GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,942 comments
Thank you for the info, that will give me a clue as of how to get through it quickly without any errors. Practice does make perfect, trial and error is key too!

My time is fast and reasonable, 2'13.780. I really hate 130R, it is a very tricky section to master while driving fast. Then the last chicane before the finish line sometimes kills my good laps.
If you try the Scirocco you can basically go though r130 at 135mph. its not even a full lift. I am at 2:08:68x with that car at suzuka right now. And mid 2:09 in race pace with out much interference.

it also opens open passing in T1, Spoon and 130R and in the chicane after 130R. basically I can take very inside lines off the racing line at speed that even the A/A+ drivers are struggling with the Supra, Silvia, and Cayman. Even the people who have qualified a head of me I have been able to to take inside at T1, Inside at the beginning of spoon or play chicken into R130 with them. The straight away speed feels better than the Silvia or Cayman but the Supra is fastest. The supra seems to be much much more prone to mistakes.

It is tricky. I can’t judge the amount of braking required with any consistency, so instead I lift off the throttle just after 200 meter marker, turn in, then dropped down a gear and accelerate as I passed the apex. That’s the most consistent method I found.
in any car you should not have to lift this early.

lift at 50, maybe like 20 percent dab of the brakes and floor it.

I actually did use the Sciccoco car, and still got a 2'13.780 time, but I'll use your advice too to tackle these tricky corners quickly and safely without going in the sand. Yea, I'm not a fan of the Supra car, it feels heavy and it doesn't perform at it's best level like it should.

New member here. I bought GT7 when it first released. I stopped playing because of the bad early state of the game. I am just coming back this week and trying to get back into the game. Probably a dumb question, but how can I practice for the daily races without entering the events? Is there a way to practice on a given track with a car setup with the BOP restrictions for a specific race. For example, how should I go about practicing for Race B?

As suspected, go karts in VR is a blast. I can’t wait to do some actual races! 58.3 so far, but there’s lots more time to be had left there. :)

Dam VR looks fun with the karts! Anyone else here using wheel for karting? It's so freakin touchy. I'm at 57.1 so far but I think low .0 or high .9 is possible

Last edited:
New member here. I bought GT7 when it first released. I stopped playing because of the bad early state of the game. I am just coming back this week and trying to get back into the game. Probably a dumb question, but how can I practice for the daily races without entering the events? Is there a way to practice on a given track with a car setup with the BOP restrictions for a specific race. For example, how should I go about practicing for Race B?
Go to: Sport > Daily Races > Choose Race > Qualifying Time Trial > Choose Car > OK the BoP regulations > Do laps to your heart's content. Good luck!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Go to Sport > Daily Races > Choose Race > Qualifying Time Trial > Choose Car > OK the BoP regulations > Do laps to your heart's content. Good luck!

tenor.gif
Thanks. Is there a way to see someone else ghost besides your own or a way to tell if you are doing well in a certain segment vs the norm for the track? My problem right now is that I don't know the tracks well and don't know if I am taking optimal lines just by running laps.

Maybe it's time to face the music, just jump in and get put in my place again...🙃
I am in this boat right now. I've been enjoying the high altitude (to me) of A+/A lobbies for a few weeks, but I can't get a fast enough QT at Suzuka this week, so I've decided to suffer death by papercuts and lose 1-2 percentage points per race until I'm back down to DR B, where I belong.

1714581275466.png

My time is fast and reasonable, 2'13.780. I really hate 130R, it is a very tricky section to master while driving fast. Then the last chicane before the finish line sometimes kills my good laps.
It is tricky. I can’t judge the amount of braking required with any consistency, so instead I lift off the throttle just after 200 meter marker, turn in, then dropped down a gear and accelerate as I passed the apex. That’s the most consistent method I found.
in any car you should not have to lift this early.

lift at 50, maybe like 20 percent dab of the brakes and floor it.
Update: Oops! I just been for a couple of quali laps, I’m lifting after the 100m marker (probably around 80m) NOT 200. Sorry!

Last edited:
Dam VR looks fun with the karts! Anyone else here using wheel for karting? It's so freakin touchy. I'm at 57.1 so far but I think low .0 or high .9 is possible
It really is a blast in the karts, and any open wheel type cars too. I meant to watch your lap last night, but was having to much fun racing to go back and do more Qually. I’ll have to see if I can chase you down tonight, that was a helluva lap.

Are you using weak or no abs in the karts?

