Forza Motorsport to Add Endurance Races Soon, AI and Penalties to be Addressed in Next Update

• Thread starter Famine
  • 13 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
I have no way of playing Forza Motorsport 8 (no Xbox and no powerful PC) but this still excites me, especially the part about multi-class and endurance races.

Curious to see if they can eventually implement multiclass in multiplayer, and how it would look like.

The way FM23 starts with an endurance race tutorial, and then has no race over 17 minutes long has bothered me for a while, I'll be happy to see that rectified. Unfortunately, with their "live" model, if they do add some good endurance races, they'll remove and replace them monthly, rather than build a collection.

Interested in the changes to racing against similar safety ratings. I assume that they just filled lobbies up until this point. If that was the case, why even have safety ratings?

Also with my current SR being tanked into B class, I wonder if I will see any difference in how people race?

Last edited:
Interested in the changes to racing against similar safety ratings. I assume that they just filled lobbies up until this point. If that was the case, why even have safety ratings?

Also with my current SR being tanked into B class, I wonder if I will see any difference in how people race?
The safety ratings were there to promote better driving, but it appears that no one gave a toss and carried on driving the way they did because they'll always get a lobby full of victims.

You should see a difference going forward because those drivers who are quick-but-dirty/griefers/don't care will all disappear into C/D/E rated lobbies and you'll be in S/A rated.

Personally, I think last 20 races for rating is too little and should be last 30 races instead.

Mentioned is a tweak to proximity radar, but we don’t have proximity radar. How can something be “tweaked” if it doesn’t even exist? 😅

Or maybe push Sony to resume working on their penalty system, which has never once (since GTsport) differentiated the difference between getting rear ended and ramming someone from behind.
As far as I can remember, they stopped actually trying to make the system work better after about the end of 2018.
Could Sophy be used as a way of marshalling incidents during and/or after races?

Now that would be a good use for Ai

Hope this will push Polyphony as well a bit to finally add endurance races to GT7.

Plot twist. They already did… Nearly 2 years ago. Human Comedy missions + spa 1 hour race.

And nearly every WTC 700 and more races involve pit stops.

What people are asking for GT7 is longer endurance races up to 24 hours real time and more races like Human Comedy

I really doubt Forza will get 24 hours races… probably those endurance races in Forza will be standard 10 laps or up to 1 hour races like in Forza 7.

Back