GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 646 comments
United States
Iowa
pfei
I have created a GT Planet club: https://racenet.com/ea_sports_wrc/clubs/155

It's friends only so you will have to friend the user magpieracer on EA to join.

@MagpieRacer is the current admin of the league.

Update 15 Dec. 2023: Season 1 of the GT Planet WRC League is live!

Current entry list:

Pfei
MagpieRacer
Dreadmed
FrankieStail
Cabelmania
space_wadet
UKMikey
the13PeSK
sinotov2008
Speedster502
Hasnain282
Pearl Jam
Georgeagea
Factor41
Imari
Larzi
xX_Jojje_Xx
sirjim73
doblocruiser
Ali
RYAN
AEKara38
GOTMAXPOWER
Brightoon1961
ZeroTheNorth
half_sourly
JesseMT

Last edited:
It's friends only so you will have to friend me on EA. My ID is Pfei11.

Thank you. I've sent you a friend request on Racenet. My username is the same as my GamerTag/PSN ID - ukmikeya.

Last edited:
Just to mention, If anyone sees me (RYAN-JETS) on Racenet feel free to add me. I have added a few names I recognise and will continue If I see anymore names I recognise from here. :) 👍

Edit - I've taken the liberty to just send a FR to everyone in the GTP club :lol: Feel free to Accept/Deny as you wish👍

Last edited:
I don't even have the game yet, but I want to start preparing for the events to come. My idea would be to do a warm-up of two or three short rallies, one week only each, followed by our first proper season.

I am pretty sure no-one will have a problem using hardcore damage (which isn't very hardcore anyway). It's one of the few things that can be done to actually slow down the aliens a bit, as long as the service intervals are far enough apart. I prefer setting up rallies that reward consistency and clean driving rather than end up with a hotlapping club where the fast people consistently blow away everyone else because there is no danger in going over the limit. I have done leagues like that in DR2.0 and SLRE and they worked out really well and everyone had a lot of fun. However, I am also aware that long, difficult rallies can turn some people off, so we'll see how it pans out.

Another thing I would like to implement is teams. I have a group of Argentine friends that I have rallied with for years, and we put together an awesome DR2.0 season with them and a few from GT Planet with the R5 class, three drivers per team, and the teams were set up to where each would basically have one alien, one mediocre, and one slow driver, and it really turned out wonderfully. However all of us were familiar with each other so it was easy to balance the teams. That might be a bit more difficult with this league because I am unsure of the skill level of the participants. But hopefully we could make something like that work. Another problem is the inevitable attendance drop-off after the first rally but we will deal with that when the time comes. Teams help a lot to prevent attendance drop-off because it gives players a second reward to fight for.

Obviously this will be Rally1 but with enough participants we can split it into two classes (Rally1 and Rally2).

We will not use the FIA points system as it further tends to diminish attendance from those outside the top 10. Everyone will get points, even last place. Just to throw an idea out there, think of something like 30-27-24-22-20-18-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-1-1-1........... if we had, say, 25 people. That prevents the fast guys from running away with things while also encouraging participation for the slower guys.

Power Stage will be 5-4-3-2-1 points.

I don't think 18-rally seasons are the way to go (too long), so my idea is to do 9-rally seasons and combining events to eliminate any kind of repetition in each rally and make them more diverse. This is the season proposal:

Monte Carlo/Corsica
Sweden/Norway
Mexico/Kenya
Croatia/CER
Portugal/Sardinia
Estonia/Finland
Greece/Indonesia
Chile/New Zealand
Japan/Spain

That's it for now, vote away and give your opinions in the comments!

Last edited:
POLL #1 LENGTH AND FREQUENCY OF EVENTS

Vote for your preferred option:

🔥-Hot: 30-minute rallies, one per week
🤣-HaHa: 60-minute rallies, one per week
😯-Wow: 90-minute rallies, one per week
🤔-Hmm..: 30-minute rallies, one every two weeks
😥-Sad: 60-minute rallies, one every two weeks
💩-Poo: 90-minute rallies, one every two weeks

VOTE WITH THE "LIKE" BUTTON USING THE CORRESPONDING REACTION (BUT DO NOT USE "LIKE" ITSELF)

MOBILE USERS: HOLD DOWN ON THE LIKE BUTTON AND THE OPTIONS WILL POP UP

I vote Sad.

Last edited:
POLL #2 SERVICE INTERVALS

🔥-Hot: Short intervals, I want to be able to easily finish each rally no matter how much I crash.
🤣-HaHa: Medium intervals, I want a balanced approach.
😯-Wow: Long intervals, I want to see consistency rewarded and recklessness punished.

VOTE WITH THE "LIKE" BUTTON USING THE CORRESPONDING REACTION (BUT DO NOT USE "LIKE" ITSELF)

I vote Wow.

Last edited:
THIS POLL IS CLOSED SINCE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO COMBINE EVENTS - DO NOT VOTE

POLL #3 USE COMBINED EVENTS

Do you like the idea of combining events as detailed below?

