Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
The Renault Saga Chapter IV

EU GT1 Slot 2 217pts

What. A. Race.

Q6 2.01.5

Begin lap 2 in Q4 as a Mercedes bins it at Dunlop and couple of guys start fighting ahead and I pick up one spot.

Did not want to fight in the early laps so if anyone got a run on me I would let them go.
P6 at the end of lap 3 as two faster guys make their way by me. I was clocking 2.02 at this point while they were in 2.01. No problem , long race and weather. Playing the long game here.
Lap 6 I go for a bit of a drift in T1 and lose two more places.
At this point I just try to keep consistent and hope everyone bins in in the rain. Lap 10 goes by swiftly , no one crashes.
Lap 11 I ran a bit wide out of the now wet spoon .

20970046009969250.jpg

P10 and I go in for inters.

Most of the field ahead stays out , and boy oh boy , they should have not . A total of 4 guys ahead crash at spoon and crawl back to the pits.

P6 as I undercut them while draining a bit of my inters life.

Rain starts to intensify and I manage to keep it on track aside from a couple of laps where I understeer into degner 1. I had amazingly good pace in the wet (running CSA and TCS3) so I manage to keep my position and even shorten the distance to the leaders.

Lap 23 and the first people start to come in for dry tyres. By lap 25 everyone ahead had already pitted and I was now on the lead while still on Intermediates. I was playing safely and did not feel like I would be confident in the dry tyres.
End of lap 25 and I come in for the final stint in racing hards.

Out of the pits and I m in... P4.

Lap 28 and P3 goes in to remove his IM.

P3 with gaps of 15s to both p4 and P2 .
Cruise to the finish safely and grab a podium.

So went back and watched the replay to understand how did I win those two positions when I stayed out on IMs after lap 23.
2 cars bin it out of the pits as they are still wet.

This race was so intense. Easily the best race I've ever done in GT.
199 pts and the best ever points finish in GTWS.

I leave you with some great shots from the amazingly looking race.

20970385717983421.jpg

20970717596785979.jpg

20970375372418765.jpg
18f8d17808291-screenshotUrl.jpg

What a race! After last weeks Interlagos race where I had to check that the car was not in reverse, this was a great showing.

I just returned from a trip to Japan, so Suzuka was fitting. Did some practice yesterday, got to a nice 2:01.6 before the rain came in FP.

Entered first Americas GT1 slot, McLaren in a sea of 911s (seriously half the field was Porsche. 168 points for a win. High 2:02 quali wasn’t great, good enough for 7th. Not much to say there.

Race starts, and I’ve learned the McLaren is just dismal on the start. No matter who’s behind me they run me down into T1. So I’m in 8th as we entered the esses.

I spend the first 10 laps tailing a 911, and he pits. I stay out until lap 11 and head in. End up gaining position from people losing it at Spoon on lap 12. After the rain is there I’m in 5th.

Keep it clean and smooth and get up to the provisional lead on lap 24. I stay out until the end of 25 and pit. Come out in 2nd and then… spin. I knew the hazard coming out of the pits on slicks, came out with the throttle off, but still got into it too quick. Luckily a slight wall tap with no damage and I drop to 4th. Big gap to the front and back, stay in 4th after serving the penalty.

From there I grind it out gaining on 3rd about a second a lap. Then n the final lap were side by side into 130r, very clean battle through there. Again side by side through the chicane, super clean again. He gets just a little better exit and I come through in 4th back by about a car length.

Frustrating to lose it exiting the pits, probably would’ve been a solid 2nd if I hadn’t, but still a great race and a good result. I wish there were more of these endurance lengths for the championships.

GT1 slot 1 in the Americas - 158 points up for grabs. I was driving for Dodge from Door #4. I needed a P7 finish to improve on my score in Rd.2.

I qualified Q7 with a time of 2:02.979, which is about as good as I could have hoped for.

gtws-mc-rd4-lap1.jpg

The dry stint was mostly uneventful. I picked up a position right off the start from a driver that went wide at turn 1 -- into P6. Held it there until the rain came.

