GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,913 comments
A - Tsukuba karts
B - Suzuka Gr4
C - Atlanta Gr3
All three of those have my interest. Karts are always a good bit of fun, Suzuka is great if you can avoid getting speared at the first corner or the hairpin, and Atlanta with RS tyres should be interesting.
After taking a week away from Sport mode, and enjoying some time drafting at Daytona, in the multi-player lobbies, I'm looking forward to using the brake pedal again! 😂

Anyone has an idea why you can't drive your own liveries this week?
From the GT7 Known Issues page:
Car Settings
 - There are cases in which car settings can be changed despite being restricted in the event regulations.*

*This issue is due to be fixed in an upcoming update.
In order to prevent this affecting online events (like the four rounds of GTWS Nations & TGRGT Cup, and the Dailies), PD has implemented a quick fix to only allow event-specified cars in Sport Mode.

The question I have is why it's showing as partial settings available (BB, LSD, Suspension) when Detailed Settings apparently cannot be selected...

Last edited:
I've finished almost 980 races so I'm almost at the 1,000 for my race total for the game. So, how long did it take you guys to reach an A/B level? It seems like it's taking forever for me for my rank to rise. I remember back in September 2023 my level went up to C for a month and then after that it went back down after about 25 races. Some I did not do so well in.
So for me:

121 Races
8 Wins
76 Top 5s

I'm more of a Scott Dixon type driver, often I'm more than happy settling for a high place than pushing for a win and possibly crashing out. Maybe that helps, I dunno 😂

From the GT7 Known Issues page:

In order to prevent this affecting online events (like the four rounds of GTWS Nations & TGRGT Cup, and the Dailies), PD has implemented a quick fix to only allow event-specified cars in Sport Mode.

The question I have is why it's showing as partial settings available (BB, LSD, Suspension) when Detailed Settings apparently cannot be selected...
it like a reverse from laast week....

Last week - not supposed to be able to tune - can tune.

This week - supposed to be able to tune = can not tune.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Rental Lottery

The latest Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races are now available, with a slightly different look than usual as Polyphony Digital implements a quick fix forced by a glitch introduced in last week’s update 1.46...
However it’s unlikely (but not impossible) that you’ll make the whole race on one set of tires in a decent time.
It's quite likely actually, I did two non-stop races in the RX Vision finishing 2nd and 4th. Top 2 in the first race were non-stoppers, top 5 in the second race didn't stop. You do need to look after those tyres carefully though, I was well off full race pace nursing them home.

It's quite likely actually, I did two non-stop races in the RX Vision finishing 2nd and 4th. Top 2 in the first race were non-stoppers, top 5 in the second race didn't stop. You do need to look after those tyres carefully though, I was well off full race pace nursing them home.
Hence:
Unless you’re very good at preserving tires, the last two laps are probably going to be very sketchy.

it like a reverse from laast week....

Last week - not supposed to be able to tune - can tune.

This week - supposed to be able to tune = can not tune.
Also for the pitstop, this week in Race C you can do a race without the pitstop and drive on ice for the last 3-4 laps because of the 5x RS tires, but last couple of weeks we had RH with mandatory stops :D

Is it just me or is Race B weird this week?

1. It says you can tune suspension, etc but no access to the car settings in Qualy mode
  2. I can only choose default cars and not my own

TGRGT Cup
We were able to use our garage cars with liveries in the first round of the Gazoo Cup. You can see some screenshots in the relevant thread. I think it was made possible by disallowing any setting (even brake bias).

Is it just me or is Race B weird this week?

1. It says you can tune suspension, etc but no access to the car settings in Qualy mode
  2. I can only choose default cars and not my own
😐
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Rental Lottery

The latest Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races are now available, with a slightly different look than usual as Polyphony Digital implements a quick fix forced by a glitch introduced in last week’s update 1.46...

@Leon Kowalski @TechnoIsLove keen as always on a Monday to get in early with a QT!

Quite satisfying to see we've each gone for a different one of the "Metas"...

18f29bb603e36-screenshotUrl.jpg

for mortals in Daily C BRZ might be a good option in the race. Doesnt eat tires nearly as bad as the M6.
Both of those are viable choices, the cars that finished ahead of my RX Vision in my two non-stopping races were: 1 BRZ, 1 M6 Enduro & 2 McLaren's

So by that table, your best rank was #1,263 which was posted on April 26th?
As far as I can tell (I didn't start tracking my QTs until the end of January 2004).

Honestly I don't know why I put up such good times this (last) week, but the really cool thing is that I kept almost beating the times even as late as Sunday night, so it wasn't an alien lap or anything. I should have played the lotto.

Here's the usual weekly race guide! For those wondering about the selection, I have a funny feeling they will fix this bug this week (Not a matter of fact though). It will be the reason why those settings are the way they are... or alternatively we've done it before and they just loaded those settings and just changed it to car specific (They have unlimited slots in terms of lobby settings to save, I think we have 100 from memory).

1,000%. As someone who enjoys watching replays and taking action photos, all the cars having OE liveries ruins it. This better not effect Manu.
I haven't looked at the races but this is even worse when one car is the meta and the race ends up with 16 of the same car in the same colour. Hopefully they put out a hotfix this week like last time they cocked up (a whole month ago with the Ford BOP typo).

Even once they fix the glitch I doubt they can change the cars allowed in the race without wiping the leaderboards so we'll be stuck with standard liveries for a while 😢

Update, my meeting doesn't start until 3pm, so I have a little bit of time to chat/race with you guys. Then I have to leave the rest of the day. So, how are the Suzuka races coming along? And what are good viable choices for getting through the track quickly. 130R and Degner 1 are two of my arch nemesis's. They kill any of my good laps.

Back