Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,319 comments
OMtMg5n.jpg

I did that in a pinch and it worked reasonably well, but it was very loud because I guess the ties flapped? I cut them to length because I didn't think the attached cutter could do it, nothing special otherwise and I managed to finish without a trip to the hardware store.

They picked them, I just paid for it.

My youngest was dead set on the bassoon. When we went for the instrument testing to see if they could even make a sound with the double reed, they had him try everything because some kids just can't play some instruments. He was able to play them all but stuck with the bassoon. The middle school band teacher ran out into the hallway and yelled to one of the other band teachers "we have a bassoon player!" No one wants to play the bassoon.

In hindsight, the bassoon has a great sound (especially the reall 100 year old wood one we have versus the plastic ones the school provides) and I've always been a massive sucker for the cello so it all worked out.

TB
They picked them, I just paid for it.

My youngest was dead set on the bassoon. When we went for the instrument testing to see if they could even make a sound with the double reed, they had him try everything because some kids just can't play some instruments. He was able to play them all but stuck with the bassoon. The middle school band teacher ran out into the hallway and yelled to one of the other band teachers "we have a bassoon player!" No one wants to play the bassoon.

In hindsight, the bassoon has a great sound (especially the reall 100 year old wood one we have versus the plastic ones the school provides) and I've always been a massive sucker for the cello so it all worked out.
I recall one was learning bass. What are they playing now?

Or am I misremembering?

I recall one was learning bass. What are they playing now?

Or am I misremembering?
The youngest stopped going to taekwondo and my wife said they had to pick another activity. Bass lessons were chosen. Those lasted for about two years. About the same time my oldest got his black belt (and I made it to green) and decided to stop going.

The bass player hasn't touched the bass in about 2 years now and is playing bassoon.

The cello player hasn't played in about 2 years (since they finished high school and went to college) and is planning on graduating next year with a chemistry degree.

Last edited:
TB
The youngest stopped going to taekwondo and my wife said they had to pick another activity. Bass lessons were chosen. Those lasted for about two years. About the same time my oldest got his black belt (and I made it to green) and decided to stop going.

The bass player hasn't touched the bass in about 2 years now and is playing bassoon.

The cello player hasn't played in about 2 years (since they finished high school and went to college) and is planning on graduating next year with a chemistry degree.
GIF by Giphy QA

Yeah, until that scandal at the 19?? Peruvian Open.

(Oh no, didn't mean to bring that up again.)
I still think he should have just taken a mulligan and been able to shoot another field goal.

Back