A couple cars ahead pitted on lap 10, promoting me to P4. I pitted -- along with most of the rest of the field -- on lap 11. Staying out that extra lap proved to be a good choice, because I came out of the pits ahead of the two early pitters, still in P4. I soon gave those spots back when I got the Degnas all wrong. Back to P6.

The rain treated me well, though. I picked up a spot to P5 at the Casio Triangle on lap 14 from a driver who got it wrong. Then another spot at the same place the next lap from a driver who went too deep -- up to P4. On lap 18, I even managed to make a legitimate overtake at the Dunlop Curve, taking me up to P3.

gtws-mc-rd4-lap18-overtake.jpg

During the rain I was trying to stay off the racing line in the braking and acceleration zones to improve my traction. I think that might have confused the driver behind me a bit because going into Spoon on lap 19 they barreled into my rear, giving me rear aero damage. Luckily, I managed to keep it on the track. The other driver was not so lucky.

The damage didn't seem to be affecting my pace in rain. I did, however, lose a spot at the hairpin on lap 20 when I took it too deep -- back to P4.

gtws-mc-rd4-lap20-overtaken.jpg

With the track drying, the P3 driver made what looked like a last-minute decision to pit at the end of lap 22. I tapped them slightly as they swerved ahead of me into the pits. I was now in again in P3, but the contact -- and damage I was already carrying -- meant another lost spot on front straight. Back down to P4.

gtws-mc-rd4-lap23-overtaken.jpg

The car ahead pitted on lap 23, putting me back in P3. That didn't last long because I went into the sand at the Degnas, dropping a spot, back to P4.

gtws-mc-rd4-lap24-off.jpg

I decided to pit on lap 24. I went in P4, following all the other drivers ahead of me. I came out in P7, but quickly picked up a spot from one of the drivers ahead who spun it on the exit. Up to P6.

I was feeling pretty good about the race so far, but things were about to change. I knew I had to be careful about keeping the car on the dry line, but did I? No, I did not. On the out lap, I went wide at Dunlop Curve, then into the wall trying to catch it. Front damage and 2 spots lost. Down to P8.
gtws-mc-rd4-lap25-wall-crash.jpg

Maybe I was being too cautious after that because at the hairpin -- still on the out lap -- the driver behind hit me and I went into the sand. They were kind enough to wait up for me, but I still lost two more spots and had picked up rear damage now, too. Down to P10.
gtws-mc-rd4-lap25-rear-ended.jpg

Just to cement this lap as the worst in my history of GTWS racing, I went wide at Spoon into the sand, and fell back one more spot to P11, with only two cars behind.

From there, my race was pretty much over. With front and rear damage, I was a sitting duck.

On lap 26, I did happen to pick up a spot to P10 from a driver who had somehow put the car into the wall on the front straight. They quit soon after.

On lap 27, I was caught and easily overtaken to drop me back down to P11. There was a 40-second gap to the car behind, which steadily shrank to the end of the race, but not enough to be a threat. I drove out the remainder of the laps watching the rest of the field drive away, admiring the lovely sunset.

Finished P11 for 92 points. Oh, well. That's how it goes sometimes.

GT1 slot 1 in the Americas - 158 points up for grabs. I was driving for Dodge from Door #4. I needed a P7 finish to improve on my score in Rd.2.

I qualified Q7 with a time of 2:02.979, which is about as good as I could have hoped for.

View attachment 1356669

The dry stint was mostly uneventful. I picked up a position right off the start from a driver that went wide at turn 1 -- into P6. Held it there until the rain came.

A couple cars ahead pitted on lap 10, promoting me to P4. I pitted -- along with most of the rest of the field -- on lap 11. Staying out that extra lap proved to be a good choice, because I came out of the pits ahead of the two early pitters, still in P4. I soon gave those spots back when I got the Degnas all wrong. Back to P6.

