Gran Turismo 7's Force Feedback Hobbled to Prevent Player Injuries

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
So I own a Logitech as I’m new to this sim world plus I can’t afford or justify the cost of a Fanatec or equivalent. For me I’m happy with the force feedback I get. I can feel the bumps in roads, the curbs and the grass/gravel. As for the car handling yeah I can feel some grip and when I lose some grip. Can I feel understeer or oversteer? I don’t know? I’m not sure if it just instinct that takea over from seeing it on the TV or if it’s the feel in the wheel? I’ve never tried a racing sim (apart from the Wii wheel years ago) so I have no other feel in how other FFB systems work.
As for times, I was slower for maybe a month and then now I’m faster, but the wheel has taught me a lot more in how to properly run racing lines. I’m normally about 3-5 seconds of the top 10 times in the daily’s. As for time difference between wheel and controller?

So I own a Logitech as I’m new to this sim world plus I can’t afford or justify the cost of a Fanatec or equivalent. For me I’m happy with the force feedback I get. I can feel the bumps in roads, the curbs and the grass/gravel. As for the car handling yeah I can feel some grip and when I lose some grip. Can I feel understeer or oversteer? I don’t know? I’m not sure if it just instinct that takea over from seeing it on the TV or if it’s the feel in the wheel? I’ve never tried a racing sim (apart from the Wii wheel years ago) so I have no other feel in how other FFB systems work.
As for times, I was slower for maybe a month and then now I’m faster, but the wheel has taught me a lot more in how to properly run racing lines. I’m normally about 3-5 seconds of the top 10 times in the daily’s. As for time difference between wheel and controller?
Wrong thread?

I told Kaz in the Hospitality to get these things fixed

Attachments

• F383D8A0-563F-46A1-B91B-9C2C83D48A38.jpeg
    F383D8A0-563F-46A1-B91B-9C2C83D48A38.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 16
So i changed my settings to the ones Maurice posted and its okay, i had my dd pro on blue mode (if you race on purple i'd love to know the difference) but its NOTHING like what i had before, wheel is still pretty light turning in but i guess i'll just have to make do with the way it is.

I try not to moan too much about the game but this specific change has REALLY annoyed me more than any other. Does anyone know of ANYONE who has suffered an injury from driving GT7 with a wheel ? There must be a serious reason why they posted the update notice. I've read elsewhere the Tomahawk race might be to blame....which PD could in a way be responsible for. I know its ridiculous but you never know in this day and age.

Oh and i jumped on GTS and the physics with wheel seemed (to me at least, going between the 2 games) much better.

Last edited:
I'm actually not surprised this has happened. I've had another racing game suddenly randomly slam the wheel into my thumb and it struck me at the time that ffb has the ability to cause significant injury and lawsuits could happen.
Any ****ing steering wheel on any car out there can and will do it when things go haywire. It breaks your thumbs and that's it.... You know or should know that when you get behind the wheel. And in a game a warning or just not making the said cars available would have been enough.

I actually had the issue while driving tomahawk at the le mans straights at 500+ kph. The wheel starts shaking uncontrollably and you really have to hold on for dear life XD (DD pro 5nm). I did stretch a muscle in my shoulder which did hurt for a bit, but i didn't compain about it, it actually impressed me about what the wheel is capeable of. Don't need a boost kit for sure XD. Now PD give me back my FFB please,
My G29 does this too, I just hold the bottom of the wheel to keep it straight.

Any ****ing steering wheel on any car out there can and will do it when things go haywire.
If my car slammed the steering wheel through 180 degrees at full force when I started it up parked on my drive, I'd see that as a potential liability issue for the car maker too.

Since the update the FFB is a frikkin piece of $hit. Now my expensively assembled 8nm DD Pro is paperweight! F..k PD and Kaz, this NEEDS to be escalated, just like the winning prize nerf. This is waay more worse than that, as people spent lots of money for the official wheel and they straight up went and made them useless! Now they feel like those low-end budget wheels which you can get for ~$100, with a wheel that costs starting from $700 if you just purchased the cheapest bundle! PD NEEDS to be teached to not mess around with peoples spending and expensive setups. They straight up made the game unplayable with the official wheel.

Last edited:
If my car slammed the steering wheel through 180 degrees at full force when I started it up parked on my drive, I'd see that as a potential liability issue for the car maker too.
The manufacturer is not responsible for accidents or the unforeseen... Drive off-road, at the latest without a servo it gets really violent.

The worst part is that I don't really have much reason to believe they'll fix it within a month, in fact I can envisage PD not fixing this properly, or taking three months to fix it, or giving up altogether.

A bit like the still broken lobbies, or the microtransaction criticism that they've just decided to ride out without fundamentally changing course.

Last edited:
Sometimes i think when Sony forced PD to implement microtransactions and base the game economics on it, PD gave up the game.
This is quite possible. Especially considering the outrage this latest "patch" has created. A company in sync with it's fans/community would have acted immediately and fixed the issue. Even apologizing. However, it's been silence for days now.
Beginning with the release of GT7 and all it's emptiness and broken promises, it's just been one bad move after another, coupled with weeks of silence. Not to mention the absurd pattern of keeping everything a secret in a world that craves transparency. There's not a whole lot that makes sense with PD anymore. I'm sure this will get poop thrown at it, but it's all true. PD seems lost in time, inadequate, and completely indifferent to it's core base.

The worst part is that I don't really have much reason to believe they'll fix it within a month, in fact I can envisage PD not fixing this properly, or taking three months to fix it, or giving up altogether.

A bit like the still broken lobbies, or the microtransaction criticism that they've just decided to ride out without fundamentally changing course.
I have the same fear.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Force Feedback Hobbled to Prevent Player Injuries

Polyphony Digital has today issued a statement regarding a major change to force feedback delivery in Gran Turismo 7 in the latest game update...

This **** is unplayable now, I buy a good Wheel / TGT2 to have good and strong Force Feedback, but after 1.15 there is nothing on highest settings, unbelievable. I play ACC and GT Sport, GT7 really suxx right now...

Sometimes i think when Sony forced PD to implement microtransactions and base the game economics on it, PD gave up the game.
This is proven false when you consider the fact that the previous two GT games had micro-transactions in them, going back to 2013.

This is proven false when you remember that micro-transactions were added to GT Sport years after launch, when the game more or less had a established player base and the rest of the gaming press stopped caring, allowing it to come in with a collective shrug and a collective 'well, it isn't that bad'

This is proven false when you consider the fact that the previous two GT games had micro-transactions in them, going back to 2013.

This is proven false when you remember that micro-transactions were added to GT Sport years after launch, when the game more or less had a established player base and the rest of the gaming press stopped caring, allowing it to come in with a collective shrug and a collective 'well, it isn't that bad'
But it's more fun with stupid conspiracy theories.

Back