Gran Turismo 7's Force Feedback Hobbled to Prevent Player Injuries

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
This was probably due to all the dumbasses on YouTube asking what was wrong with their wheel with no hands on it. As with most things these days, they have to protect stupid people I guess.
I would've thought this would cover it. The T-GT has an aged restriction and ample warnings about not letting go of the wheel or putting your fingers in stupid places, but hospitals are still full of people who put things in stupid places :sly::boggled:

Untitled.png

I would've thought this would cover it. The T-GT has an aged restriction and ample warnings about not letting go of the wheel or putting your fingers in stupid places, but hospitals are still full of people who put things in stupid places :sly::boggled:

View attachment 1154747
All wheels have this kind of warnings and restrictions, still people hurt themselves especially with DDs. PD dropped the ball here imo, they are penalizing people that spent an hefty price for top tier equipment and right before the start of Season 1. Just plainly stupid.

Has anyone actually tested this that can verify much of a Change? I have a T-GT and haven't been on in a while and normally have My FFB set to 5. Will I now have to increase to 10 to get the same effect?

Has anyone actually tested this that can verify much of a Change? I have a T-GT and haven't been on in a while and normally have My FFB set to 5. Will I now have to increase to 10 to get the same effect?
10 wont get you back 5, more like 1 or 2 from what TGT users have been saying. Aura uses a TGT and you can see how he got on yesterday

At least they say a fix is coming. Hoping it's an overall massive improvement to the FFB in general, as it is rn there's times where I just use the controller because a wheel with nearly zero detail makes the game both not fun and a lot harder.

At least they say a fix is coming. Hoping it's an overall massive improvement to the FFB in general, as it is rn there's times where I just use the controller because a wheel with nearly zero detail makes the game both not fun and a lot harder.
They’ve said a lot of stuff is coming and we’re still waiting. How long they going to take to fix this will say a lot

10 wont get you back 5, more like 1 or 2 from what TGT users have been saying. Aura uses a TGT and you can see how he got on yesterday

2 is about equal to 5 now, but you're right, nothing will get you back to what 5 was. I think about the best would you could achieve now is about what 3 or 4 was pre 1.15 on 10 now. It seems to go up in very tiny increments. 1 old step = about 3 now (roughly).

Fanatec GT DD in blue mode no longer has force feedback. In the purple mode, force feedback returns, but the traction control, braking and fuel map buttons do not work, the D-pad does not work, so you cannot look around yourself and the cabin. This is how I did some online races today. This is Pathetic, as soon as I hit the platinum, the game CD lands in the hands of the dealer. Tomorrow ill play 45 online races, and as soon i get my platin, bye bye GT **** 🙋‍♂️

I use the new cheap T248 from thrustmaster, it is affected badly, being recognised by the game as a T-GT... I used to run at 10, but now 10 doesn't feel anything...

I mean, people were threatening a lawsuit against GT for not delivering what they promised. If someone thinks they can make a lawsuit for that reasoning, they'll be sure to do it for a potentially serious problem.

You can't really blame them. Bad timing, but it's better than a bunch of injuries. Hopefully it's a quick fix for wheel users

So are we thinking that 1.14 was the injury inducing patch so they redid it and jumped to 1.15, or 1.13 caused an injury that someone sued them over? Or my belief that this is utter bollocks and they messed up and came out with this nonsense to cover for it. Otherwise why didn’t they release this statement with the update if they knew it basically breaks FFB

I’m just baffled by PD’s logic. I mean, their supposed philosophy is right there in the tagline; “The real driving simulator”.

People both go broke, and get hurt racing cars. Between the broken economy, the MTX’s, and the occasional jammed thumb…. I feel like they were doing a decent job 👍🏼

It really is a huge yikes when my $600+ T-GT has the force feedback of a wheel from the PS2 era. I can't even play this game, because it's so bad. Even Wreckfest feels more realistic than this now. Hell, using the damn DualShock 5 is more realistic than the T-GT right now thanks to the haptic feedback.

Well I'm on a G29, so good news for me I guess that it was excluded.
Yes! Use lowly Logi users... now is our chance to take advantage! :lol:
You know when you're using headphones and you turn up the volume on your phone and you get a "prolonged listening at high volumes can damage your ears" message and everyone just puts the volume up anyway?

That.
THey've been doing that for years already. We've all seen those warnings some movies/games have that say "There are flashing lights... might cause seizures....blah blah blah."

I mean, people were threatening a lawsuit against GT for not delivering what they promised. If someone thinks they can make a lawsuit for that reasoning, they'll be sure to do it for a potentially serious problem.

You can't really blame them. Bad timing, but it's better than a bunch of injuries. Hopefully it's a quick fix for wheel users
A bunch of injuries?! Is this some sort of new crisis? People losing hands and arms across the world due to too my FFB on their GT7 wheel?:boggled:

Last edited:
My DD Pro is useless.It doesn't matter how you set it up it's like driving a hoverboard. No FFB at all, total disconnect. Thanks PD. The day for dumping my PS and focussing on PC sim racing is getting ever closer.

Bought the wheel for Xmas, loved it so far, now a useless paperweight. There were a hundred ways to fix the problem, if indeed it was a problem, seems that right now you can put money on PD getting it wrong. Been playing since GT3, I've now had enough.

So long GT, so long PD. I will certainly not be waiting for any updates.

Last edited:
My DD Pro is useless.It doesn't matter how you set it up it's like driving a hoverboard. No FFB at all, total disconnect. Thanks PD. The day for dumping my PS and focussing on PC sim racing is getting ever closer.

Bought the wheel for Xmas, loved it so far, now a useless paperweight.

So long GT, so long PD.
Get a pc and you’ll quickly forget about racing on console. Never thought I’d be the one to say this either but racing is just that much better on pc.

How strong is/was this this FFB anyway? My only points of reference are Daytona USA and other arcade machines, which probably won't break anyone's fingers.

Spot on.

Get a pc and you’ll quickly forget about racing on console. Never thought I’d be the one to say this either but racing is just that much better on pc.
Seems to be the solution. Will have to wait, since having dropped a shed load on the DD Pro (out there in Vietnam these things cost double plus the process in Europe) building a gaming rig is out of the question right now, also parts availability is an issue.

Oh well there's always AC and I could buy ACC 🤔

Back