Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,087 comments
I was honestly shocked that I chased you down and got you at the line.
I was also shocked. Like where did it come from! All these laps you failed to get past me on the straight.

I had a decent or great exit after the final corner. That overtake was no slipstream magic. I bet it was all down to an explosive exit by you.

But for a controller player with AT and the bluntest of inputs (directional buttons + X/Square)
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Oh boy the Renault saga keeps on going awfully wrong. This track suits it really well. Managed to do a 32.7 in Free practice.

However...

Slot 1 208 pts
Best quali all afternoon with a 33.4. Q6
Couple of mistakes and two penalties and the race is over . P12

Slot 2 204 pts
Slow quali 33.7 Q8
Managed to fight my way to p4 and had a comfortable gap. Turn 4 was my nemesis today and ruined two possible good point runs . Lap 6 on the way 1.5s clear of p5 , ran wide on T4 and had to back off throttle to keep it pointing the right direction. Lose two places and .5 penalty. Penalty served in the uphill and two more places lost. P4 to P8 in a lap. Absolute ******** from me. Keep lapping but was so frustrated I couldnt keep my head down. Got p7 on the line with a .003 difference. Glorious photo finish, shame it was for p7.

150 pts and a great picture.
20970178682717064.jpg

Slot 3
Felt my pace was good enough for top5 in these lobbies so went again. Changed livery cause this one wasn't getting my any luck.
Q8 with 1.33.8

Lots of fighting the whole race and got punted wide on the last turn before the uphill by a Lexus when I was p6 with p5 on sight. P10 and 5s off the next car. No penalty issued. 4 laps remaining. I start the chase and manage to catch the Mercedes in P9.
Finish P9 for 136 pts.

Disastrous round which should have been my best but for some reason couldn't find the qualifying time. One shot was though mentally. That and people wanting to fight from lap one when you have similar pace. Could have been a great afternoon. It wasn't.

There s always the next one.

I was also shocked. Like where did it come from! All these laps you failed to get past me on the straight.

I had a decent or great exit after the final corner. That overtake was no slipstream magic. I bet it was all down to an explosive exit by you.
If you look at the replay, I ran wide and clipped the grass a bit on the corner exit. I must have been still close enough for the slipstream to be enough to get by. Even if I didn't get past you it would sill have been a great finish.

Well, I knew this was going to be a bad one for me and it was. Not even going to bother running it again.

NA GT1, slot 1.....Q'd in 14th (same as door number). Way off pace since I started doing practice laps earlier.

First turn a nice Brazilian driver decided to hit me once, twice, thrice until he made sure my left rear suspension was broken. Finished right where I started in 14th. Knew I should have skipped this round.

Well, thank you, but I think sub 39 is more of an alien territory.
But for a controller player with AT and the bluntest of inputs (directional buttons + X/Square) that is pretty damn good lap and I'm very pleased with that, too bad I couldn't show off with it at the race...
why do you use direction buttons?

18f69f8ece529-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

After the terrible first round, I wasn't very optimistic about this race. In fact, since the season's launch, this was the one I thought would be the worst for me.

In the end, I qualified 8th and finished 7th. Boring race, but at least a reasonable score. 261 points are good banker points, which I should have gotten in Round 1, but everything went wrong there. 😆

Unfortunately I picked BMW this time around because I have liked the GR.3 car recently. However the GR.4 drives like an absolute cow.

Started in P9, finished P11. I was eaten alive on the straights and made some mistakes. GR.4 cars on hard tires are awful, I avoid the combo on Daily Races so I have no idea why I thought I might fair better than the last round.
Same. The BMW is just too slow for top split GT2 lobbies. I spun in qualy, so started P16. I managed P10 finish but got easily passed a handful of times during the race. Not sure if I’ll give it another try tonight.

Against my better judgement I went ahead and did one of these tonight. After doing some more TT laps, I was getting pretty satisfied (best a 32.42 but was consistently hitting the 32.5s-32.6s) with them so I figured I'd give it a go.

First slot, GT1:

I like the 3 min quali session. I think PD did this to keep some drivers from getting a second qual lap while others wouldn't be able to. Having the ability to potentially get an extra lap in over your competition isn't fair to the group, and encourages everyone to try and get out asap and push to get the extra lap. Anyway, I digress.

