Gran Turismo 7’s Invitation System Is Broken: Here’s How We’d Fix It

• Thread starter Famine
  • 111 comments
I absolutely would like to voice my support here, the invitation system is BS. I don't mind that it's there at all (I could take it or leave it), but having to rely on random chance is an obvious misstep.

If it were up to me, it would be much simpler: simply buy a certain amount of cars from a particular manufacturer, and you automatically get the invite. Far more reasonable. Buy up all the Porsches in Brand Showcase, for example, and as a reward you get the CGT invite. Simple, but doable.

Anything over what is done now.

I absolutely would like to voice my support here, the invitation system is BS. I don't mind that it's there at all (I could take it or leave it), but having to rely on random chance is an obvious misstep.

If it were up to me, it would be much simpler: simply buy a certain amount of cars from a particular manufacturer, and you automatically get the invite. Far more reasonable. Buy up all the Porsches in Brand Showcase, for example, and as a reward you get the CGT invite. Simple, but doable.

Anything over what is done now.
PD should defo not do what Porsche were doing in real life with its customers and scamming them into buyin new cars for the slot of a GT3 RS, that was daylight robbery and there was still no allotment or guarantee. Shameful business practice.

Sports Car GIF by FaZe Clan
Dangling the preverbrial GT3 carrot for any poor sod!

The Invite system should be simplfied, complete the all GOLD in Track CE's or Master Licence tests and you get a Random brand invite. So overall you complete a gold, get credits of like 1mill and a possible invite for your dream car.

Last edited:
I don't know how people are tracking their invites, but from what I remember I've gotten one for the CGT four or more times, and invites for the Veyron many times as well. I don't know that I've ever gotten one for the LaFerrari, and I was actually surprised when I went to the new menu because I genuinely forgot the LaFerrari was in the game and would have bought it a long time ago if I ever saw an invite for it!

As much I subscribe to the ideas showing how we could be invited to get some elusive Ferrari, I don't subscribe to this "social" way of getting an invite for Ford. Share 5 photos, ok, get 50 likes/reposts/comments ? I fail to see how the millions of players could get 50 likes/reposts/comments on their 5 photos.

But I am glad to see an official GTPlanet news on the topic. It gives me a tiny hope that PD will react.

As far as partial stats goes, on my 288 tickets logged so far, I've had 14 invites :
Pagani3
Ferrari3
Porsche2
Bugatti2
Citroën2
Aston Martin1
Lamborghini1
Holy cow I may have just realized that the only time I got a Lamborghini invite may have been when there was the glitch "compensation" and since then not a single time. The Venemo being the only one I don't have purchased...
But I wasn't i hurry because I had bad memories from GTS regarding that odd car...
Anyway it may become my unicorn this time around...

Remember that I bragged not so long ago that I received a FKX from a 5 or 6 stars daily ticket. ( already at bought one by the time).
Damned in retrospect that was quite the day.

If we could gift or trade cars between friends( as we once could for a certain value/range price) it would be for the better regarding suppressing the invite system altogether or not...

Edit: the 6 stars ticket was from Nissan collection extra menu book in January and not from a daily marathon, I found my old post...

Last edited:
That's correct about the TT's but the credit rewards for the Circuit Experiences was introduced in the update before the free invitations were given out. All the invite cars cost just under 21 million credits and the CE rewards total over 40 million credits, so it was doable if you put your mind to it (which I did as I recognised the scarcity of invitations so just wanted to get them out of the way).
Fair enough. Probably why I had most of them before the tickets expired. :dopey:

The only ones I recall needing after the tickets expired was the Citroen and Bugatti. I got lucky enough to win the Citroen outright. The Bugatti invite took a while so I definitely feel some of the pain of waiting it out. Not only waiting, but keeping $X million in the bank just in case. Granted, the latter two examples took six+ months to happen... which after reading some of y'alls posts is nothing.

Anyway, regarding the article, I enjoyed it. Kinda caught me off guard in it coming out but the timing makes sense due to the new cafe. Thankfully, I already owned all the cars so the fact any car is hidden behind a luck-wall (so to speak) didn't really dawn on me. Agreed that it is insanely stupid. The sad part is, it doesn't even surprise me that PD did it. It's always something with those clowns.

Last edited:
Big changes surely wouldn’t come until the next game so I’d suggest a simple change — don’t give duplicate invites if the player has bought the car(s). Trivial to change but I’d doubt we’d be fortunate enough to even get that.

Big changes surely wouldn’t come until the next game so I’d suggest a simple change — don’t give duplicate invites if the player has bought the car(s). Trivial to change but I’d doubt we’d be fortunate enough to even get that.
Even better I guess invitation don't expire once obtained so you can buy any duplicate you want/need.
Invite obtained throught specific challenge proposed by the manufacturer in the next installament of GT.
Just an idea

GT7 Roulette will not move until end of servers IMO
Îve made my mind

Last edited:
There are so many ways of making a car feel special to earn without relying on pure dumb luck, this is just one of those PD logic that is great in idea but epic fail in execution.