The rain treated me well, though. I picked up a spot to P5 at the Casio Triangle on lap 14 from a driver who got it wrong. Then another spot at the same place the next lap from a driver who went too deep -- up to P4. On lap 18, I even managed to make a legitimate overtake at the Dunlop Curve, taking me up to P3.

View attachment 1356670

During the rain I was trying to stay off the racing line in the braking and acceleration zones to improve my traction. I think that might have confused the driver behind me a bit because going into Spoon on lap 19 they barreled into my rear, giving me rear aero damage. Luckily, I managed to keep it on the track. The other driver was not so lucky.

The damage didn't seem to be affecting my pace in rain. I did, however, lose a spot at the hairpin on lap 20 when I took it too deep -- back to P4.

View attachment 1356671

With the track drying, the P3 driver made what looked like a last-minute decision to pit at the end of lap 22. I tapped them slightly as they swerved ahead of me into the pits. I was now in again in P3, but the contact -- and damage I was already carrying -- meant another lost spot on front straight. Back down to P4.

View attachment 1356672

The car ahead pitted on lap 23, putting me back in P3. That didn't last long because I went into the sand at the Degnas, dropping a spot, back to P4.

View attachment 1356673

I decided to pit on lap 24. I went in P4, following all the other drivers ahead of me. I came out in P7, but quickly picked up a spot from one of the drivers ahead who spun it on the exit. Up to P6.

I was feeling pretty good about the race so far, but things were about to change. I knew I had to be careful about keeping the car on the dry line, but did I? No, I did not. On the out lap, I went wide at Dunlop Curve, then into the wall trying to catch it. Front damage and 2 spots lost. Down to P8.
View attachment 1356674

Maybe I was being too cautious after that because at the hairpin -- still on the out lap -- the driver behind hit me and I went into the sand. They were kind enough to wait up for me, but I still lost two more spots and had picked up rear damage now, too. Down to P10.
View attachment 1356677

Just to cement this lap as the worst in my history of GTWS racing, I went wide at Spoon into the sand, and fell back one more spot to P11, with only two cars behind.

From there, my race was pretty much over. With front and rear damage, I was a sitting duck.

On lap 26, I did happen to pick up a spot to P10 from a driver who had somehow put the car into the wall on the front straight. They quit soon after.

On lap 27, I was caught and easily overtaken to drop me back down to P11. There was a 40-second gap to the car behind, which steadily shrank to the end of the race, but not enough to be a threat. I drove out the remainder of the laps watching the rest of the field drive away, admiring the lovely sunset.

Finished P11 for 92 points. Oh, well. That's how it goes sometimes.
Apologies again for the shunt at the hairpin (I was in the Alfa). I was following too close, and unaware you were adjusting to fresh damage.

Last edited:
Only one week (two races) left in the tank. The GT1 Manu standings currently look like this:
1716122435466.png

The battle for the cutline looks like this right now:
Code:
 9 Aston M.  +6.5
10 Ferrari   +5
11 Honda     +3.5
16 Genesis   Partner
---------------
12 Lambo     -3.5
13 Peugeot   -11
14 Lexus     -16
15 Alfa R.   -18

It seems from the leaderboard that meta for BMW at Daytona is Z4 instead of M6. Did a few laps in it and started wondering why is the Z4 not really used on other tracks? It handles pretty good and has a bit higher top speed than M6 from what I've noticed. I was also wondering if there are any differences between endurance and sprint model of the M6. I was using only endurance up to this point, only did a couple time trials in the sprint one and could not spot a difference.

1st slot race starting P12. No more lap 1 curse but got spun out at thee hairpin on lap 3, didn't bother me too much cause it was a long race and i could make up time once it started raining. A lot of cars were struggling once the track got wet and looking at the replay the car involved with my incident hit the pit wall entry twice and spun out leaving the pits. Was dominantly a solo race the rest of the way and finished P5. Without the incident and better qualifying I could have finished for a podium but very happy with my result and really needed this turn around, also getting my 50th top 5 finish in the game. I love doing wet races and wish there was more of these.

