GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,594 comments
What a mistake Daily A is. Looked a fun little race, but after seeing some races tonight it’s just descended into an absolute mess! People cutting corners to stay in slip stream, people punting cars on purpose as they know it’s quicker then braking and that slipstream effect is awful.

Le Mans no chicane just doesn’t work as a track in my opinion on this game. Unless PD fix the bump drafting physics that race will always be awful. Same reason why I didn’t like the Gr4 race last year with the dynamic weather. People bumpdrafting which then caused people to fight on track for slipstream position. Just stupid!

Daily C looks boring!

Daily B the only race I’ll probably enter. Love Trail Mountain and especially in Gr3 cars. Last time the Porsche was my choice of car and hope that still the case
Race A is always now the weird race. It was better as a proper race with cup sport or clubsport cars (Clio, scirocco etc)

Now it's decended in to a weird experimental meme place.

B this week is again 2 laps too short for actual racing. In the less consistent lobbies I'm sure there is more excitement.

C is just a line of the same cars scratching around for the same 100ths or 1000ths

Just not a good racing week.

No, it's not. Once again PD failed to make it a more comfortable and pleasant week for us. It's really hard to score a good lap at Le Mans in the dark.

Remember when I said that the R.S.01 accelerated quick enough at the start of the race? Well, not if an R8 is behind you. And boy does that hork up the start of a race when the R8 figures that gives them the right to try and pass you on the opening turns. So I guess I'll start working on other cars.

Wall penalties but the cut ones are way tighter for 1 & 2 unless you lift!

That said reversing in to a barrier to correct your spin/accident should never be a penalty EVER especially if they want people to stay.

The turn four and turn 8 in to the tunnel was alway generous to be fair as long as it's not the front if the car that hits it. It does mean you are losing a bucket load of time down the straight through.
The penalty for hitting the kerb on the right, after the first tunnel (turn 5) is relaxed. Previously, if you even looked too closely at that kerb, you'd get a penalty. Same for the kerb on the left at turn 12.
But why are you hitting walls? You can go fast not hitting them. Glen top tip
Not if you do it right!

1713820471579.png

Yeah not a good week. Did Race C and its not for me. I nearly nodded off again.

Race A is a weird one. I did a few more races and was suprised because usually the field is spread from DR A+ down to D or E. Did a race on my main account and we were all A. Did another on my alt and we were all B. Does that mean this race is more popular this week?

Only had one good race where a sensible like minded driver worked with me with bump drafting and we got passed everyone and finished P1 and 2. Every other race has just been insanity, and I'm ashamed to admit I have been an instigator in some of it. Not by malice, the physics of this race are just stupid...

It seems like on the weeks PD messes up the A/B and C races it drags and moves by slow. Have you guys noticed that within the past year?

Not too stoked on this week's races.

Set a Maggiore Race C QT of 0:48.037 in the NSX. Need more confidence going into that downhill right-hander.

Tried a race: Started P8, pit around Lap 5 to avoid the group in front of me, but couldn't find a rhythm, and finished P11.

Gave Trial Mountain's Race B a go, and set a 1:54.915 QT in the NSX. Left a lot of time on the table.

Tried a race: Started P10, avoided a massive Lap 1 Turn 1 SNAFU, but got banged into a wall coming out of the first mini tunnel and collected a penalty. Couldn't recover, finishing way down in P14.

For de la Sarthe's Race A, I did a slowish 4:14.220 QT.

Let's see if it's as bad a people are saying: Started P4. Got banged around at the start, and dropped back a few places, before getting collected going into the Mulsanne hairpin for the first time. I may have muttered some expletives. Took advantage of everyone's penalties to move myself up, and lucked into a P3.

People cutting corners to stay in slip stream
That is smart! 0.5 sec penalty is worth it not to lose out on slipstream. Damn it. I should have cut at Tertre Rouge and got into @A_Higher_Place's slipstream who pulled away with another racer and eventually won.
IMG_0721.JPG

My races were all clean. Yes, there was some minor bumping at start of the race which made me bump into A_Higher_Place but no crashes. And it is still Monday which is always a rough day due to folks still learning the track. This race was fun, maybe due to the novelty of night racing. Braking at Mulsanne was tricky because the braking point seems to be wildly different depending on the speed and the braking assist was useless there in pointing out where to brake. The first time I approached there, I went all way through the sand and into the wall, lol.

I predict This race will still have plenty of crashes just like last week's Chappy at the Monza but it is still fun and pretty clean, at least from my experience. Don't let one dirty guy's antics spoil this race for you. Night race with other humans is quite a novel experience. :)

Back to Trial Mountain this week - the track where I got my last Gr.3/4 Daily Race win and then got promoted to DR A+ some weeks ago.

Thought the McLaren is gonna drive horribly on RH and no setup but it actually felt fine. Though I needed to crank the Brake bias all the way to the Rear to tame that understeering. 1:51.193 in QT - 1:50 should be doable but will leave it for another day.

This Daily is actually raceable now with the much reduced sensitivity of the Wall Penalty compare to the last one, so I don’t get penalty by looking at those walls…also took advantage of the quieter early Monday afternoon, did 5 races and surprisingly finished all of them on podium with a win. Some of the cleanest races I have had for a while too.

@GrumpyOldMan Same for the McLaren as a lot of cars can draw parallel with it before T1. I usually defend the inside early so they wouldn’t even have that idea in mind.

Last edited:
A long long time ago I wrote an Oval Racing game for Mobile phones, inspired by British Banger racing, which is most definitely a contact sport.

A few proper tracks and I'd pay money for that. Stellar effort. Good job sir.

