Fuel sim?

• Thread starter Zebrawire
  • 10 comments
United States
Florida
Hello to all. :)

When full damage is enabled, it says on the screen that......."fuel is a concern" How does this work? I don't recall seeing fuel capacity/use on telementry. :confused: Thanks.

Hello to all. :)
I don't recall seeing fuel capacity/use on telementry. :confused: Thanks.

It doesn't show in the telemetry. It's the thin white line around the analogue rev counter, about 2" long. On the Digital style gauges it's the thin white line underneath or on the side of the rev counter. Can't remember exactly :dopey:

It takes a long time to run out of fuel. We have even set up private matches and have run lap after lap after lap on Nurburgring and still never ran out of fuel.

I always turned the setting on for a larger winning percentage and felt it was kinda pointless cause you never seem to do more than 6 laps on a track. I did 30 laps testing a car but don't remember what track, possibly the 442 on Laguna Seca. That should have killed the tires and fuel in that amount of time.

That would be awesome to run out of fuel though. I always wanted to try it in GT5 but the one time it happened in b-spec, my car coaster into the pit and I couldn't cancel the pit.

The thing with the fuel is that it's a bit more real than what people are use to. It takes a while to run out of fuel in real life and the game is representing that to a fault. They should have gave options to shorten fuel/tire life. But in reality it does take a long time to kill the fuel and tires. I posted before a vid well over an hour of a racer doing the 24 Hour Nurn Race. He stopped for a "scheduled" fuel/driver change. Doesn't mean he HAD to stop.

I can't recall where but I know someone made an argument that DTM cars don't last anywhere near as long on the track as in the game. I did a little research on that fact. Not so much that they can't but .....

http://www.dtm.com/reglement_s.php?lang=en&

Sporting regulation 2011

Minimum weights

2009-spec cars: 1,050 kilograms
2008-spec cars: 1,025 kilograms
A handicap-weight system with changing placement weights isn’t used.
Mandatory pit stops

In every DTM race, every DTM driver has to come in for two mandatory pit stops to have all the four tyres changed.
Scoring system

I think the game may be a bit too real for people.

I always turned the setting on for a larger winning percentage and felt it was kinda pointless cause you never seem to do more than 6 laps on a track. I did 30 laps testing a car but don't remember what track, possibly the 442 on Laguna Seca. That should have killed the tires and fuel in that amount of time.

That would be awesome to run out of fuel though. I always wanted to try it in GT5 but the one time it happened in b-spec, my car coaster into the pit and I couldn't cancel the pit.

If you had a stock 442 there's no way it should have run out of tires and fuel in 30 laps. I mean think about it, you'd think they would sell a general public use car where you'd have to change tires and re-fuel every 40 minutes?

You are right about that TO but the 442 was being raced which isn't what the general public did. But now that I do the math my head, the fuel wouldn't have run out but I suspect should have been close. I bet in stock form, the 442 got 10MPg. Racing was half, maybe less. I say maybe 5 MPG. Not sure how long Laguana Seca is either. Maybe the car averages 2.5 laps to the gallon of gas. So would figure it would be 40 laps to run out of gas by rough guessing. Maybe a bit more. As foe racing tire wear, i canr speak in that cause i dont race IRL.

I've never played with fuel usage, but tire wear seems rather slow in this game. I don't think you can blow out your tires from overheating, either.

You can pull mega-marathon drifting sessions and barely rack up any wear on the Telemetry indicator.

I've never played with fuel usage, but tire wear seems rather slow in this game. I don't think you can blow out your tires from overheating, either.

You can pull mega-marathon drifting sessions and barely rack up any wear on the Telemetry indicator.

You can't blow your tires from overheating in the game. Probably a license thing, but they sure are inefficient as hell when you do overheat the mess outta them. You gotta wait till they cool down or else you're sliding.

I present to you guys this vid. Dude is doing well over an hour and at no point does it look like he's close to killing his tires.

You may not be able to blow them, or even ruin them flat out racing, but I was curious what it would take to ruin them so I upgraded a Cuda as far as it would go and made the rims as large as they would go, so the tires would be thinner, and put on drag tires and put all brake power to the front and 200% braking power, it took about 5 minutes to get them to 100% damage and once they were there they did not blow, but it was near impossible to steer.

Back