Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,394 comments
Slot 1 GT1 bottom splits

Door 11

QT 2nd 2:04.1

2 wall penalties. 1 was my fault 1 was "assisted"

Following first quite happily from second first 2 laps was all good I kept off of him just letting pull away. This is all good.

Ukrainian dude joins the party (4th is 12s back now)

And I kid you not and is this excuse "I bump drafted you" my response was "in the braking zone out of the tunnel, thanks dk" wasn't happy and that was the non inflicted penalty. Solid 4th just had to drive 7 laps with front and right wheel damage (and the barrier pen that lap) frustrating if I'm on honest with heavy damage.

Now I get to wait until it's dinner time to go again. Great work PD, great work 👍

Tried twice to run that race on my alt account and had enough of both and just left.

First race there were 2 guys at the front with 2:03 times. 2s faster then third. One of them wrote in the chat before the race "Get me on Youtube slow people"

Pretty sure tanked the DR to get some wins against slower people. If true then that would be pretty sad imo.
Qualified on P4 with the Ford again but this was more like a destruction derby. Got punted after the long straight and flew into the wall. Tried to get going again but got hit again from someone behind and got a penalty for meeting Barry 🙄

2nd race with the LFA. Left the Box for quali after 30s or so and right after I crossed the start line a BMW came out of the box for his lap.
I was faster but he had no intention of making room so only P10 for the start.

The race was another level of destruction derby. Wasn't worth it I thought and decided to call it quits.

Usually I'm pretty lucky when it comes to clean races (with some small racing incidents) but today was completly awful.
Didn't help that I was slow overall on TM with those cars.

Hoping that the next round will be better for me.

Last edited:
Late decision to switch from the LFA to the Corvette. Just more comfortable in the Chevy.

Once again get the #16 board, so at least I have a readymade excuse for being slow.

Qualified P9 with my fastest lap of the week. Made up some places at the start just by using the brakes a bit in sector 1. Meanwhile (almost) everyone else is playing “The Real BMW Driving Simulator” and so carnage ensues. Lost a few places after a penalty at the stupid final chicane, just couldn’t get the car stopped in time.

Rest of the race was a close pack fight from 6th to 12th. At the finish I was back in P9.

IMG_4259.jpeg

The super slipstream seemed to be turned off in my GT2 slot, didn’t notice any difference from normal.

Late decision to switch from the LFA to the Corvette. Just more comfortable in the Chevy.

Once again get the #16 board, so at least I have a readymade excuse for being slow.

Qualified P9 with my fastest lap of the week. Made up some places at the start just by using the brakes a bit in sector 1. Meanwhile (almost) everyone else is playing “The Real BMW Driving Simulator” and so carnage ensues. Lost a few places after a penalty at the stupid final chicane, just couldn’t get the car stopped in time.

Rest of the race was a close pack fight from 6th to 12th. At the finish I was back in P9.

View attachment 1349817

The super slipstream seemed to be turned off in my GT2 slot, didn’t notice any difference from normal.
Was the Vette competitive much? I was thinking about doing some last minute testing before making a final race decision.

Races 1 & 2
Just too slow, qualified 12th and 11th, finished 11th in both

Race 3
A bit more practice, and another watch of one of the top times and I've knocked 0.5s off my best lap in pre-race practice.

Qualified 5th, this is looking better. Race spoilt with a laggy connection, cars leaping over the place meant I couldn't get stuck into the fighting properly. The leader had cleared off while 2nd to 7th(me) were fighting over best of the rest.

Keeping clear of the fight may have paid off when things went pair shipped up front into turns 1 & 2. Not sure exactly what happened but suddenly I was 3rd, and a lot less cars fighting for 2nd.

The last couple laps we had a three way battle for 2nd, lag problems again meant I couldn't fight properly so ended up 4th. Still a damn good result considering my pace from my first two attempts.

I swear I am cursed at the moment. Every single round is just... hell. I just tried again and shot myself in the foot during qualifying by grazing the wall at the last bend on my first flying lap. Invalidated first lap and a massive slowdown on my second. :indiff:

The second lap was good as well. I ended up setting a 2:05.519 even while serving the penalty. Even ignoring the time lost from slowing down for 1.5 seconds, a 2:04 would have been a P5. I doubt I was on for pole as that was a 2:03.2 but likely would have taken P2, which was a 2:03.8.

