Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,469 comments
So just for shrimps and giggles, I jumped into a Prius and did some TT laps around Leguna. I don't even know what to say... the car barely touches 80mph (I didn't have BoP on so it may be even less!). It also has some odd throttle response delay thing going on. Like shortly after you come off the throttle it goes to idle rpms, so when you hit the gas it has to jump back up and 're-engage' the trans (even though we have MT in the game, definitely feels like a slushbox).

It's not as ugly as I thought it'd be but it drives even worse... and that's saying a lot.

ce25c9267fe02b517a56f28a0eed9d9e_photo.webp

Cool, so now all the cars are going to look exactly the same driving around... at least for the next two. Guess there are some different colors for the RB car but still lame. That makes for good viewing. Thanks, Kaz.
I was looking forward to running my own livery on the 787B since that'll be what almost everyone chooses. Now it'll just be 16 orange and green banshees screaming around Daytona with only different numbers. And I was especially looking forward to running my Black Panther livery on the X2019 again. Between botching updates (AGAIN), brief season, and Rd.2's race structure, this Nation's season has been a complete letdown. I've got 0 reason to ever upgrade to a PS5 with this game if they can't even be bothered to properly execute an "official" season...

I believe I am skipping the Porsche 917 Nation's Cup race because I cannot drive that car. 1:58.349 seems to be the best I can get out of it probably because the front end just will not turn for me. I am swinging it wide on the entry, cutting the apex, and driving wide on the exit (so wide I have to lift or brake to prevent going off). Even a +5 BB won't help this turd turn!

This just means more practice for the GT Cup event.

Haha are you kidding?!?
I'd love any 4 of those circuits to come up in the GTWS over the rinse and repeat combos we are getting lately. Those are some great tracks that are criminally underutilized (well except for Maggiore:lol:).
I’m not a fan of Tokyo much, but the rest yeah. Blue Moon Bay Infield in either direction, in group 4, radical, or a tuned up spec street car like a gr86 or Miata, I would love.

I've also done some TT laps for Manu round at Nord. Not a whole lot to report other than there seems to be no weather, if the TT conditions are any indication. You do have to pit, which means no strat at all in GT1. Two laps, pit (grab tires), two laps. GT2 will kinda have some strat since there are an odd number of laps drivers will have to decide whether to pit at the end of lap one or lap two.

I'm really trying to get excited about this game and these races but PD isn't making it easy.

That explains why I couldn't use my car this morning. Typical PD really.
View attachment 1342707

Curious which manufacturer you picked!! Still can not decide myself, concidering to stay with Ferrari...maybe Citroen.
I say picked. I randomise the process. The only clue I'll give away is that it will require a bit of testing before some of the rounds.
Well now for the reveal. The reason it'll require a bit of testing is that there are multiple car options. (At least in Gr3)
My Manu for this particular short season is... FORD!
75fc74b90ce5adc69d25060fa8e69f7f_photo.webp

And yes it was picked before the latest BOP changes. I suspect the 18 GT will be strong everywhere. (Seems to be ahead at the Nurb) But it will be good to see how the rest fit in especially with tyres and fuel to add into the mix.

I was just now able to do free practice with my garage car. What gives?

Same. I am confused. I can use my garage car and tune it as well (Living Legend).
I’ve said it very recently, PD have a massive code problem. EVERY update introduces or re-introduces very specific bugs. The countdown timer is a perfect example which kept bugging in every second update.

But this absolutely takes the cake.

Introduce a new bug. Try and patch it out. Fail. Ruin a GTWS qualifying event. It’s hard to fathom how this could be happening to such a ‘mature’ title…

Maybe the fixed car restriction is only valid when we register for the race tomorrow? And free practice you can still use your garage car?

Were you anywhere close to needing fuel, too? What were you driving?
For GT2 fuel will be no worry.... I'll just get that out of the way.

GT1 has one extra lap. So what I did was set-up a custom race with the event criteria and tried a couple cars for race distance:

-Porsche: Fuel is no problem
-Audi: Fuel is no problem
-Ford GT 18: Fuel will be close, but should be fine. I pushed every lap, full weighted car (race laps) and had no slip. Every time I crossed the line the laps remaining on the HUD was 0.1 more than the actual laps remaining. Ie, two laps left, fuel was at 2.1. If you're running that car, just keep an eye on it. Ultimately, this can be seen as a plus as you want the car running dry just after crossing the line (the more it eats the lighter it gets)!

