tyre wear, but the drag is so low compared with the Force India. I tend to set it up to be kind on the tyres, which results in kinda poor mechanical grip, resulting in low traction and slow exits from low speed corners. I can make up for it with the aero grip balance for mid - high speed corners, and the low drag which enables me to be top of the speed traps.

I've also tried the Manor, and that thing is terrible lol. Slightly slower than the Mclaren in a straight line. Amazingly poor traction and mechanical grip. Aero so poor it's hard to tell the difference when you make wing changes, and almost impossible to tune the balance to suit your tastes. The engine seems to use a ton of fuel compared to the others, and the chassis just destroys tyres.

The Mclaren, while gutless, has the best chassis of all the cars I've driven so far. Great mechanical grip and chassis balance, very very easy on it's tyres, and aero balance so nice you can tune the car to suit what ever attitude you want from it. On Legend I was able to beat the Mercedes sector times in downforce dependent sectors, such as sector two at Shanghai, where it's all high speed flowing corners, which need high downforce and good aero balance.

I can't wait to have the fine control the wheel will offer. Better control over inputs will allow me to get the most out of the game for sure!

At the moment, I'm doing a career with Lotus, with Legend AI and 50% race distance. Currently 6th in the championship, mostly from a win at Monaco and 2nd at Canada.

The first three races I managed to score no points through errors - Australia I did a 3 stop (AI did 2), Malaysia I had a puncture whilst running 6th, and China I also had to do a 3 stop (AI did 2). But after that, I've managed to score points at every race (currently at Spa). I have to do Spa again because my wheel stand broke in the middle of the race! :banghead: I was trying to make a 3 stop work, so I was constantly overtaking cars with much worse tyres. Was due to finish about 9th.

I've found that very low aero works the best on all tracks except Monaco and Hungary - usually 3-2 wings on higher downforce tracks (Silverstone etc) and 3-1 wings on low downforce tracks (Monza, Spa etc). Low aero will also get you better tyre wear as well.

I'm thinking of joining Ferrari for next season :lol:

At the moment, I'm doing a career with Lotus, with Legend AI and 50% race distance. Currently 6th in the championship, mostly from a win at Monaco and 2nd at Canada.

The first three races I managed to score no points through errors - Australia I did a 3 stop (AI did 2), Malaysia I had a puncture whilst running 6th, and China I also had to do a 3 stop (AI did 2). But after that, I've managed to score points at every race (currently at Spa). I have to do Spa again because my wheel stand broke in the middle of the race! :banghead: I was trying to make a 3 stop work, so I was constantly overtaking cars with much worse tyres. Was due to finish about 9th.

I've found that very low aero works the best on all tracks except Monaco and Hungary - usually 3-2 wings on higher downforce tracks (Silverstone etc) and 3-1 wings on low downforce tracks (Monza, Spa etc). Low aero will also get you better tyre wear as well.

I'm thinking of joining Ferrari for next season :lol:

Yeah less wing will take some pressure off the tyres, but it can backfire, as the back end will slide around easier. Thermal deg is the quickest way to ruin the tyres. Less wing can lower the load on the tyres, but you'll end up understeering or oversteering, or sometimes a combination of the two lol. Keep the temp graphic up while you practice, and you'll see how badly the tyres will overheat. The best way I found is to reduce your mechanical grip with less camber and toe, and your tyres will retain less heat. Also for some reason having lower tyre pressures makes them heat up slower (which is backwards), so use that too. You'll lose a fair bit of mechanical grip, but you can reclaim lap time with more aero grip.

Watch the weather, if it's going to be a hot session, go for less camber/toe/tyre pressure, and more wing to compensate. You should be able to significantly reduce your tyre wear if you do it right. My set ups are always a compromise between ultimate one lap pace and tyre wear. Obviously in a cold session, or rain, you'll want the car set up to keep the heat in the tyres, so more camber and toe can be used.

As far as aero balance, it really depends on car. The Mclaren will handle however you want it to, so that one will handle low rear wing high front no dramas. The Force Inidia, on the other hand, has a large tendency to oversteer, and also eats it's rear tyres if you aren't careful. This means the difference between front and rear wing can't be so big, which is a pain, as it'll understeer on new tyres, and then half way through the tyre life, it's hard to keep the rears planted. If you go for an oversteering set up, it'll be quick in quali, but your tyres will be ruined half way through a stint, and it'll be a handful to make it to your pit window.

I haven't driven the Ferrari, Mercedes, or Red Bull yet, but I have a feeling they'll all have nice chassis, so you'll have a bigger set up window to make the car work how you want it to. The Mclaren is like that, but the gutless engine really lets it down.

If your car is set up for great one lap pace, but you're finding you have to make an extra stop, it's not so bad. You can make that work at a fair few tracks. I was doing that in the Williams, and I reckon 75% of the times I tried it, I was finishing in a higher position than I would have if I had saved tyres and gone for the same strategy as the AI.