• Tie invites to car collector XP level. Once you reach certain level you get the invite permanently.
  • Have you buy enough cars from the brand to earn loyalty points (similar to Famine's idea) and once you reach enough points you unlock the invite.
  • Sign up with the manufacturer for GTWS and you unlock the invite for the period of the season.
  • Bring back Manufacturer Cup races - win and you get the car as prize reward.
  • Bring back randomised prizes from winning championships. In older games you have a choice of 3-4 cars, now you have a choice of invites. It's still luck but much better odds.
  • Better still scrap the idea entirely and just have every car purchasable new from the dealership like in GT6. All cars available at any time, with 0 miles, and you can choose the colour instead of waiting who knows how long for the colour you want in UCD/LCD.

Last edited:
Honestly they could do away with the mechanic. It's no wonder that new high-end hypercars introduced in updates, such as (in order): the Porsche 918 Spyder, Bugatti Chiron and Aston Martin Valkyrie, don't need any invitations at all.

Or if anything, the invitations can be permanent, but you must meet certain requirements before you can attain them, such as:

Aston Martin - Have at least Cr. 5,000,000 worth of garage assets from Aston Martin.

Bugatti - Reach 400km/h on at least ten cars.

Citroen - Win 10 races each with the GT by Citroen Race Car (Gr. 3) and GT by Citroen Gr. 4, a total of 20 races.

Ferrari - Have at least Cr. 20,000,000 worth of garage assets from Ferrari.

Lamborghini - Own at least one car from the Countach, Diablo, Murcielago and Aventador model families.

Pagani - Win 10 races with the Zonda R.

Porsche - Own at least one model from every Porsche 911 generation (901, 930, 964, 993, 996, 997, 991 and 992).

Last edited:
Why can’t set a mileage system to sell those invitations. Won’t bother if one ticket costs hundreds of thousands of miles’ driving… At least you know you could get one someday.

The way I would tackle this issue is to have very difficult one-make events in the dealership and rewarding you with the unlock of these exclusive vehicles (not the cars themseves). If that is not enough they could add some requirements like collector level and ownership of other cars from the brand but still, ownership should depend on skill not luck.

I would try to solve it like that:
One championship per manufacturer invite; 5 races and you have to finish at least in 3 of them on the podium.
The championship could be limited to that brand and maybe specific models with bop.

That way some of the underrated cars could be put to use, there is a challenge (yay no "boring" gr3 races :D) for everyone, it's focused on a brand (menu with a narrative?) and you get the invite you want/need.

Very good article and I couldn't agree more. There were so many ways to make the invitation system more interesting and good, instead PD picked this lazy way to do it that was probably the worst way to do it.

I was lucky and managed to acquire all the invitation cars in less than one year. However, keep in mind I logged in every day and collected the Daily Workout ticket. If I got an invitation I didn't need, I'd save it for a possible re-roll after an update. Saw it work once.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Invitation System Is Broken: Here’s How We’d Fix It

The recent Gran Turismo 7 update 1.46 has again thrown a spotlight onto one of the game’s least-loved mechanisms, which we think is long overdue an overhaul: Invitations...
The only invite I never got is the one for the Lamborghini Veneno and I will collect all cars bought by invitation. Hopefully I get it in the comming days

The only invite I never got is the one for the Lamborghini Veneno and I will collect all cars bought by invitation. Hopefully I get it in the comming days
Got that particular one this month, and I've been waiting for it since day one. Good luck !

I think the best way would be special events like missions with one time „permanent invitation” reward. Those missions would start in given car and special conditions. Like Pagani Zonda R one male race, some Ferrari events etc etc, maybe even Time trials.

The LCD and UCD can just go into a dumpster and be lit on fire. GT6 and Sport were better for having abandoned that archaic anti-player design.
Or they could redesign it where the Used and Legend car dealerships have all cars available to purchase brand new and on demand, similar to Brand Central (with the ability to select any colors and liveries), and an option to buy them used for a lower resale value.

Obviously buying one brand new will cost more credits. Another is that they should bring back the in-game days system instead of having everything revolve around real time so that it's more offline-friendly.

This could also mean renaming the Used Car Dealership to Retro Cars. In a way, it would be like NFS Porsche Unleashed where cars are sorted by era (Modern, Retro, Legendary).

You also have to remember that GT Sport had something like this, in the form of Mileage Exchange, with the safety cars and "homologation specials". Now that GT Sport is offline, you can never get these cars ever again there.

Back