Gran Turismo 1 Videos

I decided to hitchhike onto this ancient thread since it's on-topic, hope there isn't any prob.

That one was probably made in 2004 or so. :cool: Me driving a Camaro around Trial Mountain, doing a rather sloppy job, although I think all driving in the first Gran Turismo is going to be a bit sloppy.

The very end is hilarious, for those who just want the tl;dw version.

Ah thank you Michelin Man. I am going to post one video per week I think, and here is this week's vid.

It's called Identified Flying Object. :lol: Again, at the very end is where the moment happens. Me accidentally slamming into another car, and that car gets sent off flying. It's the sort of thing we'd all share stories about in the old days, but now I have proof that it actually happened.

Hey I'm back. Here is another early video. Silly stuff. I forgot I used to do silly races like this.

Warning: there's some really BAD driving in this one! :rolleyes: Really embarrassing stuff.

Ah thank you Michelin Man. I am going to post one video per week I think, and here is this week's vid.

It's called Identified Flying Object. :lol: Again, at the very end is where the moment happens. Me accidentally slamming into another car, and that car gets sent off flying. It's the sort of thing we'd all share stories about in the old days, but now I have proof that it actually happened.

That has got to be the best thing I’ve seen in a while xD

Yeah flanylia. Like I said, I'm glad I documented a flying car!

This one is me driving an original Supra at Grand Valley reversed. It displays my typical GT1 behavior: I'd get a lead, then start practicing my drifts and slides. Eventually I'd screw up and somebody would catch up! Then I'd have to focus on "clean" driving to ensure a win.

And always, at the very end of the race, a showboating slide across the finish line.

This one is 2-player, me and a roommate named Jon. I am in the Camaro, which is rear-drive, and I think I suggested to Jon that he drive the front-drive Honda because he wasn't very experienced with racing games.

We were probably passing something back and forth in the beginning, something which is now legal in certain American states. :crazy: Hence the delayed start. Toward the middle of our "race" Jon really began having probs. So I tried to give him an opportunity at the end. :lol: Ah those were the days.

Yeah flanylia. Like I said, I'm glad I documented a flying car![...]
Hi,

Very much like flying cars too, let me please introduce some videos about this aerial point :) :

By the way, if someone ever found decent settings for the Cosmo (how the heck can you remove the horrible understeering @ high speed and the bloody lack of grip of the rear wheels outing from a turn?), I'd be glad to test...

Hey,
If I observed correctly, the only appearance of the Corvette '67 in the Gran Turismo mode is in "Trial Mountain" Spot Race, am I wrong? I mean without codes and so on.
Anyway, it would have been a pity not to have a documented replay of the 2 Vettes (the young vs the old one) running side by side I think. Here it is :)

Wow Mouc, you got that Lantis to oversteer wildly! :D Wow, look at that car fly! :lol:

Yes, the only instance of that older Corvette is during Arcade mode, unless you can Gameshark it out of there.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Lantis is not that bad I think, despite all commentaries you can read here and there. Suspension setup is hard to find, though, I admit. And it definitely needs the super-close gearbox, to me :)

New vid': "Lil' brother" Copperhead wins the GT Cup, followed by "big bro'" Viper GTS (warning: there's intentional NSX dirty bashing in there :mad: ).

4 Point-of-view "Split Screen": it's a little hard for the eyes, but it gives a good overview of the entire races, including the A.I. opponents I think :)

Thanks to Sough's video here, I took a look at the Demio LX, finally a great car in GT 1. Maybe the lightest available in game (PAL at least) ... So a special dedication to Parnelli Bone: a flying Demio :)

And: it's totally able to win the GT Cup, against NSX and Griffith and Viper and so on... Even when I drive :D

Hey!

GT Cup is quite easy fo sure, but still: a yellow duel between Honda's CR-X and NSX had to be documented!
20 bucks on the CR-X :mad:

Pink is my new obsession, Steven could sing:

Dirty overtaking @ Grand Valley: 4:46
Chasing a Viper @ DeepForest: 9:36
Annoying true sport cars @ SSR5: 11:30
Eddy once said "jump", and Trueno jumped: 16:27

That's pretty wild, how you can get 4-way screens like that. Must have taken you a lot of time. I know that simply making uploading these to YouTube without any editing can take a lot of time

Nice to see the Copperhead in action. It's been awhile.

