GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,015 comments
Why does it have to be Gr4 and Gr3 (with the odd Gr2 exception) all the time?!?
PD have shown, as with Race A last week, that they can do more interesting stuff, with a selection of specific cars, tuned in some cases. I would love to see a Race A for example, where they just set a max PP (eg 600 PP) and BHP (eg 400BHP), Minimum weight (Eg 1200kg), ands maybe an age bracket (eg 1980-1989). Leave all tuning open, and just let people build and tune cars, and see what comes to the top.
I know it has the potential for carnage, with speed differentials between those opting for more weight and power, and those favouring lightness and handling, but at least it would be interesting!

They've done similar to that in the past. It's interesting for about a day, until everyone just copies the same quick tune.

Last edited:
PD have shown, as with Race A last week, that they can do more interesting stuff, with a selection of specific cars, tuned in some cases. I would love to see a Race A for example, where they just set a max PP (eg 600 PP) and BHP (eg 400BHP), Minimum weight (Eg 1200kg), ands maybe an age bracket (eg 1980-1989). Leave all tuning open, and just let people build and tune cars, and see what comes to the top.
I know it has the potential for carnage, with speed differentials between those opting for more weight and power, and those favouring lightness and handling, but at least it would be interesting!
The boring answer is that, like in all modern racing sims, there's a significant amount of people who want to drive nothing but GT3/Gr.3, and don't show up for races in other classes. PD have that data, and cater for their cultivated audience accordingly.

I'd love to have some meaningful races (Races B or C) with road cars from time to time. Tuning or no tuning, whatever. Fast cars or even slow cars. Just to have some variation. There's hundreds of different cars in the game, all driving differently, which are never used in races that affect DR / SR. In my mind, that's a waste.

(And, admittedly, usually I'm better with road cars, so of course my wish isn't completely unselfish...😆)

Has Sport mode got more competitive lately?
Seems like it to me too - I haven't got slower, everyone else has got faster 😂
I've haven't experienced that. For me, it's been about the same - at least in Daily Race B (which is all I do).
We had an epic Spa race just 3 weeks ago. Why do this combo again
Gr.3 instead of Gr.4, and RM instead of RH. I'm not saying this is a good enough reason to repeat it, but that's what's different.
and with only 4 laps?
This is something that I'll never understand.
I'd love to have some meaningful races (Races B or C) with road cars from time to time.
Although I usually suck at road cars, I agree that this would at least be interesting. They could even hold them at tracks we haven't seen before (in Sport) - I mean, if we're going to dream, let's go big!

Personally I'm please to be back at Spa again, it's one of my favouites. I just wish when PD allow setup changes, you'd get the option to save your settings. Inputting them at the start of every race session is frustrating to say the least! :banghead:
Not seen the daily races but Spa again? Gr3?

Daily C is a confusing one at times. They can make some brilliant races and then give you the most boring dull races the next week. As for why always Gr4 & 3? I don’t get it too? What does any me too is the fact when they do put on Gr1 or Gr2 it’s the same combos, LeMans, Fuji, Interlagos, Lago & Autopolis. Why have we not Gr1 at Monza, Spa, Road Atlanta, Catalunya? Or Gr2 at Monza, Watkins Glen, Spa, Catalunya, Road Atlanta? It’s as if PD have a list of cars & tracks that can only be raced on.
Fun series I’ve done on lobbies is GrB cars on race tracks. Had some brilliant fun doing 10 laps sliding around deep forest or Watkins Glen. Red Bull Juniors cars offer some great racing too.
I remember last year they did a Silvia Tuning Race as Daily C and it was a massive flop. Didn’t help that the OP car wasn’t available in the used car dealership too, so the majority had no chance of racing as the rental cars didn’t allow you to tune them

I think it’s time PD start to use the dynamic feature more. Give us weather but also give us night races, day/night, night/morning etc…

I just did some laps at Spa, and all I can say is, WHY DID IT TAKE THEM THIS LONG TO HAVE Gr.3 CARS WITH RM TIRES HERE? In Daily Race B, I mean. This is the first time they've done this in GT7.

