GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,062 comments
Yep, I mentioned not too sure if wrong with that, so I agree with you! I am more aggrieved at the swipe at 07:20 into the replay.
Yeah that one Seemed a bit dodgy but also not horrific??? I'd be annoyed if that was me but it didn't seem completely awful... Just a bit naughty

But mainly your driving after the hit was on point so maybe you made it look less bad

Last edited:
Finally got a much-needed win this week.

1714832894623.png

I'm still holding on to DR A by the skin of my teeth:

1714832987971.png

Yep, I mentioned not too sure if wrong with that, so I agree with you! I am more aggrieved at the swipe at 07:20 into the replay.
The move at 7:20 was aggressive and could've ruined your race, so I can see wanting their head on a pike and giving them a special salute when they spun at Spoon. I'm not 100% sure if it was malicious, though? It seemed more like an opportunistic last lap "gogogogo" move that wound up ending poorly.

Congrats on the P4. 👍

Mixed bag this week some are doing B and some are doing C

I haven't done B as it's feels sort of recent to me and I do enjoy Atlanta with the softs...enjoy the drive not a lot of my results mind you 🤣

With Suzuka being daily C next week I think I need to do some familiarisation laps of Sard A!

The move at 7:20 was aggressive and could've ruined your race, so I can see wanting their head on a pike and giving them a special salute when they spun at Spoon. I'm not 100% sure if it was malicious, though? It seemed more like an opportunistic last lap "gogogogo" move that wound up ending poorly.

Congrats on the P4. 👍
Was the 2nd race I had with that dude today and the one before, he pushed I think 2 others off. Even before he did it to me, he was using me as a brake point, going in a bit hot and tapping me to slow down in the S-bends. Not on my Xmas list for sure!

Was the 2nd race I had with that dude today and the one before, he pushed I think 2 others off. Even before he did it to me, he was using me as a brake point, going in a bit hot and tapping me to slow down in the S-bends. Not on my Xmas list for sure!
Ah, OK yeah. If I was getting bumped around through the Esses and almost put off at Dunlop, I'd be seeing red, too. 😤

Image google “Playseat Trophy storage”.
That’s it, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. thanks
OK humble opinions needed (3rd race in list)

Race 1 yesterday - Fairly straight-forward, finished in P5 (+1 position) in a close and fair race.

Race 2 - Start in P3, finish Lap 2 in P2 and within a car-length of P1. Stays that way until the last half of Lap 4 when the car forgets that turning the steering wheel should also turn the car... Finish P7.

Race 3 just now - Start in P5 and first lap goes well, we start gapping everyone behind and then P4 and P3 start to get frisky. I pass P4 at the exit of Spoon and P3 entering 130R after the slow each other down.

Then it starts... P4 brakes aggressively on the final chicane, bumping me as we exit onto Lap 3 and I think he possibly tried steering into me after recovering the car. I knew he wouldn't stop. So when it gets to Turn 1, I let him past after (surprise, surprise) more contact.

At the end of Sector 1 on Lap 3, P5 behind, after a series of bumps and not allowing me to take the corners well, cuts the corner, side-swipes me and tries to run me off track! I manage to keep it on the tarmac and then Spoon final lap, karma kicks in and he spins out, handing me P4 and manage to keep the position with P5 very close behind.

View attachment 1352633 View attachment 1352636
View attachment 1352634 View attachment 1352635

Was the contact in the race within the rules of fairness or too much? I think some of the hits could have been ok, but the constant hits and the obvious shoving crosses the line in un-sportsmanship behaviour, in my opinion.

I think there’s a difference between a malicious/ angry driver and a bad, anxious driver, I think you had the bad, anxious driver. I think there are times, late in the race when the overtake and pass just doesn’t exist but putting hard pressure on the leading driver works pretty well. He definitely was past the line of pressure but, he didn’t punt you.
In the lower lobbies I race in, when you have a malicious driver, they make it pretty clear.

I'm losing my mojo to race peeps.

Im extremely aware in my races and always the first to move or give back a place (no contact) and honestly the positions don't matter.

I was called out recovering From an incident someone else had, I got caught up in it so was ghosting but trying hard to keep the pace and get off the racing line...hard to do at the off camber down hill at Atlanta.

The guy was offended I just kept my line, I was trying to get off it, but really going round the outside there is risky. The chicane, fine but the top of the hill!?

I'll post the replay of this one, it's made me question my race etiquette

Last edited:
Sorry this is a day late.

Clearly it's not plugged in or turned on, but this is my setup for when I'm wheel racing and not being lazy and using the pad (99% of the time).

Chair rolls back under braking, pedals/wheelstand moves under any pressure unless its wedged neatly against the TV unit, I need to at least get a non slip mat and a lock for the chair wheels 😂😂

(Thrustmaster T150, 14 year old Wheelstand Pro)

View attachment 1352599
I've got that same wheel stand. I modified it years ago as mentioned here.

Also use these shown here to keep the chair from backing up during serious braking efforts.