Quali lap wasn't too bad given the extra weight of the car compared to TT. A 33.0 saw me start P10. Again, feel like I am fighting above my weight class (329 point lobby I think) but so it is. What I didn't like was a known dirty driver was starting right behind me.

At the start everyone gets away well and survives T1 and the Senna esses. Tight-knit group but no major contact, until the infield when dirty driver dives and hits my left rear quarter-panel on the hard left of the infield. Hard enough to push me out wide and almost lose the car, but thankfully no damage.

From there it was a lot of good, hard but clean (aka rubbin is racin but nothing dirty) racing with a few of us who were all together for the rest of the race. B would pass A, then C would pass A, then C would pass B, then A would pass B. A couple yellows towards the end (one due to said dirty driver taking out P5) saw some of the front runners now behind me. It was a Talon train as I was in full defense mode for the last two laps. Just trying my best to drive defensively and be in the way (which of course just bunches everyone up even more). Was able to stave off the charge for ~1.5 laps and on the infield of the final lap they started fighting each other - one of which spun - and that bought me what felt like a light-year of space behind (~1.0 seconds :lol:) compared to the previous few laps.

Honestly can't remember how everything went but Q10 to as low as P13 to finishing P8 for 233 points... and managed to gain DR... so yay for that? THat was a sweaty one. Not upset I did it, but glad it's over! No regerts. GGs

cb152ffbd78a069e5ecf7631d82e033d_photo.webp

c63c851286b89317b6a6b682d8fca8e7_photo.webp

0bc39eb1c5de3d09412cf83ee3e3d721_photo.webp

beb24c303f0cd5a93a08dcea36ae9272_photo.webp

I didn't have a good feeling about this. Most of my practice laps were in the 1:43 range, with the fastest just under 1:42. Worse, I had door #3 in the 7 pm CDT room, with only 19 points for the win. Naturally, I forewent qualifying. Pole was 1:42.2, while my average practice effort would have put me mid-pack. Instead, I started 15th, 1 of 2 to not take a time.

It was a sloppy race, not helped at all by a rammer who took me out early. I was fortunate to get back to 13th, and 9 points.

I had door #4 in the 8 pm race, with 16 points for the win. Somebody dropped out before the qualifier even started, which I skipped as usual, leaving me to start 15th. Pole this time was 1:42.1 from the same Subaru that had it last time, with 2nd at 1:42.9.

The race went a bit better, especially once I finally cleared the Mazda3 that had a terrible connection. I got to 7th, but couldn't quite get by the Porsche for 6th. The points haul was just a bit better at 12.

hoo boy.... Qualied Q8 slightly off my best (typical for me). 194pt(?) lobby. Race begins okay and we are settling in. Start of lap 3, turn 1(!), I am still P8 and bumper-to-bumper and brake a tad early (as one should here) but the car behind didn't get the memo (he should have been aware). Massive hit, bumper cars through the esses. Somehow I pop out of the melee in P7 but with aero and suspension damage.

My mood is grim.... But no one is catching me. I'm losing seconds+ per lap to those ahead, pick up P6 from a spinner, then P5 from a DNF (there were 5 dnfs!). A car is pacing me 0.5-1sec behind the rest of the race, making me stay alert. Finish P5! WTF?! Gotta be that everyone behind me was damaged as well. (Judging from my practice custom races, I was slightly more than a second off my pace due to damage)

That was the weirdest and most agonizing 10 laps. I couldn't wait for them to end. P5 feels just wrong, but yeah, I'll take it!

It's a good model in my opinion, ensures you have enough chances if you happen to disconnect/if people make your life harder, and also give you enough opportunities should you not have as much time to game as you'd want.

I don't understand why your previous points don't count!? I thought they accumulate. God damn I'm beyond livid. A clear win on the ring and dominate performance on Interlagos. All for nothing.

Will have to wait next year now.

I don't understand why your previous points don't count!?
Because it would mean that people who have lots of time (vacation, no job/school) would have a huge advantage over people who work and/or have a family and can't play as much.