The Mclaren was great on tyres, my team mate was sometimes stopping once less than most other AI cars. I went full on aggressive with it every race, set up wise, and sometimes needed to do one more stop than the AI. On Legend, I finished the season 6th as Button. I won 2 or 3 races and took a few more podiums. One race, I think it was Sochi, Alonso did a one stop, while the other AIs did a two stop, and I did a three stop, because my set up was a full on quali set up. I finished the race, despite it being largely a power track, in 3rd place, and a full lap ahead of Alonso. So it's definitely possible to make multiple strategies work in some races. The trick, I've found, is to try and pick which races you'll be able to make it work, and which one's it'll be too hard to make work. Give it a go at tracks that'll suit your car's style. Tracks where you'll be struggling anyway, you're best off going for the standard strategy and taking it easy on the tyres.

Yeah less wing will take some pressure off the tyres, but it can backfire, as the back end will slide around easier. Thermal deg is the quickest way to ruin the tyres. Less wing can lower the load on the tyres, but you'll end up understeering or oversteering, or sometimes a combination of the two lol. Keep the temp graphic up while you practice, and you'll see how badly the tyres will overheat. The best way I found is to reduce your mechanical grip with less camber and toe, and your tyres will retain less heat. Also for some reason having lower tyre pressures makes them heat up slower (which is backwards), so use that too. You'll lose a fair bit of mechanical grip, but you can reclaim lap time with more aero grip.

Watch the weather, if it's going to be a hot session, go for less camber/toe/tyre pressure, and more wing to compensate. You should be able to significantly reduce your tyre wear if you do it right. My set ups are always a compromise between ultimate one lap pace and tyre wear. Obviously in a cold session, or rain, you'll want the car set up to keep the heat in the tyres, so more camber and toe can be used.

As far as aero balance, it really depends on car. The Mclaren will handle however you want it to, so that one will handle low rear wing high front no dramas. The Force Inidia, on the other hand, has a large tendency to oversteer, and also eats it's rear tyres if you aren't careful. This means the difference between front and rear wing can't be so big, which is a pain, as it'll understeer on new tyres, and then half way through the tyre life, it's hard to keep the rears planted. If you go for an oversteering set up, it'll be quick in quali, but your tyres will be ruined half way through a stint, and it'll be a handful to make it to your pit window.

I haven't driven the Ferrari, Mercedes, or Red Bull yet, but I have a feeling they'll all have nice chassis, so you'll have a bigger set up window to make the car work how you want it to. The Mclaren is like that, but the gutless engine really lets it down.

If your car is set up for great one lap pace, but you're finding you have to make an extra stop, it's not so bad. You can make that work at a fair few tracks. I was doing that in the Williams, and I reckon 75% of the times I tried it, I was finishing in a higher position than I would have if I had saved tyres and gone for the same strategy as the AI.

The Mclaren was great on tyres, my team mate was sometimes stopping once less than most other AI cars. I went full on aggressive with it every race, set up wise, and sometimes needed to do one more stop than the AI. On Legend, I finished the season 6th as Button. I won 2 or 3 races and took a few more podiums. One race, I think it was Sochi, Alonso did a one stop, while the other AIs did a two stop, and I did a three stop, because my set up was a full on quali set up. I finished the race, despite it being largely a power track, in 3rd place, and a full lap ahead of Alonso. So it's definitely possible to make multiple strategies work in some races. The trick, I've found, is to try and pick which races you'll be able to make it work, and which one's it'll be too hard to make work. Give it a go at tracks that'll suit your car's style. Tracks where you'll be struggling anyway, you're best off going for the standard strategy and taking it easy on the tyres.
I usually use this guy's setups, as he uses the same wheel and 50% distance/Legend AI. He also does career videos on his channel.
This is his setup guide, which I found very useful:

I usually use this guy's setups, as he uses the same wheel and 50% distance/Legend AI. He also does career videos on his channel.
This is his setup guide, which I found very useful:

Cool. I always work out my own set ups. Usually the first race in a new team I'll use up the whole practice session trying things out. It works for me though, it feels good when I get a good result, knowing all the set up work was my own. Like I said, I finished 6th in the driver's championship in a Mclaren on Legend, so I'm doing ok with my own tunes. :D

Is it just me, or are the AI significantly slower in Q3? Managed to get pole by a second at Monza with Lotus/Legend AI, and again at Suzuka - despite only just reaching the top 10 in practice and Q2??

Managed 2nd at Monza, despite stopping once more than the AI (this Lotus has shocking tyre wear!). Did an incredible move on Massa into the last corner of the last lap to regain 2nd! Also managed fastest lap.

Also had a great race at Singapore, winning the race despite qualifying 7th. Had some incredible battles, and for once I didn't have a problem with tyre wear! :bowdown: Had to hold off Hamilton on the last lap - he caught an 8 second gap in 4 laps!!

Only got 6th at Suzuka, again making one more stop than the AI. It seems the Lotus and the Force India have the worst tyre wear - most races they are the only cars to make an extra stop.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or are the AI significantly slower in Q3? Managed to get pole by a second at Monza with Lotus/Legend AI, and again at Suzuka - despite only just reaching the top 10 in practice and Q2??

Managed 2nd at Monza, despite stopping once more than the AI (this Lotus has shocking tyre wear!). Did an incredible move on Massa into the last corner of the last lap to regain 2nd! Also managed fastest lap.

