GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,968 comments
@GOTMAXPOWER lol, I just saw your recent video. That was funny at the end, it is all about love, war and fairness when it comes to racing. It was hard driving on that track at night, made it really difficult to navigate all the complex turns and chicanes. But I made it through.

How did you do that slow-mo thing at the end, where the video speed went down?

I'm so glad Daily Race A is a kart race. After the last one around Brands Hatch Indy where it gave me some good racing during the week, same thing can be said for this at least on my experience.

Did four stints and all of them I managed to get a win but the racing was nice. I kept being consistent throughout those four stints and really it rewarded me nicely with the best feeling I had with the kart in a while.

Looks like I picked a good time to pop in for one :cheers:

Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 15.58.47.png

Hope everyone is well!

@GOTMAXPOWER lol, I just saw your recent video. That was funny at the end, it is all about love, war and fairness when it comes to racing. It was hard driving on that track at night, made it really difficult to navigate all the complex turns and chicanes. But I made it through.

How did you do that slow-mo thing at the end, where the video speed went down?
I'm not sure the memo on fairness made its way to everyone 😂

I edit these in ShareFactory, that is a option called Time Bender, if you have editing software on your computer you'll be able to do a smoother transition but this works okay for what I needed.

OK so this is a bit funny... I thought with the Race B limits for this week (renting default cars) would take away some of the fun but, so far, I think I was mistaken 🙃

Getting very consistent with my laps and so far, I am sitting on a 2:08:7 driving the G70 and it's quite fun! No clue how to shave 2s to be closer to the top times lol but whatever, having fun!

The 2nd surprise was the racing! I did 2 so far, first with my 2nd account to test the waters (driving standards) and after being encouraged by the mostly-clean driving, I hopped into main account and also did well.

I almost blew it on Lap 3 when my TV almost went on standby and the message box really distracted me at the worse time lol (going flat out at 130R) and by some miracle, held the car and managed to defend P6 after the car behind caught up with me as I lost almost 1.5s in that moment 😅

Considering I started in the middle, before the mistake, I was within 4s of the leader and they all were fast drivers, so quite happy with my race pace at the moment 😁

1714408292464.jpeg
1714408300202.jpeg

1714408326542.jpeg
1714408337993.jpeg

Also, seems like this week will be a fun challenge as very close times in my friend leaderboard 🥸

Last edited:
Skipped out on a lot of last week's races, but this week's looks like it could... oh dangit.

OK, 4 laps around Suzuka doesn't seem like enough without a good QT, and if I remember correctly, I'm rubbish with karts and Road Atlanta.

I better git gud, because tentatively tiptoeing around the tracks for 1:00.220 Tsukuba, 2:14.295 Suzuka, and 1:20.826 Road Atlanta QTs ain't gonna cut it.

Will try a few races after lunch. 😐

For the longest time, I've been trying to remember a specific race venue that I know I had an absolute blast on, but I couldn't remember the track.

I finally remembered that I used the V12 a lot in that race, and I was able to track down the track (see what I did there?) by filtering in GranTracker. The track?

Lago Maggiore East Reverse

1714410414998.png

After the hairpin at the start, you head up a winding path to the top of a hill (T5/T6) and then work your way back down. Like I said, I remember it being a total blast, and I must be remembering correctly because I did 38 races that week.

It was March of 2023, and with all the repeats they've given us over the months, why not this one?

Does anyone else remember this race? It was Gr.3 on RM tires for 5 laps.

Sadly it's an awesome week but my time is limited this week. Work and life stuff will keep me away from the rig.

Have fun and go fast peeps. Race safe and stay clean!
I'm the same, I can't race until weekend after tonight, which is a shame... because of work/life I dont think I can fit in Daytona in the Nations cup on Wednesday which I'm gutted about.

Anyway, I've mostly ran Race A for a few weeks, but had a couple of hours tonight and jumped into Race C. Road Atlanta is usually hit or miss for me because I think the narrow sections brings out the worst of the thirsty hotlappers, however for some reason I had a good time tonight.

The BMW feels great, and I am probably in the minority but I like the tire wear because I drive like a grandma naturally so it works for me. I even got a P1 which is rare in the ranked races.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Did a few more qualifying laps at Suzuka's Race B in the NXS, and dropped my QT down a little bit to 2:13.122.

Race 1: Started P12. Got pushed into a spin at the second Degner Curve on the first lap while trying to avoid carnage, and dropped to P15 (last). Made up a few places, but tagged the rear of P10 going into Spoon Curve on the last lap. Got passed while I waited for the poor guy to recover, and resigned myself to a P12 finish.

Race 2: Started P10. Had an off at T1 on the first lap, and if it wasn't bad enough to be in the gravel by myself on an unforced error, someone else followed and tagged me. The resulting engine damage left me in P16 (last), and well off the back of everyone else. Finished P15.

Race 3: Started P9. Noticed my rating dropped down to C/S. Awesome. Capitalized on people in front of me making mistakes, and finished P5.

Race 4: Started P12. I guess the Ferrari in front of me woke up choosing violence, because on the last lap, they wiped out a couple cars in front of us*, and collected a 4.0 second penalty, which gifted me P8.

Race 5: Started P13. Kept my nose clean and picked up a P6.

I'm a pixel away from being B/S again, but decided I had had enough of that noise, and worked on my QT a bit, getting it down to a 2:11.113.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

R0K3lad5j9ACU_ouPtqGd9XgYx9uMW_dk4qb3sKbrDVLDeNK0icFl3eWTinLpIz_4NhwxKU8eX1hVZuqkQFSpUxATXPYpabb-fNpxn7jhUGhpO85rV-ulV_AtDUaUggp

Wth. Ran race C earlier today a few times. Jump back on tonight and the race settings have changed to pit required!?

Half the lobby didn't pit and got a penalty. Other half I just thought there was some new meta strategy or something and just did my thing. P4 down to p12.

Wth. Ran race C earlier today a few times. Jump back on tonight and the race settings have changed to pit required!?

Half the lobby didn't pit and got a penalty. Other half I just thought there was some new meta strategy or something and just did my thing. P4 down to p12.
It is as you mention. Now there's a pit stop required.
In my opinion a very welcome change. Now there's strategy involved on the race when there were none before.
It was this or a change to the tires to RMs....

I very much welcome the change.

I think it got changed at 11pm EST as I did that race and same thing happened to me, but not in the race 30min before.

My first attempt at Daily RACE C and this is what happened, pretty good race, nice battling at the top with a german called Fusi, when some guys pitted but I braved it out to see how long my tyres would last......They did not lol, but fun nonetheless!

Will Try Race A & B later on today and see how I Go!

Last edited:
I've always sucked at Suzuka, and this week is no exception. Assuming I actually do some races, I'll be out of DR A and back to DR B in no time. It was fun while it lasted.
I would love to do the VR2 but pretty sure I'd get motion sickness before the end of lap 1
I bought the VR headset when it first came out, and I did indeed get very motion sick, which I kind of expected due to the fact I can get seasick standing on a dock (true story).

However, there's lots of discussions about how to ease yourself into VR and help minimize motion sickness, so assuming they still allow free returns, you might give it a try.

Back