Ferrari Enzo Tune or not?

• Thread starter IndyRacer
  • 61 comments
Necro, but I'm bored.

The Enzo is an understeering hog. Lately in online rooms, I've been trying to find mini endurance races. Somewhere between 15-30 laps on some of the more popular tracks, where tire wear, pit stops and fuel strategy can add a new variable to the racing. Unfortunately, I've found these rooms to be few and far between.
Yesterday I stumbled upon a 'Ferrari Only' PP room running 15 laps.
I only had 2 Ferraris, the Enzo and a stock 430. The 430 wasn't even close to PP limit, and I saw the room filled with Italia 458's and a couple 430's. I assumed I was at a disadvantage, but qualifying showed that I would at least be able to keep up, and if I stay mistake free, had potential to pull off a win.
As soon as I entered the track with my Enzo, I heard a voice in another language (There's never US people doing these types of races) something something something, Enzo, something something something, followed by a chuckle. So I assumed they knew how much better the other Ferrari's handled in comparison.
At the time my Enzo had the RKM tune on it, and I kept it clean for the whole race, following in 2nd behind an Italia for nearly the entire 15 lap event. I made a point of saving tires, using the draft and it paid off. On lap 13 I started applying pressure to the leader. With his tires clearly lacking the grip I had saved, he started slipping and sliding here and there, just a touch. On lap 14 he got out of shape and I pounced on the opportunity to take the lead. From there on out I pushed it as hard as I could to give myself some space, and take advantage of all the tread I had saved. It ended up working out perfectly and I actually ended up winning all 3 of the races I entered with the Enzo, across 3 different tracks. In the middle somewhere I swapped to Praiano's tune to give it a try. It felt good, was a bit slide-y on the back end at Monza and wore down the rear tires quicker than I would have liked. Luckily with the DFGT I was able to adjust my brake balance mid race, giving the front more bias, to help save the rears. Unfortunately due to the different tracks, I couldn't give a fair comparison of the tunes, but the Enzo is very capable if driven correctly with a tune that doesn't kill corner speeds.

Tl;dr Stock it's garbage, find a tune, practice with the car, and you can catch a few people off guard!

I have one and didn't know you could do this, you can adjust during the race?

Ok, this is how you should use the Enzo. First off, it's a car with a lot of Understeer. I've tuned the hell out of this car, and still, can't get the car to carve up corners. However, the car is excellent on certain tracks like Indianapolis Road Course. Indy has long straights, and slow corners, where understeer isn't a problem. The Enzo is a hot rod, pure and simple. It's a quick accelerator and it can stop on a dime. It's brakes are excellent. For tracks that have long straights, and require heavy braking, use the Enzo.

Hi good morning Cavallo Rosso. Try my tune and tell me what you think about, the understeer is ok now and it carve good .... just need a little downforce like "VOLKSWAGEN W12 NARDO CONCEPT" ....:) yes... i'm dreaming, but it'll be so good 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5292614#post5292614

I think if you are careful with the throttle, enzo is a fuc***** machine

Don't need to be careful with throttle with my tune, you can attack with all you have no problems no spinning.

Hey man you're from Peniche ???? i've surf there in 1984 ... supertube good spot ....

Don't need to be careful with throttle with my tune, you can attack with all you have no problems no spinning.

Hey man you're from Peniche ???? i've surf there in 1984 ... supertube good spot ....

Muito bom amigo 👍 a melhor praia de surf em portugal :dopey:

Well I kinda like the Enzo (tuned or Stock).
I came up with my own personal Opinion about the Brakes etc..
The Enzo is just way to fast due to it´s power/weight ratio. It accelerates like a rocket
=> all the time your way too fast => you have to brake early

This is why people think the Brakes are Soap or something equal in terms of Stopping :D

Well before ^that, I didn´t like the Enzo. But now it´s a fun and fast Car for me.
But 458 and Scud are very close and at some Tracks a bit faster.

I have one and didn't know you could do this, you can adjust during the race?
The Driving Force GT has the extra controls.
DS3 users can 'assign' buttons to do the same thing if they please.
On the bottom left, in a circle, are the up/down arrows, which navigate through the options.
On the bottom right, is the 'Enter' Button, and that red ring around it, is the adjuster.
Hit the 'enter' button and the menu pops up.
Use the up/down arrows to scroll to your front or rear brakes.
Once there, use the red ring, to adjust the setting higher or lower.
Really helps for endurance races, where you can help even out your tire wear.

The Enzo still pushes after trying his tune, but at least it's drivable now. It's the type of car I'd use on Circuit de la Sarthe, but never on the Autumn Ring or Cote De Azur

The Enzo still pushes after trying his tune, but at least it's drivable now. It's the type of car I'd use on Circuit de la Sarthe, but never on the Autumn Ring or Cote De Azur

You also could try my Enzo setup if you're interested. Link to my garage is in my signature.

The only time I tried an Enzo was when I asked a friend to lend me one for the Ferrari-only race way back in time. Imo it's crap and not worth a million at all. E.g. a Lambo Murcielago could easily beat it I think, at least as long as I drive. I think it feels too 'heavy' and does cornering really bad.

So whats the best Ferrari car in this game?? I just started playing this game..and i find it very good,although i never drove it yet....

I dont know what is the "best" ferrari but my least favorite is the enzo. Just because its frustrating and i have ADD.. Though when racing online races with ABS off at 550~575PP the enzo suddenly perks up great.

It all depend on what type of racing your doing. The Enzo is an absolute beast at Daytona.

I spent about 2 hours on the enzo. Absolutly hated this car at first. My enzo has every upgrade bought for it. I finally got it to stop understeering almost entirely. I got it stable in the rear and i can push it rather hard around sarth. Silverstone and on nurburgring.
Ride hight i left at the default level. Spring rate is
10.87F/14.83R

Dampers(compression)
4F/4R
Extension
5F/9R

Anti roll bars
4F/3R

Camber
0.5F/0.5R

Toe
-0.18F/0.16R

Brakes
6F/3R

Drivetrain
Initial torque 50
Accel 9
Braking 5

Downforce 70 (with optional rear wing)

Weight ballast
175kg
-50 (front).

The pp is only 623. Thae car can be setup to reach 638pp but i found that with the car setup this way at the 623 i am able to turn laps at silverstone 5-6 seconds faster than with the best tune i could find on this site for this car. At sarth i was getting 4-5 secs faster and on nurburgring i was able to see over a minute faster. Mainly because i can run it hard and it will still carve turns well.

Back