Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,084 comments
Your turbo windshield banner on your non turbo Gr3 911 RSR is triggering me :P
Yea, I get that 100%. But the livery (made by someone else and lightly modified by me) is a throwback to my younger years, to when my dad and I used to race Tyco slot cars. He was always the Porsche and I was always the Vette. I still have them both. As you can see they're pretty beat up with my Vette body being held together by epoxy. :lol: I am 99.99% sure the windshield banner on the Porsche (back when it had a windshield) said "turbo" across the top. That's literally the only reason I left it cuz I'm with you, that would otherwise bother me! The nostalgia is a smidge stronger than the trigger in this case lol

An easy example is I don't use tire brands' stickers on my liveries. Because, even if I have Goodyear tires on the car with Goodyear decals, if I use that car for a GTWS event the tires are changed to Michelin. Can't be having Michelin tires on a car with Goodyear decals. So, yea... I get it.

Resized_20221004_070447.jpeg

When I saw that Porsche livery, the nostalgia was too much so I made one for the Vette. Usually I swap liveries somewhat frequently as to keep things fresh, but I just can't get myself to change these two.

7bf34ce689de9736fba5a511ddce259c_photo.webp

ETA - Found a picutre of someone else's in much better shape, and you can see the turbo across the banner...

1715530572447.png

Last edited:
My first race as an A+ and it couldn’t have gone much worse. Really peed off.

View attachment 1354664

Qualy didn’t go too bad with a 7th although my lap was about 0.8 slower than my free practice of 32.5. Didn’t realise you only get 3 minutes!! One lap shoot out.

Lap 3 or 4 got front and rear damage in a concertina jam in midfield and that was the end of that. Dropped like a stone. DFL :(
Your in the video of Rory (EERRIEISSS) Alexander on youtube. Special mention for your balsy move in R1T1!

Last edited:
Soooo....Round 2 in the GR.4 cars at Autódromo de Interlagos went as well as one could hope for. I'm in GT2 league not quite GT1 yet derp lol.

Still some bad ramming and push passes but hey I am proud of what I did, only got one shot at it early at around 11am so left it as it was, as I had other responibilties the rest of my day on the 11th. Qualified in 6th, finished 5th although could have gotten 3rd or 4th but fiddlesticks, Points have helped my ranking more, was 3rd but higher back up in the chevy clan.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511100832.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511100848.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511100707.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511100910.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511103238.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511103925.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511102836.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511214835.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511103735.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240511220000.jpg

Onto Round 3! LFG! Deep in the forest lies a coner somewhere!

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511215930.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511215930.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511214831.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511214831.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1
For the first time since I started playing the game again I did some practice laps and races. I qualified on pole as a result. On lap 3 I made an arse of Is That Glock corner and 2nd place passed me. I had a few goes at trying to get past him but couldn't manage it. I was faster through the first two sectors, he always got a better run going up the hill at the end of the lap. Skipping through each lap in the replay basically every one of them looks like this:

Autódromo de Interlagos_.jpeg

Of course it would be another GT-R that beats me. There was a Porsche in 3rd that never really got near us. Fun enough race, the Gr.4 GT-R is so much better than it was in GT Sport.

ZEE
Soooo....Round 2 in the GR.4 cars at Autódromo de Interlagos went as well as one could hope for. I'm in GT2 league not quite GT1 yet derp lol.

Still some bad ramming and push passes but hey I am proud of what I did, only got one shot at it early at around 11am so left it as it was, as I had other responibilties the rest of my day on the 11th. Qualified in 6th, finished 5th although could have gotten 3rd or 4th but fiddlesticks, Points have helped my ranking more, was 3rd but higher back up in the chevy clan.
It appears we ran the same race, although that was one of my "meh" races where I qualified with penalty on my timed lap and in the race it just went wrong.
Always had a soft spot for that blue Corvette livery - you were standing out!

It appears we ran the same race, although that was one of my "meh" races where I qualified with penalty on my timed lap and in the race it just went wrong.
Always had a soft spot for that blue Corvette livery - you were standing out!
That's cool dude, glad to race wth you, share some snaps if you wish. Hopefully we race again in round 3 man! LFG!

Pretty happy with my efforts in Rd 2 at Interlagos. Door 16 in a solid Asia Pacific lobby worth 290 points or so.