Holy crap on toast, THIS is how this track was meant to be experienced. Everything else is just a wannabe. I know I'll still suck at it, but I'll have a crap-ton of fun doing it.

1713176224537.png

They've done similar to that in the past. It's interesting for about a day, until everyone just copies the same quick tune.
Wow, if people are finding a meta that quick, given such a wide range of parameters, they clearly have too much time on their hands! 😂

The boring answer is that, like in all modern racing sims, there's a significant amount of people who want to drive nothing but GT3/Gr.3, and don't show up for races in other classes. PD have that data, and cater for their cultivated audience accordingly.
It's depressing to think folks can be so narrow in their vision of what's fun.
I remember last year they did a Silvia Tuning Race as Daily C and it was a massive flop. Didn’t help that the OP car wasn’t available in the used car dealership too, so the majority had no chance of racing as the rental cars didn’t allow you to tune them.
Gutted I missed this, I only got back on GT in November. You'd think PD would at least put all the cars in the Used Dealership during that week, if they're going to run such a race.
I'd love to see something similar again; a Skyline Special, 911 Heaven, AMG Armageddon, even if they were for rental only, all pre tuned by PD, to equalise them.
Ultimately It would just be nice to see a wider range of cars used in Sport races. Creating a racing SIM with over 400 cars, then relying on 2 small groups of those for the majority of Daily Races, feels lazy.

Last edited:
Wow, if people are finding a meta that quick, given such a wide range of parameters, they clearing have to much time on there hands!
It's more that we have been able to adjust these parameters before so you simply start from what you used last time with minor tweaks occasionally.

The second thing is that a lot of the setups a almost interchangeable between drive train types meaning a tune for the GTR will be a good basis for the supra again with maybe minor adjustments to cater for weight or height/length differences.

That's how you get to a good tune quickly and at similar levels of ability it's natural that people converge on something that seems to work generally well etc.

I just did some laps at Spa, and all I can say is, WHY DID IT TAKE THEM THIS LONG TO HAVE Gr.3 CARS WITH RM TIRES HERE? In Daily Race B, I mean. This is the first time they've done this in GT7.

Holy crap on toast, THIS is how this track was meant to be experienced. Everything else is just a wannabe. I know I'll still suck at it, but I'll have a crap-ton of fun doing it.

View attachment 1346751
I believe we had this exact combo (Gr.3 + Spa + RM) 2 weeks ago for Daily C (No Setup). Though it was dynamics weather so most didn't get to use RM for too long.

Yes I would say RM + Gr.3 is a nice combo on Spa! Most cars drive well there.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Look I really need to get this off my chest. I've had a rough week. My mom was sick from taking an antibiotic so I had to help her with extra cooking and some chores around the house so I had to cut my gt7 time a bit. I was only able to do 15 SSRX races and 24 Deep Forest ones, bringing it a total of 39 races this week.

Anyways my DR and SR have not changed and I'll show the screenshot.

1713159128495.png

Anyways I started back with GT back in June 2021, so it's been almost 3 years, and I'm still somewhat having trouble getting in the professional group and higher rankings when I put in at least 3-4 hours a day qualifying, running laps around the track. Please try to be patient with me and not be critical and harsh. I try to paly by the rules. I made a comment the other day that the Veyron sucks, and I guess Glen and some others took offense to it. I didn't mean any harm.

People don't understand what I have to go through, I've had a lot of difficult challenges in my life due to my autism and asburgers. During school and daily things around the house, etc. I've finished 950 races and I've only gotten 4 wins. In GT sport I did a total of 951. So, overall ina 26 motnh period, I've finished 1,851 races with a total of 41 wins. That is not a drop in the bucket. I was expecting 100 wins at least, but nope. The usual.

From now on I'll be careful what I say before I post it here. I cannot believe my DR and SR has not changed that much in a 6-month period. I am absolutely exhausted from the situation with my life and gt7. But this is much better than NFS and Forza. I'll try to be more patient with all the Group 3/4 cars we have but it's frustrating when I test a car out and it doesn't give me the lap time I need. I have to restart many times to perfect each lap, it's a full-time job! Then I get drowsy half the time and I make errors during my races. It's annoying as hell.

