Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.46 Will Add the Skoda Vision GT, Sony's Afeela, & a Classic Chevelle

• Thread starter Famine
  • 305 comments
I guess everyone is looking for something different. Have driven the other two and probably won’t unless I have to, but I’m loving the Chevelle. Just makes me want more muscle cars. Missing about 20 of them haha

Am I crazy or does GT Auto actually make the Chevelle less wide when buying the Widebody option? It's cool that it removes the vinyl top though.

After trying them all

- Chevelle is nice, no complaints there. Solid price, looks good, cool interior etc.

- Afeela.... I expected more for a car made by Sony in GT7. It's just kind of non-funcfional and boring? It at least drives better than a Tesla so 🤷

- Skoda VGT, I hate the UI with this one that can't be disabled no matter the settings. It's just a much worse version of the MFD but right in the middle of the screen. Is it better in VR maybe? If not, it's the worst VGT car that has an interior imo. Oh well.

Edit: and no pics of La Jolla in the San Diego scapes made me sad. 🦭

Last edited:
I still find the name of the Sony Honda EV quite bothersome.

Ah fee fee fee fee... doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Anyone think there will be a GT sport 2 in between gt7 and gt8? Or am I the only one with a tinfoil hat?
I very much hope not.

GT Sport provided them with a base, GT7 should be the new foundation going forward. Just add more tracks + vehicles + sp stuff + quality of life stuff and I'm happy.

I have managed to not be a moaner (despite the best efforts of PD along the way), but that Skoda has just triggered me. I admit to never buying into the Vision / Concept cars at all to begin with. I just cannot work out why I should be excited about "driving" something that is not measurably real. You can take a Ferrari 488 out on track and recreate the power / weight / rotation etc in the game, and PD does this to great effect. But the VGT cars are just made up and look like they have been designed by my 12 year old boy.

But this Skoda, with its EV acceleration combined with the worst brakes in the game, is just so unappealing to drive. All that design effort from PD, all that programming and rendering, for what? If only they put that effort into releasing some of the newer GT3 cars, a 488 GT3 for instance instead of a 2013 edition 458, or the Le Mans winning Ferrari. Make it make sense!

Anyone think there will be a GT sport 2 in between gt7 and gt8? Or am I the only one with a tinfoil hat?
Black Widow Avengers GIF

Yeah, I can attest to VGT's unpopularity. No joke 50+% of lobby rooms that aren't dedicated to class racing will have "No VGT" in the name or will specify street cars only to filter them out. If it's not in the name, you may still be kicked out for using even a sensible one anyway, which is what has happened to me. Kinda still salty about that ngl

Kinda still baffles me how strongly people feel about these cars though. Sometimes it seems it's more so than the glaring problems in other, more important areas.
I believe the lobby-specific sentiment was towards the Tomahawk X and Chaparral 2X primarily.

Yeah, I can attest to VGT's unpopularity. No joke 50+% of lobby rooms that aren't dedicated to class racing will have "No VGT" in the name or will specify street cars only to filter them out. If it's not in the name, you may still be kicked out for using even a sensible one anyway, which is what has happened to me. Kinda still salty about that ngl

Kinda still baffles me how strongly people feel about these cars though. Sometimes it seems it's more so than the glaring problems in other, more important areas.
It happens on the "paddock" lobbies too; was on the 'Ring with a '20 Corvette C8 tune to 800PP, and going over 200mph on the last straight I passed with a loooot of room to spare a slower car who then wrote on the chat "Those tomahawk drivers are toxic!" And there was no Tomahawk on that lobby so, yeah...

Updates are not supposed to have lasting power. The whole point is to grow the game seamlessly.
To me, growing the game is giving an update that breathes new life into the game. Tracks do that in my opinion. I remember when Watkins dropped and Road Atlanta, my time invested in the game racing went up. If they want to grow the game, they’d make tune sharing quick and easy as well. But I stand by my opinion that a track adds longevity to an update as it takes a bit to learn and perfect the track, the more tracks you have the less you wear other tracks out. Although Lake Louise was a bit of a disappointment for me, but that’s more of a rally track that a race circuit.

To me, growing the game is giving an update that breathes new life into the game. Tracks do that in my opinion. I remember when Watkins dropped and Road Atlanta, my time invested in the game racing went up. If they want to grow the game, they’d make tune sharing quick and easy as well. But I stand by my opinion that a track adds longevity to an update as it takes a bit to learn and perfect the track, the more tracks you have the less you wear other tracks out. Although Lake Louise was a bit of a disappointment for me, but that’s more of a rally track that a race circuit.
I cannot relate. No doubt that bigger updates leave more to explore initially, but the novelty of anything will expire eventually. So novelty doesn’t really matter. It’s only a temporary high like some sort of drug. The cars and tracks that were added to the game back in 2022 are no less fun now than they were back then.

Earlier you mentioned that the Chevelle was interesting for a bit, but now it’s just another car in the mix. That’s because you were infatuated with it being fresh content to explore more than really appreciating it for what it is. The same goes for circuits.

It’s kind of like travelling to see the same waterfall everyday but in a different car versus travelling to see different water falls everyday but in the same car. Which would you rather do? Keep in mind you can take your favourite car to see the different waterfalls.