Also, where the H is Tokyo in the dailies? Any of them except the square one will do.

Last edited:
I'm loving the C race this week, did a 46.863 QT, 46.7xx possible with some more time invested.

Still don't understand why the game puts me as a mid-A driver in this kind of a lobby, but no matter, the fight is on :mischievous:

SHARE_20240423_0718140.jpeg

Did some laps QT for C.

@newmedia_dev what a time! 47 dead. What did you do to get such a round number? Type it in? lol.

IMG_7981.jpeg

Not many on the leader board yet but still always nice to get in the top 1000. Still with such a short track, the timing is tight on this one.

IMG_7980.jpeg

Speaking of which, it’s really hard to eke out those last couple tenths. Honestly I don’t know if I can find anywhere to improve now.

Last edited:
That Lancer is a pig, the Alfa is not much better on this track. Set my fastest time in the Veyron but no desire to race it.

TM is much more fun even with the stupidly low number of laps, but everyone is too damn fast there. Took 2 seconds off my practice time between a few races last night and still starting near the back. So many restarts after crashing on the first bend. Oh for a quali session before each race, so people can't rely on their one-in-a-million unicorn time.

I had 4 races at TM yesterday, and 3 of them were decent and fun. One of them wasn't, but it started with me going on the left-side grass in the turn before the tunnel, and losing a lot of speed. Nastiness ensued, and eventually I DNFed, which I won't do again because I lost a TON of SR (probably also due to the amount of contact).

So here's the thing: Make major mistakes, and pay for it. Or don't, and don't. Sounds like gaming to me. Not the best of ways to race, but it's still gaming. So, don't screw up the first lap!

I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time. Past performance has no bearing on future earnings. YMMV. If your tires stay hard longer than 4 hours - oh wait, that's a disclaimer for a different subject.

Short comment on race A, fun car, fun track choice, great time settings but the slipstream settings and opting for SR off was a miss. Normal slip and SR on would've made it a lot better.
I’m fairly new to sport mode and was wondering about this. I’m having fun in Daily A but the draft effect seems very exaggerated to what I’d expect in real life. Do they alter the slipstream settings for some races? I figured it was just part of the normal game physics.

I’m fairly new to sport mode and was wondering about this. I’m having fun in Daily A but the draft effect seems very exaggerated to what I’d expect in real life. Do they alter the slipstream settings for some races? I figured it was just part of the normal game physics.
Yeah they can change it to whatever they want. There's a few options for it available to us in custom races and of course even more to them.

It's a good thing I'm retired. Almost every morning when I start playing GT7, it seems like I forget how to drive, and it takes me hours of qualifying runs before I get it back (assuming I do get it back). If I wasn't retired, and had only an hour or two a day to play, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't still be playing the game.

So to all of you as-yet-retired workers, remember this: Retirement IS all it's cracked up to be. Work hard now, knowing that years from now, there's no telling what kinds of great games await all that time off you have coming.

Oh, and make sure your wife has something she loves to do in retirement also, so you can actually use some of that time for yourself.

As for my wife, we joined a golf club many years ago. Once she took lessons from an actual teacher (as opposed to me), she started to love the game, and now that she's retired, she spends a lot of time playing golf with the Women's club, doing special events, etc. That means she doesn't begrudge me spending time on GT7.

Hopefully I'll be able to start playing again after my cortisone shots in a couple of weeks. But even when I can play, I'll have plenty of time to re-remember how to drive each morning.

So keep focused, people - there's a reason you work so hard (or only pretend to)!

It's a good thing I'm retired. Almost every morning when I start playing GT7, it seems like I forget how to drive, and it takes me hours of qualifying runs before I get it back (assuming I do get it back). If I wasn't retired, and had only an hour or two a day to play, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't still be playing the game.

So to all of you as-yet-retired workers, remember this: Retirement IS all it's cracked up to be. Work hard now, knowing that years from now, there's no telling what kinds of great games await all that time off you have coming.

Oh, and make sure your wife has something she loves to do in retirement also, so you can actually use some of that time for yourself.

As for my wife, we joined a golf club many years ago. Once she took lessons from an actual teacher (as opposed to me), she started to love the game, and now that she's retired, she spends a lot of time playing golf with the Women's club, doing special events, etc. That means she doesn't begrudge me spending time on GT7.

Hopefully I'll be able to start playing again after my cortisone shots in a couple of weeks. But even when I can play, I'll have plenty of time to re-remember how to drive each morning.

So keep focused, people - there's a reason you work so hard (or only pretend to)!
I suggest marrying someone that doesn't begrudge you for enjoying your hobbies in the first place!
Oddly... I see that an awful lot on this forum.

I suggest marrying someone that doesn't begrudge you for enjoying your hobbies in the first place!
Oddly... I see that an awful lot on this forum.
The Gran Turismo film has down wonders for me, especially for the Championship races. My other half thinks if I do well I can go on and become a professional driver like him. Despite the fact I'm 40 years too late for that, and I've spent the best part of those years proving I'm not fast enough.

That Lancer is a pig, the Alfa is not much better on this track. Set my fastest time in the Veyron but no desire to race it.

TM is much more fun even with the stupidly low number of laps, but everyone is too damn fast there. Took 2 seconds off my practice time between a few races last night and still starting near the back. So many restarts after crashing on the first bend. Oh for a quali session before each race, so people can't rely on their one-in-a-million unicorn time.
have you adjust the suspension settings?

I am like .5 tenths faster in the lancer with a very oversteer biased set up versuses "default" At 47:040 which is like 550 ish right now.

Lancer is faster most of the time because you dont have to shift to 5th gear. It also feels better in the race than qualiy IMO.

Latest Posts

Back