Plus the BoP regulations makes it hard too because you can't drive as fast as you want to plus the penalty system is strict too but it's needed to regulate the races so. So, let's all work together to make this a better place. I hope this week I can grab some wins if I work hard enough. I was also raised by narcissistic parents so I'm kind of selfish sometimes but I can't help it, I'm sorry.

Sorry for the long rant, but I'm frustrated and upset right now. It's like everything I try gets blocked or backfires.

Let me all know if you get my message. Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Once again, the only interesting combo is relegated to empty and meaningless Race A. Last time we had a 2J race, I did dozens of races and never encountered a full 12-person race. I wonder how many races I'll be leading by the exit of the first chicane after starting from the back...

Has Sport mode got more competitive lately?

Asked this last week, but got no reply, so I’ll ask again with this week’s data.

I’m usually ~3 seconds off the aliens, which puts me between 3,000-5,000 on the leaderboard (I recall this being the case at Laguna a few months ago).

This week at DF I was 2.3 seconds off the fastest time and was somewhere in the low 10,000s! Improved my time to 1.8 seconds off the fastest time and dropped to 7780th.

Seems like a big change in competitiveness. Or am I misremembering what it used to be like even a few months ago?
Same here~. The races are similar, but the leaderboards have almost doubled. Im guessing because 20laps spa was a blast. Although, between last, and this weeks offerings i’d assume things to peter out a bit.

I cannot believe my DR and SR has not changed that much in a 6-month period.
Don't worry about that in the slightest, your SR is already maxed out and DR is not something you should worry about, it's nice when it goes up but thats not the aim, its just a tool for matchmaking, if it is accurate to how fast you are you will get the best experience in sport mode. I think we've all had times when we've had a really good week and gained loads of points then got to the week after and ended up in a room where we don't belong, having our asses handed to us by much faster players.

I made a comment the other day that the Veyron sucks,
This is a fact, but it's true for all Gr4 cars :sly:

Don't worry about that in the slightest, your SR is already maxed out and DR is not something you should worry about, it's nice when it goes up but thats not the aim, its just a tool for matchmaking, if it is accurate to how fast you are you will get the best experience in sport mode. I think we've all had times when we've had a really good week and gained loads of points then got to the week after and ended up in a room where we don't belong, having our asses handed to us by much faster players.

This is a fact, but it's true for all Gr4 cars :sly:
The real fun is when you 'graduate' to the next level fresh off a string of wins only to get stomped...repeatedly, and sometimes right back to where you came from.🤣

@Chris30 Yes! Was re-captivated by Deep Forest this week for sure. Throwin' the car off the cliff to the left through 6/7 was a thrill. Every. Single. Time. It's all the crazy elevations and blind turns from the 'Ring without the single-lane, goat-path experience.😁

:cheers:

EDIT: has anyone read my above post?
Yes I have. I don't know if my english is good enough to give you substantial advice, but I'll try:

This is a very friendly (and strictly moderated) forum. You can assume that any response is first and foremost well-meaning. If not, just don't take it personally. Of course I have read only a tiny fraction of all the posts here, but so far I've never read anything that I felt was intended to personally offend or upset someone.

And don't worry too much about your progress, as long as you have fun with the game. Or, the other way around: you'll have a lot more fun if you dont't care too much about progress and ratings.

🍻

Last edited:
Might actually try a race other than Race A this week. I think Race A seems a bit chaotic, but I like Dragon Trail Gardens, and I like the idea of a mandatory pit even more.

EDIT: I wonder if the expanded options for settings help to have a more diverse pool of viable machines? I'd still imagine FF cars would be popular at Gardens, what with all the curves - and especially with the brake balance put all the way to the back. I might even putz around with the anti-roll bars, too, just to experiment.

Last edited:
Yessir! Early 90s DTM Mercedes EVO 2.5, BMW M3, an maybe some of the lesser known cars of that series:

View attachment 1346792

Like the one in P1 and that one in the background...
Assetto Corsa has the Alfa, the E30 and the Merc in the same class. Great racing with the AI. And unlike sport mode in GT you can use an h-pattern shifter.

