GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,666 comments
Show off! :cheers:

Edit. Those times are getting into A+ territory.
yeah, well I expect any day now for @Dep Fishtail to announce he made A+! Can I say 'I knew him when...' when he does? :)

I'm still slow in Gr4, but I didn't have time for spa yesterday so gave GV a run. Started in the back, got a 0.5 penalty for the crime if giving space to go 2x on turn 1. But then I had a great fun, tight race with 3 cars battling for P11-14. Didn't do my DR any good, but it was a good example of why we play.

Not my day today on Daily C. I've moved further away from DR A 😭

Both my races had that strange weather were its just a band of light blue rain. Staying out on RM was the best option for the race as the track never went into the inters section. So I pitted lap 10/11 for new RMs and my race just went backwards. Pitted from a net P8, the track still damp and the remaining laps I couldn't lap under a 2.21. I don't know what happened but I had no pace or grip yet everyone else was.just flying past me. Finished P12 after quitters. I opened the Ezio Dash app and I could see my tyres on the last 2 laps were at like 50⁰c so I assume the damp track just couldn't get any heat into the tyres.

Next race had the same weather, so for this race I was paying attention to the tyres via Ezio App. First two laps I struggle for grip, and then wondered if I had a bigger game. I spun the car twice on lap 2 and fell last. I carried on as I hate quitting, and I don't know what happened but my pace was decent. 2.19s. As the band of rain came it wasn't enough to wet the track but I stayed out till the band was nearly gone and I manged to jump 2 cars for P12. After the pit stop my pace shocked me. First time I've dipped into the 2.18s. 2.18.6 was my best. Caught up P11 but a stupid track penalty on lap 19 cost me the slip on the Kemmel straight. S2 I caught back up and made an attempt into the bus stop but couldn't get the OT done. Another P12

Not sure I feel like going again. The competition was tough today, plus I had too many errors in me. Guess DR A will have to wait....

Am I justified in being annoyed at this move?

Context: I’ve been quite good at Daily Race B this week so decided to do a few late night races to improve my DR abit and to maintain my SR.

Started race in P4, which was surprising because my qualifying time is quite good but there was a few high A drivers ahead of me, whereas I’m low to mid A so I was looking forward to testing myself. Managed a clean race bar a penalty on the last lap when I was in the lead by .800, served my penalty and brought myself close to the inside line leading into the tunnel as it’s a good defensive line I have been very consistent at taking.. here’s the video of the incident:

I am the Ferrari by the way - Both POVs

Daily Race B Incident

I’ll explain why I’m annoyed at it and maybe I’m wrong and perhaps it’s a skill issue so I’m open minded to others opinions

I made my defensive move early, leaving plenty of room around the outside for the driver to go two wide if he wanted. He closed up behind in the slipstream to maximise speed but then attempted to squeeze in between me and the barrier. Technically a gap did exist there but I literally shouldn’t have to defend right to the wall in order to prevent someone coming up my inside should I? Especially when there’s so much room on the left.

I personally felt it was lazy driving, as I did enough to earn my lead in this race cleanly and we had amassed such a buffer to third place that it seemed like he was content for us both to crash, because he would end up on the right side of it and we could still recover for 1st / 2nd. If it wasn’t for me giving him space I think there is 100% chance we crash because we did both outbreak ourselves albiet I had to make a move under braking to try give him room

Secondly, he parked it on the apex of the first chicane and I gave him a slight bump which allowed him to get away

Lastly, his weaving towards the finish line really annoyed me because I felt it was dirty driving and it was almost like he was gloating.

What are your thoughts? Skill issue on my part or is it lazy / dirty / reckless driving by the other guy? I’m genuinely happy to be told I’m wrong too even if my post doesn’t suggest that. Should I have closed the gap even more? Thanks!

Edit: for anyone that doesn’t want to click the link (not sure how to post or if videos are allowed in this thread) here are two photos that basically sum it up
I feel your pain. Dives down the inside seem to be the default move for far too many participants. Everyone has seen the video, when you enter Sport Mode, explaining the rules of racing, and that sort of move is prohibited. Unfortunately it's nigh on impossible to enforce without live stewards, and that's not going to happen. Rules that aren't enforced cease to be the rules, and so it will continue to be the modus operandi of many.
The only thing you can do is keep your eyes on your mirrors, and drive accordingly. If their closing speed is relatively slow, shut the door, and leave much less than a car width. If they're coming in hot, open the door and let them sail through, as you will probably have a better/faster line on exit to regain the place. Good luck!

