Gran Turismo 7’s Invitation System Is Broken: Here’s How We’d Fix It

• Thread starter Famine
  • 111 comments
When we were given all invitations for a month it felt like PD were acknowledging that they realised the system was flawed. I've found it strange that they've done nothing since then, especially as newer players didn't benefit from the free invitation month.

There's many many ways the system could be changed, and probably all ideas are better than sticking it behind a random number generator (with very small odds in your favour).

Seems like an easy fix and would be a quick win for PD.

PD could do something similar by requiring players to share, say, at least five photos of Ford models with the #ford hashtag and earning 50 likes/reposts/comments on them before they could be invited to buy the GT
As much I subscribe to the ideas showing how we could be invited to get some elusive Ferrari, I don't subscribe to this "social" way of getting an invite for Ford. Share 5 photos, ok, get 50 likes/reposts/comments ? I fail to see how the millions of players could get 50 likes/reposts/comments on their 5 photos.

But I am glad to see an official GTPlanet news on the topic. It gives me a tiny hope that PD will react.

As far as partial stats goes, on my 288 tickets logged so far, I've had 14 invites :
Pagani3
Ferrari3
Porsche2
Bugatti2
Citroën2
Aston Martin1
Lamborghini1

Face it, this is just a way of artificially extending the life of the game... I hate this practices. They are forcing you to do stuff instead of genuinely created worthy content for us to come back. But it has been done soooo so so badly that even the MTX don't make sense or don't apply to everything. So it's astonishing how badly designed all of this "live service" stupidity has been implemented. They are missing out on people who could actually pay for good content, but they also chose not to charge for worthy things. It just doesn't make any sense. Too much pot for these guys.

These are good ideas and i hope they will implement them in some way in their next title, as I also find the idea itself good, but not the execution that much.

When we were given all invitations for a month it felt like PD were acknowledging that they realised the system was flawed. I've found it strange that they've done nothing since then, especially as newer players didn't benefit from the free invitation month.
Unfortunately, some of us were unable to grind fast enough to grab all of them before time ran out.

It was nice that they gave everyone all the invites for a month, but for a lot of players - those who were still new to the game especially - obtaining the credits for all those cars would have been a big challenge. I think many players had the experience of getting a whole bunch of invites early on when they didn't yet have access to the big(ish) money races and were unable to grind up the funds. Happened to me actually...

The issuing of invite-only tickets as a reward for the weeklies is something I've suggested in several threads on the subject over on reddit the past couple months. It would help ease the invite issue while at the same time giving some relevance to the weeklies...

Last edited:

There's many many ways the system could be changed, and probably all ideas are better than sticking it behind a random number generator (with very small odds in your favour).

Seems like an easy fix and would be a quick win for PD.
And when they were gifted, that was before the TTs that pay really well, and I am pretty sure it was before PD started paying us out for CEs. So making enough money in this cheap-ass Scrooge of a game to buy all the invite cars before the tickets expired after a month was a task in itself.

I'd reckon a lot of the people who did get all the invites were only able to buy a few of those cars anyway. Difficult to quantify, but call it a hunch.

It is important to point out the shortcomings of the invitations. Over and over again. The problem is that the group of people who complain about it is statistically getting smaller and smaller and therefore quieter. I notice that myself. I was just lucky (without having experienced the glitch).
So I think it's very good that the Planet is now addressing this.

Thank you for that!

As a slight counterpoint to the 3.2% return in the article, I've had this before...

1714417172317.png

... and that was in a month when I only completed the marathon two thirds of the time...

1714417356297.png

As a slight counterpoint to the 3.2% return in the article, I've had this before...

View attachment 1351392

... and that was in a month when I only completed the marathon two thirds of the time...

View attachment 1351394
I would argue that after the Spec 2 update, there was an increase in invitation frequency. I feel like I get them more often than before that update even though I no longer need them except for Ferrari(!) on my alt-alt account now.

I have no data to back it up, just a feeling.....

Personally, I'd prefer invitations being given out after completing Licenses or Missions. It would give me a reason to actually use those game modes, because the credit rewards and free cars aren't really that enticing to me. If I'm going to spend my time trying to get gold on the licensing tests, I'd like something a little more unique than credits or cars that I can practically buy at any time.