It really is a blast in the karts, and any open wheel type cars too. I meant to watch your lap last night, but was having to much fun racing to go back and do more Qually. I’ll have to see if I can chase you down tonight, that was a helluva lap.

Are you using weak or no abs in the karts?
ABS off, countersteer assist strong

I am in this boat right now. I've been enjoying the high altitude (to me) of A+/A lobbies for a few weeks, but I can't get a fast enough QT at Suzuka this week, so I've decided to suffer death by papercuts and lose 1-2 percentage points per race until I'm back down to DR B, where I belong.

View attachment 1351832
Well, I've hit a wall here. Three hours of trying to improve my QT, nothing but an exercise in futility. I tried several totally different cars and always ended with nearly the same QT:
G70: 2.09.1
Lancer: 2:09.1
Scirocco: 2:09.1
Alfa: 2:09.2 (ha! it's slower)
Toyota: Hate it. Did only one lap.

No way I get into the 2:08s. Don't even know where I lose the time. Getting back into shape seems harder than I thought. Or I've just run out of talent. 🥶

Last edited:
I gotta tell ya, there are some DR A drivers out there that think finishing P9 at Suzuka is the most important thing they could possibly do, no matter what they do to other people. These people need to take a chill pill.
No way I get into the 2:08s. Don't even know where I lose the time. Getting back into shape seems harder than I thought. Or I've just run out of talent. 🥶
You're ahead of me, so take this with a grain of salt: I had a Q lap yesterday that really opened my eyes. I thought I took a corner in the opening esses "ok", but I lost 3 tenths of a second. What that said to me is that there's a lot of time to be lost, or found, in what look like trivial places.

And for me, this means I need to focus on smooth, smooth, smooth, which I don't do well. Especially when I'm racing. Gotta stomp on that gas pedal, and slam on brakes, or someone will pass me!!! 😱

I hope it isn't too long before I drop back to DR B - it's just hard to get excited about starting and finishing in double-digits, especially if people back there are so vicious.

Did 3 daily c races. I didn't set a good time (1:18.4xx) and so I was starting around p10 on low B lobbies. I was murdered left and right. I used the BRZ in 1 race and the 650s in the other two and people in the m6 still felt the need to push me off track to pass. Ffs just wait for the straight, you will pass easily and not ruin my already difficult race.

I really like this combo, and I thought RS tyres would be great, but people are just to eager to pass in sections where it's almost impossible to do a clean pass.

I had some good battles too. It wasn't all bad, but I didn't have a single race where I wasn't pushed off track at least once.

I think I'm out for the week. Can't cope with this right now. I'll stick to TT if I get the time and energy to play. Hope you're having a better time than me.

Last edited:
I'm chilling and taking a small hiatus, won't be back until Friday night, that should give me plenty of time to do as many races as I can however I'm steering clear the C races. 13 laps is too long at Atlanta. I'm going to watch Youtube videos and relax from the racing.

Been having some good races in Race C this week - couldn't get on with the BMW, so used the Vantage instead. It's very stable, less twitchy out of the corners, and fast enough in a straight line too.

It's much more competitive since they introduced the mandatory pitstop, but I hadn't seen another one until yesterday, when two more turned up in one of the races!

Thanks. Is there a way to see someone else ghost besides your own or a way to tell if you are doing well in a certain segment vs the norm for the track? My problem right now is that I don't know the tracks well and don't know if I am taking optimal lines just by running laps.

Have you done all the offline challenges and I mean all, as well the licenses route?
Or you just want to start at the end and skeep the best way to learn the tracks?

Suzuka AGAIN!? It was a TT a few weeks ago, a TGR race a few days ago, a Manu race in two weeks, Daily B this week, and Daily C next week.
Unfortunately, I have to keep my opinion about the person/persons who set up the daily races.
Incompetent. Without ideas and with any idea of what is racing.
And I bet he/she/they earn money for doing it.

Just taking a look at the 4th race of the driver's challenge at Daytona.
What is the point of allowing all Gr1 cars? Group C, VGT and WEC Prototypes.
In a track with two sections, where top speed Group C cars pulverize all others.

Why not set up races where we have enough cars from each class, to avoid this joke?
We can have races only with Group C, VGT and WEC Prototypes alone.

Last edited:
Referring to Race C, but actually more general question:

does the concept of dirty wheels after grass excursion exists in the Gt7 physics?
is it a configurable paramenter in the race options?
if it does exist, how long the "wheels cleanup" takes?

Thanks

Back