Apologies again for the shunt at the hairpin (I was in the Alfa). I was following too close, and unaware you were adjusting to fresh damage.
No worries! It was obviously accidental. No grudges from my side. For my part, I'm sorry it happened. I'm sure it didn't help your race, either. IIRC, you had the fastest lap at that point in the race. I didn't see how you ended up so far back, but I can hardly blame you for feeling a little impatient being that far back while having that kind of pace. Race on, friend. Hope to meet you again!

And sorry for not recognizing your name. It's always great to see other GTPer's out there. :cheers:

No worries! It was obviously accidental. No grudges from my side. For my part, I'm sorry it happened. I'm sure it didn't help your race, either. IIRC, you had the fastest lap at that point in the race. I didn't see how you ended up so far back, but I can hardly blame you for feeling a little impatient being that far back while having that kind of pace. Race on, friend. Hope to meet you again!

And sorry for not recognizing your name. It's always great to see other GTPer's out there. :cheers:
No worries! To be honest, I have absolutely no idea how I managed to sneak away with the Fastest Lap, as not only am I woefully inconsistent, but I also just generally dislike Suzuka. 😅

The name I use here was my old PSN before they allowed changes. Hopefully our paths will cross again in a more successful light for both of us!

GT1 Americas Slot 1... 230 something points for the win.

This was a real rollercoaster in the WRX.

I missed the last two Nations races and the first three Manu races due to unexpected life events (nothing tragic thank God). I was really thinking of not even doing this one because of the length but I jumped in anyway with only half hour of practice. Plugged my wheel in and the power brick was dead. Luckily I still have my 5N-m brick so I used that.

Qualy was terrible, a 22.8, almost a second off my practice time. Slotted in 11th for the start.

I was P7 at the end of lap one due to others' mistakes. Only two of us pit for inters on lap 11, he binned it shortly afterwards and when everyone had come in I was in the lead. A huge lead mind you.

Then everything came undone, starting with exiting pits on the hards. TC5 and upshift to 5th, lightly tap the gas and around I went. That really threw me off and I kept making mistakes, missing the dry line and sliding off a lot. The last straw for me was getting spun into the barrier in the esses for touching a curb, picking up suspension and aero damage. I was tenth at this point and a top 5 was probably in the cards but at this point I was just frustrated and stressed out so I parked it in the pits (along with four others LOL) and finished 12th.

It was a stressful end to a stressful two weeks. I am going to step away from this for a while. It's not fun to me anymore and that's when I know I need to stop. Maybe I'll jump in some Toyota Cup races but I am definitely done with GTWS.

Good luck to everyone on the last two rounds.

Man that race was intense!! Messed up Qualifying just a tab bit.. putting me at P9… Made a grave mistake and caught dirt opening lap.. dropping me to last place… what saved me… I was a monster in the rain.. I caught a lot of people…me and another car stayed out during lap 12.. that helped me big time… just had to crawl around spoon…

Another crazy incident was coming out of the pits with the hard tires… 3 people got into a crazy accident I thought I was gone for sure… I guy spun and hit two other cars coming out of the pit… after that I just had to bring My Ferrari home… extremely stressful… These A+ rooms are just different on how good the guys are sheesh! 216 points I’ll take it!

Shot out the bro @Yard_Sale for bringing home P4! You are a great driver man.. I need some lesson from you for sure lol!

View attachment 1356616

At the risk of breaking character

(I mean...this IS real life, man)

I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere near my 2:00.0xx FP time in an actual qualifying session, but a 2:01.whatever was far off of my expectations. The eventual winner of our lobby, and his Porsche buddy got locked into a very stupid battle for the entire dry stint, and just let the leaders get away. I totally brain farted on my first pit stop when I took inters at end of 12.... by thinking that was the stop when you had to exit off the gas and TCS-5 ----> letting P2 and P3 get by me going into T1 in the process (wouldn't have happened had I mashed the throttle like a normal person....because, ya know.... I'm on the correct tire for the pit exit conditions 🙄).