Monte Carlo/Corsica
Sweden/Norway
Mexico/Kenya
Croatia/CER
Portugal/Sardinia
Estonia/Finland
Greece/Indonesia
Chile/New Zealand
Japan/Spain

🔥-Hot: Yes, combining rallies is OK
💩-Poo: No, keep the rallies separate from each other

I vote Hot but don't care either way.

Last edited:
I think 60 minutes every 2 weeks would work well, gives everyone time to run without pressure, there’s a lot to do in the game and I’m sure people will have other clubs to race as well so a nice time frame with a good length rally imo.

Balanced I think works well, more because the tyre wear is more prevalent this time from my experience so far.

I’d prefer keeping the rallies separate because they all have a very distinct feel from each other. Doing a 9 rally season with rotation for events would be a good idea I think, not unlike the real WRC.

Thanks for organising 🙂

I prefer WRC2 over WRC1 but for the rest 30 or 60 would be great. The vote buttons don't work on my phone 😔

The team option is a great idea.

Last edited:
I've played DR2 almost daily since day 1 so the more the merrier for me but I realise not everyone can commit as much time. If the races were changed weekly then my vote is for a single rally but if they are fortnightly then go with 2. I'm easily pleased either way.

Teams could be interesting. I would definitely class myself as slow. Most of my DR2 times are mid-to-lower on the leaderboard.

Last edited:
POLL #4 CAR CLASSES

Rally1 is a given but I want to see how much interest there is in a possible multi class season. Please vote for what you would enjoy the most racing, but rallying with. Historic cars maybe in future seasons but for now only WRC classes.

🔥 -Hot: Rally1
🤣 -HaHa: WRC2
😯 -Wow: JWRC

I vote Hot. This is more of a head count than a vote.

Last edited:
I've sent you a friend request (coming from TheUnrestCure) as well. I've goofed around with rally before (and generally stunk at it) but am planning to dive in fully this title. If I join the club I can promise to make everyone else look good with my times ; )

POLL #1 LENGTH AND FREQUENCY OF EVENTS

Vote for your preferred option:

🔥-Hot: 30-minute rallies, one per week
🤣-HaHa: 60-minute rallies, one per week
😯-Wow: 90-minute rallies, one per week
🤔-Hmm..: 30-minute rallies, one every two weeks
😥-Sad: 60-minute rallies, one every two weeks
💩-Poo: 90-minute rallies, one every two weeks

We have a tie! I think it's down to you to choose @Cabelmania :nervous:

I haven't (can't) vote, either.
It's only fair you get a vote though If you're taking part surely. Can you just take into account your choices when its time to count the votes? Or maybe state your choices in each of the vote posts?

Last edited:
It's only fair you get a vote though If you're taking part surely. Can you just take into account your choices when its time to count the votes? Or maybe state your choices in each of the vote posts?
Yes, I can add my choices to the posts.

Keep in mind that these are just polls, not binding contracts, and as more people sign up they can change. I am measuring intent more than anything . Honestly if there are even only three or four people interested in JRWC, I might even allow that, too for example.

It depends on how many people end up signing up. We are at 22 right now.

Also, more classes means more admin time which can be a problem for me sometimes.

Anyway, before we even think about starting, I am aware of two bugs that are basically game-breaking for clubs, so we will have to wait for fixes, and from what I have seen in videos a performance patch would help, too.

Maybe you guys could test these two things in the meantime? My copy arrives tomorrow but I doubt I'll be able to check this stuff out until later in the week:

1) If you exit out of the service park during a club event, when you return to the club event you have a brand new car with no damage.

2) Used sets of tires disappear from the allotment. Do a Shakedown on mediums for example, then start the rally on hards. That medium set used in Shakedown is now gone. Also happens at service points. This has been reported in single player and I am not sure if it happens in clubs as well.

Personally, I would like 2 rallies per week. I'm already having trouble finding interesting clubs to race. And waiting for new races for whole week feels long.

Anyway, before we even think about starting, I am aware of two bugs that are basically game-breaking for clubs, so we will have to wait for fixes, and from what I have seen in videos a performance patch would help, too.

Maybe you guys could test these two things in the meantime? My copy arrives tomorrow but I doubt I'll be able to check this stuff out until later in the week:

1) If you exit out of the service park during a club event, when you return to the club event you have a brand new car with no damage.

2) Used sets of tires disappear from the allotment. Do a Shakedown on mediums for example, then start the rally on hards. That medium set used in Shakedown is now gone. Also happens at service points. This has been reported in single player and I am not sure if it happens in clubs as well.
I know the first one is definitely a thing, I've heard someone in another club have an issue with the 2nd one as well

Yes, I can add my choices to the posts.

Keep in mind that these are just polls, not binding contracts, and as more people sign up they can change. I am measuring intent more than anything . Honestly if there are even only three or four people interested in JRWC, I might even allow that, too for example.

It depends on how many people end up signing up. We are at 22 right now.

Also, more classes means more admin time which can be a problem for me sometimes.

With my driving, I need the first one just to get to the end :lol:

Back