Two B races today, and in total 8 (!) penalties collected, in average one per lap. It's not an indication on me being an idiot (I am, but not because of this), but me being too slow to keep up with the fast drivers. I need to use every inch of the track, and have no margins. Doing so, once in a while I'm an inch too far, too late, too sloppy.

Need to practice if I want to hang on to the A rating.

DR is now easy to read off of the "my page" on the official website. Mine is 63.375% A, down almost 7% in two races :-). Holy cow.

Last edited:
I love love love when everyone is like minded and we have a clean race and finish this closely

IMG_0267.jpeg

I absolutely despise that Alfa Romeo Gr4 car. It seems to be so strong in the slipstream 😂

I was doing daily race B’s today and on pole position for most of them. The guy behind me in most of the races was in the Alfa Romeo and for the life of me I could not shake him. I was driving the McLaren setting consistent high 55’s - low 56’s but no matter what I did he was closing the gap on me out of every corner before I could pull away slightly on the straights at the very top end of my speed.

I’m surprised that car isn’t used as often for races like this, it is just nimble and quick to accelerate out of every slow corners. Honestly felt like terminator 2 with that guy constantly approaching in the rear view mirrors. No matter what I threw at him he was always just close behind me. Great driving.

Really enjoyed the few races, having to defend every corner and lap for an entire sprint race is exhausting but extremely satisfying. The saving grace was that as soon as the Alfa Romeo pulls out of the slip to make a move it cannot compete which I guess is it’s downfall. Having to correctly position your car in each corner is great practice for defending which I really enjoyed

Also has to be said, when Grand Valley was released I absolutely despised it. However its featured a number of times in the past few weeks / months in all its layouts and variations and I have come to love it! Spectacular scenery, intricate technical sections and unforgiving track limits. The corners flow together really nicely, even in that middle sector where it feels abit clumsy at times with some really great overtaking spots such as turn 1, bottom of the hill and before entering the rising tunnel before the chicane

Great track and would love to see another night race on it at some point as the dawn / dusk periods on that track are probably the most picturesque in the entire game

I absolutely despise that Alfa Romeo Gr4 car. It seems to be so strong in the slipstream 😂

I was doing daily race B’s today and on pole position for most of them. The guy behind me in most of the races was in the Alfa Romeo and for the life of me I could not shake him. I was driving the McLaren setting consistent high 55’s - low 56’s but no matter what I did he was closing the gap on me out of every corner before I could pull away slightly on the straights at the very top end of my speed.

I’m surprised that car isn’t used as often for races like this, it is just nimble and quick to accelerate out of every slow corners. Honestly felt like terminator 2 with that guy constantly approaching in the rear view mirrors. No matter what I threw at him he was always just close behind me. Great driving.
I love the 4C but don't drive it often as it is often eaten by other cars. Cornering is where it shines and through the twisty stuff the car excels. The issue is that on the straights it tops out at 143/4mph where as the Veyrons and ilk are topping 147... So yes, if you can keep in the slip stream you can keep up but if you don't you can get dropped quick. While it can catch up in the twisty stuff it is very hard to overtake there and it is hopeless on the straights where everything else overtakes it.

The car is like a rally car. Quick geared and high downforce. Great at low speed stuff but runs out of steam at the top end. I think that is the reason it does not get used much.

Last edited:
...but me being too slow to keep up with the fast drivers...
I am not even CLOSE to your time...this statement terrifies me. Guess we'll see. Hoping to do some racing this evening to find-out just how bad this is gonna hurt. Will report on the carnage.🤣

:cheers:

EDIT
@TheNormsk and the same could be said of the Megane Trophy. Car is a monster in the twisties, dead on the straights. Add an incline like GV and you might as well be driving a tractor.

Last edited:
I love the 4C but don't drive it often as it is often eaten by other cars. Cornering is where it shines and through the twisty stuff the car excels. The issue is that on the straights it tops out at 143/4mph where as the Veyrons and ilk are topping 147... So yes, if you can keep in the slip stream you can keep up but if you don't you can get dropped quick. While it can catch up in the twisty stuff it is very hard to overtake there and it is hopeless on the straights where everything else overtakes it.

The car is like a rally car. Quick geared and high downforce. Great at low speed stuff but runs out of steam at the top end. I think that is the reason it does not get used much.
I think he means the 155?

DR is now easy to read off of the "my page" on the official website. Mine is 63.375% A, down almost 7% in two races :-). Holy cow.
Wait, what?! Did I miss something? Is the number displayed somewhere on the website? The Gran Turismo website (https://www.gran-turismo.com)? All I see on the 'Profile' part of the 'My page' section is the graphic.

