Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,161 comments
GT7 really is a great game in the franchise.
20970483131063081.jpg
20970004860487008.jpg
20970122798647258.jpg
20969890371960157.jpg
20970608293549292.jpg
20970533807467361.jpg
20970192657122214.jpg
20970823308195863.jpg
20970737465026097.jpg
20970371410655502.jpg
20970384925555903.jpg

20969997382012017.jpg

After thirty minutes of racing. 10x fuel/13x tyre wear, heavy damage, starting P20. Eight of the nine 911s grabbed the top eight spots, the pole sitting Chevelle placed P8, I finished P14 after battling the #53 Chevelle for P12 due to our pit stops.

All cars performed great. Even the GT-Rs. Hard to pass with their braking and corner exit speed. I’m going to drop the 4-cylinder in one and see how low I can detune the power.

Setting up the cars close to Project Cars 2 Vintage Touring A & B specs. Biggest problem are the grid size. We absolutely need 30+ grid slots.

Hey custom race fans! I've been working on something I thought was pretty cool and wanted to see what people thought.

This page basically takes the templates of all of GT4's race events, and generates a track and length, car for you to use, and custom race grid to set up to emulate the race in GT7 as authentically as it can (given the difference in track and car rosters). It only works for about 300 cars at the minute, and some of those don't have Scapes yet, but even in this beta stage I've found it pretty fun, so thought I'd put it out there.

Sorry for Double Post,
Made now a run with the grid and to be honest I expected the race much worser.
Here are the results
  • The Ford Mark IV has some problems on Standing Starts which completely nerf it for the rest of the race :(
  • The Porsche 904 was a little bit faster than the other cars, but sometimes the Alfa TZ2 can still be in contention
  • By completely nerfing the 2J, I saw that in some races it can went from 10th to 1st, but at the end of the lap it's just 2 secs front of the other Prototypes,
and in some others it can't even take the win:eek:
  • The GT40 was keeping up the pace with the other prototypes
  • The E-type was a little bit slower in the first part, but catched the group in the last few sectors
  • My car, with a little of adjustments, was going at the same pace as the TZ2, Corvette and E-type

Bonus:
- The 595 was incredibly slow :lol:
Did you try out the Miura ?

I have a similar grid, and the Miura is on par with the GT40 Mark I and the Alpine A220, the three of them being a class of their own in that grid...(but no Mk IVs , XJ13s and 33O P4s since I use the cars on their stock tyres/no racing tyres in this grid)

While I was making a trip with my family I thought about creating a sedan race. Just not sure if I want to use the more modern vehicles or the DTM cars. DTM should be easy with the Bimmers, Benz’s, Sierras and the 155s. For the modern I guess the Mazda Aztenza, Crown, Alfa, maybe a defined Charger. I will need to check the specs and see if I can create a competitive field. Any other suggestions for the modern sedans?

Did you try out the Miura ?

I have a similar grid, and the Miura is on par with the GT40 Mark I and the Alpine A220, the three of them being a class of their own in that grid...(but no Mk IVs , XJ13s and 33O P4s since I use the cars on their stock tyres/no racing tyres in this grid)
Probably I can use a Miura, because the grid changes race by race.
I have to define the races and the circuits

Last edited:
@SM_Marti
I solved the issue of the slow standing start from the GT40 Mk IV, just by installing a manual gearbox without any setting (it goes from 4 to 5 gears). But it raises an other one, car's fuel economy is even worse now compared to the Ferrari.

I'm considering to turn off fuel consumption and only keep tire degradation..

Had to do the same for the Camaros. It’s a daggone 2.2 ratio for first gear when most other cars are 2.5-3.0+ Shame we still can’t adjust the four speed transmissions. Or at least a four speed transmission option for vintage cars.

kjb
While I was making a trip with my family I thought about creating a sedan race. Just not sure if I want to use the more modern vehicles or the DTM cars. DTM should be easy with the Bimmers, Benz’s, Sierras and the 155s. For the modern I guess the Mazda Aztenza, Crown, Alfa, maybe a defined Charger. I will need to check the specs and see if I can create a competitive field. Any other suggestions for the modern sedans?
Speaking of Sport Sedans

I mean you could use the V8 E30 & V8 190 E. Maybe Atenza Gr.3 road car and RX-8 with 787B, Evo Gr.B road car with NISMO V6?