I caught damage at lap 17 in the aforementioned picture, and lost a ton of time. Not really sure how that one happened tbh.

My only 100IQ moment came when I decided to go for THE EXTREME UNDERCUTTM - and I pitted for Hards at the end of 22. I felt like I could make it work, being all the way back in 6th place. It was sketchy...but it worked!! From there, I just slowly caught up to the front of the pack, and we all finished rather close, considering the race.... I think it was 5 seconds from P1 to myself in P4 - I'll take it. Even though Suzuka is a handling track, it's not a very good Ferrari track. Turn 1 is a coin flip every time through on wether you'll spin or not, and Spoon can be difficult too. I considered going again on the last slot - to see if I could land in a higher drop-split lobby, but alcohol sounded better after that stressful and frustrating race.

I'll be honest though, we seem to have a lot of consistency in our GTWS lobby - and that's a blast!!

IMG_4567.jpeg

Couple thoughts on this GTWS season, because I'll be In character for the rest of it..

- I give PD a C- grade on this season.
Seriously Polyphony!!! Out of all the epic exhibition season races (as well as a couple isolated Daily C's) ...... THIS IS THE BEST YOU COULD COME UP WITH??? An extended Daily C for Round 1, a COPY/PASTE for round 4, and daily C's for the rest???? GFC!!!! The lack of effort and imagination in this season WILL be chasing me off to Iracing. Here's a good friggin' idea... from here on forward, reach out to the various streamers and prominent community members - and let them HELP with the races!

OR!!!

OR!!!!!

Just give us fixed qually sessions and dynamic weather races, and let it rip!!

- Was watching Grove's stream last night, and during his replay of top split NA slots, he saw that some of these WT drivers are using aides beyond TC for this round. I mean, it's within the rules...so whatever. But for Top Split drivers?? I don't know, this just made me roll my eyes for some reason.

- You guys (PD) could have easily started us "later" in the day with this race, and given it a whole other new dynamic . I tested it during FP....and it worked 🙄

Last edited:
Only one week (two races) left in the tank. The GT1 Manu standings currently look like this:

The battle for the cutline looks like this right now:
Code:
 9 Aston M.  +6.5
10 Ferrari   +5
11 Honda     +3.5
16 Genesis   Partner
---------------
12 Lambo     -3.5
13 Peugeot   -11
14 Lexus     -16
15 Alfa R.   -18
If Gallo doesn't get a very good score for Fuji (probably better chance there then Daytona) Honda's not going to make the cut.

Second GT2 attempt 10 pm slot.
Q5,
Good start, on the second lap I am 4th, putting lots of pressure on 3rd position.
Too much pressure, I am blinded a bit by the high trunk of the Alfa romeo. I am bit too close.

I loose control hitting the grass while breaking at degner curve. End up 11th

Climb my way up to 7th. Rain starts, put the IM, gain 2 more position to finish 5th.

The Alfa Romeo finished first... If i Had been more patient...

This race put me back at DR A!

Into the 44s with the Porsche at Daytona. It seems like a decent enough time but TT and race can be totally different. Two things worry me: lack of straight line speed and the gearing.

The former is obvious. Most of the passing here will be on the straights and if you can't pass there, you're in trouble. Especially when even if you can get a pass done on the infield, it'll likely go away on the following oval portion. On a decent bus stop, I was getting the car to hit 168 at the s/f line where the LM II was 173, and the Vette was 171.

The gearing may be a tricky one. I felt it was quicker to come out of T1, the International Horseshoe, and the West Horseshoe (T5) in 1st gear. 2nd just seemed to bog some and the Porsche doesn't have much low end grunt. However, 1st gear is a bit more sketchy; hit it perfect and it feels good but a bit too much throttle and around she goes. It will also not do the rear tires any favors which will be getting the brunt of the tire wear during the race.

