Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,222 comments
Thanks, I’m sure it must be published somewhere but I was very confused.
Details of all the timeslots and other rules are here

11am to 3pm, then 6pm-10pm British Summer Time
So, racing is not allowed in Europe while the British are having their afternoon tea. Gotcha!

-------

I keep getting impressed by how remarkably clean my lobbies are, even at tracks with multiple dive bomb spots. It was a very relaxed race for me. Just chasing the guy in front of me with constant 2 sec gap for pretty much all of the 20 laps.

This Nissan ahead of me did not see that he was shutting the door on the Ferrari, resulting in me gaining two free spots. I hate that I don't get mirrors in the chase cam. If PD is happy with PS3-era scenery, why can't they give us PS3-era mirrors. The proximity sensor is not great for spotting dive bombers (not that I saw any in this race).
1715793212069.png

The one-stopper strategy kept the race mildly entertaining. Fingers crossed that the next race has rain, otherwise the sprint on hard tires is gonna be a snoozefest.

Last edited:
Another round to forget.. Started on mediums after Q14, The last 6 or 7 cars were stuck before the start so the guys in front had a headstart of over 15s. Great 😞

Had a fight with 3 drivers and got punted twice.

Pitted in lap 10 in P9.

Was in P6 the last laps and was punted again in T1 of the last lap. The guy waited but with (temporary) damage I had no chance and he passed me quickly after that. Really annoyed with the amount off punting lately.

Attachments

• 18f7d5a789739-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18f7d5a789739-screenshotUrl.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I did a practice race in the GT-R. It was fairly unremarkable. Then I read this:

Attention all Nissan runners

If you're struggling for the last bit of pace in the contract car (2018 GTR), like I was, try the 2013 version - in my hands it was on average 0.7s per lap quicker. It wears the tyres out quicker (12 laps on RS against the 2018's 15) but it generates so much more grip that I was doing 2018 RS laptimes on RM anyway!

It's in brand central rather than legends, and as a bonus is "only" Cr450k (2018 is Cr650k).

Visit your nearest Brand Central Nissan Dealer today etc etc etc.
I did a few practice laps with the '18 car. I did two laps with the '13 and went .2 quicker. Well, at least I know what the Big Boi is like...

Qualified 8th after I only got one shot at a lap. I was a good three seconds or so behind a Ukrainian guy, only for him to suddenly lag as I crossed the start/finish line and ended up ghosted inside of him. He was using the name Boomerang as well so I at least got a laugh at the irony. I actually qualified 7th but then someone else set the exact same time as me and I got bumped down. Marks off for PD here since this isn't how it happens in real life.

It seems like there was a mix of tyres up and down the whole grid, which led to an absolute shambles in the opening laps. Each of the following pictures is from a different lap, 1 to 4:

Deep Forest Raceway__4.jpeg

Deep Forest Raceway__3.jpeg

Deep Forest Raceway__2.jpeg

Deep Forest Raceway__1.jpeg

Fortunately, every time we came out of the hairpin I was reminded of just how good the GT-R is in a line. It's untouchable. The pack you see there eventually broke up in the infield in lap 5. If someone is going over top split replays like Randall Weems and getting people disqualified, get them down here in the pub leagues where people still use steering assist and don't know what they're doing.

I escaped all of this and was in 6th. I stayed in 6th until a guy in a Supra pitted on lap 10 and went from soft to soft, then pitted on lap 12 and switched to mediums. Then I finished in 5th

Deep Forest Raceway_.jpeg

What a car. What a livery (the colours are masked, the green is metallic)

Definitely a one-and-done, good grief. My race was fairly enjoyable most of the way through but ended up being infuriating at the end. Thankfully not as bad as it could have been however.

I qualified P6 in the Alfa and went for a 9M/11S. In hindsight I could potentially have made that Soft stint a lap or two longer, the degradation in the race wasn't as bad as I had experienced practicing the combo. The start of the race was a bit sketchy as the Audi starting P4 got all wobbly going through the S-bends in sector 1. Really not what you want to see when everyone's bunched up. :scared:

My pace compared to the front pack was slightly lacking and I started falling away, although when it came time to pit I discovered that most of them had started on the Softs. That gave me some hope of pushing back up to them, but as I came out of the pits I found myself behind a (very laggy) Hyundai who wound up fighting with the Audi. I thought I'd just emerged in backmarker traffic and was expecting him to pit since I really wasn't confident about trying to pass someone who's teleporting around a bit. Time rolled on though and he wasn't pitting, so I was just getting more and more bemused with each lap. It turns out he'd started on the Mediums and pit for the Softs several laps earlier, so it was actually a huge undercut.