Yeah it's a lil' bit long, but it worth it I think. GT1 replays are legendary, ain't it? :)
Longest part is to record four times the full replay, in order to change cars/point of view. Then, with "Shotcuts" (freeware), it's quite easy to edit. Another long part is to write the final movie on your hard drive, even with a good computer, the encoding time is big.
Thanks for your nice comments ;)

For Dodge Vipers fans (I'm one), some chasing between a full stock RT/10 and a GTS, both cars white striped:

Chasing Vipers @ Grand Valley: from 1:38 to 2:14
@ DeepForest: from 6:40 to 10:00 (best part of the vid' :) )
@ Special Stage R5: 11:35
@ Trial Mountain: 15:20 to 16:00

Hey,
thanks for your likes ;)

Family clash: the trusty Alcyone can also win against the Imprezza Rally Edition (okay it's not an A.I. beast in the game, but still lighter and has additional120 hp) :)

But I guess it would be a different story against the 660hpish Castrol Supra GT/R32 Skyline (or even the GT-R LM if its suspension tuning was not that bad)

0:00 High Speed Ring
2:58 Trial Mountain
7:14 Grand Valley Speedway
12:36 Special Stage R5 - Nismo GT-R LM bounces and fails 13:28
16:38 Deep Forest
20:26 Special Stage R11 - excuse me please 22:44

Hey again,

A bit childish maybe, but I like winning the GT Cup with lightweight cars, so here's one this kind: Honda CR-X Del Sol '92 aka "Chewing Gum Car" vs the GT Cup:
it has the color of a chewing gum,
it sticks onto the track like a chewing gum,
it's steering system is made out of chewing gum,
but it wins the Chewing Gum Cup.

0:00 Grand Valley Speedway
Chewing Gum Power I : 2:30 to 2:50

5:57 Deep Forest Racing Way
Chewing Gum Power II : 9:24 to 9:59

10:08 Special Stage Route 5
NSX, you should chewing-gummize your suspension : 11:19 to 11:25

14:44 Trial Mountain
Flying Chewing thing : 17:55 to 18:00

Beating the GT World Cup with a Race Modified Cosmo 20B. A handful to drive on tight corners, but quite good on fast tracks...

Megaspeed Cup videos of the day:

RT/10 without Race Mod. First race was quite hard for me.

Cosmo 20B non-RM. First race impossible to win I think. Too much understeering and peaky torque distribution.

Griffith 4.0 non-RM. Perfect car?

First video, you really pulled it together during that very last banked turn, passing on the inside! :cool: ... It's funny because in latter games (GT4, 5, 6) the AI never takes that final turn correctly. They always brake, and sometimes brake again, into this turn. No brakes are needed at all of course (well... maybe for that RT/10 they might be needed).

Which gearbox are you using at the Test Track?

Ha I also slide across the finish sometimes! I've lost races though because of sliding too early! :ouch:

TVR Griffith is really difficult to control as I recall, so good job! I remember preferring the Cerbera.

Hey thanks, Sir!

Didn't know about GT 4,5 and 6. The newest GT I have is GT 3 (just took a look at it yet 'cause I don't feel I'm done with GT 1), and it seems there's no High Speed Ring... Sad, as it's a good track to tune cars, I think :)

Yes braking (a little) is needed with the RT/10 at this track, if you want to avoid understeering in corners entrance.
I use the "racing support" tranny, for both HSR tracks and Test Course.
A "shift-early" setup for HSR I & II, and much taller ratios for Test Course. And always the "Normal" flywheel. I think it really prevents from spinning out. And you keep better speed in banked turns, by the way.

HSR I & II
1st 4.400
2nd 2.043 shifts @ 26 mph
3rd 1.397 shifts @ 57 mph
4th 1.068 shifts @ 83 mph
5th 0.868 shifts @ 110 mph
6th 0.706 shifts @ 135 mph
Final 4.70

TEST COURSE
1st 4.400
2nd 2.043 shifts @ 35 mph
3rd 1.563 shifts @ 76 mph
4th 1.173 shifts @ 99 mph
5th 0.893 shifts @ 131 mph
6th 0.693 shifts @ 173 mph
Final 3.553

May think that 1st gear is too short, but I personally can't stand burning rear tires for almost 3 secs with a "classical" setup. At least with this early-shifting 2nd gear, you reduce burning to 1 sec maximum :)

Same spirit for the Cosmo. This car is so fast @ Test Course, especially in the banked corners. Maybe the only advantage of its super-peaky power...