Last edited:
Just the kind of opportunistic, desperate move which is the archetype for the lobbies we find ourselves in (more than half of the names in your lobbies I recognise from this week at Suzuka). I'm on the fence whether there's bad intentions (doubt it), ignorance (grow some balls and own your mistake), or marginal 'getting away with it' (whoops, I didn't realise). Whichever of those is the truth, there exists a protocol and they certainly didn't follow it.

Sometimes a post-race lobby "I'm Sorry" is enough to remind me it's just a game.

Last edited:
I probably won't upload many videos to YouTube (I mostly just share in-game), but yesterday's Race 1 was a much-needed confidence boost after weeks of winless struggles for increasingly rarer Top 5 finishes, and I was pretty stoked to have lucked out, so now y'all gotta suffer.

full

full

I probably won't upload many videos to YouTube (I mostly just share in-game), but yesterday's Race 1 was a much-needed confidence boost after weeks of winless struggles for increasingly rarer Top 5 finishes, and I was pretty stoked to have lucked out, so now y'all gotta suffer.

full

full

Still on vacation so I watched the entire race. Good race up front. Amazing how many drivers will take themselves out if you just drive a clean, mistake-free race and stay on their ass. CG Spit has gotta be pissed.

Wow, I'm amazed at all the pictures you guys showed, where you keep your equipment ,things. I will show my place later, it's really big too. I'm off to eat for a while. Lol, I haven't done any races yet this week. I'm in shoo-be-doo mode. I don't have an ironing board. My place isn't perfect either, it's a mess some. I need to tidy it up this summer.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm amazed at all the pictures you guys showed, where you keep your equipment ,things. I will show my place later, it's really big too. I'm off to eat for a while. Lol, I haven't done any races yet this week. I'm in shoo-be-doo mode. I don't have an ironing board. My place isn't perfect either, it's a mess some. I need to tidy it up this summer.
My other passion is stereo equipment and music. The other forums actually have entire forums dedicated to Show Your Equipment and Show Your Listening Space. I didn’t see one for GT. They have some of the largest responses.

My other passion is stereo equipment and music. The other forums actually have entire forums dedicated to Show Your Equipment and Show Your Listening Space. I didn’t see one for GT. They have some of the largest responses.
My stepdad had a big entertainment center with a Magnavox TV, a stereo system and high-definition and a cassette player. It died in 2007, it lasted a good 9-10 years. We used it a lot to watch TV, listen to music and other normal life things. And we could store all our tapes, DVD's, CD's, etc.

I guess I'll do a few races at Suzuka and Tsukuba, I might as well. Today's the last day of them.

I just had the oddest lobby. I started P2, finished P3, and gained 2% DR points. That's right, P3 and only 2%. It's because I'm a DR A and most of the people were DR B, so there's not a lot of DR to draw from.

This may not be unusual for some of you, but this is one of my few forays into DR A with a good QT so I start at a decent position.
My other passion is stereo equipment and music. The other forums actually have entire forums dedicated to Show Your Equipment and Show Your Listening Space.
If I'm not mistaken, and @Famine can correct me if I'm wrong, there is a thread here for that, but threads disappear off the top of the list so you have to search for it. I think. And of course I could just do a search now to find out, but where's the fun in that?
Finally got to B this morning. Now I’m hanging on for dear life…
Awesome! Be proud, and believe that you belong. Don't let "imposter syndrome" mess with your mind - belief goes a long way in races.

I'm just assuming you'll experience imposter syndrome - most of the people on this forum have, including myself. It's insidious. It's what causes me to focus more on the person behind me than the people in front. The best way I've found to combat this is that if someone behind me is obviously faster than I am, I let them pass. That way my focus can go back on driving, instead of surviving.

I don't know why I'm pontificating on a subject no one brought up. :rolleyes: I think it's time for breakfast.

I just had the oddest lobby. I started P2, finished P3, and gained 2% DR points. That's right, P3 and only 2%. It's because I'm a DR A and most of the people were DR B, so there's not a lot of DR to draw from.

This may not be unusual for some of you, but this is one of my few forays into DR A with a good QT so I start at a decent position.

If I'm not mistaken, and @Famine can correct me if I'm wrong, there is a thread here for that, but threads disappear off the top of the list so you have to search for it. I think. And of course I could just do a search now to find out, but where's the fun in that?

Awesome! Be proud, and believe that you belong. Don't let "imposter syndrome" mess with your mind - belief goes a long way in races.

I'm just assuming you'll experience imposter syndrome - most of the people on this forum have, including myself. It's insidious. It's what causes me to focus more on the person behind me than the people in front. The best way I've found to combat this is that if someone behind me is obviously faster than I am, I let them pass. That way my focus can go back on driving, instead of surviving.

I don't know why I'm pontificating on a subject no one brought up. :rolleyes: I think it's time for breakfast.
this why on sprint races sometimes I will not risk my Main account unless enough A/A+ are present. Daily C I am typically fine because one bad moves by a dirty B driver is recoverable but in Daily B this week if you get taken out first turn it can be hard to work though the field cleanly.

I like to keep my main account solidly A because Gt1 GTWS events are so much cleaner with the heavy non repairable damage model.