Put in my best lobby laptime for qualifying with a 1.32.9 for 3rd on the grid behind a Porsche and a 4C on pole.

Another really clean, enjoyable race with some very respectful driving. Settled into P3 and stayed within 2 seconds of the lead for most of the race…P4 got a run on me down the second straight into T4, but I got on the brakes early and got him back on the exit after he went a touch too deep. Finished with a solid podium and 250ish points in the Chickadee Lexus ☺️

Attachments

• 18218029-5C40-4751-98A4-EF18CB888D5C.png
    18218029-5C40-4751-98A4-EF18CB888D5C.png
    403.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1AEB1C28-D420-46C4-948C-997FE17B8F64.png
    1AEB1C28-D420-46C4-948C-997FE17B8F64.png
    372 KB · Views: 1
Nicolas Romero (and thus Genesis EMEA) has lost his points from Manufacturers Round 1 for pushing another driver in another slot (this occured in slot 2, his points were from slot 3):

I just lost all 442 points from the first round of manufacturers for this.
THAT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME SLOT THAT GOT THE POINTS

YOU ARE A MAFIA
@thegranturismo
---

EDIT: Another driver with same penalty:

Last edited:
I don't understand why your previous points don't count!? I thought they accumulate. God damn I'm beyond livid. A clear win on the ring and dominate performance on Interlagos. All for nothing.

Will have to wait next year now.
They could still both count depending on the rest of your races. Don't loose heart.
An easy example is I don't use tire brands' stickers on my liveries. Because, even if I have Goodyear tires on the car with Goodyear decals, if I use that car for a GTWS event the tires are changed to Michelin. Can't be having Michelin tires on a car with Goodyear decals. So, yea... I get it.
Same, though slightly different. I use Dunlop on my normal livery. But when I get the car for the GTWS I have to switch them for Michelin ones.
Nicolas Romero (and thus Genesis EMEA) has lost his points from Manufacturers Round 1 for pushing another driver in another slot (this occured in slot 2, his points were from slot 3):

---

Wow, both seem harsh especially Nico's.
^If PD mad about that, they're definitely not paying an ounce of attention to the rest of our races.
We're just insignificant specks to PD. Numbers at most.

There's been a whole swathe of these, going back earlier in the month even to TGRGT Cup R1.

It does seem to be exclusively "top split" (ugh) GT1 races affected though, and there's not even any particular consistency. I've seen one incident where a GTWS finalist was obviously at fault for precipitating it - in an extremely minor, racing incident way - with contact causing another GTWS finalist to run off track, but their points remain logged while the points were stripped from a non-GTWS finalist driver who was caught out by the incident and made a secondary contact with no greater effects.

They should base it on driver reports. If they're worried on getting too many reports they can implement a system to avoid reporting situations where no harm was done.

Was hoping to have a good round at Interlagos. Historically it's been an awful track for me, but recently it's somehow been one of the rounds that's given me some of my best results. Well, apparently I'm back to sucking at it again, because I had no pace in practice and that translated to the race.

Slot 1: Qualified 15th of 16 and finished 14th, only passing 1 car that made a mistake. I think I briefly made it up to 13th due to another mistake from someone else, but they eventually got by me.

Slot 2: Qualified with a 32.0 for P7, my best time and qualifying position of the night. Moved up to P6 when someone ahead got loose in the esses, only to have the car behind lag-cannoned into me at the exit of T4, giving me rear damage and them front damage. Race over.

Slot 3: Qualified 11th, moved up to 9th, once again due to other's mistakes rather than my own pace, then lost 9th place on the last lap when I got a poor exit out of T4 (thanks Corvette) and managed to go side-by-side with an RXV for the next 4 corners before I had to concede the position at the penultimate corner and finished 10th for 192 points. Hopefully I'll have some decent luck at Deep Forest since I should have some pace there...

---

It's caused a bit of a reshuffle in the standings. Genesis drop to 17th (which doesn't really matter to them as a partner), McLaren go from 13th to 15th.

Very early days but still interesting to see which manufacturers are benefitting & losing from GT1 being a Gr3 only championship.