Face it, this is just a way of artificially extending the life of the game...
For me, I feel that online TTs and Weeklies are good enough to extend the life of the game, and if I ever feel bored, I still have all CEs to gold (not even mentionning missions). Enough for a lifetime.
Unfortunately, some of us were unable to grind fast enough to grab all of them before time ran out.
Or were not even playing anymore (burned out by previous grind and status of the game at the time)

I can't speak for anyone else but I seem to get at least one invitation a month. The problem is I mainly get just Bugatti invitations. That said an invite ticket would be great and it would easy for PD to implement to alleviate this issue somewhat

As I've said many times before* (possibly only to myself), the invitation system in GT7 is a paradoxically unrewarding grind mechanism that is (I would like to believe) antithetical to Polyphony Digital's central ethos of making real dreams become digitally true.

It's also a hugely frustrating waste of time that many users (especially those with work and family commitments) simply don't have enough of to persist with, and as such the incredible artistry and unparalleled beauty of PD's consistent and wonderful commitment to making Gran Turismo the game for virtual car collection and admiration is just... wasted. Why turn the greatest assets in the game into a net loss, or turn people away from the game?

Very glad to see a main article on this issue - and I hope PD can do something to fix it.

Last edited:
I've had 2 accounts I've gotten to level 50, with over 30k miles on each. I've NEVER gotten an Aston Martin invite. But I've gotten 5 Pagani, 6 Ferrari, and 3 Citroen in my newest account. WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY VULCAN?! I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT

Last edited:
Hope you all like the subtle ghost cars in the image :lol:
As much I subscribe to the ideas showing how we could be invited to get some elusive Ferrari, I don't subscribe to this "social" way of getting an invite for Ford. Share 5 photos, ok, get 50 likes/reposts/comments ? I fail to see how the millions of players could get 50 likes/reposts/comments on their 5 photos.
They're just numbers I made up - and I didn't limit it to 50 engagements on exactly five photos. The idea is post at least five #ford photos and get at least 50 engagements on #ford photos.

It's not unreasonable in either case, but they're just example figures. It simulates the whole thing with the Ford GT's owner requirements.

I also thought they could implement a virtual version of "rich folk get what they want" and offer an x-million credit Invitation buy-in, but it'd only make sense for brands with multiple invite cars (Aston, Ferrari), or one very expensive one (Lamborghini). Paying 2m (for example) to get access to the Citroen GT by Citroen would seem counterproductive.

I'd say just scrap the system all together. Admit it's a failure and get rid of it.

There's enough elitism in GT7 as it is without withholding content from people through arbitrary means. Basically, the only obstacle from acquiring a car in a video game should be your virtual game wallet.

You know it’s funny that I skipped the Citroen Gt when the invites were given out for that month because I had already driven it in previous games and used my available credits for other vehicles. Of course I haven’t got another Citroen ticket since and I only have to collect that one to complete all the Brand Central cars 😭 still need to collect 4 $20 million legends though so far from total completion…

Hear, hear, @Famine. On the Plus account since late-June 2022 (when the current set of odds for the ticket mechanism were set with the release of the 1.17 update), of the 338 workout 4-star tickets (right on expectations, plus 8 guaranteed) and 33 workout 5-star tickets (nearly 6 more than expected, plus 18 guaranteed), I got a mere 34 invitations, just more than 2 fewer than expected against the expected ticket haul (and a bit closer to 3 fewer than expected against the actual ticket haul). They were actually scattered between all 7 manufacturers, though rather unevenly in both manufacturers and time:
  • 3 Aston Martin invites, the last on 2/2/2024 (and also the last invite overall)
  • 3 Bugatti invites, the last on 12/2/2023
  • 8 Citroen invites, the last on 11/20/2023
  • 3 Ferrari invites, the last on 9/9/2023
  • 3 Lamborghini invites, the last on 11/19/2023 (and the first on 8/25/2023)
  • 6 Pagani invites, the last on 9/18/2023 (and 2 in 3 days in January 2023, both off 4-star workout tickets)
  • 8 Porsche invites, the last on 1/27/2024

When we were given all invitations for a month it felt like PD were acknowledging that they realised the system was flawed.
What was flawed, in PD's view, was the invitation tickets were expiring well before the 1-month window.
I'd say just scrap the system all together. Admit it's a failure and get rid of it.

There's enough elitism in GT7 as it is without withholding content from people through arbitrary means. Basically, the only obstacle from acquiring a car in a video game should be your virtual game wallet.
Ring-a-ding-ding.

Last edited:
And when they were gifted, that was before the TTs that pay really well, and I am pretty sure it was before PD started paying us out for CEs. So making enough money in this cheap-ass Scrooge of a game to buy all the invite cars before the tickets expired after a month was a task in itself.