This is one of the races I am most looking forward to but the one race of the season that had me doubting picking Porsche (to the point where I was literally about to sign up for the Nord race and still hadn't picked yet). I do wish I could trade my brat and sauerkraut for some apple pie and Bud Light and Dogfish Head. :lol:

I'll definitely be doing it but not expecting much.

If Gallo doesn't get a very good score for Fuji (probably better chance there then Daytona) Honda's not going to make the cut.
Fuji's settings are throwing up more rain flags for me... Or maybe it's just more copium to try to hope this isn't the most boring GTWS season ever.

Fuji's settings are throwing up more rain flags for me... Or maybe it's just more copium to try to hope this isn't the most boring GTWS season ever.
Agreed. 10 laps, RH tires and 1x wear/fuel... they better be adding rain or something. But PD being PD wouldn't surprised me if it was a sprint race.

Would be kinda cool if it was just a rain race start to finish... not dry-to-wet or we-to-dry, but just pouring from start to finish. Don't think we've had one of those before.

Agreed. 10 laps, RH tires and 1x wear/fuel... they better be adding rain or something. But PD being PD wouldn't surprised me if it was a sprint race.

Would be kinda cool if it was just a rain race start to finish... not dry-to-wet or we-to-dry, but just pouring from start to finish. Don't think we've had one of those before.
2022 Nation's Cup Gr.1 race at Fuji was 100% rain.
There was also a randomized weather race at the Nordschleife during one of the Manufacturer's seasons and I got 100% rain in my race.

Last edited:
I just tried 20 laps with the new wheel (fun!), and no, nothing interesting in the sky because we can't have nice things. My best in the AMG was 46.1; not really that far from my usual placement on the leaderboard. Mostly, I was pretty happy with consistency of 1:46,47 laps. Still a few too many laps facing the wrong direction to get into a live event. I prefer making and keeping friends, not enemies.

I just tried 20 laps with the new wheel (fun!), and no, nothing interesting in the sky because we can't have nice things. My best in the AMG was 46.1; not really that far from my usual placement on the leaderboard. Mostly, I was pretty happy with consistency of 1:46,47 laps. Still a few too many laps facing the wrong direction to get into a live event. I prefer making and keeping friends, not enemies.

Sounds like you’re adjusting quickly 👍
I tried it practice lobby this evening and I needed the live practice bc FP or custom.

I think a later pit might be beneficial. Tried the undercut but it didn’t get me where I wanted to be. Using the McLaren F1 tonight and I did lose to a 911and a 650. Need to decide if I’m going F1 or 650.

Maybe I’ll see you in a lobby tomorrow night :-)

Late report here for Suzuka

NA GT1 slot 2 Q6 ended last.

slot 3 Q2 ended last.

I am usually strong at those 3 things. Suzuka, endurance and rain. But it did not help me this time. I was out of luck and I made a lot of mistakes.

Unfortunately, I got punted in the first laps of these two slots leaving me with damage from the start when we had to run 11 laps before pitting. Some drivers take too much risks during the first lap and they make mistakes leading to contacts ruining others chance at getting a decent position. The fact that tire wear was low made that race feel even more like a sprint where there is no real fuel and tire strategy. Like its fight or die the first lap then keep your position and coast til the end without having a chance at getting back from last to a better position. In both races, I saw people parking in the pits like a quiet rage quit. I prefer to finish the race but this night, I lost my patience, which rarely occurs. Let me tell you what happened in my second race.

First of all, I got taken out, with damage, in the first lap by a driver that pulled next to me only to brake while having his two outer wheels on the grass sending his car spinning into mine. Also, I might be wrong but I checked my replay and I felt like controller users had no problems putting the power down in the rain, especially when coming out of the hairpin. Like they had extra traction without the risk of spinning out. There was a driver from the leading pack in a Porsche that seemed to struggle in the wet like me but he regained like 5 positions in the dry at the end of the race and he finished second. It was like we lost positions to controller users during the rain part of the race. Might also be my imagination.