Speaking of which, I hear the calls for more road car races, and more variety in what we race. I agree! But I also hate racing cars with manual transmissions irl and having to pull a ‘flappy paddle’!

I did 4 stints of Daily Race A for today and the best I can muster for now in terms of a quali time is a 1:23 which I'm convinced I can get this to under 1:23 if I can get a good run.

First stint - Started P3 and the players above me didn't had a good time with the Chaparral as they both went to the gravel on della Roggia in laps 1 (for the JP player) and 2 (for the Aussie player) which then allowed me to take advantage and combine that with consistent driving throughout the race while the two behind me weren't able to string a consistent run with the car, I was able to get my first win for the week.

Also on a side note, while its tempting to go flat out on Curva Grande with the 2J, its not a good idea having seen what happened behind me.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240415185917.jpg

2nd stint - Here I was able to make a good start and jumped the pole sitter and from there just like in the last race I was able to convert it into a win. Me and the Aussie player were having a good chat about trying to be consistent with the 2J. I also almost blew away my lead when I went too deep on Ascari and that got me a .5 sec time penalty for track limit breach.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240415190015.jpg

Third stint - It's at this point where I just had fun where me, the Aussie driver, and the JP driver were having a good time on this race. It was a close one as well this time around but I can only finish P2 after he managed to successfully dive me on Curva Alboreto. He even apologized me at the end and I was like yeah its cool don't worry fam you did good.

Fourth/last stint for today - Nothing much to say here other than ending up being queued with lower rated players (sorry if this had to happen) so it was an easy win overall plus it didn't help when lots of incidents happened which allowed me to open up a 16 sec gap.

Overall? This is definitely better than the last 2J daily in my opinion. Car feels nice around Monza compared to Sardegna A but again, I highly advise to not go flat out on Curva Grande unless you want to bathe on the gravel.

The Chaparral 2J at Monza sans chicane is quite fun. It feels intense all the time, at least for the first few races.

There's a guy who launches past everyone at the start from the back of the grid. This happened in all three races I saw him. I kept forgetting to save the replay to check how he's doing it. If everyone has figured out how to launch like that, I'd love to hear about it.

I think a great way to open up the daily races would be to give players the option of selecting how much fuel they start the race on, set the aerodynamics every race and open up availability to all tires for each race

I don’t see why PD aren’t capable of coding in a formula for starting fuel when other racing games are capable of it

Aerodynamics is an area I feel that could offer much more scope to different drivers as I think that’s something that is much more tailored to driving style and with such wide parameters on the aero settings you could have clear differences in different parts of the track as at the moment the only way to gain time is by getting in the slipstream

I think PD could just offer so much more scope for races which would greatly improve (or greatly reduce) the competitiveness in each race

Let drivers decide their own strategy before each race with fuel, aero and tire choice because at the moment the races are just a 10 lap time trial with everyone on the same strategy

And maybe it’s a skill issue on my part but tire management does not seem to be a factor in the game, atleast not at my level where no matter what I do to preserve the tires they seem to die off the same time every race

Anyways! Looking forward to the races this week again, Dragon trail has always been a strong race for me so I’m expecting to push for A+ by the end of this week if I can sort out a decent set up for my car

The Chaparral 2J at Monza sans chicane is quite fun. It feels intense all the time, at least for the first few races.

There's a guy who launches past everyone at the start from the back of the grid. This happened in all three races I saw him. I kept forgetting to save the replay to check how he's doing it. If everyone has figured out how to launch like that, I'd love to hear about it.
I think I can answer that since it happened to me as well before where I was able to jump the pole sitter at the start.

I tried at first launching the car with TCS at 1 and it wasn't a good idea as the car felt like it bogged down (as you can see on the first stint) but then on the second stint I decided to try starting the race without the TCS on and I managed to get a rocket start after the car became a bit unstable.

So from what I can tell, the guy probably knows how to time his starts really well and get the 2J under control at the start.

Back