Also had a great race at Singapore, winning the race despite qualifying 7th. Had some incredible battles, and for once I didn't have a problem with tyre wear! :bowdown: Had to hold off Hamilton on the last lap - he caught an 8 second gap in 4 laps!!

Only got 6th at Suzuka, again making one more stop than the AI. It seems the Lotus and the Force India have the worst tyre wear - most races they are the only cars to make an extra stop.

I've also noticed the AI are slower in q3. A few occasions I've paid attention to practice times, and then in Q3 I've found that, while I'm obviously much faster with the engine turned up and on options, than I was in practice with engine on normal and running primes, the AI seem to post around the same times on options in quali as they did on primes in practice.

It becomes an issue when you're driving for a slow team, because you ALWAYS qualify well out of position, and end up with a race objective way out of reach. This means you spend the race going backwards in the slower cars, after qualifying up with cars that are way faster.

I can also vouch for FI having some of the worst tyre wear. I haven't used the Lotus, but I've seen people complain of it's wear too. I'll also add the Manor to that list, as that car is so hopelessly slow, that you mangle the tyres just trying to race anyone but your teammate lol. If you know your place in the Manor and only try to race your teammate, the wear isn't great, but not ridiculous.

Edit: The best car I've used on it's tyres is the Mclaren, but I haven't used the Red Bull, Ferrari, or Mercedes, and I suspect they'll all be decent too. Williams has worse wear than Mclaren, but better than Force India, and is much quicker than either of them.

I've also noticed the AI are slower in q3. A few occasions I've paid attention to practice times, and then in Q3 I've found that, while I'm obviously much faster with the engine turned up and on options, than I was in practice with engine on normal and running primes, the AI seem to post around the same times on options in quali as they did on primes in practice.

It becomes an issue when you're driving for a slow team, because you ALWAYS qualify well out of position, and end up with a race objective way out of reach. This means you spend the race going backwards in the slower cars, after qualifying up with cars that are way faster.

I can also vouch for FI having some of the worst tyre wear. I haven't used the Lotus, but I've seen people complain of it's wear too. I'll also add the Manor to that list, as that car is so hopelessly slow, that you mangle the tyres just trying to race anyone but your teammate lol. If you know your place in the Manor and only try to race your teammate, the wear isn't great, but not ridiculous.

Edit: The best car I've used on it's tyres is the Mclaren, but I haven't used the Red Bull, Ferrari, or Mercedes, and I suspect they'll all be decent too. Williams has worse wear than Mclaren, but better than Force India, and is much quicker than either of them.
I don't know why they would make Force India have such bad tyre wear - IRL they have one of the best wear, and are able to make less stops work most of the time.

It seems McLaren and Red Bull have by far the best wear in the game, based on the AI in a 50% race.

I came 8th in my first season with Alonso,pretty happy with that.

Gone to RB & Kyvat for next season - the car is so much better than the McLaren,much more planted,better brakes & grip. But the tyre wear is much worse. Anyone know why?

Im having to make an extra pit stop in the last stint of races normally. In the McLaren i could just about make it normally.

Interesting. I haven't used the bull but I had thought it'd be close to the macca on wear. I also loved driving the Mclaren, I managed 6th on Legend in the Driver's championship. I wonder how the Ferrari and Mercedes wear is then...

I'm having a really good time with F1 2015. It's as polished as Codemasters other games and playing with a default PS4 pad is peachy. Going back to the controller set up of Project Cars shows how much focus Slightly Mad gave to the steering wheel set up and how little consideration they gave to controller users. F1 2015 allows such delicate movements on the pad and is joyful to put the laps in.

Here's a little video I made of myself driving around Silverstone in the wet. It was not perfect, as I almost lost through turns 3, 4 and 5! But it shows the physics in place and how gorgeous the game is!

1.06 arrived:

PS4 – v1.06

Game

• Added a session list screen which is available via the Multiplayer menu. This screen will allow players to search for all public sessions and join the one they want to. Custom and Hopper sessions will be visible on this list.
  • Multiplayer fixes and improvements:
o Fixed the players met section so it now updates correctly.

o Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.

o Parc ferme rules are no longer incorrectly applied so players will not get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying or not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race if they qualified outside the top ten.

o Fixed an issue that would cause a players car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.

o Fixed framerate and lag spikes causing incorrect collisions.

o Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.

o Disallowing Brake Assist will no longer also block ABS.

o Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.

o Minor hopper improvements and changes

§ Removed the AI from all hoppers.

§ Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.

§ Made the countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.

§ Changed the grid order to random from realistic. So now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.

• Full practice is now available in Quick Race.
  • Added a Strict corner cutting rules option.
  • Corrected a problem with the corner cutting rules that could mean you get a penalty even if you run wide and lost time.
  • Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map. This was not present in the actual track data.
  • Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
  • The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
  • Improvements to AI behaviour in Qualifying:
    • AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time.
    • AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
    • AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
  • Made the D-Pad menu more responsive to use.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display. This was mostly reported online but can be seen offline too.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
  • Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic lap times in practice and qualifying.

Back