Starting all the way from P15 (someone else must have gotten a penalty too), I was praying for things to kick off in front of me so I could pick up positions but it didn't happen right until the end. I picked up damage and a barrier collision penalty trying to go side-by-side with someone around halfway through as well, which really didn't help.

I eventually finished P12 after a French driver went a bit psychotic on the final lap. He'd started P9 and had been running P6 before smacking the wall going over the peak at the start of the last sector, picking up damage and a penalty that dropped him all the way back to the fight to not come last. I'd boxed him in going down the back straight so I could make an attempt to pass at the hairpin. I ended up having to take slight avoiding action as he suddenly launched through the gap between me and the car in front of him, missed his braking point entirely and ended up slamming into a Spaniard from a long ways back. :ill: I'm glad to see the game DID give a penalty for that after what happened in my first race!

That bunched us up, and the Frenchman made a lunge to my left to try going around the outside of me at the downward right-hander at the start of the last sector. He didn't manage it and fell back behind me, only to then make a wild lunge into the left-hander before the pit lane entry. I saw it coming in my radar and avoided contact, but he rammed a different French driver and slammed into my side after nearly spinning out. That wasn't the end of it either. Right as I'd rounded the 90-degree left at the final chicane, he rammed the second French driver again before ultimately finishing last after serving the penalty. :odd:

Last edited:
After 30 minutes trying out the RX-7, M3 and Lex Express, I picked the LF-A as it was the fastest and most stable.

I qualified 3rd with a 2:04.1xx, a whole second off the polesitter in another Lexus. The start was a little dicey, and I narrowly avoided getting taken out at T5 (after the 1st tunnel) as the would-be missile clipped the inner wall. I just couldn't keep up with the leading duo, who would end up being 20 seconds clear of 3rd by the end of the race.

Things calmed down for about 1.5 laps afterward, before I was rudely awakened by the sight of a red arrow (a Spaniard in, you guessed it, a BMW) right behind me at the sharp right-hander at the start of the final sector. I made the Lexus as wide as possible, which isn't easy on this track. When my pursuer picked up a 1.5 second penalty for looking at the wall the wrong way, I blew my chance to get clear by brushing the inner wall at T4. This invited another BMW, this time driven by a French player, to join our scrap for 3rd. I had to sacrifice more time picking the defensive line, which turned the 3 car scrap for 3rd into a 5 car one!

Things came to a head in the final lap. The French BMW got the best drive out of the final corner and I had no answer for them on the run down to the first corner, but there was an almighty scrap for 5th behind me. The French BMW had a snap of oversteer after T1, which slowed them right down as they stablised the car for T3, and I'm amazed I didn't get sandwiched (and damaged) between them and P5. I sat in the French BMW's slipstream down the back straight, and they hugged the inside of the banked left-hander, giving me no option but to try around the outside...and it worked!

...for 10 seconds, before they squeezed me into the wall at the sharp right-hander at the start of the final sector. I was temporarily dropped down to 5th as one of the chasing pack passed me before giving up at the sharp left-hander at the lake shore.

But then, a miracle happened. I escaped a divebomb attempt into the final chicane and I was right on the tail of that French driver. I was resigned to finishing 4th...but then they began weaving. They weaved so much that I was able to squeak through to claim 3rd and 132 points! They apologised after the race, and it's drivers like them who make me realise the world's not all wrong sometimes.

Sorry for the dumb question, but the event takes your "best" position to the final points or the last race you do?
I mean, and sorry for my limited english, I happen to get a 1st place on the 1pm race today. If I play again, and get a 10th place, which points are considered?

I want to do the race again, because it's amazing, but I know I was lucky with all the carnage on the first 2 laps....

Just had another absolute disaster of a race trying the final slot. I'm so, so tired of this now. This is by far the worst season I've had in a very long time. :indiff:

I'm just going to say it - I think these combos are awful and encourage all the wrong behaviour from people. I praised them at first for the originality but now I'm utterly hating them for the secondary settings. Why is super strong slipstream being combined with strict wall collisions? Make it absurdly difficult to escape the car behind you, and if you end up in a fight with someone there's a good chance the penalty system will end it rather than the players. What the hell?! :confused:

Sorry for the dumb question, but the event takes your "best" position to the final points or the last race you do?
I mean, and sorry for my limited english, I happen to get a 1st place on the 1pm race today. If I play again, and get a 10th place, which points are considered?