I did eventually clear him at the beginning of lap 15 after his fight with the Audi ended due to the Audi understeering into the bridge wall and picking up damage, but by then I felt like I'd lost my chance of reeling in the people I had intended to chase. One of the Porsches did fall back pacewise and ended up in a 3-way fight with another Porsche and myself.

Then lap 20 started. This is where the race suddenly switched from being fun to very, very annoying.

I was not at all happy at losing 2 positions to the Hyundai and Mitsubishi like that. The saving grace was that I didn't pick up damage. I managed to stick close to them, get a good exit off the hairpin and the Alfa's slipstream power let me barely steal P4 back on the line.

Gran Turismo 7 - Manufacturers Round 3_2024-05-15_19-26-04.png

1715798730834.png

(go go slanted VR results screen!)

P4, 206 points and a clean race bonus despite the last lap nonsense. I honestly reckon I could have taken P3 if not for all of that, but meh. :rolleyes: It's still a good result, I'm not risking it.

1715798898469.png

VR view replay:

Last edited:
I am so done with this game, absolutely sick and tired of drivers who knock you and block you and eventually spin you out.

Left my world series race there after 6 or so laps but I was up against it from the first lap trying to avoid idiots.

I love this game but I can't deal with these idiots anymore and yes sadly, there is nothing you can do about it.

First attempt: Q8/P11, mostly because I forgot you could more or less go flat-out into the pits and got rear-ended. Unsatisfactory.

Second attempt: Q4/P7. Decided to start on softs since I had such a nice starting position. Plus I figured I’d just see how long I can last on them before I really feel like I needed to switch to mediums, beyond the mandatory change. Eh, I’ll take it.

EDIT: These latter three rounds look like fun, too, for what it's worth, especially the one at the Daytona road course that requires a pit-stop.

Last edited:
GT1 Lobby Eu 8pm

Pole by 0.014

2nd by 0.099

THAT IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!

little naughty on last corner but il let it go...il put the barrier glance down to net code

Because after all . Racing like that is the holy grail. No penalties. No bashing. Nothing. Just alternate strategies and twitchy back ends

Last edited by a moderator:
Not very confident with the GT3-entered Lexus after practice races so went with the GT2-entry Chevrolet instead.

Qualified P10 with a meh 27.8. Started on the mediums and just tried to avoid trouble at first. Lost a few places and pitted end of lap 5 - way too early for this car, not as easy on the rubber as my practice RC F.

Softs not as much of an advantage as I’d hoped, but still made my way up from 15th to 6th by lap 14. The podium battle was only 3 seconds up the road but I couldn’t close that final gap and the front right really started to die starting lap 17. Completely gone the last couple of laps. Chasers caught up and I let them through to crash with each other (I’d seen their dirty brake checking and divebombs earlier). Plan worked, they took each other out on the last lap and I finished a respectable P7.

Definitely a one-and-done, good grief. My race was fairly enjoyable most of the way through but ended up being infuriating at the end. Thankfully not as bad as it could have been however.

I qualified P6 in the Alfa and went for a 9M/11S. In hindsight I could potentially have made that Soft stint a lap or two longer, the degradation in the race wasn't as bad as I had experienced practicing the combo. The start of the race was a bit sketchy as the Audi starting P4 got all wobbly going through the S-bends in sector 1. Really not what you want to see when everyone's bunched up. :scared:

My pace compared to the front pack was slightly lacking and I started falling away, although when it came time to pit I discovered that most of them had started on the Softs. That gave me some hope of pushing back up to them, but as I came out of the pits I found myself behind a (very laggy) Hyundai who wound up fighting with the Audi. I thought I'd just emerged in backmarker traffic and was expecting him to pit since I really wasn't confident about trying to pass someone who's teleporting around a bit. Time rolled on though and he wasn't pitting, so I was just getting more and more bemused with each lap. It turns out he'd started on the Mediums and pit for the Softs several laps earlier, so it was actually a huge undercut.

I did eventually clear him at the beginning of lap 15 after his fight with the Audi ended due to the Audi understeering into the bridge wall and picking up damage, but by then I felt like I'd lost my chance of reeling in the people I had intended to chase. One of the Porsches did fall back pacewise and ended up in a 3-way fight with another Porsche and myself.

Then lap 20 started. This is where the race suddenly switched from being fun to very, very annoying.

I was not at all happy at losing 2 positions to the Hyundai and Mitsubishi like that. The saving grace was that I didn't pick up damage. I managed to stick close to them, get a good exit off the hairpin and the Alfa's slipstream power let me barely steal P4 back on the line.

