Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

So, since we'll receive the Toyota GT-One in the next update... And that car is quite similar in shapes to the first Bentley Exp Speed 8 (2001)... Well, livery creators, do your things :D

After a long time away from making/sharing liveries, I'm back with this.

Kenwood Porsche 911 RSR, based on a concept by Blackfish Graphics.

20830094315106865.jpg

20829708056645353.jpg
20829267185171029.jpg
20829563546680808.jpg

More pics and download link in my gallery, here.

Pennzoil Nissan GT500 Suzuka 1000km 'Skyline 30th Anniversary'

A 1 out of 2 What-Ifs of Nismo for the non-championship round of Suzuka 1000km in 1999. For the real race they brought a N1-Class skyline, but for the then 30th Anniversary of the GT-R first win, what if they brought their then-new GT500 racer to run the event, with the driver's champ Erik Comas, partners Satoshi Motoyama and Ralph Firman.

027569038b8afc3c48e2ad8150453646_photo.webp

1f63224799e4cd5a9230a9c34eb9e29e_photo.webp

61bb10351d4f961661ed3726c3a64eb4_photo.webp

47bfac38e9b602c800bde4b47bc27f58_photo.webp

5491d527354dc901dbb93dacd5803a9a_photo.webp

e60eb1a982055a53d51f591f5d8d8a02_photo.webp

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble with paint on the new GT One? When I'm in GT Auto it appears fine, but when I look at it in the garage or on track, the hood and the sides of the tail have no paint and appear white. Weird!

Last edited:

All American Racers Toyota GT-One ALMS 1999

The GT-One was never meant for customer hands, but since one of their main competitors in BMW is competing in the like of Sebring, Le Mans, and Petit Le Mans, Toyota put a program through one of their prominent North American Teams All American Racers of (Eagle MK III fame) to see what it could do early on. With Castrol sponsorship of course. Drivers Are Alex Barron (USA), Andrea Montermini (ITA), and Raul Boesel (BRA)

eed2a9e5284401e61cdb99eadae701ed_photo.webp

7ebb5ade8d5b3a9b7e3000cee2ec6e1d_photo.webp

112f431f068724d5588495c925db46e0_photo.webp

991e01a230ac127912d02c9fd8a268f8_photo.webp

478f522fe302871c695aedc19b813f98_photo.webp

Last edited:
Loving this update so far!

de778f05d2ae8065cafa041fc73f1ab8_photo.webp
Many people did liveries for the '98 cars, but in the end I chose yours to be applied on my three GT-Ones. Thank you for making these. :)

Just a small suggestion, I think you used the (smaller) air intakes below the headlights from the '99 cars. I haven't tried yet if those can be changed in GT Auto, if a livery can't be edited...

Many people did liveries for the '98 cars, but in the end I chose yours to be applied on my three GT-Ones. Thank you for making these. :)

Just a small suggestion, I think you used the (smaller) air intakes below the headlights from the '99 cars. I haven't tried yet if those can be changed in GT Auto, if a livery can't be edited...
Thank you, I'm honored :)

I have not checked if the car has any aero/part mods, but you should be able to change them even if the livery editing is locked. Sorry for making it not editable, force of habit as I upload stuff, not exactly cool on my part. :/

Noob/beginner question here: When I apply decals, how can I stop them bending? For example, a stripe decal bends to the outside of the car. Still haven't figured it out since GT Sport :lol:

Thank you, I'm honored :)

I have not checked if the car has any aero/part mods, but you should be able to change them even if the livery editing is locked. Sorry for making it not editable, force of habit as I upload stuff, not exactly cool on my part. :/
No worries, that's alright. The liveries are good as they are (thanks to them, I could even squeeze another 0.050 seconds out of the Fuji time trial) and I could remove the air restrictor below the headlights just fine in GT Auto.

Thanks again. 😃

I think there's a fit to surface and fit to camera option. Try that.
I think I played around with Align With Surface/Camera, if that's what you mean. Still have the same problem unfortunately.
If it makes a difference, I am trying to apply these decals to the hood.

I think I played around with Align With Surface/Camera, if that's what you mean. Still have the same problem unfortunately.
Try setting the camera at a different angle before laying the decal. For the hood, use Birds Eye from directly above.

Life Huff said. Always choose the camera that shows the part of the car you will be applying the decal. Don't just turn the car around. You can also adjust the angle and depth of the decal. This avoids the decal going around the surface you want to apply. Similarl to cropping.

looking for any tips or advice

When making a livery on a car that has complex aero, I’m really struggling with finding the edges. For example, I was trying to make a Livery on a the Nissan R92CP that has that boxy frame, but anything I put near the top of the left side bleeds over the top and makes an ugly edge / unfinished edge

I’ve tried using limiting depth, angle and changing to camera / surface but it doesn’t seem precise

Secondly, when applying a stripe along the side of a car. Is there a way I can just apply that line flat around the car? As when it gets to the back and the front of the car it curls up following the shape of the car. Any advice for these ? Thanks!

Been working on a Kodak livery for the R92 as I enjoy doing my own custom multi class races offline and making custom liveries creates a good narrative for me which I enjoy but I’m really put off by the complex geometry of the cars!

Also - If I set a cars suspension settings to equal ride height - will that help getting my decals to be applied parallel to the bottom skirts? Or do all cars naturally have different tilts to them? Thanks

looking for any tips or advice

When making a livery on a car that has complex aero, I’m really struggling with finding the edges. For example, I was trying to make a Livery on a the Nissan R92CP that has that boxy frame, but anything I put near the top of the left side bleeds over the top and makes an ugly edge / unfinished edge

I’ve tried using limiting depth, angle and changing to camera / surface but it doesn’t seem precise

Secondly, when applying a stripe along the side of a car. Is there a way I can just apply that line flat around the car? As when it gets to the back and the front of the car it curls up following the shape of the car. Any advice for these ? Thanks!

Been working on a Kodak livery for the R92 as I enjoy doing my own custom multi class races offline and making custom liveries creates a good narrative for me which I enjoy but I’m really put off by the complex geometry of the cars!

Also - If I set a cars suspension settings to equal ride height - will that help getting my decals to be applied parallel to the bottom skirts? Or do all cars naturally have different tilts to them? Thanks
Sounds like you need to experiment with camera angles when you're placing your decals. What I would suggest is to manipulate the view using the camera until you get to an angle where the decal will either project a straight line or avoid bleeding over the edges. Then change the projection mode to camera (not body shape) and you'll find the decals warp according to your camera angle. I use this a lot when a straight decal needs to bend, for example on the nose of a car, by adjusting the angle of the view until the panel looks like it's "flat" in the view, then changing the projection mode. You'd then need to adjust the proportion of the decal as it stretches, and may need to change the depth, but I find this is the most accurate way to achieve what you're after.

Does that make sense??

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back