Really wish we had a few four door BMWs.

Damn... I totally forgot about the Shelby GT350 for my 1967 Le Mans grid. Also, even if we don't have Lotus featured in GT7, I still managed to do this so the GT350 ans the C2 won't be too lonely :

Yorkshire Dales_.jpeg
MK type 47 - Lotus Team Elite #44

So I'm up with this for now :
  • Ford GT Mk IV #1 / Shelby American Inc.
  • Ford GT Mk IV #2 / Shelby American Inc.
  • Ford GT Mk IV #3 / Holman & Moody
  • Ford GT Mk IV #4 / Holman & Moody
  • Ferrari 330 SP #19 / SpA Ferrari SEFAC
  • Ferrari 330 SP #20 / SpA Ferrari SEFAC
  • Ferrari 330 SP #21 / SpA Ferrari SEFAC
  • Ferrari 330 SP #24 / Équipe Nationale Belge
  • Porsche 917k (Chaparral 2F) #7 / Chaparral Cars Inc.
  • Porsche 917k (Chaparral 2F) #8 / Chaparral Cars Inc.

• Ford GT40 #16 / Ford France SA
  • Ford GT 40 #18 / Scuderia Filipinetti
  • Ford GT 40 #62 / John Wyer Automotive Engineering
  • Alpine A220 (Alpine A210) #45 / Société des Automobiles Alpine
  • Alpine A220 (Alpine A210) #46 / Société des Automobiles Alpine
  • Alpine A220 (Alpine A210) #48 / Écurie Savin Calberson
  • Alpine A220 (Alpine A210) #49 / Écurie Savin Calberson
  • Shelby GT350 #17 / Claude Dubois
  • Chevrolet Corvette C2 #9 / Dana Chevrolet Inc.
  • Porsche 904/4 (Lotus MK Type 47) #44 / Lotus Team Elite

So I tested my LM 1967 grid today, just to try to evaluate which level of boost I should go with. The race setup was the same every time, except for the boost of course. Note that damage were set on heavy which can explain some chaotic results here and there.

I drove the #48 Alpine which is not here to win the whole thing but to fight in the middle with the Ford GT40. I was driving with the Fuel Map set on 5, since I was on par with the AI like this on my first round of tests (very frustrating in straight lines that being said).

Race 1 : boost OFF
Boost_Off.png

Race 2 : boost WEAK
Boost_Weak.png

Race 3 : boost STRONG
Boost_Strong.png

Race 1 and 3 were basically the same, except I was quickly in the lead with Boost Off, when I had to fight more to reach the top spot with Boost Strong.

At first glance, although I drove with Fuel Map 5, the weak boost seems to be the best choice for the AI to run at a realistic pace. At first only... Look what comes next :

Race 4 : Boost WEAK, with a stock Porsche 917K to fight for the lead from the start.
Boost_Weak_917K.png

So... Can you feel the matrix?

The Matrix Movie GIF by Tech Noir

This was my first serious attempt at a custom race grid. 10 laps at Dragon Trail Seaside. Not historically accurate to any particular series, just an assortment of 1980's/1990's Group A style cars built to 650PP. It was quite a bit of fun!

There were Ford Sierras in the grid, but they had severe mechanical problems. They drove like half the spark plugs were missing. :lol: Also in the grid were the '88 Supra, the '90 Silvia, and the AE86 Corolla (you can see it in the background, left side of photo).

This mode has a ton of potential. I hope PD can flesh it out a bit more - improved payouts, ability to build multi-race championships, ability to share race grid configurations with other users, and figure out the whole one livery per car problem.
4275ee662fa77f0bbde778cc6f099222_photo.webp

Last edited:
This is my favourite thread on here and has reignited my love of this game.

I have built 2 fields of proper Gr3 cars with wonderful genuine liveries from 2011-2019 and plan on running World Endurance style events at Le Mans, Spa, Nurburgring, Suzuka and Daytona to represent the 24 hour / 1,000km races of the era and maybe some shorter ones at Brands, Interlagos, Fuji and Monza to represent the 4 / 6 hour races.