View attachment 1355680

View attachment 1355681
(go go slanted VR results screen!)

P4, 206 points and a clean race bonus despite the last lap nonsense. I honestly reckon I could have taken P3 if not for all of that, but meh. :rolleyes: It's still a good result, I'm not risking it.

View attachment 1355682

VR view replay:

Not only no damage from that, but ultimately no positions lost, and no stupid penalty for "forcing a car off track"! Plus you got that epic photo finish out of it!

Last edited:
The Renault Saga episode 3

A bit of a redemption arc for this french underpowered titan.
Best time on fp was a 25.7
Q3 with 1.26.2

Decided to start on mediums as it made the most sense to me at the time. Think I was wrong.

This car chews the rear tyres really fast. Had to go 10-10 as in practice any lower would have a dead rear right with more than one lap left.

Top 2 started softs and ran away and I started to get engulfed in some more soft runners behind. Couple of penalties and P8 by lap 11 with fresh softs. From here on was push mode but the damage was already done. Too much time lost fighting , and boy does this car need more power. Whenever I got a worse run into the straights I was dead meat and would be overtaken before the end of the straights. So the cars behind always felt invited to overtake.

P6 by the end as the fresh softs allowed me to pick up 2 positions near the end.

This car just lacks overall pace. I have to be perfect to even battle the Porsches.

Not bad I'll stick with it. 162 pts and best season finish so far.

I think the dude in first might be on an alt account as I ve ran into him several times this season and he won every single one by a large margin.

18f7e0200ab71-screenshotUrl.jpg

Going into the race I just had one goal: don't bin it in the infield. These Esses were constantly killing me, never was I able to do a practice race or time trail where I didn't at least once spin.

Secondly I hoped that by giving maximum room to anyone whe believed they were faster, I'd have another enjoyable race experience without getting killed.

It all turned out like I hoped. Maybe I overestimated the race conditions because In practice the tyres seemed to go much faster than during the race.

Furthermore I decided to screw this: "your not a real driver" bs and allow myself to drive with ASM and Counter Steer on weak. I'm calling it Empowerment!

With all of these measures into place I actually qualified a bit higher than expected: P7. Never expected to keep it though. And indeed, within a lap or 2 I dropped 5 places. But that was absolutely fine. The passes were clean, here and there I'd have a small battle and all along the way I'd drive by some smuck who binned his/her Esses and/or hairpins only to be caught up by them since the difference in pace was just too big.

For the final round I was in a good battle with a guy trading places back and forth, and although he refused to let me by on track I still got his P10 'cause he picked up a penalty exceeding track limits on the back straight trying to escape me.

So, P10 and all is good. On to the next "survivor" and after that, hopefully, it's my turn to shine.

Well.......todays race was very cool, epic style and I Raced me socks off!

Logged onto the 11am session and did some practicing at 10am beforehand to get my Corvette C7R up to speed and check the tire combos for the required tyre change in this race. In Free practice I cracked a godo tiem of 1.27.000 dead and then went onto the free run once entered.

So I started to qualify and just could not quite match the pace but did an ok 1:27.5 in qualifying short session. I also choose a very intresting Digit livery that seem to be my good omen during the race which was quite fun and I love the style of it!

Ok on to the race now! Starting in 5th from qualifying, I had to work my way up the top quite quickly. I started to attack the upper cars very quickly including a Romanian driver named Ironick in the 458, more on that later. Over the first lap as carnage ensued and argy bargys everywhere, I made my way up to 2nd place, then on lap 2, caught the 1st place guy who had gotten a time penalty that allowed me to captilise on the 1st place.

I started to race firm and clean as I could, and very smooth direct to hold the 1st place for about 12 laps during the race leading up to the Pit stop at Lap 10, keeping a solid 2 sec gap, (see video below), my strategy was OK, as I went for RS to RM. were as my nearest competitor went the opposite strategy. He was chasing me quite strong during the early laps and gave chase after we ran out of the pits on lap 11. I trid to hold my grtound, but the RM tyres were ont giving me the pace I wish and then passed me on lap 15 I think and took the lead, I tried to chase him till the finish and could not quite catch him. He wasnt the smoothest racer to be honest butits just fun times! Overall a mega race for me, good points earned & kudos!