I picked Chevy on my 2nd account so won't need to worry about fuel with it due to there only being three laps. I had my heart set on picking Chevy for one of the accounts (even before it got a buff in 1.46) so I did that early on, which then "allowed" me access to the TT, leader-board, checking the weather and time of day during the TT, etc.

So I've really only tried three cars, but I'd recommend you all do your diligence on fuel for GT1 races. I picked Jag last season and remember that car was pretty thirsty.

Last edited:
I believe I am skipping the Porsche 917 Nation's Cup race because I cannot drive that car. 1:58.349 seems to be the best I can get out of it probably because the front end just will not turn for me. I am swinging it wide on the entry, cutting the apex, and driving wide on the exit (so wide I have to lift or brake to prevent going off). Even a +5 BB won't help this turd turn!

This just means more practice for the GT Cup event.
I was thinking the same thing. I managed a 1:55 which was 10 seconds off of the top of the leaderboard. I am usually within 5.

Did you already have the Porsche as your active car? I still had the 1965 Honda F1 as my active car when I entered for free practice and chose my Porsche from the free practice menu.
I had the 917 as my current car. When I enter either option I can only choose from the list of provided cars.

I’ll try entering with a different active car shortly.

Edit: Even if I enter with a different active car there’s no option to use my garage.

This is all very strange…

Last edited:
Ran slot 1 in Oceania GT1. Door 9.

Qualifying wasn’t great. My first flying lap was actually as good as I’ve done except I had to go around a car with a penalty through the esses which probably cost me around half a second. Qualified 7th.

The race was pretty uneventful from my perspective. I started on mediums, got a position before T1!?! And then another when a front runner got a track limit penalty. Did 4 laps and pitted from p5. Back out in p11. Nothing much happened and when the pit cycle finished I was in p5 again. Briefly took p4 from another penalty for a front runner but he was quicker and soon took the place back. In the end I cruised home for p5 and 211 points. Now will have a minimum of 657 in the championship.

Last edited:
I had the 917 as my current car. When I enter either option I can only choose from the list of provided cars.

I’ll try entering with a different active car shortly.

Edit: Even if I enter with a different active car there’s no option to use my garage.

This is all very strange…
They disabled garage car for the event until the tuning bug is fixed. They've posted this online and pushed a news post about it.

Ran slot 3? Maybe in GT2 Oceania. Did a practice race last night as a laugh and didn't plan on running, but had some free time and thought it was worth a laugh.
Points were 107 for the win, so would have been my 4th best score if I miracled a win anyway, but entered so might as well run it. Somehow stuck a wonder lap on my second flyer and beat my best by well over a second to end up Q2. First left hander the polesitter runs wide and I gap through after starting on softs. Quickly realize the entire field is on mediums so settle into trying to be smooth and steady but quick. A couple of small mistakes lap 8 and 9 drop me back from a 6 second lead to p2 almost 3 behind when I pit end of lap 9. Come out p6 and drive ok but figure I'm fighting for crumbs

2 more pit and suddenly I'm fighting as p5 but fine with that, until the car refuses to turn on entry to a corner and I go wide and spin. Recover but now p7. Until the car refuses to brake the next lap for the downhill after the esses. With no reason. I was babying it and braked early, but nothing, just plows straight off track. Drop to p10. Until someone runs off and I get p9 then finish right on the bumper of p8. Thanks to someone not using mediums I get gifted p8.

But a horrible mess of a car with all sorts of weird issues including the random complete failure of grip I got twice.

Oh well. Should have skipped like I planned but had ok pace so will be happy with that.

Ran slot 3? Maybe in GT2 Oceania. Did a practice race last night as a laugh and didn't plan on running, but had some free time and thought it was worth a laugh.
Points were 107 for the win, so would have been my 4th best score if I miracled a win anyway, but entered so might as well run it. Somehow stuck a wonder lap on my second flyer and beat my best by well over a second to end up Q2. First left hander the polesitter runs wide and I gap through after starting on softs. Quickly realize the entire field is on mediums so settle into trying to be smooth and steady but quick. A couple of small mistakes lap 8 and 9 drop me back from a 6 second lead to p2 almost 3 behind when I pit end of lap 9. Come out p6 and drive ok but figure I'm fighting for crumbs

2 more pit and suddenly I'm fighting as p5 but fine with that, until the car refuses to turn on entry to a corner and I go wide and spin. Recover but now p7. Until the car refuses to brake the next lap for the downhill after the esses. With no reason. I was babying it and braked early, but nothing, just plows straight off track. Drop to p10. Until someone runs off and I get p9 then finish right on the bumper of p8. Thanks to someone not using mediums I get gifted p8.

