Formula 1 MSC Cruises Japanese Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 52 comments
Is anyone against the whole "Change tires during red flag"?

IMO if you change tires during a red flag, you go to the back of the grid.

Logan's being pretty racey today, as he takes 11th place from Ocon. Curious to see how well the Hards hold up in the long-run.

Whew, go Oscar!

edit:

Solid 1-2 for Red Bull. Good for the Honda fans in Japan.

Nice 3-4 for Ferrari.

Decent haul of points for McLaren, again. Shame Oscar couldn't hold off George.

Stroll made some nice moves, but Alonso still doing all the heavy lifting for Aston.

Congrats to Yuki for scoring a point for the home crowd.

Those Alpines are slow. Jesus.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious how the last point-scoring position was over 40 seconds behind Hamilton, and lapped by Verstappen.

We joke about the Ferrari strategies but they got it right with Leclerc today. Good job to get him ahead of the Merc-powered squabble.

Sainz still showing them they may have made a big mistake though.

There does seem to be quite a split this year between the front 5 and back 5 teams, more than usual. Probably caused by Alpine switching to tractor production.

Last edited:
We joke about the Ferrari strategies but they got it right with Leclerc today. Good job to get him ahead of the Merc-powered squabble.

Sainz still showing them they may have made a big mistake though.

There does seem to be quite a split this year between the front 5 and back 5 teams, more than usual. Probably caused by Alpine switching to tractor production.
Pretty much any front runner can get infront of merc these days
Merc is no longer a front runner team, no matter how many people want to think it is, they're now mid pack

The status quo always changes.
Look at Williams

They were in the front 20 years ago, then they went to the back, now they're midpack

Pretty much any front runner can get infront of merc these days
Merc is no longer a front runner team, no matter how many people want to think it is, they're now mid pack

The status quo always changes.
Look at Williams

They were in the front 20 years ago, then they went to the back, now they're midpack
Merc-powered squabble

Will Williams have any chassis left before Miami? Based on the current situation, it seems like Sargeant might be out of the car for Shanghai.

Will Williams have any chassis left before Miami? Based on the current situation, it seems like Sargeant might be out of the car for Shanghai.
Have they confirmed any chassis damage after today? If the chassis is OK then they'll be fine.

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m enjoying Nascar with it’s mickey mouse championship format much more than F1.

I've just subbed to Now TV and am watching my first live GP for a while. Two cars out already. Red flag
???

The race was this morning. Finished about 12 hours ago.

Edit: or do you mean as live, as opposed to a highlights package?

Last edited:
Back