I like experiencing new tracks. Road Atlanta still seems fairly fresh to me. Watkins is getting a little worn out but if I leave it a bit it’ll come back, hadn’t raced Sardegna for months, did a race on it last night, felt like a new track. Yes I could avoid the chevelle or whatever car for months on end but to me it’s not the same as avoiding a track then coming back to it. The experience driving different cars feels more closely related then driving different tracks.

I have managed to not be a moaner (despite the best efforts of PD along the way), but that Skoda has just triggered me. I admit to never buying into the Vision / Concept cars at all to begin with. I just cannot work out why I should be excited about "driving" something that is not measurably real. You can take a Ferrari 488 out on track and recreate the power / weight / rotation etc in the game, and PD does this to great effect. But the VGT cars are just made up and look like they have been designed by my 12 year old boy.

But this Skoda, with its EV acceleration combined with the worst brakes in the game, is just so unappealing to drive. All that design effort from PD, all that programming and rendering, for what? If only they put that effort into releasing some of the newer GT3 cars, a 488 GT3 for instance instead of a 2013 edition 458, or the Le Mans winning Ferrari. Make it make sense!
I have been intrigued by concept cars and a lot of futuristic tech from a very young age. This allowed me to be far more open-minded and excited about the VGT project. When hearing the manufacturers tell the story of their VGT creations, you learn that many of them take the project quite seriously and treat it similarly to how they design their production and track vehicles. It allows them time and resources to flesh out an idea with more creative freedom and less risk of financial and mechanical failure. What you only see as "something designed by my 12-year-old boy" is something a professional designer sees as their ultimate childhood dream. It creates complex problems to be solved and ideas born in the project that eventually are greenlit to begin production and testing. Some of those ideas have moved far beyond VGT to become very real and very measurable.

Knowing how some of the world's best car manufacturers treat the VGT project, any post moaning about the project reads like the rant of a grumpy Old man fighting against Father time. As soon as I picture the grumpy Old man yelling "Get off my lawn," I think of the times I spent on YouTube looking at the view counts on NBA Youngboy's videos and trying to make it make sense. I realized that I too can be a grumpy Old Man because NBA Youngboy will never make sense to me. So even though I don't relate to your viewpoint personally, I understand it from a higher level.

Knowing how some of the world's best car manufacturers treat the VGT project, any post moaning about the project reads like the rant of a grumpy Old man fighting against Father time.
Guilty as charged!

On a serious note, I do appreciate your point and see some merit.

My main issue is on the whole, I have found them incredibly unappealing to drive in the game!

I would much rather the considerable talent at PDs disposal was put to work on cars that would really benefit the game (particularly the online daily races) so up to date Gr3's, or how about the Le Mans winning Ferrari... these cars are cutting edge, where the manufacturers are pushing the boundaries, just like the VGT's, but are real. I am going to be watching the Spa WEC race next weekend and there will be the new Aston's, 458 and 992 Porsches duking it out, with some amazing Hypercars up front. To me it just seems to be more relevant.

I wish they'd do another long scenic track like Circuit de la Sierra. That is a track I'm never tired of driving, and it makes for a good testing ground for just about any car that was in GT6.

Heck they could just update the trees and textures to GT7 standards and bring it back with minimal effort, though I suppose that could be said for many of the GT6 tracks. Why they haven't diverted some resources to doing just that (updating old tracks) is beyond me. I'd imagine more people would be happier to have a 'new' track every 3 months even if it was a graphically updated old track.

Last edited:
I wish they'd do another long scenic track like Circuit de la Sierra. That is a track I'm never tired of driving, and it makes for a good testing ground for just about any car that was in GT6.

Heck they could just update the trees and textures to GT7 standards and bring it back with minimal effort, though I suppose that could be said for many of the GT6 tracks. Why they haven't diverted some resources to doing just that (updating old tracks) is beyond me. I'd imagine more people would be happier to have a 'new' track every 3 months even if it was a graphically updated old track.
Graphics are nice, but if it means more tracks great, I don’t spend my time racing around a track looking at the trees and the mountains ahaha

Graphics are nice, but if it means more tracks great, I don’t spend my time racing around a track looking at the trees and the mountains ahaha
Well, I mean neither do I, but if there was one thing PD was heavily criticized on during the PS3 era was the graphical inconsistencies between the premium/standard cars and trackside details. There is a bit of a standard to be had.

Well, I mean neither do I, but if there was one thing PD was heavily criticized on during the PS3 era was the graphical inconsistencies between the premium/standard cars and trackside details. There is a bit of a standard to be had.
I guess I was agreeing, they don’t have to look perfect just updated enough. As it is already, some of the tracks in my opinion look a lot better than other ones. Could just be the lighting though.

Would be interesting to know which cars not added to the game yet were scanned.

Interesting. Leaves me wondering which Camaro as from what I can tell, I don't see a Sunoco Camaro anywhere in Jay's collection.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to know which cars not added to the game yet were scanned.

I’d like to know more about the Sunoco Camaro and scanning and setting it up that way? I think that’s just a story. Haha

Back