I am very happy and proud of myself to get this podium result and kudos for the winner to chase me all the race, it made for a great battle! Lets go Round 4! Enjoy the pictures and video!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240515110933.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240515105750.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240515110653.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240515110034.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240515111011.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240515115242.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240515115059.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240515195605.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240515114222.jpg

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - FULL RACE:

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240515115446.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240515115446.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240515114958.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240515114958.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 2
The Renault Saga episode 3

A bit of a redemption arc for this french underpowered titan.
Best time on fp was a 25.7
Q3 with 1.26.2

Decided to start on mediums as it made the most sense to me at the time. Think I was wrong.

This car chews the rear tyres really fast. Had to go 10-10 as in practice any lower would have a dead rear right with more than one lap left.

Top 2 started softs and ran away and I started to get engulfed in some more soft runners behind. Couple of penalties and P8 by lap 11 with fresh softs. From here on was push mode but the damage was already done. Too much time lost fighting , and boy does this car need more power. Whenever I got a worse run into the straights I was dead meat and would be overtaken before the end of the straights. So the cars behind always felt invited to overtake.

P6 by the end as the fresh softs allowed me to pick up 2 positions near the end.

This car just lacks overall pace. I have to be perfect to even battle the Porsches.

Not bad I'll stick with it. 162 pts and best season finish so far.

I think the dude in first might be on an alt account as I ve ran into him several times this season and he won every single one by a large margin.

View attachment 1355714
I'm in the same boat with the renault. You're spot on about the car. I like it if you never make a mistake!

Second race for Dodge after missing Interlagos but I only had time for the first UK slot (the rest of our evening is reserved for tea drinking).

Was door 13 but clearly this was lucky as I put it on pole with a 1:25.3. Now to start on softs and try and escape from the trio of Porsches behind...

I just watched the replay and P2 was the worst type of driver, they got involved with loads of incidents, annoyed everyone and ended up quitting from last after their second stop to fix damage. But they started on mediums so by the first tunnel I had a nice gap...

IMG_8883.JPG

P3 was also on softs and managed to get into second by the end of lap 1, but by then I had a comfortable lead...

IMG_8882.JPG

This was looking good but I was feeling the pressure having never won an A+ race. During the first stint the gap went up to 5 seconds and we both pitted at the end of lap 11. I exited still in the lead so no traffic to worry about, just concentrate on keeping it smooth and getting to the finish...

IMG_8878.JPG

P2 and P3 swapped places with some nice clean racing but there was no drama for me, pole and P1 for Team Dodge!

Last edited:
I was stewing over my experience in slot 2, so I decided to make it a late one and do the final midnight slot. It couldn’t be worse, could it?

Door 6 in a 233 point lobby. A 25.4 in qualifying put me on pole.

Started on softs and hoped to get away from the carnage as quickly as possible.

Miracle of miracles, no dive bomb at the hairpin on lap 1. Then settled in and 3 of us on softs at the front pulled a few seconds on the rest. Lap 3 and the R8 in p2 bins it so now it’s me and an AMG and then daylight.

We run in formation until lap 11 when we both pit. From there to the line the AMG is never further than 0.8 behind and never closer than 0.3. He drives the whole race cleanly and I manage a pole to flag victory!

P3 finishes 15 seconds behind p2 so clearly getting clear early paid huge dividends.

I was stewing over my experience in slot 2, so I decided to make it a late one and do the final midnight slot. It couldn’t be worse, could it?

Door 6 in a 233 point lobby. A 25.4 in qualifying put me on pole.

Started on softs and hoped to get away from the carnage as quickly as possible.

Miracle of miracles, no dive bomb at the hairpin on lap 1. Then settled in and 3 of us on softs at the front pulled a few seconds on the rest. Lap 3 and the R8 in p2 bins it so now it’s me and an AMG and then daylight.

We run in formation until lap 11 when we both pit. From there to the line the AMG is never further than 0.8 behind and never closer than 0.3. He drives the whole race cleanly and I manage a pole to flag victory!

P3 finishes 15 seconds behind p2 so clearly getting clear early paid huge dividends.
**** yeah! Well done mate, well deserved win!

What a contrasting impressions at this round!

GT2, EMEA, mid B/S

Tried the first slot at noon and literally nothing was sticking. Qualified lowly 13th with a lap of 27.6.
The GT3 Ferrari was not good to me, way more slidey than the gr.4 plus with just too low top speed for that kind of track. I was butchered on the straights by basically everyone. Started on mediums, switched to softs on lap 12. The other flaw of the Ferrari in my hands is that it chews the rubber like crazy. Softs could go 8 laps maximum. I was maybe in a chance of 9th by the end of the race, but mistakes in last lap and hugely missed braking point for the last chicane made me finish 12th.
I was disgusted with my driving and decided to write this round off.