1711559974858.png

I don't remember the progress bar being there before, though. Is that new? Are you using the browser inspection tools to derive a number from the size of the bar elements? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Wait, what?! Did I miss something? Is the number displayed somewhere on the website? The Gran Turismo website (https://www.gran-turismo.com)? All I see on the 'Profile' part of the 'My page' section is the graphic.

View attachment 1340766

I don't remember the progress bar being there before, though. Is that new? Are you using the browser inspection tools to derive a number from the size of the bar elements? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?
I can't check right now, but there is another thread discussing this. I think you can view the 'Page Source' to see a percentage value?

Really enjoyed the few races, having to defend every corner and lap for an entire sprint race is exhausting but extremely satisfying. The saving grace was that as soon as the Alfa Romeo pulls out of the slip to make a move it cannot compete which I guess is it’s downfall. Having to correctly position your car in each corner is great practice for defending which I really enjoyed

Also has to be said, when Grand Valley was released I absolutely despised it. However its featured a number of times in the past few weeks / months in all its layouts and variations and I have come to love it! Spectacular scenery, intricate technical sections and unforgiving track limits. The corners flow together really nicely, even in that middle sector where it feels abit clumsy at times with some really great overtaking spots such as turn 1, bottom of the hill and before entering the rising tunnel before the chicane

Great track and would love to see another night race on it at some point as the dawn / dusk periods on that track are probably the most picturesque in the entire game
Completely agree - I hated GV until I finally cracked the code - be smooth, trailbrake, aim carefully and don't be aggressive. Now I love it, and I consistently drive fast there. I still love it, even though this week was a gut punch to my DR. I guess you manage to improve dramatically, yes?

View attachment 1340766

Exactly - inspect, and then just use the select tool to point at the bar, and then the number comes up in a div tag. I have that tab loaded, and then just refresh after each race, and there it is in all its painful, heartbreaking detail, exactly how much I suck! To three decimals!

I am not even CLOSE to your time...this statement terrifies me. Guess we'll see. Hoping to do some racing this evening to find-out just how bad this is gonna hurt. Will report on the carnage.🤣

:cheers:

EDIT
@TheNormsk and the same could be said of the Megane Trophy. Car is a monster in the twisties, dead on the straights. Add an incline like GV and you might as well be driving a tractor.
Na, I'm probably just doing more QT than most people. I probably did 30+ laps by now.

Exactly - inspect, and then just use the select tool to point at the bar, and then the number comes up in a div tag. I have that tab loaded, and then just refresh after each race, and there it is.
There is a caveat to this though, is that there are fixed pixel ratios and the bar is displaying to that region so it won't quite be as accurate as the behind the scenes numbers like before.

But it's a close approximation but not the underlying numbers.

Couldnt finish the day on my poor races so had to go again. Did another 2 races.

1st race was a wet one. Rained around lap 7/8 and stayed wet till the end. I went inters and finished P5. On Ezio Dash the inters dropped to around 49⁰c by the end of the race. Didn't suffer the massive grip loss this time, so the cold tyres could be related to too many off tracks?

2nd race well what a race.... Again another wet race till the end. I decided this time to run the full wets to see 1. How lap time they lost or gained and 2. How the long the temperatures remains in the tyre.
Race start went ok, but then towards the back of the lap it was chaos. Car left right and centre hitting each other. I try to avoid at all costs which I mostly do. At T1 the lambo sends it, I cut back but the Nissan behind just t-bones me round. I'm now last in P16 (great!) but I NEVER give up even if its boring running round at the back. Rain comes lap 5 and I pit from P15. A few car decided to do another lap but they picked poorly and got caught in the heavy rain. On pit exit I'm now upto P12 as I jump a few with under fuelling. Upto P8 with the cars who pitted too late for weather. Then the remaining 14 laps was then me hunting down the cars ahead. Using the wet lines I was closing in on P3 rapidly. One car quits ahead, then P6 makes an error which allows me to close up and then overtake. P5 & P4 where in a battle for many laps and I closing. Manage to pass both cars easily on the same laps and now im now up to P4. I make a small mistake on lap 14 and this cost me P3 in the end. I closed up a 10 seconds gap, and was 1 seconds behind on the final lap but just couldn't make the pass. Very happy with P4 after a disaster start from dropping down to P16.

Inters Vs Wets.... I was going 3/4 seconds quicker than my inter laps times on the full wets. I think if the race has a short wet period inters the way to go and just manage the track and when the track dries you be then on the right tyre. If the race finishes under the wet weather then I think full wets are more beneficial.

