Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,613 comments
It said KTM when I did it last night, so maybe they’ve updated it?

I had all sorts of trouble completing the daily challenge “Transit Flight” in which you need to get three stars at the Runway Danger Sign in any Transit. It took me about 45 minutes because I’m basically a big dummy dum dum.

I tried the new electric Supervan 4 first, but couldn’t make three stars. So I tried the Transit SSV, but it was too much of a brick to get three stars. I tried the Supervan 3 next. I finally got three stars by learning to jump to the left, getting some extra distance because the ground slopes off in that direction. But it didn’t trigger the completion of the Challenge. And then I realized it was because I was at the wrong jump. I was at the main festival site. I mean, it’s on a runway, right? Kinda?

So I tried it again at the correct Runway Danger Sign with the Supervan 3 where I easily three starred it first try. Except it still didn’t complete the challenge. Then I realized the Supervan 3 might be based on a Transit, but it’s not called a Transit, so it doesn’t count. I went back to the Transit SSV, and despite its brick-like aerodynamics, it was able to three-star the jump, and the Challenge finally showed completed. Finally.
Yeah, it was an absolute nightmare even after I figured out the Supervan doesn't count because...reasons. The SSV wants to fly (and land) nose-up, so I had to whack the brakes right as I was about to leave the top of the ramp.

It said KTM when I did it last night, so maybe they’ve updated it?

I had all sorts of trouble completing the daily challenge “Transit Flight” in which you need to get three stars at the Runway Danger Sign in any Transit. It took me about 45 minutes because I’m basically a big dummy dum dum.

I tried the new electric Supervan 4 first, but couldn’t make three stars. So I tried the Transit SSV, but it was too much of a brick to get three stars. I tried the Supervan 3 next. I finally got three stars by learning to jump to the left, getting some extra distance because the ground slopes off in that direction. But it didn’t trigger the completion of the Challenge. And then I realized it was because I was at the wrong jump. I was at the main festival site. I mean, it’s on a runway, right? Kinda?

So I tried it again at the correct Runway Danger Sign with the Supervan 3 where I easily three starred it first try. Except it still didn’t complete the challenge. Then I realized the Supervan 3 might be based on a Transit, but it’s not called a Transit, so it doesn’t count. I went back to the Transit SSV, and despite its brick-like aerodynamics, it was able to three-star the jump, and the Challenge finally showed completed. Finally.
My train of thought was pretty similar on the car choice--I thought 'ah, the Supervans'll count because they're Transits, right?'

I did get three stars on the proper Danger Sign right away, after the usual EV transmission tweaks on the Supervan 4 to give it more top speed--only to discover, to my dismay, the car needed to be specifically a Transit. Which meant upgrades required. Ughhhhhh.

'Course it isn't that big a deal but as someone who likes to drive stock as much as he can, having to make a build just for one daily challenge is a small hassle.

My train of thought was pretty similar on the car choice--I thought 'ah, the Supervans'll count because they're Transits, right?'

I did get three stars on the proper Danger Sign right away, after the usual EV transmission tweaks on the Supervan 4 to give it more top speed--only to discover, to my dismay, the car needed to be specifically a Transit. Which meant upgrades required. Ughhhhhh.

'Course it isn't that big a deal but as someone who likes to drive stock as much as he can, having to make a build just for one daily challenge is a small hassle.
I tried the supervans too at first. But after 3 staring the danger sign with both the new electric one and the donut media supervan I did it with the "normal" Transit with a tune from @Edax 76 Worked like a charme 😃👍

I tried the supervans too at first. But after 3 staring the danger sign with both the new electric one and the donut media supervan I did it with the "normal" Transit with a tune from @Edax 76 Worked like a charme 😃👍
Oh, I still went ahead and performed the upgrades right away, don't get me wrong. It's just that I wish a challenge like that required as little effort as possible, y'know?

So... yeah, this was right and has somehow become wrong in the public build:

1715605465658.png

1715605506558.png

Doubtless @ManteoMax is already aware of it from the noises on the official forum, but just in case...

The "Diet Lucid Air" DeLorean Alpha5 that is supposed to come out this year would probably make sense for this update for the generic Forza EV car.

Attachments

• delorean 2022.jpg
    delorean 2022.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just noticed, too--the stream's this Friday, not Monday like usual. I wonder why they deviated from the norm here of all updates?

I mean, yeah a new radio station is usually a sign of at least a big mini-expansion-style update. But are we getting something bigger than what'll probably be the largest Evolving World update yet to go along with it? An actual third expansion perhaps?