Audi - GT1 2nd, GT2 14th
BMW - GT1 3rd, GT2 13th
Mazda - GT1 4th, GT2 23rd
Ferrari - GT1 6th, GT2 15th
Honda - GT1 11th, GT2 21st
Peugeot - GT1 13th, GT2 25th

McLaren - GT1 15th, GT2 4th
Nissan - GT1 18th, GT2 7th
Mitsubishi - GT1 20th, GT2 11th
Citroen - GT1 22nd, GT2 6th

Last edited:
It's caused a bit of a reshuffle in the standings. Genesis drop to 17th (which doesn't really matter to them as a partner), McLaren go from 13th to 15th.

Very early days but still interesting to see which manufacturers are benefitting & losing from GT1 being a Gr3 only championship.

Audi - GT1 2nd, GT2 14th
BMW - GT1 3rd, GT2 13th
Mazda - GT1 4th, GT2 23rd
Ferrari - GT1 6th, GT2 15th
Honda - GT1 11th, GT2 21st
Peugeot - GT1 13th, GT2 25th

McLaren - GT1 15th, GT2 4th
Nissan - GT1 18th, GT2 7th
Mitsubishi - GT1 20th, GT2 11th
Citroen - GT1 22nd, GT2 6th
So PD are policing Top split races!? Interesting! Looks like a Danny and Nico are on the no fly list as things stand. Is this going to be a consistent thing, or just for those who are in genuine contention for a world tour finals place?

If PD are going this route, I reckon this only adds to the arguments people have made in the past about adding a fourth league intended for those who are truly serious about trying to qualify for the GTWS finals, then make GT1 more casual-friendly. I know @Tidgney made a video talking about problems with the GTWS setup recently and suggested that.

Those both look like racing incidents IMO. If they want driving standards to be that strict at the highest level and the game's in-built penalty system isn't up to the job, they should have people actually stewarding those races like at the live events.

Just been reading all the GTWS drama from R1.
I see Nico and Wigneswaran both lost the R1 results. Neither of the incidents in my view were total loss points.
Nico one from the footage hard to see if that was a push to pass. Small contact was definitely made.
The Wigneswaran one was ridiculous. Side by side on the Nordschleife, and the other car clips a kerb, then side contact with Wigneswaran and then goes off into the barriers. As Wigneswaran stayed on track they obviously deemed he was a fault. 100% racing incident that, plus the stupid crash physics of this game.

Never play GT Sport so GT7 is my first real online sim racing game, and so far I've been unimpressed with the way PD go about there business with this "eSports competition" (if you can even call it that?)
Points system is a joke! People qualifying from Split 3 as the points are higher by winning that race then racing split 1 and finishing P6.
Having 3 time slots too is a bit of a joke. All other eSports series do proper racing. 5-10 mins Qualifying, then min 60mins race. But they have 30/40 cars on track and just 1 single race. The limited 16 car slot doesn't help, but why the need for 3 slots is crazy.
The lack of stewarding/reporting system is just not great either. The only way I found that you can report a player is to message Mikail Hizel and then you never know if a player has received a penalty, warning or ban.

I love taking part in the GTWS event as I love the competition side of the game. Gaining points from racing and battling it out with everyone else in your region, but the way PD go about things is just totally wrong

The Wigneswaran one was ridiculous. Side by side on the Nordschleife, and the other car clips a kerb, then side contact with Wigneswaran and then goes off into the barriers. As Wigneswaran stayed on track they obviously deemed he was a fault. 100% racing incident that, plus the stupid crash physics of this game.
While I generally agree that it's hardly worth a zero, from the footage provided there were at least two side-on contacts first, and there wasn't enough room left between the left side of the Genesis and the left side of the track. It looks like a big old squeeze from the Genesis, on the Genesis's own replay.

However, that's also just one driver's view and not the "master", which is what the penalties will be based on.

While I generally agree that it's hardly worth a zero, from the footage provided there were at least two side-on contacts first, and there wasn't enough room left between the left side of the Genesis and the left side of the track. It looks like a big old squeeze from the Genesis, on the Genesis's own replay.

However, that's also just one driver's view and not the "master", which is what the penalties will be based on.
This raises a VERY interesting question. If the “master” view shows he left only half a car’s width so he gets penalized, but his view shows he left more than a car’s width that surely can’t be penalized?

If PD are going this route, I reckon this only adds to the arguments people have made in the past about adding a fourth league intended for those who are truly serious about trying to qualify for the GTWS finals, then make GT1 more casual-friendly.
Yessir. I for one (and maybe others as well) have made that argument on the idea. But, as typical, fallen on deaf ears. Not that I think PD will read my post and implement the idea, but it's unfortunate they've done nothing on their own to this point.

