Formula 1 crypto.com Miami Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 321 comments
This win for Norris will ensure that the RB19 is the most dominant car in F1 history. Is it high time now for McLaren? Are they on the brink of a new dynasty? This season just got a lot more interesting.

Speaking of Tsunoda, I wonder if this weekend's finish puts doubt back into Danny's future. Started off strong with the Sprint, but with the understanding that he had a penalty that put him at the back, it still looks like he did absolutely nothing all race whilst Tsunoda had a strong weekend through out (Q15/F8 in Sprint, Q10/F7 in Race). That car is definitely quick enough to get past the Saubers & the Alpines.

Ricciardo was my favorite driver at one point so it as much as it pains me to say this, I really think his time has passed. We still have 16 or 17 races to go and things can change but still his performance so far has been very lackluster. If he could hold off a Ferrari in the Sprint, he should have been able to get up into the points in the race despite being in the back. Yuki improved his position in both the sprint and the race against cars that are faster than vcarb so I think the car definitely has pace compared to the rest of the field.

It happened on Monday the 6th here so no, not all of us can. Star Wars day was two days ago. Just saying... ;):sly:
But it was Revenge of the Fifth...

Speaking of which, five-second penalty to #55, Sainz, drops him to fifth.

Ooooh GIF

Sainz gets a time penalty for the Piastri contact, dropping him to P5 and elevating Checo to P4.
Good. Pretty clear from all the radio ranting that Carlos had lost his cool, very clumsy move in the end.

Surprised though that it was only 5 seconds - I thought all the Spaniards get a bonus punishment these days.

So Magnussen now has 10 penalty points total. Quite impressive, since his oldest points only date back to Saudi.

He can only score 1 more point in the entire rest of the year without getting a race ban, which judging by his recent driving is gonna be an issue.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Felipe Massa also banned once (while driving for Sauber if I recall) and he got replaced for multiple races?

If he gets a ban, is Haas allowed to have another driver in his car?

That's what they did when Grosjean got banned. d'Ambrosio stepped in to replace him.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Felipe Massa also banned once (while driving for Sauber if I recall) and he got replaced for multiple races?
Nobody has ever gotten a race ban under the penalty points system yet, so past examples of race bans aren't really applicable. I'm pretty sure bans are still just on driver level though, so yes, Haas could replace him.

Aaaand Horner is ready with his excuses.

Sure, it was the Bollard's fault that Max's car was not as quick (ignoring the fact that the car with half the upgrades was already making up time on him to begin with well before the incident).

In a fabulous case of loophole abuse, after the 2002 Italian Grand Prix Massa was given a grid penalty for the next Grand Prix so, taking that rule as it was written, Sauber subbed in Frentzen for the 2002 United States Grand Prix so that when Massa came back at the following Japanese Grand Prix, he had no penalty to serve. Because of this, the rule was reworded so that grid penalties apply to the driver's next Grand Prix.

I havent enjoyed a race so much in years. The track certainly delivers, some very unorthodox moves made, hard racing and a nail biting finish as everyone thought something would stop Lando winning - i think literally every fan wanted Lando to win. And then all the drivers were happy for him,and all the emotions from Lando- seeing his Dad emotional- add in its Mclarens first win since Ron Dennis too. What a great day for F1. It does get boring and repetitive- but days like that are why i love F1

In a fabulous case of loophole abuse, after the 2002 Italian Grand Prix Massa was given a grid penalty for the next Grand Prix so, taking that rule as it was written, Sauber subbed in Frentzen for the 2002 United States Grand Prix so that when Massa came back at the following Japanese Grand Prix, he had no penalty to serve. Because of this, the rule was reworded so that grid penalties apply to the driver's next Grand Prix.
Ah, that's what it was. Completely forgot about that cheeky decision.

Latest Posts

Back