I'd reckon a lot of the people who did get all the invites were only able to buy a few of those cars anyway. Difficult to quantify, but call it a hunch.
That's correct about the TT's but the credit rewards for the Circuit Experiences was introduced in the update before the free invitations were given out. All the invite cars cost just under 21 million credits and the CE rewards total over 40 million credits, so it was doable if you put your mind to it (which I did as I recognised the scarcity of invitations so just wanted to get them out of the way).

Last edited:
I agree to an extent - but I'd go much further: all cars and tracks in all games should be available all the time, in arcade mode, and for tuning and painting. I want 50 Ferrari 250 GTO liveries made by the community's creators on day one, without an absurd three-month wait and 20m credit buy in - for people who may not be interested in the actual driving (and money earning, and grinding) part of it at all, but for the love of cars.

On the flip side, GT has this long-held position as an educational tool for the automotive universe, and the Invitation system mimics a part of that... just not in its current form. For that, and the whole car-collecting aspect of the game, a rework of the Invitation system to better reflect it, and create a sense of achievement and attachment to your collection - as well as injecting a little fun into it with ideas like the Ford way.

There is, and should be, room for both in the same game at the same time. It'd be how I'd design one.

View attachment 1351392

View attachment 1351394
That's all I get, once I hit a like two invitations, it's nothing but the same. I have 499 out of 500 cars, i'm only missing 3, the enzo ferrari, fxx-k and the buggati veyron. I only have gotten one ferrari ticket two years ago(August of 22) when I barely got my console and of course at the time I only had money for Laferrari.

I've gotten all the others BUT a Bugatti invite. Like never ever. When I got this game they barely patched the glitch and therefore was late for it.

my most common ones are always porsche's and aston martins.

It's not even about extending the play for this game because technically we can do without this cars, it's only for the completionist personalities who benefit. But I still want to drive the enzo, just because.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent - but I'd go much further: all cars and tracks in all games should be available all the time, in arcade mode, and for tuning and painting. I want 50 Ferrari 250 GTO liveries made by the community's creators on day one, without an absurd three-month wait and 20m credit buy in - for people who may not be interested in the actual driving (and money earning, and grinding) part of it at all, but for the love of cars.

On the flip side, GT has this long-held position as an educational tool for the automotive universe, and the Invitation system mimics a part of that... just not in its current form. For that, and the whole car-collecting aspect of the game, a rework of the Invitation system to better reflect it, and create a sense of achievement and attachment to your collection - as well as injecting a little fun into it with ideas like the Ford way.

There is, and should be, room for both in the same game at the same time. It'd be how I'd design one.
One thing to add to your proposal - once one acquires an invite-only car, one no longer needs an invite to get a second (or third, or...) copy of that car.

You know it’s funny that I skipped the Citroen Gt when the invites were given out for that month because I had already driven it in previous games and used my available credits for other vehicles. Of course I haven’t got another Citroen ticket since and I only have to collect that one to complete all the Brand Central cars 😭 still need to collect 4 $20 million legends though so far from total completion…
I'm telling you right now you WILL get the $80,000,000 in cars BEFORE you will get another citroen invite.

Great article, let's hope PD gonna take some notes. I mentioned this before in similar topic, but situation doesn't change: it's now almost 2 years since I've started playing, and from the very beginning out of all invitation cars I was only interested in the Ferrari trio, but to this day I still never got a single Ferrari invite. I'm usually only being able to play during weekends, so the odds of never being able to own Enzo, LaFerrari and FXX seem extremly high. At this point it seems like the game is just intentionally trolling me. Surely I could just grind daily routine on SSRX with Tomahawk every day, but this sounds like a good way to get tired of playing this game, and even then, the chances of obtaining the invite are still very very far from guranteed.

I personally really like the concept of exclusive cars, back in a day it was actually very interesting to do the required tasks to earn some unique yellow Ford Mustang in TDU, and it's kinda crazy how a 2006 game implemented a very similar idea so much better.

Last edited:
As if I just managed to get a Ferrari FXX K from a 6* ticket (car) from weekly challenges - I already have one too.

I feel sorry for those who haven’t had a Ferrari invite - the system in my opinion is heavily flawed.

What I think PD could do with invitation's:
  • Make weekly challenges have an invite only ticket every 2/3 weeks
  • Make certain championships reward invite tickets/choice of random invites
  • Reward invites for player loyalty of some kind
  • Perhaps have one or two available for purchase of some kind every week at a reasonable price
  • Or best of all - remove the system entirely!!

Back