Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,353 comments
I'm not sure what the appropriate emoji is for facetiousness, but I probably should have used it.

Anyone know how long this "sale" will last? Ive been out so my game has yet to update
If I had to guess, they're probably gonna keep it goin' for 12 hours; they had a sense of humor about it at least so they're gonna make it official for a day or so, or at least until the actual Series starts.

They made a sale out of me and I wouldn't even have looked at it had it been full price. Hopefully they'll make a little extra for the development budget out of people like me than they would've done had it not been for the accidental discount.

Last edited:
If, like me, you're at work, here's the link to get the pack before it goes full price:

The fact that PG gave these GT race cars drift suspension, lots of relevant engine swaps and even engine spacers is quite impressive. You can see the love despite the fact that they ported all models from FM23.

Also, the Lexus sounds insane!
You can definitely tell they wanted to at least make them fit Horizon, even if the cars themselves are from Motorsport. It's as if PG kinda knew how weirdly this update was gonna be received and went the extra mile to make sure it still fit the mood of the game.

My God, that Porsche is good. It's stickier than a Stick Insect sat on a stick eating a sticky bun.

This is my time from The Goliath below. The car is completely stock and I'd only driven it from the main festival across the map to The Goliath start line. I also use automatic gears, so you lot with more skill than me will smash my time.

1000008750.png

The only thing interesting i managed to find is the highway coming soon icon is called "Wave Highway"
Alright, fine, curiosity's gotten the better of me. Does anyone happen to know the in-game model ID for that Time Attack Lanevo they showed off? I'd love to know when this thing began production so I can get an idea of when that story was.
In regards to the car id. the TA Sierra Evo have 3554 as car id, up to this point the highest car id is around 3800 -ish, even though there are few odd ones that has 9000 as car id.
The pro stock camaro on the other hand have id number of 2130. i guess this is one of the car that they kept for sometime before release.

Played with Photoshop's quick selection tool, some manual erasing of background elements and finally got an even bigger M8 to drive in Forza.
Bigger than before.png

Not a bad addition to Horizon 5, but it would be extremely funny to see the Big M8 go against a Peel or two.

Hopefully, its newest competitors, the Continental-sized Bentley, the Garage 56 Camaro or the Mustang GT3 gets into Forza (that isn't the 2014 Continental GT3).
wl64pfheece41.png

View attachment 1349711
View attachment 1349713

Hey, Microsoft. You know what I mean, right?
This removal of SS badges must have a ridiculous reason under Microsoft's end. What's also irritating is the fact that most interiors hae the generic menu fonts slapped into it instead of using their actual fonts. It's been 3 years and PGG hasn't fixed them, yet FM uses the actual fonts for most of these interiors.

I would say the Nissan Fairlady Z Z31 be a good choice for reward car being how wedge and 80's it is or the Nissan S12 either Hatch or Notchback
I mean, their trip to the Nissan Heritage Collection paid off with the R391 and Silvia Super Silhouette being added to Motorsport, yes? So a Z31 or S12 can be possible.

Last edited:
The only thing interesting i managed to find is the highway coming soon icon is called "Wave Highway"

In regards to the car id. the TA Sierra Evo have 3554 as car id, up to this point the highest car id is around 3800 -ish, even though there are few odd ones that has 9000 as car id.
The pro stock camaro on the other hand have id number of 2130. i guess this is one of the car that they kept for sometime before release.
3867, one of the Cadillac V-Series Rs is the highest ID so far.

Are you having problems with server offline?
It keeps telling me that's offline (playing right now).

Last edited:
View attachment 1349711
View attachment 1349713

Hey, Microsoft. You know what I mean, right?
It was never a global marketing thing like they claimed. I'm just irritated they haven't put it back after being called out on it multiple times.

I wasn't going to grab the DLC pack because I had little interest in it, but it was still $4.99 when I looked at it so it was a pretty good deal and I picked it up anyway. I'm glad I did so I didn't pay full price later on if I changed my mind on it.

It was never a global marketing thing like they claimed. I'm just irritated they haven't put it back after being called out on it multiple times.

I wasn't going to grab the DLC pack because I had little interest in it, but it was still $4.99 when I looked at it so it was a pretty good deal and I picked it up anyway. I'm glad I did so I didn't pay full price later on if I changed my mind on it.
I've never weighed in on this before, but... at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's specifically Turn 10 or Playground wanting to remove references to Nazism. Which, this never was, which makes it all the more baffling.

Ah well it fits with the whole 'PG doesn't allow actual conflict in its stories' thing, so if it falls under that it at least makes some degree of sense.

I've never weighed in on this before, but... at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's specifically Turn 10 or Playground wanting to remove references to Nazism. Which, this never was, which makes it all the more baffling.

Ah well it fits with the whole 'PG doesn't allow actual conflict in its stories' thing, so if it falls under that it at least makes some degree of sense.
Really all that means is that someone didn't understand what the SS in all of these cars actually meant and rather than research it they decided to take the high ground and remove it to not risk offending someone that didn't understand it either.

It's neither of them. It's because of a damaging article some Aussie car mag article posted about some false claims about one of their badge-engineered Holdens that Americans were getting back in 2013.

There wasn't any reason why it had to be this way. Censorship has limits, just so you know.

And the Chevelle GT7 is getting is far nicer compared to the one Forza is stuck with.

Last edited:
tdczztcg82wc1.png

Next update teaser as mentioned here earlier.

A new radio station is really cool, and I think these cars would suit the theme of this update really well

1980 De Tomaso Pantera GT5
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC
1984 Ferrari 308 GTS
1986 Ferrari 288 GTO EVO
2023 Hyundai N Vision 74 Concept
2022 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4
1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
1972 Lamborghini Jarama S
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
I would say the Nissan Fairlady Z Z31 be a good choice for reward car being how wedge and 80's it is or the Nissan S12 either Hatch or Notchback

Attachments

• image_2024-04-25_002602972.png
    image_2024-04-25_002602972.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image_2024-04-25_003353602.png
    image_2024-04-25_003353602.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 1
  • image_2024-04-25_003420490.png
    image_2024-04-25_003420490.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 1
Back