Would be almost pointless to drive if you can only make one race while others have 3 or more chances to score.

I used to play a lot Elder Scrolls Online and had maybe 1 or 2 hours tops a day to play and i had no chance to ever get emporer in pvp because there were people who played 10-15hours or even more a day.

The system as it is now is good imo

Man what a day.. first, shout out and congrats to @Yard_Sale on the great race I think he took P2… Once again I had a terrible Qualifying session… the tires felt cold and I couldn’t get a feel… In TT I hit a 1:32.5 and during race practice I was no higher than 33.0.. I caught a penalty and it was over SMH….🤦🏾‍♂️ took P15….

IMG_8097.jpeg

The race went total opposite I put my head down and took what ever I can take… if someone slipped up I capitalized swiftly! The last 2 laps were crazy… I passed P5 in the middle of the first down hill turn. I also had an extremely fast guy who fell back from an early spin I had to hold off on the final lap… I was literally shaking and soaked from the sweat. Finished P5 for 224

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8099.jpeg

Same. The BMW is just too slow for top split GT2 lobbies. I spun in qualy, so started P16. I managed P10 finish but got easily passed a handful of times during the race. Not sure if I’ll give it another try tonight.
Yes, at one point I think I got passed by three Maclarens before the start/finish line.

I ran GT1 slot 2 in the Americas last night, driving for Dodge. I was door #12, with 163 points up for grabs.

I had low expectations for the race. My FP time was at the bottom of my friends list. All the lobby races I'd done for practice ended with me at the back, lucky to finish before the timer ran out. Imagine my surprise when I qualified Q4 with a time of 1:33.6, a tenth better than my best FP lap. A bunch of thoughts raced through my mind, but most were along the lines of oh, crap, this isn't the race I practiced for.

gtws-mc-rd2-start.jpg

The race got off to a clean start. For that first lap, my nerves were terrible, I'd been expecting to run some relaxing laps around the back of the pack, not competing for a top-5 spot. I was braking way too early and not feeling at all smooth on the controls, but somehow I made it through without any serious problems, and settled into a 4-way battle for P3.

gtws-mc-rd2-battle-1.jpg

It was tight, hectic racing. By lap 5, I'd dropped to the back of this group in P6, but was still managing to keep up.

Then came lap 6. I braked too late going into the Esses and had to steer off into the green stuff to avoid colliding into the red Porsche -- I still glanced them, but it wasn't enough to inflict damage on either of us, thankfully. I got the re-entry all wrong and crossed the street to drive on the green stuff over there. By this point, the mob had caught up and were easily passing me. With my dirty tires, I went wide at T4 and picked up a track-limit penalty. My next trip through the Esses, I was in P13.

It came as a bit of a relief, though. This is the race I had been expecting. I settled into a three-way battle for P11 with a Genesis and a Honda.
gtws-mc-rd2-battle-2.jpg

That lasted until lap 10, when the Genesis rear-ended the Honda at T4, getting a 2-second penalty. The Genesis slowed down to let the Honda by on the straight towards Ferradura, but it seemed the Honda driver wanted vengeance more than their spot back. They rear-ended the Genesis. When that failed to knock the Genesis off the course, the Honda went full torpedo-mode on the Genesis at T8, taking them both out.

With them out of the way, I set to work catching the car ahead. They had damage, so I was steadily gaining on them. Along the way, I picked up a spot from a car that went off. Now in P10, I caught up with the car ahead going into the final lap. We had a great battle for P9 on that final lap. We must have exchanged places three of four times.

gtws-mc-rd2-battle-3.jpg

I was finally able to get the move done at Pinheirinho. Into P9.

Another car went off at Juncao, though, so I was promoted once more to finish in P8 for 116 points.

This race turned out to be a lot of fun, and a much better result than I was expecting. I'm glad I was able to do it.

Last edited:
Against my better judgement I went ahead and did one of these tonight. After doing some more TT laps, I was getting pretty satisfied (best a 32.42 but was consistently hitting the 32.5s-32.6s) with them so I figured I'd give it a go.