When I pitted back for RH at lap 23, I came out in front of the leading pack with a blue flag telling me to give way to faster cars which I did. After one lap of braking and waiting behind them, one of them made another mistake and I decided to pass. Then I did something I am not proud of. I was so pissed at my two bad races that I proceeded to pass 3 other leaders as a ghost while having the blue flag. At some point, I had even passed P1. I was somehow faster than they were. Then I spun out of rage. Well, a painful night where I lost a lot of positive energy. But I will grow it back in the coming weeks.

The lesson this time. Again. In the first lap, I must recognize the 1st lap heroes patterns. Let them pass me and hope they crash into someone else or take themselves out. Then only, I shall finish the race in a decent position.

So after an almost 3year absence of any GTWS or Daily Race racing activities, I recently felt the urge to compete with my fellow Nerds.
I only just received my Wheelbase a week ago so missed the first two rounds.
Of course there was only one Manufacturer of choice I had to sign with... And that's the precious Ferrari 458.
So for Round 3 and 4 I managed two poles and 1 win and 1 second place at the most thrilling race so far around Suzuka.
Excellent stuff and definitely begging PD to come up with more of that nasty stuff.
It was proper racing, really really enjoyed that Suzuka Mayhem.
Anyway, today I did a few minutes of TT for the upcoming Daytona Road Course Championship Race and man, I dunno, but the Ferrari just isn't up with the front runners.
At least not with my modest driving skills.
Although it feels excellent and very agile going through the infield...only to absolutely die off on the two long straights.
I definitely think that the BoP is the best we've ever had so far as all of the Cars seem to be very close to each other.
So yeah, despite sitting on a 1'44.9 it's still 0.7 seconds off from the fastest Ferrari time on the global Leader boards.
But anyway looking forward to take that scalpel out there for a thrilling run.
Good luck to all you guys out there on Wednesday...cuz you know... It's Daytoooonaaaa time 😉

GT1 slot 2 door 10 177 points up for grab
quali p8 with 2.792. I was happy with that time.
Race starts and I stay safe. I pit lap 11 for IM to play it safe. A few don't and rain tires and end up by quitting
Once again play it safe and pit lap 25 for hards. Work out well as I jump mid pack to p2. I have 2 second lead over P3.

IMG_2730.jpeg

I am pushing trying to increase the gap. Next lap, coming out of turn one I touch the curb on track and spin. Front aero and suspension damage. I pit at end of lap for fix. Come out in P8 and that is were i finish. What could have been, Oh well. 125 points.
Fun race but i could only do one slot.

Last edited:
Sounds like you’re adjusting quickly 👍
I tried it practice lobby this evening and I needed the live practice bc FP or custom.

I think a later pit might be beneficial. Tried the undercut but it didn’t get me where I wanted to be. Using the McLaren F1 tonight and I did lose to a 911and a 650. Need to decide if I’m going F1 or 650.

Maybe I’ll see you in a lobby tomorrow night :-)
yeah, it is going better than expected. But as much as I love daytona, don't look for me on any grids this week! Although, I might try a daily (second account, my usual lobbies would smell blood in the water)

Another DQ wave has kicked in:

I expected it, but at the same time I believed that by being in position 11 and 12 you wouldn't report this [expletive], when the main mistake was yours in braking, when accelerating I lose traction and give it a touch without intention. I lose my victory in slot 3, and the chances of qualifying.

Updated points standings after latest DQ wave:
1716222357546.png

Cutline:
Code:
 9 Ferrari  +8.5
10 Honda    +7
11 Lambo    +3.5
16 Genesis  Partner
------------------
12 Aston M. -3.5
13 Peugeot  -3.5
14 Alfa R.  -8.5