Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,563 comments
Sorry if I missed it but what does (!) (!!) (!!!) in the list on the first page mean?

EDIT: found it

Last edited:
LN4
This is bound to be unpopular, but the LS V8s have been done completely to death imo. Swaps are great but some more variety would be better.
LS swaps being overdone is FAR from being a hot take. Large swaths of the car community dislike them.

For that, the next update will feature all 2JZ swaps; the next will be VR38DETTs; then another bunch of 787bs, and finally all RB26DETTs.

Joking aside, the past several updates have been rounds of swaps featuring one engine. I suppose that's easier for the devs to organize, but it feels stale from a player's perspective initially. It gets better when we begin testing and tuning each one, though.

Side Note: We need more truly cursed swaps - as in rotaries / the Audi Group B rally engine for all the muscle cars :mischievous:

The LS swaps are just so user-friendly in the real world. I’ve seen an LS in a Corvair. Had a built Powerglide trans. Torque everywhere with a mild tune. A Subaru swap into a 914-6 would be fantastic.
This is my favorite Corvair swap from back in the 70's.
1714201876430.png

Okay, I double checked my garage and I only have ~35 cars left to do swaps on. Half of those cars are not in the LCD or UCD right now, so they will take a bit of time to acquire. The other half are for cars that I don't have that much interest in swapping. LFA motor in the Executive Lounge? C'mon. A bunch of Mazda and Toyota swaps too. I've probably spent 30M credits on swaps recently. I have to say, not many of them are amazing swaps. At least they really aren't any faster on the Tokyo 600 race. A couple GT-R's have been good for Le Mans (R92CP engine in the Nur GT-R is pretty good).

Latest Posts

Back