Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,447 comments
Given that pretty much every update follows the same pattern, it’s all on you (and the other complainers) for hyping up the FREE monthly updates.

There is plenty of use for all cars in the game - it’s called custom races! There is also the livery editor and also scapes which you can use any car in. Yes I know the livery editor and scapes aren’t racing, but some people on here spend an absolute age creating masterpiece liveries and then showcase them with beautiful photos!
It's only called, they aren't races.

Talking about free, how many "free time" costs a custom grid made of 330Ps, 917Ks, GT MkIVs and so on for, let say, an hour long "race"?

Except for the fact that custom races as a mode is broken! I am sick of hearing this as an excuse for the lack of content.
I don’t see it as an excuse. It’s more of a “Just move along.” We know there are lack of content and lack of imagination on PD’s part. It’s fifty fifty of reading the complaints about it and reading about players recommending the custom race feature.

The circle will continue through the life of this game. Unless PD do bring endurance races(might still be complaining even after that).

On another topic, I see 3 old Civics all Special Picks in the UCD, any reason for that? Some Japanese special event I assume?

How? I use it every day and don’t see anything broken about it?

1. Their performance is also completely random where 1 minute they will be lapping with the player and sometimes pulling away. The next they desice to slow right down and run with what looks like 70% throttle.
2. Because of this if the player is ahead of the AI, their handles are manipulated to affect their performance to the point where all of a sudden they are performing impossible lap times.
3. AI cars cannot be fitted with anything other than stock tyres to a car. This then means that Pit strategies cannot be created.
4. AI will speed up and slow down depending on where the player is in relation to them. Again this makes it impissoble to create races with strategy.
5. There is no way to select a mandatory tyre compound like in lobbies.

I could go on... Don't get me wrong, the mode has its place in the game, I myself use it when doing testing and practice for league races, but it is a far cry to say it is a sufficient substitute for a proper career mode.

1. Their performance is also completely random where 1 minute they will be lapping with the player and sometimes pulling away. The next they desice to slow right down and run with what looks like 70% throttle.
2. Because of this if the player is ahead of the AI, their handles are manipulated to affect their performance to the point where all of a sudden they are performing impossible lap times.
3. AI cars cannot be fitted with anything other than stock tyres to a car. This then means that Pit strategies cannot be created.
4. AI will speed up and slow down depending on where the player is in relation to them. Again this makes it impissoble to create races with strategy.
5. There is no way to select a mandatory tyre compound like in lobbies.

I could go on... Don't get me wrong, the mode has its place in the game, I myself use it when doing testing and practice for league races, but it is a far cry to say it is a sufficient substitute for a proper career mode.
3) isn't true, if you tune a road car and put it on racing hard tires (and I'm told it MUST be racing hards for this to work) they will default to racing hards instead and stay on them throughout the race.

1), 2) and 4) can be fixed to an extent, by setting boost to "Weak". It doesn't completely fix the problem as cars will still get slightly faster once you're ahead, but it does prevent them from artificially slowing down when you're behind.

Skoda VGT looks very competitive. Tried the new VGT event, it was way in front of every other car and I feared for a moment to not be able to catch it. In the end it finished 2nd, 5s behind me and more than 20s in front of 3rd.

Last edited:
3) isn't true, if you tune a road car and put it on racing hard tires (and I'm told it MUST be racing hards for this to work) they will default to racing hards instead and stay on them throughout the race.

1), 2) and 4) can be fixed to an extent, by setting boost to "Weak". It doesn't completely fix the problem as cars will still get slightly faster once you're ahead, but it does prevent them from artificially slowing down when you're behind.
3 ) And what if I wan't road cars with normal tires? Also, AI will switch to soft tires after a shower.

1-2-4) Weak boost does not prevent AI from slowing down to let you go ahead, far from that. Boost "off" or "strong" either.

I'm as big a defender of GT7 as anyone but clearly custom races are not right, it's the most disappointing mode in the game for me.

Picked up 2m for the KTM time trial, this will buy me many Chevelles.

giphy (1).gif

1-2-4) Weak boost does not prevent AI from slowing down to let you go ahead, far from that. Boost "off" or "strong" either.
No, the AI slowing down is only part of the issue. Their starts will get changed mid race on the fly. I have seen an increase of over 30km/h at red line of 5th gear from the AI in order to speed up as well as unexplained BHP increases and performances on RH tyres that is quicker than that of RS.
3 ) Also, AI will switch to soft tires after a shower.
This is an exception to the issue not a fix however.

What's the reward for the new Ferrari menu?
Six-star roulette ticket. From there I got Cr. 1,000,000 which was enough to buy the Škoda VGT.

Speaking of the Škoda VGT, it's quite impressive, but one complaint that I have with it would be its brakes. It also feels quite understeery as well, and sometimes, coming out of corners, there's just too much wheelspin which could easily kill the tires.

Last edited:
Custom races is a bit flawed, but the features is great, like customziable grids gt7 is currently one of the few modern racing games to feature it, i love this feature, forza had it in fm4 but after that it not been in forza franshise, was very excited when pd said we could do this before the game come out,
But my favorite feature for gt7 is proably how much impact upgrade parts can do to the sound of the car, also that basicly every road cars exhaust changes when you upgrade them i hope this is something thats even more in depth when we get gt8, vr to all that is also a nice touch👌

I don't mean this in a bad way, and my limited english doesn't help, but I get the frustration on single player, or VGTs.... Until you try PSVR2.

