Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,389 comments
So next round is likely to be a whole field of identical light blue M3s?

They could at least let us pick a colour if we can’t use our own machines. Might give this one a miss.
I do think there's a bit of a sheep effect at the top levels of the leaderboard sometimes. That being said, the "balance" here is pretty insulting to some of the cars. It's just sad to go from the M3 that handles like a dream, to some of the cars that need begging and pleading just to turn a corner, like it's still GT4 or something. And it's not like they get huge speed boosts to make up for it!

I do think there's a bit of a sheep effect at the top levels of the leaderboard sometimes. That being said, the "balance" here is pretty insulting to some of the cars. It's just sad to go from the M3 that handles like a dream, to some of the cars that need begging and pleading just to turn a corner, like it's still GT4 or something. And it's not like they get huge speed boosts to make up for it!
I agree.

The beemer is the most modern car so dynamically should be the Uber car in the twisty bits.

I actually struggle with the other choice of cars? If you were doing a group test for fast road cars these aren't all in the same class

NSX is actually handles everything but the first high speed sequence pretty well.

its just doesnt have good gearing for the straights.

This round would be so much cooler if they allowed us to tune everything while maintains their set HP and weight.

I am still slightly faster with the M3 but I am not fast. 2:05.265 after about 60 miles in various cars.

Ended up a whopping 9 tenths faster in the BMW than any of the other car choices, still need to try the F40, SLR Mclaren and the Ford GT, but it's not likely they'll be topping that. It's a bit of a shame because some of the other cars have handling that better fits my driving style but the M3 seems to generate laptime without it being an incredible lap.
2:03.727 in the end.

The LFA, Supra and Diablo have good characteristics but fall down in some regard, for example the Supra feels like the M3 with worse traction.

Last edited:
You know I'm not too sure what to type about Rd.2 other than I was pretty nervous about driving it fast and the fact that 50% of the video below is just me being overtaken. At least I'm glad that it's over...

5 laps is a mixture of being fun and intense, while also being unfair and having that "rushed" feeling.

PD made the Ford GT sound like a Honda Civic. I can't even drive it because how off it is. Big V8 sounds like a four banger... Thanks, Kaz.
And yet it still sounds better than the current V6 GT. :lol:
I wonder if that's the game's stock exhaust that's messed up, or if it's got a modded exhaust for this tuned race and that's making it sound off.

First slot NA GT 1 lower A lobby.
Qualified about .6 off my FP best but still good for pole. Fun race but was more of a TT for me. I’ll take it 😂

@Wannablackbee good seeing you out there congrats for a great race. I don’t say hi at before races anymore because it’s always a jinx 🤔View attachment 1348620View attachment 1348621View attachment 1348622
Congrats for the win! I had a couple of good times close to dropshot G but he managed. Goose gained time on these little battles. I made a couple mistakes on lap 4 and Goose took the 4th place for 140 points I think. I got 134 points. It is my first WS in GT1 as an AS. So far I had clean lobbies which is really appreciated. Good to see you there.

It does seem that because I've dropped some positions after not doing the second round, I'm now just barely out of gold range for my ranking within the USA and North America. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into it, as that'd be over 4m credits to be won!

EDIT: I also did some free practice in the E92 M3 for the next round at Trial Mountain. Not sure how PD tuned this thing, but it really is nice to drive. Doesn't feel like there's much oversteer nor wheelspin, if any.

Last edited:
I am also setting slightly faster time on LFA but I have not really done a lot of laps either.
IMG_0714.jpeg
IMG_0711.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, watched again and saw that it's all low on the left 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 😅
Yea, in the GT-One it’s a little crammed in if I don’t get my seat position to set pretty far back. Was similarly cramped in the R92CP. The RA-272 and most cars it’s pretty easy to see and keep an eye on.

One thing to remember is actual VR FOV is a lot bigger and rounder than the video capture FOV. I can see a lot more without moving my head than the videos show.

It’s definitely a unique challenge to race in VR but it comes with a lot of benefits.

Not sure whether to enter on Wednesday or not. A 1 make race around a track I'm not really anywhere near the pace on doesn't sound fun. I might concentrate on getting Fuji on the Weekly Challenges done.

Mistah_MCA's guide was helpful as ever. Main tips to take away:
1. +3 BB for the BMW. Dunno if the same helps the LFA. After trying this, I went faster in the BMW over the LFA at 0 BB. I have not tried the LFA with +3 BB though.
2. For those using manual, use second gear only to rotate the car, not to accelerate. At least in the BMW.

Boy do I suck at Trial Mountain 😂 Tried a couple of different cars and the Ford will be my choice. Only ran a couple of laps per car and the Ford and Ferrari were the cars I liked most but I'm way slower with the F40.

Would probably be faster with the BMW but gotta bring some different color into the mix 😅

Mistah_MCA's guide was helpful as ever. Main tips to take away:
1. +3 BB for the BMW. Dunno if the same helps the LFA. After trying this, I went faster in the BMW over the LFA at 0 BB. I have not tried the LFA with +3 BB though.
2. For those using manual, use second gear only to rotate the car, not to accelerate. At least in the BMW.
BB +5 for each seemed to work well. BMW still ended up being faster though (0.3/lap). Both BMW and LFA are very slidey in 2nd gear.

Going to test short shifting VS long shifting in BMW soon.

I'm not racing tomorrow so I haven't looked in-game, but I don't see any mention of the slipstream settings in the schedule. I guess I'm curious if this will have that super strong slip the last time we had this combo, that turned a couple sections into a demolition derby.

I'm not racing tomorrow so I haven't looked in-game, but I don't see any mention of the slipstream settings in the schedule. I guess I'm curious if this will have that super strong slip the last time we had this combo, that turned a couple sections into a demolition derby.
IMG_4257.jpeg

Custom slipstream (for qualifier and race) likely means the same as the last time it was a daily race.

Custom slipstream (for qualifier and race) likely means the same as the last time it was a daily race.
And for anybody who missed this combo last time -- correct me if I'm wrong -- this was no slipstream during qualifying and stupidly strong slipstream for the race.

View attachment 1349517

And for anybody who missed this combo last time -- correct me if I'm wrong -- this was no slipstream during qualifying and stupidly strong slipstream for the race.
That's good to know, and frustrating. I'd have been caught out by that!

Am I the only one who doesn't like it when they set up combos/put in settings that make it so the cars feel dramatically different in the race to when you're in free practice? I know you'll never get it the exact same because of fuel weight and slipstream, but it just feels like so far this season they're going for deathball sprint combos, which I am not particularly a fan of.

Back