GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,764 comments
I can't believe the last update broke all of sports mode :/
you say broke, I say functions as it should all time.

Setups should be open. No one would drive a Gr3 or Gr4 car with the factory setting and just deal with its quirks, they would take some Test and tune time and figure out how to make the car fit how they drive/optimize it for the track they are driving.

Care to explain? I must have missed something.
You can alter ALL the tuning settings dailies and nations, manu and GR cup

When you shouldn't be able to 🤦‍♂️

The know about it. And for the GTWS you can no longer use your own car I believe

@JDM_GT7 then there should be no BoP either. I get in the real world etc but it is suppose to be a fun game that is accessible and vaguely balanced for competitive play.

Last edited:
You can alter ALL the tuning settings dailies and nations, manu and GR cup

When you shouldn't be able to 🤦‍♂️

The know about it. And for the GTWS you can no longer use your own car I believe

@JDM_GT7 then there should be no BoP either. I get in the real world etc but it is suppose to be a fun game that is accessible and vaguely balanced for competitive play.
I mean you could have set up with in the BoP. I do not think Bop should go away from Gr1-Gr4/Grb races. I just think set up should be fully allowed all the time.

Tuning is not going to unbalance the game. It will let some car that are not great maybe match the other car. Since most of the slowness/hard to drive off many of the car is in the base line tune. The glitch has opened op how somethings are tuned in Bop and some thing are just crazy. Like the R30 nissan having 2.0 front camber and 0 rear camber, or many cars having extreme rear wing and almost no front wing. Also rear toe in on front wheel drive gr4 cars.

If sport mode went to 100 percent set up allowed all the time, the DR will just shift. in a couple week the lobbies will be as balanced as ever.

"fun" is subjective. I am not sure how not being able set up car is less fun.

accessible.....no one is stopping people from running base line tunes.

I just do not understand why the player base is supposedly so afraid of this. Setup has always been a part of GT games until sport mode.

I mean you could have set up with in the BoP. I do not think Bop should go away from Gr1-Gr4/Grb races. I just think set up should be fully allowed all the time.

Tuning is not going to unbalance the game. It will let some car that are not great maybe match the other car. Since most of the slowness/hard to drive off many of the car is in the base line tune. The glitch has opened op how somethings are tuned in Bop and some thing are just crazy. Like the R30 nissan having 2.0 front camber and 0 rear camber, or many cars having extreme rear wing and almost no front wing. Also rear toe in on front wheel drive gr4 cars.

If sport mode went to 100 percent set up allowed all the time, the DR will just shift. in a couple week the lobbies will be as balanced as ever.

I just do not understand why the player base is supposedly so afraid of this. Setup has always been a part of GT games until sport mode.
Yes, fun is subjective, and it’s pretty clear that fun is “no tuning” for more people than it isn’t, and it doesn’t seem to be close either. Most people would rather a race of drivers, than a race of who knows the magic clicks to exploit the game physics better. The tuning isn’t realistic, so don’t try to pretend it is. So it’s better off without it, a true test of driver vs driver, only.

Tuning is not going to unbalance the game
If you know how to do the settings glitch changing more settings has an advantage.

One of my friends moved to 11th in the world changing the camber settings.

So settings vs default are hugely impactful.

Edit:

It's a fallacy to not believe that things would converge to the optimum setup just probably slower.

Whether settings are allowed or not it's a very small pool of players who top the leaderboards in each setup allowed and not allowed.

Last edited:

In a nutshell. If pd put solid effort into making the sdk for wheels accurate enough to feel everything then tunings fine. As it stands, they keep the ffb toyish, (dd extreme). Which makes tuning, for those of us uninitiated, to be a bit more poke and hope than is fun. Pre 1.43 it sounds like a blast..now..meh

Yes, fun is subjective, and it’s pretty clear that fun is “no tuning” for more people than it isn’t, and it doesn’t seem to be close either. Most people would rather a race of drivers, than a race of who knows the magic clicks to exploit the game physics better. The tuning isn’t realistic, so don’t try to pretend it is. So it’s better off without it, a true test of driver vs driver, only.
I do autocross/TT and road racing IRL.

There is nt a single class where the cars are truly spec. Especially Gt3 and Gt4 racing..

like no one wins a Gt3 race and people do not go they only won because of their setup.

BTW the FFB does change from tire to tire, and camber and sway bar absolutely have an effect on how the wheel is feeling.

There is nt a single class where the cars are truly spec. Especially Gt3 and Gt4 racing..

like no one wins a Gt3 race and people do not go they only won because of their setup.

BTW the FFB does change from tire to tire, and camber and sway bar absolutely have an effect on how the wheel is feeling.
Cool. The ffb on the extreme has been a moving target the past few patches and while pre 1.43 it was rough around the edges, but pretty great…these days i struggle to get some relative parity between my yoke170, the 300 and my 330. Such a rabbit hole, so many trade off’s now ><. I figured it was going to be too hard to discern messing around with the wheel vs tuning so have to confess to not trying yet.

Oh. And ya. Course with the tires.

Had the pleasure of racing with @GOTMAXPOWER in Race A this afternoon - well, I say racing with him, we weren't really in the same race....
20240427_145038.jpg

I couldn't even catch him when he slowed down at the start on the start/finish straight to let everyone past 🤣

Also ended up in one of the YouTubers streams - managed to beat him though! 🙂

I’m not debating any of that, I’m saying if you want that level of realism, you’re better of with ACC or iRacing in all honesty. GT just isn’t the place for it, the vast majority of GT drivers just wanna hop on and race, and that’s it, they don’t wanna muck around with setups and settings stuff. GT is the happy medium between realism and gamey-ness, and it’s good at it. That’s what makes it so good really.

