Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gamers Score a GT4 Class Victory at the 2024 Nurburgring Endurance Series

Gran Turismo World Series commentator Jimmy Broadbent and well-known GT streamer Steve “Super GT” Brown were part of a team that scored a class victory at the first event of the 2024 Nurburgring Endurance Series (Nurburgring Langstrecken-Serie, or NLS), racing a GT4-category BMW M4...

Albon with the brilliant overtake on the last lap to take the dub. Get in there.

Jokes aside, very happy for Jimothy, F4H Supper GT, and the other drivers for getting on that top step. It's been their dream as primarily video game streamers for so long and to see it happen for real is really wonderful.

Been watching these guys for a long time, great to finally see them where they belong.

Last edited:
The overtake came, remarkably, at the Wippermann corner — better known for its appearance in myriad YouTube videos as the scene of some chaotic Touristfahrten moments...
@Famine Sure you don't mean Brünnchen? Because that is the infamous YouTube corner.

Last edited:
Very impressive stuff from the fledgling team :cheers:

I'm very much looking forward to seeing them race in the flesh at the N24 next month, that's going to be some test!

Last edited:
Brilliant stuff. I'd hazard a guess that with @F4H Super GT Steve's 172mph incident, that it's not just his surname that's brown.

I've made the livery in GT7.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240410180939.jpg

Correct. Brunnchen = YouTube corner. Although the overtake did take place at Wipperman + the corner after it.
Speaking of Youtube corner - why does everyone seem to spin there?

In GT I have 0 problems with that corner, there must be something to it in real life that GT does not convey right?

In GT I have 0 problems with that corner, there must be something to it in real life that GT does not convey right?
This sums it up:

In short:
  • good overview as a spectator
  • easy to underestimate exit speed on corner 1 because downhill
  • difficult to estimate apex on corner 2 because uphill and camber
  • both contribute to people going wide or trying to correct it will see the effect of lift-off oversteer
  • and finally, because everyone knows there will be people watching, this increases the amount of show-off drivers, which increases the chances of accidents vs any other corner in which they would simly drive normal ways

Last edited:
There you go then. Calling Wippermann the YouTube corner is factually incorrect. :rolleyes:
Just because a corner appears in "myriad YouTube videos as the scene of some chaotic Touristfahrten moments" doesn't mean it's "YouTube Corner".

There's boatloads of videos at Adenauer and Aremberg too, neither of which are "YouTube Corner" either.

Right, but arguably the bigger percentage of the Touristfahrten videos were recorded at Brünnchen, so I'd say that is even better known for YouTube videos.

That's just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Right, but arguably the bigger percentage of the Touristfahrten videos were recorded at Brünnchen, so I'd say that is even better known for YouTube videos.

That's just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️
Sure, but I wasn't referring to which corner is the most well-known for TF crashes on YouTube, just to Wippermann itself - which was where the overtake began - to contextualise that corner on its own. That's why I typed what I typed and not anything else.

It catches out a lot of TF drivers both on their own (because of the gradually slowing nature of the approaching corners and the inside kerb which all the games tell them to cut) and in groups (as the camber forces well-meaning drivers allowing others to pass into the area where the passes take place, as well as homing in on the scene of the above solo accidents).

Ope, let's not call it the Nürburgring Endurance Series. They are the scabs trying to steal the racing. They raced in the Nürburgring Long Distance Series.

Just because a corner appears in "myriad YouTube videos as the scene of some chaotic Touristfahrten moments" doesn't mean it's "YouTube Corner".

There's boatloads of videos at Adenauer and Aremberg too, neither of which are "YouTube Corner" either.
He's right though. Wippermann is not the section which appears in a myriad of videos, it's Brunnchen. I think it can be agreed upon that Brunnchen is YouTube Corner DESPITE videos being filmed at Adenauer Forst too.

Wippermann is not the section which appears in a myriad of videos
Except it does. Unless all the ones I've watched, and all the ones that appear when you type "Wipperman crash" into YouTube, don't actually exist?

Except it does. Unless all the ones I've watched, and all the ones that appear when you type "Wipperman crash" into YouTube, don't actually exist?
There a decent amount of videos featuring Wippermann, but I wouldn't say a myriad like Brunnchen. Brunnchen is considered YouTube Corner because the channel AutoAddiction has filmed hundreds of clips in that section.

In my experience of driving it, it's quite a misleading corner. It doesn't look too sharp on the entry but then tightens up in the middle, more than you think. Then it also has a tricky kerb on the exit which doesn't have much grip. Combine that with the fact that a lot of Tourist laps are inexperienced drivers pushing too hard, then you have quite a lot of spins!

Back