Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Remote Race FAQ

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 484 comments
Does the bspec driver career bar do not increase when your driver is online?

I has to be used and then you'll need to collect the prizecredits/XP in order to increase.
So it does increase when your driver has been used, but have to collect before you notice any difference.
Greetings stano666:)

I has to be used and then you'll need to collect the prizecredits/XP in order to increase.
So it does increase when your driver has been used, but have to collect before you notice any difference.

can xp be collected through GT webpage ?

can xp be collected through GT webpage ?

I believe you mean can you transfer xp and credits earned online to your account through the web page? No, you can't. Online is not tied to your PS3, whatever you have online, xp, credits, gifts, will stay online until you "receive" from your PS3.

All the people having problems with the European login on the gt site, just use the USA server, I've been using it from the uk for 3 or so weeks without an issue. Also if you are running the widget you will need to Chance the server setting on there to match.

Just started remote bspec and was wondering if this is a common occurrence: hosting a race that you know is over timewise but gt5 myhome page + live window report the race as ongoing.

edit: fixed it (though not entirely sure if it was my actual doing and nothing some weird quirk.) I was logging in/out and refreshing the page like mad, but to no avail. Tried clicking the GT Home link in the upper right hand corner of the home page and magically my status becomes responsive. yay?

Last edited:

XP will increase but not the career bar. In other words you can't get the air of experience trophy with b-spec alone.

So I can only host a race via the GT website? I can't just choose to start a race on the PS3, pick friends shared drivers, a course, and a car. Then send them off like an endurance race?

So I can only host a race via the GT website? I can't just choose to start a race on the PS3, pick friends shared drivers, a course, and a car. Then send them off like an endurance race?

Yes you can do 1 race at a time that way from your computer. Or you can automate the whole procedure from your computer using the Widget.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890
And if you're serious enough you could even join the grinding club to yield impressive earnings as long as you run as much as others run you.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=205794

Yes you can do 1 race at a time that way from your computer. Or you can automate the whole procedure from your computer using the Widget.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890
And if you're serious enough you could even join the grinding club to yield impressive earnings as long as you run as much as others run you.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=205794

All I want to do is host a race daily from my PS3, like a 9hr endurance race. Is that possible?

All I want to do is host a race daily from my PS3, like a 9hr endurance race. Is that possible?
Nope they don't allow you to tie up 15 other peoples AI for 9 hours as those others might want to do B-spec ofline.
you can only run 20 min races.
You can set up a race directly on a PS3

Remote racing is not there for people to scam credits its there for those who want to watch stats of a race during there 30 min lunch time while they eat....in the Japanese factory with 30 other factory workers doing the same.
Originally it had....
Cup of coffee/tea/sig break - race of 5 mins
Early morning/late break - race of 10mins,
They were removed and replaced with more 20mins races.

Or it for users that want to share the B-spec credits while their sat infront the PS3.
Helping family and friends with B-spec rewards gives people honor and increases friendships and community.

Last edited:
Can you do other things in GT5 like A Spec racing when your the host? Cause i don't want my fool driver and his foolass friends on my screen the whole time. So do you HAVE to watch the race? Or can you go away and like race yourself with him driving offscreen?

Can you do other things in GT5 like A Spec racing when your the host? Cause i don't want my fool driver and his foolass friends on my screen the whole time. So do you HAVE to watch the race? Or can you go away and like race yourself with him driving offscreen?

no, if you exit, the race ends. You have to watch it. well you don't have to watch it but you get what I mean.

Here's a question. Why's my bob so useless and finishes last when he's lvl 28 and every other bob in the room is lvl 10 or below? :odd:

Here's a question. Why's my bob so useless and finishes last when he's lvl 28 and every other bob in the room is lvl 10 or below? :odd:
In what race? Because in NASCAR the best wins, but in other races there will be random cars from a class for the drivers. So maybe the lvl 10 gets a better car.

The La Sarthe race, he always finishes 10th or below and 90% of time ends up in a 908, I've only seen the 'best' driver in the race actually win once, the other times it's been really low level AI beating drivers of lvl 30 and above.

The La Sarthe race, he always finishes 10th or below and 90% of time ends up in a 908, I've only seen the 'best' driver in the race actually win once, the other times it's been really low level AI beating drivers of lvl 30 and above.

I don't think I've ever seen the 908 win. Even the best driver needs a car s/he can actually win with.

Gday all,
I was having problems with getting the widget to work and posted a query in that thread but it seems it is something else wrong.

my original post inthe other thread
Gday all, I seem to have a problem with the widgety thingymabob.
The PS3 is logged in, server is in stand by mode.
The widget is running logged into the same account as the PS3 but nothing seems to be happening.