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of racing with @GOTMAXPOWER in Race A this afternoon - well, I say racing with him, we weren't really in the same race....
View attachment 1350751
I couldn't even catch him when he slowed down at the start on the start/finish straight to let everyone past 🤣

Also ended up in one of the YouTubers streams - managed to beat him though! 🙂
It was nice to see you in a race, I was trying to slow down on the straight on lap 1 to get you in the slipstream but the gap was just too big 😢

I was excited when I saw where my new QT put me in this lobby:

1714241238460.png

I mean, a bunch of A+ guys in front of me means there's some serious SR to gain if all of them crash, or quit, or...

Ah, who's kidding who? I crashed and burned before the end of lap 1. :lol:

I would have finished DFL except a couple of guys quit (NOT A+ unfortunately), and one guy inexplicably stopped in the pits - he was dead last anyway - his name had "VR" in it and I think something went wrong with his gear.

If I can be serious for a moment (I don't know, can I?), I'm having trouble when the guys in front come up to the first turn, and people slow down. I mean, I don't hit anyone, but I also lose my mojo and get in trouble right away. It's a lot easier when I start closer to the pole, because there's fewer cars to bottleneck.

Last edited:
They have screwed up the wheel settings so bad.

So there is the bug, we know that it sucks.

But now the FFB torque is all screwed up. 5 is like nothing now yet 7 is not heavy just more slower to respond.

I don't know how they manage it, to break more things than they fix :/ just bizarre regression testing.

@GrumpyOldMan natural I'm afraid.

Think of it this way we rarely practice starts in this game with colder tyres and more fuel so those first couple of corners are more "dynamic" than we know.

There is always a mentality shift that needs to happen to. This shift is settle in, hit your apexes or exit speeds and then take stock of the race around you.

You and I aren't catching those A+ guys, and the SS dude is actually in the game both on circuit experiences and AI races so beating the AI is fine the real one would be a struggle, seriously tough lobby. Those guys go fast, really fast it's what they do.

Last edited:
Regarding open tuning Vs default setup.

I would, personally much rather tweak a car to my heart's content, BUT if the consequence of having it as standard is that the player pool gets diminished then it becomes a hard No.

I agree that part of the beauty of GT is the tuning aspect, but Sport Mode relies on healthy player base. We've seen how quickly things can devolve (ie: Race A) when you mess around with the tried and tested formula.

I was excited when I saw where my new QT put me in this lobby:

View attachment 1350772

I mean, a bunch of A+ guys in front of me means there's some serious SR to gain if all of them crash, or quit, or...

Ah, who's kidding who? I crashed and burned before the end of lap 1. :lol:

I would have finished DFL except a couple of guys quit (NOT A+ unfortunately), and one guy inexplicably stopped in the pits - he was dead last anyway - his name had "VR" in it and I think something went wrong with his gear.

If I can be serious for a moment (I don't know, can I?), I'm having trouble when the guys in front come up to the first turn, and people slow down. I mean, I don't hit anyone, but I also lose my mojo and get in trouble right away. It's a lot easier when I start closer to the pole, because there's fewer cars to bottleneck.
Good ol' 8th place. I got 4 pole positions with my 1'55.323 time, so I didn't bother to improve my time anymore.

I’m not debating any of that, I’m saying if you want that level of realism, you’re better of with ACC or iRacing in all honesty. GT just isn’t the place for it, the vast majority of GT drivers just wanna hop on and race, and that’s it, they don’t wanna muck around with setups and settings stuff. GT is the happy medium between realism and gamey-ness, and it’s good at it. That’s what makes it so good really.
100% agreed.

And, if I might add: it takes a lot of time to figure out the best settings, which many just don't have or want to spend (and, honestly, wouldn't be able to find out anyway, like, err... me 😬).
So many will wait until one of the experts posts the best tuning, which then everybody uses. Which makes it rather pointless again.

Well, yea! That's all part of it.

100% agreed.

And, if I might add: it takes a lot of time to figure out the best settings, which many just don't have or want to spend (and, honestly, wouldn't be able to find out anyway, like, err... me 😬).
So many will wait until one of the experts posts the best tuning, which then everybody uses. Which makes it rather pointless again.
Amen to that, couple of days ago I spent about an hour and 20 minutes or so testing different settings on the Lancer in Race C.

Change one thing a bit and run 3 laps, change it some more, run 3 laps.

Then change something else and run 3 laps and so on and so on. All just to realize I don't run consistent enough laps to really be able to tell if what I'm changing is having a real effect or not.

in the end I think I figured out roll bar settings of 2/3 work better for me.

8th to 1st in one corner 😂 We might need a Himedic on the track for the blue Porsche, not sure what he hit but he hit it HARD!:

The first time I watched this, I didn't even notice the blue Porsche getting yanked back into 1999 because I was hypnotized by you weaving back and forth for like a week and not losing it.

Participation for race C seems a bit low - I never get matched with A+ outside race As. Even seeing DR As is a rarity at my level on PS5.

IMG_4281.jpeg

I understand though - it’s an incredibly dull 20 laps.

I had a race at Trial Mountain last night that consisted of 10 A drivers, 4 B's and 2 C drivers. It was a nice mix. I was the only D out there which was unique for me. It's best if I be myself on the track instead of being arrogant and have my ego boost showing off.

@bone_tone I knew it all along it was him. I have good eyesight because those letters in his name were small.

Back