Then the whole game becomes a different thing. You WANT to check those VGTs. Every track has its place...

I wouldn't be playing GT7 by now If not for PsVR2. Take it as you will. And I'm a 44y old player which has played GT since the beginning.

PsVR2 truly is game changer. There's no other way to put it.

I don't mean this in a bad way, and my limited english doesn't help, but I get the frustration on single player, or VGTs.... Until you try PSVR2.

Then the whole game becomes a different thing. You WANT to check those VGTs. Every track has its place...

I wouldn't be playing GT7 by now If not for PsVR2. Take it as you will. And I'm a 44y old player which has played GT since the beginning.

PsVR2 truly is game changer. There's no other way to put it.
You are 100% correct - unfortunately (and understandably) the cost is prohibitive for some, which is a real shame.

Last edited:
You are 100% correct - unfortunately (and understandably) the cost is prohibitive for some, which is a real shame.
It´s as you say. 100%
I live in Argentina. You can´t imagine how hard it was to get a 2nd hand headset here and then burn savings to try and buy it. And yes, just for GT7. I really love the game. And it pains seeing to much negativity when there´s an experience like no other (console at least) just a "headset away".
Some VGT´s on VR are mind blowing.... but on flat they are just "nothing". Even more when ppl only drive on "cheat cam" ....I really get it.

Last edited:
The circle will continue through the life of this game. Unless PD do bring endurance races(might still be complaining even after that).
Emphasis is mine.

Given the fact we see the tons of complaints for a free update - as in it costs zero dollars/yen/euros/credits to the player - people will complain. Even if there were somehow a perfect update to satisfy everyone, folks would complain "WHY DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN SOONER?"
Custom races can be great fun for testing car performance, but for competitive and intriguing races.... Not so much.
I respectfully disagree. Here's what I do for my Spa race.

1) I make a custom grid from my garage. Some cars have been upgraded, other's haven't. For bonus points I also give them names - the engine swapped MR2 is driven by S. N-Tuned while the Aston One-77 is driven by J. Bond. Some of the cars include the Porsche GT (driven by P. Walker) a modified Demon SRT (D. Toretto) a 918 Spyder (B. Koeing from the book "Bleeding of the Heart") and so on. Tire choice is based on what they have on while they're in my garage. A pace car that had SH tires became a thing to deal with when I gave it RH tires.

2) I set the weather to random, 12 laps, x4 fuel and x2 tire wear. Punch up the difficulty to professional.

3) Save the settings.

4) Car choice is key. If you go at this with a Group 4 car, it's pretty worthless. I use a swapped Pantera with a widebody and full body kit with my Row-Your-Own gear setup. I drive it with SM tires normally.

I never have the fastest car on the grid; I have to figure out how to make up time in the corners or on fuel . . . often both. Belinda is quick in that 918 and is a problem!

TL;DR version: Use a weaker car, tune some cars in your garage and tweak your settings to make it competitive for you.

Granted, this is just my opinion. I hope this helps.

Is VR any good with a controller? I don’t wanna litter my living room with a rig that I only use occasionally.
Emphasis is mine.

Given the fact we see the tons of complaints for a free update - as in it costs zero dollars/yen/euros/credits to the player - people will complain. Even if there were somehow a perfect update to satisfy everyone, folks would complain "WHY DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN SOONER?"

I respectfully disagree. Here's what I do for my Spa race.

1) I make a custom grid from my garage. Some cars have been upgraded, other's haven't. For bonus points I also give them names - the engine swapped MR2 is driven by S. N-Tuned while the Aston One-77 is driven by J. Bond. Some of the cars include the Porsche GT (driven by P. Walker) a modified Demon SRT (D. Toretto) a 918 Spyder (B. Koeing from the book "Bleeding of the Heart") and so on. Tire choice is based on what they have on while they're in my garage. A pace car that had SH tires became a thing to deal with when I gave it RH tires.

2) I set the weather to random, 12 laps, x4 fuel and x2 tire wear. Punch up the difficulty to professional.

3) Save the settings.

4) Car choice is key. If you go at this with a Group 4 car, it's pretty worthless. I use a swapped Pantera with a widebody and full body kit with my Row-Your-Own gear setup. I drive it with SM tires normally.

I never have the fastest car on the grid; I have to figure out how to make up time in the corners or on fuel . . . often both. Belinda is quick in that 918 and is a problem!

TL;DR version: Use a weaker car, tune some cars in your garage and tweak your settings to make it competitive for you.

Granted, this is just my opinion. I hope this helps.
Well, the way I see it, the problem with the AI is not necessarily that it’s slow, but that the behaviour is very weird and irrational. This is the case with Sophy as well, but to a lesser extent.

Last edited:
Is VR any good with a controller? I don’t wanna litter my living room with a rig that I only use occasionally.
Can't see why it won't be. I don't look at my controller when playing. (And neither if I put my PSVR 1). So if I have the opportunity to try PSVR2 and GT7 and like the combo, I'd probably buy a PSVR2. (Bonus : you need less shenanigans to plug it than PSVR1 on a PS5, starting with the ugly cam on top of the TV screen)

Back