I want to do the race again, because it's amazing, but I know I was lucky with all the carnage on the first 2 laps....
The result from the last race you enter is the one that gets kept. So in your example, it would keep the points from the 10th place.

EMEA GT1 Slot #3 - 272 Points Race

Only able to join the last slot for this around, found myself the lone LFA vs 15 M3’s. Quali went okay with a 2:03.2, that put me at P2 which was quite a bit better than expected.

6-BB2453-A-DD91-4315-9323-6825-F43-E62-FA.jpg

First 2 laps of the race was drama free, until I managed to get close to P1 in front. Tried a dive at the end of back straight at Lap 4 but went wide, tried again at Lap 6 and it worked. Then I had a poor exit out of the mini tunnel at Lap 7 and being overly defensive in the next corners means I was slow at the back straight. The original P1 got bump draft from P3, along with P4 all went pass. Then I figured they all braked too late with all that slip, managed to find and fill an LFA sized gap at the inside line of the corner. Coming out of the corner I was level with P1, with P3 & 4 side by side right behind us. I thought the better of it and backed off, and stayed P2. P1 pulled a gap of 1.5s while I was gathering myself back in Lap 8, and I also managed to maintain a gap of 0.9s from P3 thanks to the better straight line speed of the LFA.

IMG-0081.jpg

So that was really way better than expected and my previous experience with this combo at daily was dreadful (was still on controller back then) with lots of pushes and punches that resulted in lots of wall penalty. So kudos for everyone in that lobby for the very clean race.

IMG-0082.jpg

1st podium in this season, and bagged the most points I have ever got (261) in any GTWS races as well!

Last edited:
GT1 North America Slot 1 with @SPL170db

Man, I was a full second off my practice times and qualified 13th in the BMW with a 2:05 something. Also finished 13rh for 115 points...

Had some great battles with another BMW and a Lexus. The race was fun but where is my pace today?

Gonna start drinking beer so we'll see if I join the next slot or not.

Hiiiiiii............ bet you thought I kicked the bucket, but I'm back!

So my absence:

R1 - I could not get to grips with the GT-One for the life of me. I was better in the CLK-GTR but it was too slow to make up the difference. Decided to sit it out

R2 - I was busy

Which brings us to Round 3! My first race of this series. To be honest in the beginning I was faster with the LFA, but watching Kie's stream (which I feel really bad for him he had an awful day), BMW was the answer..........or so we thought.

Jump into qualifying and I ran a 2:02.8......which is faster than what I did in time trials :lol::confused:. The other puzzling piece was me and another driver was in the 2:02s, and was well clear of 3rd......... So the plan was to stick behind the LFA on pole and bump draft him to clear the pack. There was a certain driver in the grid I DID NOT WANT ANY BUSINESS AROUND! So best to just keep a gap to him and never give him an opportunity for divebombs and shenanigans. 3 of us broke away pretty quickly, but I really struggled within the wake of cars in front. Eventually 3rd made its move down the back straight and didn't want to fight him. Thinking about the long game, I tried to bump draft if I was close and keep the leader in range, but both of us made too many little mistakes which added up.

Fast forward to the last lap, I was admittedly playing DRS games, not looking for a pass until the back straight when I had his slip. To my surprise he dove down the inside, even with me partially closing the door, I reopened it to have him sail by and eventually get 2nd. We battled side by side the final 3-4 corners. I took the inside into the chicane to control the line, but I slowed too much and he had overlap. Thinking he would overshoot I tried an over under, but he read the move beautifully and parked it on the apex, I had to hesitate. We dragged raced to the line with him barely beating me. While I was a little bummed, he raced me cleanly with a lot of respect, and it was a good race. I did enjoy it despite I lost out.

I would have liked to go again, but the probably of me being in top split in the next time slot was high, which meant my 287 points I just gained would be wiped. So I played it safe and called it a night. Oddly a LFA destroyed us, putting me in a conundrum that I should have used it in the first place, I felt it was an easier car to drive. Wasn't the BMW supposed to be the META? :odd::sly:

Last edited:
Well that sucked. Qualified p11, was battling for 6-8 most of the race. Got punted by someone on lap 7 who quit the race.

Don’t have enough energy to do a second run and finished 13th of 13 remaining at the end. Surgery in 9 hours so will actually be able to practice for races in the future instead of just hopping in for the race and hoping I have enough energy.

GT1 North America Slot 2.