Ya, I did the search and didn’t find much of relevance. There are lots of pretty strange threads out there though and an interesting poll on age with the highest number of GTPlaneters at 26-40 years of age. (51-65 was 11%).
So far, the most current page on rigs was you guys last week.
Heading home today, looking forward to races this week.

I just had one of the best races, and finishes, in a really, really, really long time. I mean most nerve-wracking, adrenaline-flowing, heart-thumping, and at the end, a huge DR gain. At Suzuka, by the way.

1714933972878.png

Here's the field at the finish:

1714934116560.png

Notice that the entire field is A/S drivers, and I finished frickin' first! Whoo hoo!

Gave me a 7% increase in DR, which brings me back up to 19%.

I have commitments the rest of the day, and there's no way I'll race later, on a Sunday evening, so this is where I'll end the week.

I did 20 races this week, and this is probably my first week with no DNFs in a long time (a conscious decision to keep my SR up).

1714934465344.png

1714934494619.png

Hope y'all had as much fun this week as I did! And again, thank you to @TechnoIsLove for sharing your Q lap. I couldn't have done it without your help.

Hopped back into Suzuka's Race B for a handful of races in the NSX before the Miami Grand Prix ($180USD for nachos?!). Didn't improve on my 2:10.719 QT.

Race 1: Started P8. Scrappy race with lots of small errors on my part. Had some minor contact with other cars. Finished P6, and improved my C/S rating to B/S again. Yeah, let's see how long that lasts...

Race 2: Started P13. Got up to P6 by the end of Lap 3, thanks to the people ahead of me playing bumper cars. Messed up my line going into the Esses on the final lap, got tagged, and took damage, dropping me back down the field. Finished P13.

Race 3: Started P13 again. Found myself in P8 at the start of Lap 3, and was positioned to gain a couple more places going into the Esses, until someone in front of me had an off and rejoined the track right into me, causing damage and a minor off. Finished P10.

Race 4: Started P10. A Silvia woke up and chose violence, getting past me and pushing other cars around, until karma (carma?) dealt them an off. Had a nice scrap with a Mustang. Finished behind them for a P7.

Race 5: Started P10 again. Gained a couple places, but got pushed wide heading into the Esses on Lap 2. Couldn't recover and finished P12.

Race 6: Started P11. I guess this Mazda3 didn't appreciate my inside pass at the Hairpin, because they pushed me wide at Spoon a short while later. Another P12.

Well that's enough of that! Going to try and set a better QT for some more races after the Miami GP. I'm honestly surprised that I'm still rated B/S.

tenor.gif

I just had one of the best races, and finishes, in a really, really, really long time. I mean most nerve-wracking, adrenaline-flowing, heart-thumping, and at the end, a huge DR gain. At Suzuka, by the way.

View attachment 1353004

Here's the field at the finish:

View attachment 1353008

Notice that the entire field is A/S drivers, and I finished frickin' first! Whoo hoo!

Gave me a 7% increase in DR, which brings me back up to 19%.

I have commitments the rest of the day, and there's no way I'll race later, on a Sunday evening, so this is where I'll end the week.

I did 20 races this week, and this is probably my first week with no DNFs in a long time (a conscious decision to keep my SR up).

View attachment 1353012

View attachment 1353013

Hope y'all had as much fun this week as I did! And again, thank you to @TechnoIsLove for sharing your Q lap. I couldn't have done it without your help.
… and you didn’t post the race ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did a bit of QT grinding at Suzuka in the NSX, and found nearly a second, scoring a 2:09.877.

Race 7: Started P7. Gained a couple places before going a bit wide at Dunlop on Lap 2, dipping the right rear tire onto the grass, and losing it in a solo spin, dropping down to P13. Wound up P11.

Race 8: Started P2. Didn't have the pace to catch the lead Supra, or to stay in front of a rapid Huracan, but am happy to have finished P3 for a podium.

Race 9: Started P3. Got pushed into a spin coming out of the Hairpin on Lap 1 and rejoined the track in P16 (last). Managed P13. Got an apology after the race, so points there*.

Race 10: Started P4. Back-to-back brain farts coming out of Casio on Laps 2 and 3 lost me a few places. Barely held on to P7.

Decided to hold on to my B/S rating for another day, and wait for the next batch of dailies to raze it to the ground.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

anime-head-pat-anime-pat.gif

With all the bugs with this last update, I was staying away from the dailies this week. Then I was getting bored, decided that I would try race A. With KART being in my ID I had to enter. I have been lucky and have had some great races running in A.

What used to happen to me was I’d get really nervous when racing online. Like leg shaking nervous. Luckily, that no longer happens!

I think I have a pretty realistic sense of my limited abilities! Fact is B lobbies are harder than they used to be, but that’s fine. And if I bounce between B and C for a while, that’s fine too!

Agree, letting faster drivers by is the way to go (unless it’s last lap last corner, in which case go defensive!). The reason I do it is that I can then follow them, get in their slip, maybe learn something. And if they got by because they were overdriving the car, they’ll likely bin it.

The other benefit of doing this is you can’t assume drivers will be clean in GT so having someone close behind means there’s always the risk of a punterino which is no bueno!

Last edited:
Back