Grand Valley Returns to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 711 comments
So stoked for the new track! IMO, this isn't supposed to be the original Grand Valley Speedway due to the new name of Grand Valley Highway. I am just happy to be getting a new track at all.

GVS will hopefully be in the near future and this is a prequel to it. Regardless, happy for something new in general.

The Landscape looks absolutely stunning, and from one of the pictures, it seems like the main layout, at least for the 2nd and part of the 3rd sectors remains largely the same with maybe some differences in elevation and so on.
The track also looks narrower.

Hopefully along with it, we get the classic 300km of Grand Valley Endurance race.

Great to see another one of the original tracks make its return. The visuals look stunning, so I'm keen to drive on it irrespective of any changes that have been made to the layout. As with Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and HSR, I love their original iterations, but I see no issue with significant changes made to the design when revamped for the current gen. After all, they still drive well as racetracks, which is what matters most, regardless of any rose-tinted nostalgia in my opinion.

Last edited:
1676903985225.png

Oh it's Grand Valley alright. Even has the East section by the looks of it (maybe that's the 'South' layout now?)
Seems like the final straight may be longer now, and goes over another bridge which then enters you into the tunnel below:
1676904043043.png

So overall it seems like:
Grand Valley Speedway = Grand Valley Highway-1
Grand Valley East = Grand Valley South layout
The math checks out too I think. If the 'south' layout is 1 mile according to the website, and the original full Speedway is 3, that sounds about right.

Last edited:
This looks like a big highway course to me like Costa di Amalfi was. A point A to B type of course with 30km length or something like that. I could be all wrong but this is what i would like to see. Just a normal road to cruise around

View attachment 1232715
Oh it's Grand Valley alright. Even has the East section by the looks of it (maybe that's the 'South' layout now?)
Seems like the final straight may be longer now, and goes over another bridge which then enters you into the tunnel below:
View attachment 1232716
So overall it seems like:
Grand Valley Speedway = Grand Valley Highway-1
Grand Valley East = Grand Valley South layout
The math checks out too I think. If the 'south' layout is 1 mile according to the website, and the original full Speedway is 3, that sounds about right.
If this is truly what's happened to Grand Valley, then hope they don't touch any more original tracks, Grand Valley was a race track, probably closer than some of the other original tracks, not a pacific highway scenic drive. Really hoping this was part of a much larger track & the original hadn't been added yet.

As I mentioned in the general discussion thread, this Grand Valley is based on California's Pacific Coast Highway, which is one of the most satisfying and scenic roads I've ever driven on.

Very hyped to try this out.

PCH0815-brixy-bridge-d738137d42ed44aa835292cf33d6c7a5.jpgScreenshot_20230220-061658094 (1).jpg

Last edited:
If this is truly what's happened to Grand Valley, then hope they don't touch any more original tracks, Grand Valley was a race track, probably closer than some of the other original tracks, not a pacific highway scenic drive. Really hoping this was part of a much larger track & the original hadn't been added yet.
I understand, I love the original aesthetic/location, but this is probably Polyphony's 'VR' track. Certainly will be the first track I pick when the VR arrives :cheers:

This will be a nice wee trip down memory lane as Grand Valley was the first track I played On GT 25 years ago. Was warned to brake after the left hand sweeper on the start/finish straight, young cocky me thought that was way too soon & proceeded to end up sitting backwards in the kitty litter & being called a Muppet.

Glad this circuit is back.

Back