First slot, GT1:

I like the 3 min quali session. I think PD did this to keep some drivers from getting a second qual lap while others wouldn't be able to. Having the ability to potentially get an extra lap in over your competition isn't fair to the group, and encourages everyone to try and get out asap and push to get the extra lap. Anyway, I digress.

Quali lap wasn't too bad given the extra weight of the car compared to TT. A 33.0 saw me start P10. Again, feel like I am fighting above my weight class (329 point lobby I think) but so it is. What I didn't like was a known dirty driver was starting right behind me.

At the start everyone gets away well and survives T1 and the Senna esses. Tight-knit group but no major contact, until the infield when dirty driver dives and hits my left rear quarter-panel on the hard left of the infield. Hard enough to push me out wide and almost lose the car, but thankfully no damage.

From there it was a lot of good, hard but clean (aka rubbin is racin but nothing dirty) racing with a few of us who were all together for the rest of the race. B would pass A, then C would pass A, then C would pass B, then A would pass B. A couple yellows towards the end (one due to said dirty driver taking out P5) saw some of the front runners now behind me. It was a Talon train as I was in full defense mode for the last two laps. Just trying my best to drive defensively and be in the way (which of course just bunches everyone up even more). Was able to stave off the charge for ~1.5 laps and on the infield of the final lap they started fighting each other - one of which spun - and that bought me what felt like a light-year of space behind (~1.0 seconds :lol:) compared to the previous few laps.

Honestly can't remember how everything went but Q10 to as low as P13 to finishing P8 for 233 points... and managed to gain DR... so yay for that? THat was a sweaty one. Not upset I did it, but glad it's over! No regerts. GGs

cb152ffbd78a069e5ecf7631d82e033d_photo.webp

c63c851286b89317b6a6b682d8fca8e7_photo.webp

0bc39eb1c5de3d09412cf83ee3e3d721_photo.webp

beb24c303f0cd5a93a08dcea36ae9272_photo.webp
I feel like we're in the same position, operating above our talent level, but somehow getting results. When you hit those 300 point lobbies, everyone knows what they're doing and as a result there aren't any easy races. Gaining DR is still a victory of sorts. Well done!

Let's see.
I missed slot 2 at 8p thinking it was 9. I had to wait till 10, Oh well.
I got my FP time down to 32.9

169 point lobby door 3.
I went out first in quali and picked up a 0.5 pen on T4 on my hot lap. Quali P11 with 34.965.
IMG_2686.jpeg

I make it to P9 in first turn but it pushed wide from someone that went off and get passed by 3 on the back straight. Down to P12.
I quickly get P11 back. I slowly work my way up through the pack. Some small errors but no more penalties. I end up finishing P6. Definetly felt like I could have closer to P3 and for sure if I didn't botch quali. Oh well 134 either way.
IMG_2687.jpeg
IMG_2689.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2685.jpeg
    IMG_2685.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2688.jpeg
    IMG_2688.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It was a Talon train as I was in full defense mode for the last two laps. Just trying my best to drive defensively and be in the way (which of course just bunches everyone up even more). Was able to stave off the charge for ~1.5 laps and on the infield of the final lap they started fighting each other - one of which spun - and that bought me what felt like a light-year of space behind (~1.0 seconds :lol:) compared to the previous few laps.
"Alllll abooooooaaaaard!"

Big props to MotionBlur (who was definitely faster then me; only reason I was ahead is because he had a spin just before the video starts) for keeping things clean. The Aston caused a bit of a mess on the infield on the last lap and the GTR ran the AMG a bit wide on an exit. Karma would catch up to the Aston shortly thereafter. But, those last two laps were intense. Again, just trying to be in the way, park the apex, etc while leaving the space as necessary.

Big props to MotionBlur (who was definitely faster then me; only reason I was ahead is because he had a spin just before the video starts) for keeping things clean. The Aston caused a bit of a mess on the infield on the last lap and the GTR ran the AMG a bit wide on an exit. Karma would catch up to the Aston shortly thereafter. But, those last two laps were intense. Again, just trying to be in the way, park the apex, etc while leaving the space as necessary.

Your turbo windshield banner on your non turbo Gr3 911 RSR is triggering me :P

I saw I few derailments in the Talon train...

Last edited:
Back