For fans of Initial D...

• Thread starter Asane
  • 37 comments
Even though it won't be good for real racing It can be a really good rally stage. I hope kaz add that mountain, but I though there's a touge track coming to GT5? Remember the FT-86 trailer on that mountain pass? I forgot what it's called.

Well, considering as some (or all) World Rally Stages are going to be in GT5, is there any Rally Japan stages on a touge?

Yes, it's Mt. Haruna with some creative liberties taken.
Some pics from Haruna. You can find more here.

Picture_201.jpg

Picture_226.jpg

I think the problem would be rights to the Mt. Akina in the anime or manga. There is an Initial D licensed game, so they can't just ask Shuichi Shigeno for it. It would depend on what the contract is with SEGA. Getting Haruna though would be easy. The Tokyo Extreme Drift series had it. That's probably why PD refer to the AE86 on GT3 and 4 as "Shuichi Shigeno Versions" instead of giving a direct reference to the anime. No Tofu shop decals on the side either.

I'm all for a touge type event/track. 👍👍👍

Even though it won't be good for real racing It can be a really good rally stage. I hope kaz add that mountain, but I though there's a touge track coming to GT5? Remember the FT-86 trailer on that mountain pass? I forgot what it's called.
I feel like they could do a Nurburgring style wrap around to give us a Mt. Haruna or Mt. Akina Style track everyone could enjoy. I've been using the Nurb as a Togue track on Event nights and usually have to use the edges of the green as wall points to call races. Having those tight roads and paths could benefit not only the most seasoned racers but also the biggest enthusiasts.

Yes, it's Mt. Haruna with some creative liberties taken.
Some pics from Haruna. You can find more here.

Picture_201.jpg

Picture_226.jpg

I think the problem would be rights to the Mt. Akina in the anime or manga. There is an Initial D licensed game, so they can't just ask Shuichi Shigeno for it. It would depend on what the contract is with SEGA. Getting Haruna though would be easy. The Tokyo Extreme Drift series had it. That's probably why PD refer to the AE86 on GT3 and 4 as "Shuichi Shigeno Versions" instead of giving a direct reference to the anime. No Tofu shop decals on the side either.

I'm all for a touge type event/track. 👍👍👍
I mean they did add a third version of a AE86 SPECIFICALLY for Mr. Shuichi Shigeno... The man may take it a blessing having a piece of anime culture he created that is loved worldwide to be accessible in a wider scale. i just love the idea itself.

Back