GR Corolla not available in UK. So why did I drive one with a GR logo the other day?

• Thread starter Ryan81
  • 5 comments
Saw loads in the showroom too. The reg was 2020. Are there different specs of GR Corolla or something??
Yes. But also no.

The GR Corolla is not the same thing as a Corolla with a GR badge on it. It's a unique model, not a trim level.

Toyota UK offers the regular Corolla in a GR Sport trim, which is a FWD hybrid packing a whole 140hp.

The GR Corolla is a bespoke chassis with AWD and 296hp.

There definitely had a GR badge at the back, nice leather seats, sporty exterior. I can only assume it was GR 'line' similar to Audi's S Line range- not a full 'S' spec as such.

Yes. But also no.

The GR Corolla is not the same thing as a Corolla with a GR badge on it. It's a unique model, not a trim level.

Toyota UK offers the regular Corolla in a GR Sport trim, which is a FWD hybrid packing a whole 140hp.

The GR Corolla is a bespoke chassis with AWD and 296hp.
Thanks Famine 👍 Just as I suspected.

Toyota do GR Sport versions of most cars in they sell. It's just a sportier look for the standard model range. Like BMW do MSport, Audi S-Line and Ford do ST Line. Its not usually much more than a trim-spec.

Edit: tree'd

Last edited:
I thought the GR Yaris was the only one we got over here?
Unless they're create a "GR-Lite" trim level, like BMW's M-Sport or Audi's S-Line?

EDIT: My bad for having this as a draft posts. Late to the party! :D

Last edited:
Back