Was with @A_Higher_Place in this one. I did much better with a Q4. Was up to P2 chasing the leader when the lobby dropped.

Aaaargh.
Ahh I'm sorry it dropped for you. The race was incredible from 2nd to 7th. Not to rub it in but that was the most fun I've had in GTWS yet! We were lucky to be paired with a few really clean drivers. Everyone gave space, even right up to the last chicane. P5 finish for me and happy with it!

GT1 North America Slot 1 with @SPL170db

Man, I was a full second off my practice times and qualified 13th in the BMW with a 2:05 something. Also finished 13rh for 115 points...

Had some great battles with another BMW and a Lexus. The race was fun but where is my pace today?

Gonna start drinking beer so we'll see if I join the next slot or not.

That race was a disaster for sure. I flubbed the Q and got a penalty and ended up starting in last place. Got banged around to the point that only my left front wheel wasn't damaged and ended up having to do the majority of the race like that. Only reason I wasn't dead last was a couple of guys dropped.

Came back for slot 2. Q'd in 6th w/ a 2:03.8 At the end of the first lap coming into the chicane before the straight under braking I inadvertently rear ended the guy in front of me sending him off the track so I pulled over until he got going, unfortunately that put me in last place again. Fortunately I didn't have a damaged car this time. I somehow managed to work my way all the way back up to 4th on the penultimate lap and then grazed a blade of grass's worth of the inside wall in the carousel after the back straight and earned myself a 1.5 sec pen, sending me from 4th back to 8th again. Managed to pull back one spot on the last lap to finish 7th and 185pts. I think I'm done for the night.

I get this error over and over and I can't close the game. The GT7 home screen is frozen. I can't move the cursor.

View attachment 1349934

I was getting this error the other day as well. Went to PS5 network connections and it was having issues connecting to PSN. I'm normally hardwired to my router. I turned on Wifi and connected the PS5 with that instead and it connected fine with no more error. I dunno

GT1 North America slot 2 lobby.

Yesterday, got demoted to DR B after finishing 13/14 on daily race...so I got matched with GT1 DR B and it was lot of fun vecause more to my level I guess

Q6 with the BMW
On first lap, went too wide on one corner and got accidentally punt on another corner. ( The guy actually let me pass him later in the race) ended up 11th.

I climb up the position to 7th, got bumped drafted to 6th to finish P6 for 105 pts.

That was fun, and not having to care about loosing that 1mm DR A bar is like a relief.

Last edited:
I went with an unpopular choice for my 7 pm CDT GT3 slot, the Chevrolet Corvette. I got it down to under 2:06.4 in practice, but I'm not feeling too great.

I ended up in a full all-D/S lobby with 15 points for the win and wearing door #3. It was an eclectic mix of cars, dominated by the BMW, with 3 Fords, another pair of Chevys, 2 Lexuses, a Ferrari and a Porsche. My no-qualifying strategy would have probably been close to the pole, as that was set in 2:06.7. Instead, I started 14th, first of 3 to not take a time ahead of a BMW and the Porsche.

The race was a disaster - all the back-markers had no respect for anybody, so there was no clean way through them. I ended up with a wall-scrape that cost me 1.5 seconds and ultimately several spots, but not the CRB, and felt lucky to get 11th and 8 points.

The 8 pm lobby had fewer points (14 for the win), and saw me with door #11. I had a different mix of non-meta cars this time - a Mercedes, a Honda and a Lamborghini joined the party, with a Ford, a Porsche, and a pair of Lexuses returning to try and dethrone the BMWs. This time, my no-qualifying strategy got me my desired 16th/last place as everybody else set a time. The spread was a lot closer; pole was 2:07.3 and 15th was 2:10.6.

The race went worse, especially after I spun and got a 1.5-second penalty avoiding somebody else. I finished 15th/last of the non-DNF'ers, and reduced my point haul to 6.

My DR went back to the mean of a sliver of D, so I decided to see if I could get rid of the rest of the bar just like on the Plus account in the 9 pm slot. It was the worst point potential at a mere 11 for a win, and I also had my worst door number of the night at #15. That is also where I started as the Mazda also didn't take a time. Meanwhile, pole was 2:01.1

It was another sloppy race, though it was without wall-hits. 10th place split the point difference between the 1st and 2nd runs at 7.

