Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.46 Will Add the Skoda Vision GT, Sony's Afeela, & a Classic Chevelle

• Thread starter Famine
  • 301 comments
I’m late to the party on the Afeela, but wow it’s more akin to a phone than a car, so much entertainment packed in there! It has PS5 remote play, movies, augmented reality modes, interior themes, 360 audio with vibrating seats.. I can only hope PD does something exciting with the driving experience.

Also I find it cool how they are able to release a car from the past, present and the “future” I’m excited to give each vehicle plenty of seat time in VR! One more sleep 😆

So I guess it’ll be available in red as well?
So this is even more complicated, but the red car isn't actually the same car...

That's the original "Vision GT" concept from 2022 (which I think bears "Vision iV" branding on the forged carbon panels behind the front wheels) and it's slightly different underneath. While both cars have pushrod suspension, the new VGT has inboard dampers running fore-aft, while the old one has them directly mounted to the rocker arms and running near-off. You really need to be looking to see this though, as with all the other subtle changes.

2022:

1714003654417.png

2024:
1714003629510.png

It also looks like that scale model - 3D-printed in several pieces by Skoda back in 2022 - is the only physical representation of either car.

I wouldn't expect it to be available in red as standard, as they only specifically mention two colours (even if one of the images looks like a totally different green).

The Chevelle SS reminds me that GT6 had premium quality Nova SS. I wonder if that’s ever coming back.
GT6 also had an El Camino SS 396, with a 2-speed iirc, it was a blast! Lots of other one-off appearances (so far) there, like the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale, 5th gen Mustang Boss 302 and Shelby GT500, Premium Cizeta V16T, moon rover...

Stoked to see San Diego will now be in curated scapes. Can’t wait to see the locations they chose 😎

Car Prices:
  • AFEELA Prototype 2024 - Free
  • Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Sport Coupé '70 - 163,000 Cr.
  • Škoda Vision Gran Turismo - 1,000,000 Cr.

Events:

Vision Gran Turismo Trophy
  • Grand Valley - Highway 1 - 5 laps, 80,000 Cr.
American FR Challenge 550
  • Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse - 3 laps, 56,000 Cr.
Japanese Clubman Cup 550
  • Alsace Village Reverse - 3 laps, 60,000 Cr.

Extra Menu Prizes:
  • Ferrari 12-Cylinder Engines: 6-star Roulette Ticket

GT6 also had an El Camino SS 396, with a 2-speed iirc, it was a blast! Lots of other one-off appearances (so far) there, like the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale, 5th gen Mustang Boss 302 and Shelby GT500, Premium Cizeta V16T, moon rover...
Maybe for the next update, PD will introduce Cizeta with A CIzeta VGT ;) 🤔

I'm not going to to complain about VGT's in general - they have their rightful place in the game, but is it just me or do more and more VGT's fall into a very narrow type of car these days? Without starting to count, haven't we seen this time and time again - the 1000hp, spider kind of (non-)variety? It's all become a bit bland by now and not very innovative anymore.

Wow, I'll be done with that in fifteen minutes. What's in the next update, three two lap races at Northern Isle and an extra menu featuring cars with four wheels?
Here's a thought for extra menus: add in one more pickup truck and then you have enough for an extra menu. Anyone down for a Lobo, a Cyclone, or a Commanche?

Last edited:
Wow, I'll be done with that in fifteen minutes. What's in the next update, three two lap races at Northern Isle and an extra menu featuring cars with four wheels?
Here's a thought for extra menus: add in one more pickup truck and then you have enough for an extra menu. Anyone down for a Lobo, a Cyclone, or a Commanche?
I'd rather a '71 Chevy C10 than any of those. But I might be biased on that since it was the vehicle I learned to drive in.

Last edited:
Honestly disappointed by the update. The Skoda VGT was fine, but not entirely useful for endurance events as it has abysmal range. The Chevelle was only included merely to soften the blow. The Afeela? Meh. Doesn't appeal much to me.

The new engine swap options are also subpar. It's as if PD only cared for drift and/or top speed builds. For me, I want an engine swap that improves the overall experience of the car. The previous update's Evo engine swaps were much better, in my opinion.

Well, another month to go for the next update.

Back