I'd still love to see something like this, and for Dog's sake PD give the GT1 people more time slots! That would also help the GT1 league be more casual as well as people won't feel as pressured being available for only one timeslot (like yours truly).

Agreed 100%, as do many here. This whole thing needs a shakeup.

GT3 - DR C and below
GT2 - DR A & B
GT1 - A+ to 75%A+
GTX - 76%A+ to S

DR A and a chunk of A+ drivers aren't qualifying for GTWS; there just aren't enough points available in even an all mid-A+ lobby races to do so. So put them in GT1 with all of the time slots available. The high A+ players and S players are the ones really contending, so they can keep the three timeslots as they will make the time to catch at least one of them. The rest of us are casuals and do some races in-between life events.

So yea, three slots in the evening/night hours on a Saturday? Come on PD.

The current system is so bad. Let's be honest with each other here... only the best of the best of the best are going to qualify for GTWS. Like super high A+ rated drivers, 90k+ DR points. There needs to be a separate GT-X category for them.

GT2 and GT3 can stay the same. GT1 is for A (IMO, it's the A ranked drivers that really get screwed) and A+ drivers up to 75k DR (which is half way through A+, right?). These GT1 races can be the longer stints with the different strats/quali stuff if PD really want that, but they should still have a bunch of time slots; one per hour just like GT2/3. If the GT1 events run over an hour then so be it, but keep the one per hour slots available.

GTX would then be for the people who have a legit chance to qualify for GTWS and would be for 75k DR+. They can still have the three slots as these people would make time to hit one or more of them.

PD really dropped the ball with the three slots for all of the GT1 people. A lot of people are dropping their DRs to enter GT2 and I am one of them. I just can't often make the three slots for the GT1 class. I mentioned earlier, this is the 2nd Manu I've done where I enter a GT2 race and EVERYONE is an A rank (one on the US side and one on the EMEA side from previous manu) a couple of which were 75% the way thru A. PD has painted a lot of people into a corner to if they want to do a race then they have to go to GT2 level to do it.

Last edited:
So many things wrong with those penaltys...

Wrong call, excesive punishment, players not knowing there was a human race director, players not knowing how severe those punishments could be, the rest of us having to deal with a system where you can't even report people who just want to ruin races...

Also, how can PD say Wigneswaran "violated the Gran Turismo 7 Online Service Agreement"? Having a racing incident is against the agreement?

So many things wrong with those penaltys...

Wrong call, excesive punishment, players not knowing there was a human race director, players not knowing how severe those punishments could be, the rest of us having to deal with a system where you can't even report people who just want to ruin races...

Also, how can PD say Wigneswaran "violated the Gran Turismo 7 Online Service Agreement"? Having a racing incident is against the agreement?
Are they watching specific players? Does Danny have a history of dirty driving? Maybe this points removal is accumulative, based on previous races? On paper it looks like an isolated incident, but we don't see all of Danny's races from previous seasons. I'm not saying it's right, just asking a question...

Last edited:
This raises a VERY interesting question. If the “master” view shows he left only half a car’s width so he gets penalized, but his view shows he left more than a car’s width that surely can’t be penalized?
That's not really how it works.

A driver's own view of his own positioning is right. His view of the other car's (or cars') positioning(s) is not necessarily right. Thus what the Genesis saw of the Genesis was where the Genesis was, but what it saw of where the McLaren was is not necessarily right - and what the McLaren saw of the McLaren was right, but what it saw of where the Genesis was is not necessarily right.

The "master" view would have both drivers' positionings right, regardless of what each perceived of the other.

There's an additional annoying problem from stripping points. The person who finished behind Nico didn't get the larger points after the penalty I imagine so they lose out, Nico lost out nobody really gains.

The big thing for me and I know a few of you have already said this, but opening up penalties like this is showing an us/them and as @Zorz mentioned, I talked about the issues currently at play and 1 slot specific for esports would help solve this and they can have live steward it. Here's that video if you are interested;

I do feel like GTWS has gone completely backwards with it's current format. 2018 has always been my favourite year of competing (Whether casual or not). A lot of the changes that have happened feel like plasters on top of plasters when fundamental problems need to be fixed. I love the competition though and really want it to succeed and allow anyone who wants to take part to do so, while also following the lead drivers with their journeys and look upto them.

Latest Posts

Back