Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels Expansion Pack

• Thread starter Famine
  • 108 comments
It's probably a minor thing to a lot of people, but I'm looking forward to (what appears to be) a wider track.

Although the thumbnail on the Steam page is quite small, it reveals that the Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels expansion might be a mixture of both previous DLCs.

The screenshot appears to be a new landscape, with new terrain including what looks like a large natural monolith. Mexico is home to the world’s tallest natural monolith: Pena de Bernal, which sits 80 miles east of FH5’s host city of Guanajuato.

That famous Hot Wheels orange track snakes around the landscape, making it likely we’ll see an FH3-type expansion — and possibly more items for EventLab — and there’s two cars clearly visible in the image.

[...]

That suggests that the cars won’t necessarily be Hot Wheels toys, but could be real-world models as in FH4’s Hot Wheels DLC — especially as both cars appear in the official Hot Wheels Garage.
smug top gear GIF

Just my two cents, but I'm actually kinda disappointed that it's another Hot Wheels DLC. I already wasn't the biggest fan of the Hot Wheels DLC for Horizon 3 and this one looks like it will be just the same, only with a different new island and new different track layouts.

This is pretty much what I was hoping for when the expansion first leaked. A much bigger, improved version of the FH3 Expansion, but now with Eventlab, which will hopefully allow players to create some really out-there custom Hot Wheels tracks. And the overall environment looks stunning as well. It kinda sucks that it's a month out, though. I figured it would be at the end of the current Series.

Also, woot woot on the Impreza RX Supercar! More Rallycross cars is always a good thing in my book. :D

It is worth noting - as indeed I did in the article - that the two cars shown are not Hot Wheels.

They are full-size, real-life, driveable cars from the Hot Wheels Garage - like the existing Twin Mill & Boneshaker, and the FH4 HW Legends DLC. That firmly hints that the expansion isn't Hot Wheels per se, but Hot Wheels Garage/Legends.

It also looks like a new area of Mexico and of course the orange track... and if that's included as usable objects in EventLab...
I was really hoping you were right.

Just my two cents, but I'm actually kinda disappointed that it's another Hot Wheels DLC. I already wasn't the biggest fan of the Hot Wheels DLC for Horizon 3 and this one looks like it will be just the same, only with a different new island and new different track layouts.
I agree. I was hoping for a new island with some tighter, more interesting roads since the roads in the main game seem to just be designed around shenanigans and not showcasing the cars.

This is basically my feeling too. I get themed expansions for games like this are limited, but while I did enjoy the HW expansion on FH3, I've been struggling to enjoy FH5 as much as I did FH4, so to see this as the first expansion is a bit underwhelming. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it though and I'm happy to see the Brabham BT62 added

I'm not really the most interested person in these silly kinds of expansions, but I still will give it a try. Plus, part of me wants to drive the Deora II. It was one of my favorite fictional hw cars as a kid.

I'm also excited to try the Brabham.

EDIT: Oh and that Hennessey Venom F5, I didn't see that at first.

Last edited:
I didn't really mind the FH3 Hot Wheels expansion or the FH4 Lego expansion, because they were the final DLC released near the end of their respective game's lifespans. By that point having something silly and over the top to mess with was fine because there wasn't any other major content updates to wait for.

Having this be the first one kinda makes me feel like the novelty will wear off long before the next expansion is ready to come along, and seems like a bit of a waste considering there are plenty of other aspects of the Mexico region they could have explored first... given how offroading plays a much larger role in this game, I would have liked to see maybe an extreme rally theme set in Baja California, for example.

Ah well. It is what it is, I guess.

oooh, Deora :D Huge fan of the Deora, the first one though, but the II is also cool :)

What I really want to see actually is the Splittin' Image II, my favorite lol.

Last edited:
I'm the last stage of grief with this because I really don't have a choice. I already paid for it. I will try my best and enjoy it no matter how much I hate this kind of content.

this one looks like it will be just the same, only with a different new island and new different track layouts.
You are aware that the same sentence can be used for literally every sequel or every DLC for any game. Not just racing games.
I'm not into HW and I understand why players may hate it, but what you said really doesn't make sense much. Or you want me to believe adding the same map without the orange tracks would make it suddenly something unique and different?

The only thing i am looking forward to in this expansion is the cars we are getting, i don’t care for hot wheels, not intrested in that one bit,

Well they got my money anyway, but apart from the Brabham, there's nothing at all to my taste.

It's weird.

The expansion adds four entire biomes on top of the original 11 - okay, one of the originals is massive and one tiny, but you're looking at a 20-25% expansion of the map at least. You also get pretty much the only reason HW Unleashed exists, in the shape of user-customisable HW track for EventLab - and if you can use the track in tandem with existing "real" objects, that goes waaaaay beyond Unleashed. Six of the ten additional cars are your usual high performance poster cars, with four actual real-world vehicles based on HW diecasts. Also a story or whatever.

And the whole thing costs as much as the 34-car Car Pass which recently brought such wonders as saloon model of existing hatchback, new version of estate car already in the game, and 80s rotbox pickup - not to forget the 8 bonus cars of pretty much the same car with different bodies* which were in the last game but removed to be sold back to you except not because it's a "bonus" for buying the Car Pass (despite clearly being in the price because this is the only way they're available).

If this was toy cars you could only use in the toy car area, I might be similarly unenthused. But it's not.

*I know they aren't that, but ultimately the Formula Drift cars are just "pick the body/colour/engine you like most and go sliding"

I don't get all the hate for this. It's a fun based game and that's what I play for, fun. This looks like a solid expansion and there's some decent cars in it. It should be a laugh at the very least. Immsire there will be some mad creations in Event Lab too.

As somebody who missed out on getting the previous hot wheels DLC for FH3, I will gladly get this and enjoy it. Hot wheels for me just like most is nostalgic and there seems to be a lot offered in this expansion. Too many complainers on here

Is it just me? I've just watched Mike Brown and Charlie discuss the Hot Wheels DLC in the new preview video. Were those two even in the same room? The conversation was so stilted and rehearsed it was just off putting. Never seen such a dry conversation between two people whilst trying to promote something.

Oh, and I'm a happy bunny. In the video they show what looks like a showcase event. The Vulcan bomber is back.....YES!!!!!!

Is it just me? I've just watched Mike Brown and Charlie discuss the Hot Wheels DLC in the new preview video. Were those two even in the same room? The conversation was so stilted and rehearsed it was just off putting. Never seen such a dry conversation between two people whilst trying to promote something.

Oh, and I'm a happy bunny. In the video they show what looks like a showcase event. The Vulcan bomber is back.....YES!!!!!!
It came across... rather scripted, didn't it?

Back