Before I spend hours racing at a track I was keen to check what the best set ups for race conditions are nowadays...

Mainly does the weak boost, weak slip-stream combination still provide the best racing? I'll be starting 10-15th in most races and am not worried about credits so as long as I have a lot of fun I don't need to win. I want a proper challenge.

If I put changeable weather in, do I need to fit each car with IM and Wet's or will they just have access to them without me spending 50k per car?

On a similar note, I read that the cars will often switch to RS after a spell on Inters... do I need to buy them for all the cars too?

And as an aside, is BoPing the race a good idea? The Gr.3's I am using have a range of 709 - 740pp as standard and I will be driving a 458.

Cannot wait to have the house to myself for a day with no kids trying to kick me off to play Fortnite and no list of jobs to do from my wife!

This is my favourite thread on here and has reignited my love of this game.

I have built 2 fields of proper Gr3 cars with wonderful genuine liveries from 2011-2019 and plan on running World Endurance style events at Le Mans, Spa, Nurburgring, Suzuka and Daytona to represent the 24 hour / 1,000km races of the era and maybe some shorter ones at Brands, Interlagos, Fuji and Monza to represent the 4 / 6 hour races.

Before I spend hours racing at a track I was keen to check what the best set ups for race conditions are nowadays...

Mainly does the weak boost, weak slip-stream combination still provide the best racing? I'll be starting 10-15th in most races and am not worried about credits so as long as I have a lot of fun I don't need to win. I want a proper challenge.

If I put changeable weather in, do I need to fit each car with IM and Wet's or will they just have access to them without me spending 50k per car?

On a similar note, I read that the cars will often switch to RS after a spell on Inters... do I need to buy them for all the cars too?

And as an aside, is BoPing the race a good idea? The Gr.3's I am using have a range of 709 - 740pp as standard and I will be driving a 458.

Cannot wait to have the house to myself for a day with no kids trying to kick me off to play Fortnite and no list of jobs to do from my wife!
Just try race settings and see how you go to have your own fun. You’ll see what works for the grids you create. How cars perform in various starting positions.

I find Boost Weak and Slipstream to Real ideal for my races.
You only need to buy RS, IW and Wets for the race car(s) you are driving. The AI race cars will have tyres assigned to the conditions. Yes, after wet conditions, the AI will switch to RS on a drying track.
Road cars are different. Many have different treaded compounds. Depends if you are fine with varying grip between different makes of cars. You can choose to fit all your garage cars with RH to provide all cars with even level of grip. It’s the only compound the programming doesn’t remove when assigning your garage cars to AI.

Gr.3 BoP is fine. You can also manually tune the Gr.3 cars to their BoP so that you may run a car you have built with BoP off.

So I intended to do a little work on the randomiser to add a few more cars and whatnot. And then I kept having ideas, and just sort of kept going all day. Then I took about 700 versions of the same Scape.

The end result? I'm proud to present the full v1.0 release of the Gran Turismo 7 Legacy Event Randomiser!

Features include:
  • 95% event coverage for all previous games in the series (except GT2): Basically, if it's not a one-make we don't have a car for, an endurance named for a track we don't have, or a pre-Sport rally event, you can probably generate it. GT2 isn't available yet - it having changing entry requirements across the same event is a unique challenge I need to figure out the best solution for. But all of GT1, GT3-6, and GT Sport are now supported.
  • Full support for all custom race-compatible cars: It won't generate an EV or the Himedic, and it won't generate the kart outside of the one specific GT6 kart one-make. But all of the other ~485 cars are in the pool and can be selected for events they fit the criteria for.
  • Both random and specific event selection available: Want a random event from the series' history? Want to pick a very specific event? Both options are now covered. The event selection is broken up by area so you can easily find, say, GT4 regional events at a glance.
  • Faithful mode: I originally envisaged this as "what if GT7 had events from previous games?". But I realised you could also look at it as "what if previous GTs had GT7's physics engine and grid size?". For that use case, I added faithful mode, a mode where if you generate, say, the GT Sport Roadster race, it'll only use the Roadsters that were in GT Sport (in that case the NA and ND S models but not the ND NR-A). Note that this can cause events to not generate if there aren't any cars from that game to use.
  • Multiple liveries, sometimes: This is limited by my credit balance and willingness to take Scapes over and over, as well as UCD/LCD rotations, but it makes races like the GT4 Copen Race or the kart one-make look nicer when the pictures aren't monochrome.
  • A small car information page for each car: It shows the information that is used to determine eligibility, so that you can see why, for example, certain surprising cars make it into the various Compact Car Series. Also, you can click between liveries, which I find strangely fun.
I hope people find it fun!