But... during the otherwise busy day, I kept thinking about it and while I usually don't do the evening slots I decided to go for the penultimate one. In FP before the race I improved my best lap to 26.2 and started to feel a little more confident about this track. I knew the flaws are still there, but a touch more careful approach could make me at least make up for the DR lost (hoped for top 8).

Good pace from FP translated into really nice laptime in qualifying (26.5) which gave me 2nd spot.

Nice start, was able to hang on to leading Honda and noticed that they were struggling a little in the twisty part of the track. On lap 3 I had a look in turn 1, but it was too close for clean pass so I conceded, but Honda made wide exit into 1st tunnel and I managed find a gap on the hard right in between tunnels.
GTWS24-Manu3-1stpass.jpg

Leading the race? That was unexpected.

The pack behind was growing, they were catching with every straight. The Honda overshoot the first corner, parked on the wall and soon rage quit.
French Citroen was catching very quickly. Did pick up a 0.5sec penalty along the way so my execution was postponed until lap 7 when they closed in on the straight to last hairpin and I just braked early to let them go.
GTWS24-Manu3-2ndpass.jpg

By lap 8 my rear tires were very worn but still some 20% left so I decided to stay out for one more lap. We pit with the Citroen at the end of lap 9, when I exited the Citroen suddenly disappeared (after replay review they got 3 sec penalty for cutting pit lane and rage quitted).

So I was 7th after taking mediums and just carried on. After all the pits were done on lap 14 I was again leading the race with armada of Porsches and VW behind.
GTWS24-Manu3-leadingagain.jpg

I bravely held on until lap 19 in the lead, but the mediums started sliding and it was inevitable, so I left huge space into turn 1 and lost the lead.
GTWS24-Manu3-3rdpass.jpg

Behind me, the Italian McLaren appeared and only due to their 0.5 sec penalty I didn't lost the position before the final lap. Turn 1 of lap 20 - serious trouble for me, the rear tried to go away for a whole turn and I lost every advantage I had. They were on my back.
McLaren takes 0.5 sec penalty, but too late to serve it. I'm ahead after they gone wide, but they lunge into my inside for the hairpin making me go wide and veeeery slow on exit.
GTWS24-Manu3-lungeinside.jpg

On the run to the finish I loose another two positions. Duh!
GTWS24-Manu3-finishline.jpg

McLaren takes 1 second penalty and is relegated behind me, so I'm 4th.
GTWS24-Manu3-result.jpg

It was an exciting race and although my final position is so-so, I'm glad I raced it. Salvaged my DR, got very decent points (91) and a clean race star.
Nice little Ferrari, nice!
GTWS24-Manu3-4th.jpg

Man, that race was absolute filth. I can't figure out how some of these drivers have S-ranked SR? It's getting to the point where this game isn't fun to play online anymore. Not only did I get rammed to pass nearly a half dozen times, not a single penalty was handed out to anyone and at the end of the race all the offending drivers didn't show any SR decrease. This system is definitely broken.

Q'd 7th, finished 12th.....not going to bother running it again.

My was not looking forward to the Deep Forest race as it's not my strongest track, but i can still turn laps at a decent pace. It might be the Huracan or my "barbarian" driving style, or a combo of both, but I had a heck of a time trying to save my soft tires as my rears were destroyed at the end of my practice sessions. So, I decided to do an 11M/9S strategy for the round. I also debated a 12M/8S strategy as the last lap of 9 on the soft tires is an adventure.

I get ready to enter the 6PM time slot and completely forget there is no 6PM time slot. I get another practice session and try and push for an even 10 lap split on the tires and it ended very poorly due to my nonexistent tire saving skills.

Finally join the 7PM slot and I have door #11. My qualifying reflects that as I start P15 on the grid. The first half of the race is going fine with some close racing at the back. A few drivers spin and I just chug along. I pit at the end of lap 11 and my race falls apart a few laps later. I'm stuck behind a Ferrari driver and I cannot safely pass.

They mess us the infield esses or whatever those are and I try and get by, but we collide. After checking the replay they slam me into the wall once we get going again. I'll post that below all of this. The driver behind us catches up and they make a nice pass in the final hairpin so I can't be at that I then get caught up in another wreck and I had no where to go as they cut directly in front of me. One final spin on lap 19 sends me to P14 and I apologize to the drivers I hit. I will not be running this again and I'll take my points and run.

Here is the interaction in the esses. There was no contact and they went off track on thier own. I should had slowed up more and see what they did, but in the heat of the moment I thought I could have made it. I'll take any opinions/advice on this. I'm probably making a bigger deal over this than I should but I want some other eyes on it.

Last edited:
Back