But a horrible mess of a car with all sorts of weird issues including the random complete failure of grip I got twice.

Oh well. Should have skipped like I planned but had ok pace so will be happy with that.
It is a very strange car to drive. Sometimes it feels like applying the brake also causes the car to levitate so you can’t stop or steer.

Against my better judgement I decided to give this one a go and had some of the same issues with the car. Don’t know how or why PD set it up like this, it drives nothing like that normally (I use it quite often).

In a low B GT2 race I finished over a minute behind the leader. All I can take from it was that I wasn’t last.

EMEA, GT2, mid B/S

Surely not my combo, I have difficulties to get this car to turn, my FP times were not good. Gave it one shot just for completion purposes.
104 points lobby (quite high for me), door #14
In the qualifying I clocked 51.8 (which was on par with my best FP time) and that gave me 10th on the grid.
Started on RS. First corners were poor so I lost some positions, but due to penalties and others errors I was back to 10th by the end of the lap.
Drove carefully trying not to ruin anyones race, even gained a position due to someone's rage quit.
Overtook someone missing some apexes before lap 4, but got punted by the same person in turn 13 resulting in me going off track and loosing more positions (the punter waited for me to rejoin the race despite getting a penalty so kudos to him!).
Got back one place on lap 5, so still P9 and decided to pit on the end of lap 8 which was a mistake, cause I struggled with turning even more on this lap. Took RMs and continued on 12th place after exiting pits, managed to overtake two drivers pitting on the next lap, so back to 10th. Then another one ahead pitted and that allowed me to advance back to 9th.
I was slowly reeling in the one in 8th, but at the end my pace dropped and finished 9th.
GTWS24-Nations4-result.jpg

If it wasn't for the punt, 8th and no DR hit could be possible, but other than that I had no chance for anything more, not my type of car.

Despite still recovering from a night of 70's Metal I'm up bright and early at 6am to get some practice before the 9am race. It's clear everyone is having trouble getting the hang of this car track combo, so I figure if I can get upto speed before the first race of the day it could pay off well.

I was surprised an okay, but not great, qualifying lap put me 4th. I think my theory of everyone else struggling to get handle on this combo was right. The top 3 set times that make them look hard to beat, next two behind were close to my qualifying time so I expect them to be in the mix, the rest looked off the pace.

The race started off calmly up front with no change to the order. Given their qualifying times I was surprised to be keeping the top 3 in my sights, P5 was keeping me honest close behind, but not challenging for position. Everyone else had vanished from the long range radar.

End of lap 5 the leaders are fighting for position and a slight tap to the bumper sends P1 onto the grass at the 180 after the penalty zone. Upto P3 now, end of lap 6 P1 pits to ditch his softs very early on, a surprising move, I'd assumed during the race he was on mediums and switching to a softs, but nope!

So P2 for now it is, my softs are holding up nicely, looking to go beyond lap 10 if I can. End of lap 8 I'm into the lead as the current leader pits to ditch his softs.

I run another 4 laps on my own in the lead stretching my softs to lap 12 before pitting, coming out I see on the radar P3 coming past as I exit, and straight onto the grass he goes! Must have been startled by me appearing out the pits, I certainly wasn't in his way, he could easily have stuck to the usual line and been ahead.

P1 & P2 a fair way ahead, no one close behind so it's looking like a three lap cruise to take the last step on the podium. Not sure what was up, but P1 started to shed time, plus a 1.5s penalty and the fight was on for first. With me closing in on the pair, this could be a thrilling finish!

The end of the final lap and P1 and P2 swap positions briefly, then swap back on the final turn with me closing to within a second at the line. Frustratingly close to being able to capitalise on their fight, but not quite.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course Reverse__1.jpeg

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course Reverse_.jpeg

Very glad to be done in 1 with this race, not the greatest car, track combo and glad to be done with it.

Last edited:
Back