I just noticed, too--the stream's this Friday, not Monday like usual. I wonder why they deviated from the norm here of all updates?

I mean, yeah a new radio station is usually a sign of at least a big mini-expansion-style update. But are we getting something bigger than what'll probably be the largest Evolving World update yet to go along with it? An actual third expansion perhaps?
xbox showcase is coming...🤔

All I’ll be thinking about until Friday is the new Countach, please please please make it happen PG :bowdown:

And for the love of Dua Lipa, finally port the damn R8 V10 Performance from Motorsport to Mexico!

Obviously it would be in a car pack this update, but I’d pay whatever for it, make it happen :bowdown:

All I’ll be thinking about until Friday is the new Countach, please please please make it happen PG :bowdown:

And for the love of Dua Lipa, finally port the damn R8 V10 Performance from Motorsport to Mexico!

Obviously it would be in a car pack this update, but I’d pay whatever for it, make it happen :bowdown:

Attachments

• 9c6fe9673281b85c2d436a6bb67feec9.jpg
    9c6fe9673281b85c2d436a6bb67feec9.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 4
I've really been enjoying the race cars we got with this series. At first I thought I'd hardly use them, but the 911 GT3R especially has become one of my favorite cars in the game. And the drag car, while obviously not meant for other than drag racing, has been fun (in it's own, weird way) to try out in Rivals :lol:

Can't wait to unlock the 911 RSR this Thursday, that one is pretty much my all time favorite race car 👍

Ali
I've really been enjoying the race cars we got with this series. At first I thought I'd hardly use them, but the 911 GT3R especially has become one of my favorite cars in the game. And the drag car, while obviously not meant for other than drag racing, has been fun (in it's own, weird way) to try out in Rivals :lol:

Can't wait to unlock the 911 RSR this Thursday, that one is pretty much my all time favorite race car 👍
Try the Dragster out on the Danger Sign on top of the volcano that faces the main festival. It flies off there due to the amount of speed it can build so quickly. I did my PB on a stock build, no tune.

Okay, so I've reined in my hype; while it is possible we'll be seeing a third expansion--a city expansion themed around a large resort town would be neat and coincide nicely with the Retrowave update--I think it's considerably more likely that the odd timeslot is mostly to allow for more content in the stream since we'll have to go over the new radio station and have an interview with the DJ like what we had when Epitaph Records came back. Just weekend things, y'know?

But, since the livestream date is official, I figured, eh, it's high time to throw together a prediction or two and see what happens at the end of the week. It's gettin' to be that time anyway. :P

At first I was leaning towards '80s Movie and TV Cars for the update's theme, because it'd actually be fairly easy to grab a first-gen Testarossa and Daytona Spyder (from Miami Vice) for the Playlist, especially if they're largely inferior to the 512TR and '70s Daytona we already have in terms of potential PI; PG could probably even get away with a Playlist mostly consisting of '80s Ferraris if they really wanted to--I know we've had a Series where the majority of new cars were Ferraris in the past--and if we're being completely honest with ourselves those old-school Ferraris are the poster boys of the retrowave aesthetic.

But then @pclark06 posted the new DeLorean Alpha5, a car I had completely forgotten about, and I was like "y'know, Retro Revival has legs as a possible theme." Much to my chagrin, I found myself leaning towards Retro Revival before too long, and that's the theme I'm running with today.

Let's assume 20 point cars at maximum, for reasons we'll get to when we're done.

Summer: 2022 Lamborghini Countach (20 points), GMC Syclone Hard-to-Find (40 points)
Autumn: 2023 Ferrari Daytona SP3 (20 points, headline car), Lancia Delta S4 Hard-to-Find (40 points)
Winter: 2025 DeLorean Alpha5 (20 points, another possible pick for headline car), 1985 Nissan Safari Turbo Hard-to-Find (40 points)
Spring: 1997 Plymouth Prowler (20 points), HDT VK Commodore Group A Hard-to-Find (40 points)

The Hard-to-Finds are all cars from the '80s, but not much thought was put into them beyond that, because I know PG sure doesn't. :P

Now, I don't have much of a prediction for the DLC--because you never know, a hypothetical Expansion 3 might cover that--but I did knowingly stop cooking around Spring. I genuinely couldn't think of any other new cars that fit the retro revival aesthetic. If any of you know of any car that could fit better, please let me know, but for now, this is where my prediction stands.

Last edited:
I'm going to predict that with the new radio station, you should all get ready for "Horizon Rick Rolling".

Last edited:
Back