GT1 NA slot 1: Q1 finished P4. This lobby was not as clean as the first 2 round of the WS. A lot of contacts. I did make contact by mistake myself. I saw drivers that like to battle at turn 1 but it always end in a slight contact which slow us down and makes us give positions to the ones that are far back. This sector has a lot of momentum that you rather not break with a battle because you have so much to lose.

Slot 2: Q2 finished P2. I messed up and I rear ended the Ford GT P1 in the chicane of the first lap and gave back the position. The bad thing is it forced my fellow driver @Dep Fishtail to slow down behind me. Leaving him being caught by the pack of hungry wolves behind us. I hope he got another chance and a better run at slot 3.

Overall, while I was gaining time each curvey portion of the track, I always found myself being overtaken in the straight out of the tunnel because slipstream. At the same spot happened a lot of slingshot moments that you don't see coming in the mirror leading to last minute nose dives from a train of opponents on your left trying to take the inside of the hairpin while missing their breaking points.

There was a moment when when I was P2 side by side with P1 and we both decided to lift at turn one to make the turn. Bad idea. I often lift because I know the other won't. We got caught by the others because of that. I have a lot to learn about racecraft. Starting by the need to figure out when to be agressive and overtake and when to let go.

Oh! And from what I saw, I thought that damage did not keep people from having a good pace.
Sorry for the long text. See you next round maybe.

Came back for 1 last shot in NA GT1 slot 3. @Pfei in the lobby with.

This one went much smoothe...for me anyway. Q'd in 4th, this time kept it nice and tidy. 1st and 2nd got a little gap and I got into a nice little battle w/ 3rd-5th, going back and forth all through the race, but we kept it respectful and clean. In the end I managed to snag the last podium spot and apparently fastest lap though I wasn't paying attention haha.

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

Last edited:
GT1 North America Slot 3.

After my still-unexplained nap in slot 1 and my disconnect from second place in slot 2 I HAD to go again, if anything to recover some DR from the massive hit I took for the disconnect. I was expecting a weak lobby but it was a 220 pointer teamed up with @SPL170db again.

Decent qualy but only got me starting P8.

After a few laps of nice racing I worked myself up to 6th and held it until the penultimate lap where I had an epic battle with the guy behind me all the way to the finish line. P7 for 165 points. I'm not angry for missing out on 200+ points because of the slot 2 disconnect. Rather the massive DR hit was a big blow and I was expecting a weaker lobby to grab some good DR but not as many points.

Despite all my issues, all three slots were great fun. Lots of close and respectful racing tonight.

Slot 3 Stream:

Last edited:
GT1 NA slot 1: Q1 finished P4. This lobby was not as clean as the first 2 round of the WS. A lot of contacts. I did make contact by mistake myself. I saw drivers that like to battle at turn 1 but it always end in a slight contact which slow us down and makes us give positions to the ones that are far back. This sector has a lot of momentum that you rather not break with a battle because you have so much to lose.

Slot 2: Q2 finished P2. I messed up and I rear ended the Ford GT P1 in the chicane of the first lap and gave back the position. The bad thing is it forced my fellow driver @Dep Fishtail to slow down behind me. Leaving him being caught by the pack of hungry wolves behind us. I hope he got another chance and a better run at slot 3.

Overall, while I was gaining time each curvey portion of the track, I always found myself being overtaken in the straight out of the tunnel because slipstream. At the same spot happened a lot of slingshot moments that you don't see coming in the mirror leading to last minute nose dives from a train of opponents on your left trying to take the inside of the hairpin while missing their breaking points.

There was a moment when when I was P2 side by side with P1 and we both decided to lift at turn one to make the turn. Bad idea. I often lift because I know the other won't. We got caught by the others because of that. I have a lot to learn about racecraft. Starting by the need to figure out when to be agressive and overtake and when to let go.

Oh! And from what I saw, I thought that damage did not keep people from having a good pace.
Sorry for the long text. See you next round maybe.

Great seeing you out there again.
No worries! You had a great run and deserved to be up there going for the win. I just didn’t have the pace tonight and should have been able to better stay ahead of the angry pack lol. Definitely lots of contact passing was happening in that race.
Congrats on the p2 and hopefully see you again this weekend.
Cheers

Holy crap the next race is ridiculous. Put in about 5 laps with the Porsche legend and #1 on the leaderboards is 10 seconds faster. I've got a beer festival I'm serving at Saturday and I'll be coming in hot with maybe 1 shot at the late slot with little opportunity to practice. sigh

Back