The TV just has a floating PS3 screensaver telling me its in server standby mode.

The widget is up on the computer saying in order
Loading race events
Reserving drivers
Starting Race
Race Ended
It takes about 30 seconds for it to run through.
It also says 1/4 drivers in use
The credits are also on the widget but they are not increasing.

Left it like this for 30min but nothing is happening.

I know the widget works as evidenced by all the posts so I just need some help in finding why it wont work for me

So I tried to start a remote race from the GT5 home site.

On the site under the community tab in the blue box it says
You are now ready to start a remote race (green light also)

I click on the blue box which takes me to the select race screen
I select a race event and the entry list window opens.

Click on my id and I can select a driver.
Click OK to add the driver and now I have 1 entry out of 16 ready to race
I can see his name and class on the list.

At the bottom of that window the start race button is not selectable (greyed out)
The only thing it lets me do now is hit the cancel button.

I've got to be missing something here ?

Never tried to do any remote racing before so I dont know what else to try.
Does it take a while before the start race button is ready to select or should that happen straight away ?

I will post this same question in the remote race FAQ thread as well as its probably not the widget causing the problem

Cheers

AHH.........................
Problem solved, thanks to the good doctorrg.

Apparently you need more than one driver (who'd have thought that)
You just cant fix stupid.

Thank you for your time

This is a great guide, it cleared some questions that I had.

I'm not sure if this was already coverd in previous posts, but I'd like to comtribuit either way...

Q: How can I pick a car and track for my B-Spec driver?
A: The events (track, cars and number of laps) are set by PD. After adding your driver selection, the cars are randomly assigned to the selected drivers. Then they race each other. It's not possible to select a car for your B-Spec driver yourself

I've noticed that from all the drivers in the same grid, the highest level driver gets the "worst" car and/or the last position on the grid, and vice-versa...the lowest level driver on that same grid gets the "best" car and/or a podium star on the grid (1st, 2nd or 3rd).

I've raced a lvl 32 Driver against 15 other drivers (all between lvl 20 and 30), and yet my lvl 32 driver kept loosing and loosing, never finishing above 10th place. However...my other driver (at that time lvl 21) raced other drivers above lvl 30 and managed to win the Nurburgring race most of the times (in 10 races only 2 of wasn't able to finish 1st) with either an Alpine or a Mazda 11S.

Hope I made myself clear enough, and that some one with more time than me can comfort this, because I've been doing this ever since I started my remote races, and it has always worked, I select higher lvl drivers up-against my mid-level driver...of course, if you try and fill the grid with lvl 40 drivers your mid-level driver doesn't stand a chance lol

Just one more thing...it might be a glitch, but one of my friends in GT5 has managed to get 7 B-Spec drivers, how the heck is that possible? I thought 6 was the limit. Is it a glitch, or some kind of unlock reward?

Last edited:
I've noticed that from all the drivers in the same grid, the highest level driver gets the "worst" car and/or the last position on the grid, and vice-versa...the lowest level driver on that same grid gets the "best" car and/or a podium star on the grid (1st, 2nd or 3rd).

Speaking from my experience (and it's... umm, well, let's say I've done a few races :D) this seems to be entirely random, and driver level seems to have no influence on what car you get. Over long periods, it seems to balance itself out. And yes, I've seen some of my best drivers in the best cars for 10 races in a row.

Speaking from my experience (and it's... umm, well, let's say I've done a few races :D) this seems to be entirely random, and driver level seems to have no influence on what car you get. Over long periods, it seems to balance itself out. And yes, I've seen some of my best drivers in the best cars for 10 races in a row.

Then I must have a great deal of luck with these B-Spec races, currently as I'm typing this post, my lvl 32 driver is racing in Le Mans with a NissanR92CP, against a full grid of lvl 40 drivers, driving cars like BMW V12, Mazda 787B, Peugeot 908, Audi R8/R10, Pescarolo C60, etc...all great cars, and all prooved their grounds in Le Mans, but the 'lil Nissan seams to be making it's way to the top...oh wait! He just finished 2nd against a Minolta lol didn't saw that coming!

What about having 7 B-Spec drivers? Has anyone ever seen such a thing?

What about having 7 B-Spec drivers? Has anyone ever seen such a thing?
7, only 7 pa, Try having 15 drivers in the same race.
The Driver duplication glitch is nothing new and is repeatable.
original

Take a photo from your PC.
Normaly its still the driver duplication giltch after retiring a driver. lag to the server does not delete him (I just did not want to lose My level 40 drivers. So showed what happens)
Is their another driver level lower level less than b-spec level 23 normaly with only a few races . When that User Reloads his drivers on GT remote racing the old driver will be erased the new driver will remain.

Back