Half hour highlights plus a lap of my wet lines to brake and turn off the racing line

@AdxRE

I saw your QT time and was a bit in shock! Then I checked your profile and saw you are A+ now and everything made sense. Congatz!!
It will be my first race after 3.5 weeks travelling and I am totally hyped. Love long races with dynamic weather. I only did 7 laps QT, 2.18.4x for now. Funnily I had BB on +2 to the front… will try your -3 and see if it helps me.
Tomorrow I jump into 2-3 races hopefully. So excited!

Thanks man! Not sure how long I can stay there as I only have a couple of pixels in my DR bar 😂. Let us know how you races went 🙂

I have only done a total of 4 races at Spa and haven’t seen a single drop of rain yet. Though the flat-out bone dry races have been exciting with very close and (mostly) clean racing. A few things I learnt in those races..

C3-EE1-DD4-127-F-4-BCC-9-A13-68-A5545-D277-E.jpg

1. I cannot make no-tyre change strategy work in the McLaren. In one race I was pushed wide in Lap 3 and lost like 8 positions on dirty tyres. Decided to try jumping the cars in front by not changing tyres and the grip dropped off significantly by Lap 18, to the point that I couldn’t even take Eau Rouge and Raidillon flat and ~2s slower than my usual race pace per lap. Not worth it unless you are really good with tyre preservation.

2. Wind speed/direction does impact the top speed (and braking point) so do take note on that at the beginning of the race. 5th gear in the McLaren tops out at 162mph and if I get tail wind at Kemmel straight, I will need to shift up to avoid bouncing off the rev limiter. Not needed when there is head wind.

3. Stay away from those plastic green poles around the track. Those will slow you down if you touch them and launch your front end to mid air if you hit them in the “right” angle. Hit one at Stavelot and that almost ruined my race by sending me mid air and off track.

4. The Supra has a really good top end. Was in a battle for 6th with a Supra in my McLaren. I could only be level with him at the end of Kemmel straight after staying in slipstream since La Source.

5. This is the best daily race by quite a margin, and I haven’t even got to taste the most exciting bit yet (The rain).

Late to the party this week. I might try Race C if I get chance over the Easter weekend, but as far as Race B goes I'm out. The idiots are in though, if thats your bag.

I just had a race where people actively lifted off and let me pass on the bridge before the tunnel then intentionally rear ended me into side of the wall. They gained... I gained a wall penalty and damage. This happened twice.

The rest of the races I did were no better.

I dont usually moan about driving standards cos there always sketchy, but designed maliciousness to gain an advantage can do one. It's a massive disadvantage if you try to give space and race clean in this race.

So anyway, whats Race A like? Worth a go?

Last edited:
4th Daily C today and encountered a new weather pattern - started raining lightly on lap 15 or 16. Radar was green, you could see rain on the windshield (in cockpit view), but the rain meter bar on the left barely moved up. And it stayed that way ‘till the final lap. Stayed out on RMs and was fine.

Cool that variable really means variable!

God bless y'all who can do the C race.
There's no way that I could stay focused for a 50 minute race.
Just the thought of it is nauseating. :yuck:
I do think they is a fine balance with doing long races. For me I love them and this week's has been so much fun, BUT....would I want long races week in week out... No.
I'd like to see 1 hour races pop up every what 4 or 5 weeks. I think if they added a Daily D race every week the 1 hours races would get boring.
PD can put on some amazing races if they just took a little more care into what they are doing. Monza last week was amazing. A few of the Watkins Glens have been amazing, along with Suzuka. It's just the generic rubbish they spit out (x1 racing hard) races when the game gets boring.

Also GTWS been back will probably halt the long races untill that has finished I think

I’ve now done 3 Race C, one per evening (7pm UST), as it’s quite draining. All 3 have had significant rain. Monday, rain started on lap 5, stayed light until lap 7 when it poured down until lap 17. I struggled to find any pace, finished a lap down in 8th, last of the finishers. Tuesday, again rain started around lap 5, but remained light enough for inters, swapped back to RM’s at end of Lap seventeen. Again struggled for pace, finished last of 9 finishers. Today I started 6th, but with the usual ram-raider tactics being used, I was down to 10th by lap 2. Rain arrived on lap 6, light at first, but radar showed it would get pretty wet, pretty quick, so I dived in the pits at the end of the lap for full wets and enough fuel to get me to the end, if it kept raining. From there I had a great race, climbing 6 places for 4th, finding genuine pace, compared to those around and ahead of me. Rain continued until lap seventeen, and I was able to finish the race still on full wets and a drying track. I think I’m slowly getting the hang of wet racing, and starting to enjoy the challenge, even if I am quite hot and sweaty by the end! 😂 Looking forward to a few more races over the Easter break. 😁

Back