Yeah, the Cerbera is smoother to drive than the Griffith, but it's the one I prefer :) . By the way, I really think the Griffith 4.0 is better than the 500, thanks to wider tires. And in the "stock" form, the ratios are shorter, which gives a better acceleration on tracks.

Last edited:
Mouc you might enjoy a challenge Sub and I were looking at. Basically: Beat the game in as few dollars possible, using no prize cars. Essentially it came down to something similar of not being able to afford racing mods. Lineup was something like: FTO/Civic, Viper/Vette, GTO/Skyline (use one of each pair). Plenty challenging, especially depending on how cheap you go. Can't remember the projected totals, but I think we planned it in under 250K.

Correct, High Speed Ring is not in GT3, but it comes back in 4, 5, and 6. It looks way different in these latter games too.

I agree with using a stock flywheel for some rear-drives. Yes, you'll be slightly slower with upshifts, but there's also slightly less power getting transferred to the rear, meaning you'll have slightly better ability to transfer that power to pavement without sliding out.

With Vipers sometimes you won't need first gear at all. I seem to remember I could safely pull off the line sometimes in second! Those V10s have the torque of a sperm whale.

[...] With Vipers sometimes you won't need first gear at all. I seem to remember I could safely pull off the line sometimes in second! Those V10s have the torque of a sperm whale.
:D Right... So torqueful that you can even drive while braking, the car still goes:

Works better on flat tracks, and with "brake controller" set to minimum front & rear :)

Mouc you might enjoy a challenge Sub and I were looking at. Basically: Beat the game in as few dollars possible, using no prize cars. Essentially it came down to something similar of not being able to afford racing mods. Lineup was something like: FTO/Civic, Viper/Vette, GTO/Skyline (use one of each pair). Plenty challenging, especially depending on how cheap you go. Can't remember the projected totals, but I think we planned it in under 250K.
Great idea, I think I remember Sub & you talking about that in a Youtube streaming :) But maybe a lil'bit too much challenging for me:
I gave a few tries, I could barely win the GT World Cup against NSX/GTO/Imprezza with a 669hp/1215kg GT-R '89... ...132 400 Cr already (Muffler, computer, soft/soft tires, hard/hard stabilizers, semi-racing susp., stage 3 turbine, intercooler, and weight reduc. stage 3. And still I much missed that racing brake kit!!!)

Normal Car Cup is "almost" easy with a Vette or a GT-R '89/'91, but you can imagine how hard times it would be for me to beat the Tuned Cup and the 3 endurance races... Think I'd need at least 300 KCr to get a decent Vette & used Civic :)

"Later..."
Tuned Car Cup, All Night I & II are quite doable with the above GT-R, but I got totally killed by the NSX LM GT2 at Grand Valley 300 :boggled: .
Also realized that the Megaspeed Cup could be quite hard in a Skyline without the racing support gearbox... Stock top-speed is only 320kmh/200mph.

Last edited:
Hi,

Short vid' (screenshots actually) just to document the PS2 "Smooth Textures" option effect, that you can activate or not in the very first menu you get when you turn the console on; without any game disc in the tray. Trees, skies, kerbs and road-signs textures changes are very noticeable, for the better of it I think; but the car's body get some transparency, unfortunately.

Complete vid':

About the challenge above: my minimal Corvette to win the US vs UK costs 93650 bucks. Too expensive :boggled: .
(Racing muffler, NA Tune stage 1, Computer, Racing gearbox, H/H stabilizers, S/S tires, Semi-racing suspension, & stage 1 weight reduction)
Really got to work on my skills :mad:

Last edited:
Well I've got this video of mine laying around, figured I should throw it in here.

I have not played GT1 since not long after this was recorded due to my PC temprarily comitting scooter ankle. Unfortunately I dont remember my setup off of the top of my head.

I've heard the '95 RZ is good for 270MPH, but I was unable to achive that. Hopefully I can get back to GT1 soon.

Back