Known issues:
  • Track maps don't show for any track that doesn't currently have a World Circuits event. Sorry about that, I just don't have a way of making them. Nurburgring 24h is a notable one, since I couldn't avoid using it as it's in GT5 and GT6.

So I intended to do a little work on the randomiser to add a few more cars and whatnot. And then I kept having ideas, and just sort of kept going all day. Then I took about 700 versions of the same Scape.

The end result? I'm proud to present the full v1.0 release of the Gran Turismo 7 Legacy Event Randomiser!

Features include:
  • 95% event coverage for all previous games in the series (except GT2): Basically, if it's not a one-make we don't have a car for, an endurance named for a track we don't have, or a pre-Sport rally event, you can probably generate it. GT2 isn't available yet - it having changing entry requirements across the same event is a unique challenge I need to figure out the best solution for. But all of GT1, GT3-6, and GT Sport are now supported.
  • Full support for all custom race-compatible cars: It won't generate an EV or the Himedic, and it won't generate the kart outside of the one specific GT6 kart one-make. But all of the other ~485 cars are in the pool and can be selected for events they fit the criteria for.
  • Both random and specific event selection available: Want a random event from the series' history? Want to pick a very specific event? Both options are now covered. The event selection is broken up by area so you can easily find, say, GT4 regional events at a glance.
  • Faithful mode: I originally envisaged this as "what if GT7 had events from previous games?". But I realised you could also look at it as "what if previous GTs had GT7's physics engine and grid size?". For that use case, I added faithful mode, a mode where if you generate, say, the GT Sport Roadster race, it'll only use the Roadsters that were in GT Sport (in that case the NA and ND S models but not the ND NR-A). Note that this can cause events to not generate if there aren't any cars from that game to use.
  • Multiple liveries, sometimes: This is limited by my credit balance and willingness to take Scapes over and over, as well as UCD/LCD rotations, but it makes races like the GT4 Copen Race or the kart one-make look nicer when the pictures aren't monochrome.
  • A small car information page for each car: It shows the information that is used to determine eligibility, so that you can see why, for example, certain surprising cars make it into the various Compact Car Series. Also, you can click between liveries, which I find strangely fun.

Known issues:
  • Track maps don't show for any track that doesn't currently have a World Circuits event. Sorry about that, I just don't have a way of making them. Nurburgring 24h is a notable one, since I couldn't avoid using it as it's in GT5 and GT6.
That is amazing! There must have been a lot of work go into that but it looks great!

Features include:

Known issues:

So cool, so helpful, so wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

If anyone else is planning a nostalgia cruise and wants an excel starter, I am keeping track on my phone with this spreadsheet.

IMG_5264.jpeg

Attachments

• GT3 Remake.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This tyre rules are quite complicated and can get confusing...the cars will start with their default tyres(unless you use cars from your garage for your custom race and you put them on RHs, then they will start with RHs)...so if the default tyres for gr2 cars are RMs they will start with RMs...

But if you use gr2 cars from your garage in your custom race and you equip them with RHs, they will start with RHs, but change back to RMs after a (dry) pit stop.

So if you want cars with the same tyres in a custom grid, you have two options: only use cars that come with same default tyres in that grid or use cars from your garage for that grid and put them all on RHs before selecting them for the grid.
But all the cars I use are from my garage. Every single one of them, but for some reason the gr2 ones always start with RM, regardless of being equipped with RHs. I got that they race with RM because its their default tire, so I tried to change the rest of the grid (mostly road cars „converted” to race) to RM so all the cars race with same tires but nop...these cars always start with RHs, so its always the same problem: cant downgrade gr2 to RH and cant upgrade the rest to RM. I spent a lot of time effort and credits building this grid but I simply cant have fun this way

Back