Gran Turismo Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup Announced for 2024 Season

• Thread starter Famine
  • 89 comments
I’m slightly surprised there’s no race featuring the recently-added TS020. However, it looks like a blast at any rate, especially with the chance to win a sizable sum of credits for your final rankings.

EDIT: Since the final round seems to be listed at TBD, I wonder what it could entail? Maybe that could indeed feature the TS020 - perhaps at a new venue?

Last edited:
If we have to do a Prius round they could have brought back the Touring Car version from previous instalments, or added one of the real race cars.

Apart from that it looks like a good set of races.
Give us the APR Prii Kaz you coward.

1712762674481.png

I was a little upset the AE86 didn't get the full N2 treatment. Is that Prius on slicks?

Last edited:
Someone was asking why different manufacturers in the Toyota Cup.
This explains a little bit.

I also recall Toyota, Honda and Nissan partnering to develop a hydrogen engine. Not sure if Nissan are still involved with the project after everything going with that company.

Last edited:
This explains a little bit.
Over to you, @sirjim73 :lol:
EDIT: Since the final round seems to be listed at TBD, I wonder what it could entail? Maybe that could indeed feature the TS020 - perhaps at a new venue?
All of the online rounds are known. The final round you say is listed as TBD is the live final. This is never fully confirmed until closer to the time, but generally consists of two semi-finals, a repechage, and the grand final for the 24 qualified finalists. Either way though, it's after all the online qualifiers.
Anyone know when signups will be for the TGR Cup?
Don't know for sure but likely somewhere between day-of and a week before. If we have an April 25th update, as expected, I'd guess at then.

I am also looking forward to learning all the other information involved with the races. We have the cars/tracks, but that's only part of the story. The laps, required tires, tire and fuel multipliers, etc. start the 'strategy-side' of the brain going.

In due time...

Judging by the picture they’re using to promote the series I’m guessing one of the Finals races will be in a newly-added race Prius.

Judging by the picture they’re using to promote the series I’m guessing one of the Finals races will be in a newly-added race Prius.
Isn't there already a round featuring the 3rd-gen Prius? That said, I'm still waiting on a potential GT300-spec Prius to be added. Alternately, the latest version of the Prius would be a lovely addition indeed.

I tuned a widebody Prius with RH, race suspension(using GR.4 Mazda3 default settings), all power parts but bore & stroke, two-way LSD, front & rear aero on wide 18" BBS. Ran it at Road Atlanta. That thing is smoooooth.
Wonder what set up PD used for the Prius in the pic.

I tuned a widebody Prius with RH, race suspension(using GR.4 Mazda3 default settings), all power parts but bore & stroke, two-way LSD, front & rear aero on wide 18" BBS. Ran it at Road Atlanta. That thing is smoooooth.
Wonder what set up PD used for the Prius in the pic.
Expect widebodied cars to be ineligible for the GR GT Cup race.

They tried to make the championship interesting but the lack of new cars really highlights how far behind PD is in updating this game.

Round 1 - we could've had GT300 BRZ vs GR86.
Round 2 - again where's the Prius GT300? Or at least bring back the Prius Touring Car.
Round 3 - would be cool to have TS010-TS050 and GR010 Gr.1 battle royale. Hell even throw in the Toyota 7 and Minolta 88C-V as well while we are at it.
Round 4 - just make it a Supra one make. The other 2 cars are not competitive.
Round 5 - no complaints here although I would've preferred a road car race. Maybe a meme HiAce vs Alphard? :lol:
Round 6 - could've added the facelifted GR Yaris, or have a GR Corolla vs GR Yaris race.
Round 7 - if they're trying to emulate the Super Taikyu Waigaya Club, it would be more accurate to have pre-tuned road cars instead of Gr.3. We have all the base cars in the game already (Civic FL5, BRZ/GR86, Mazda3, Fairlady). Also going on a tangent, it's so sad how forgotten Mitsubishi is in motorsports nowadays.

Apart from that, I'm still waiting to get the Supra GT500 and Yaris WRC car.

Round 1 - we could've had GT300 BRZ vs GR86.
Round 2 - again where's the Prius GT300? Or at least bring back the Prius Touring Car.
These were never going to happen, Toyota want road car rounds for this cup for marketing purposes.

Anyway, full combo details are now out: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/sportmode/championship/950/1

30 laps of Catalunya in the Super Formulas sounds like good fun if you can drive those well.

Schedule tables for TGR GT Cup 2024

GT1
View attachment 1349184

GT2/3
View attachment 1349185
I was initially looking forward to this, but getting less enthused now we have more details. NGP/GVS/Fuji are horrid tracks, there's barely any strategy in the whole season (please let the Le Mans round have some weather) and no mystery vehicles.

Some good stuff. Sunday morning races. Grid starts for 5 of 7 rounds is nice. The free car is worth doing at least one race. I like the SFs even if I'm very Strollish in them.

Whoever came up with this combo did not get the memo that Nations Cup folks have mostly stopped treating GT2/GT3 as second class citizens.

To clarify, in order to get the free GR010 do you actually have to participate in a race itself, or is just signing up (maybe doing some TTing) good enough? I am assuming the latter...

"All players who enter the event will receive a Toyota GR010 in-game, in a special black livery."

Is there any way to find out what class you will be in.

I just opened the link for the details and it has GT1 above my name, no matter which league I click on but I don't think that is right for a DR - C and SR - S

Back