GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,364 comments
No idea why a barrier collision = immediate penalty in this game. If anyone can enlighten me I'd be delighted? Just seems to encourage people to put you into them.
It's because on some tracks people have worked out how to deliberately use barrier contact to get around quicker. So instead of a more subtle proportionate fix PD just enable their over top barrier contact penalty for those races.

Haven't tried Race B yet and just spent an hour trying out different cars and settings for Race C - Seems I have settled for the NISMO 18' but I know it won't be easy to improve too much this week. I think I might be lucky to break into the 1:25's, let alone the 1:24's lol 😮😵😵‍💫

Haven't done a race either but might later on... Usually I do very well with MR cars in any class or track but seems FR is a better match for me at the Forest. Will have to see how car behaves on RH tires though lol.

Will see Brand's Hatch too but already very impressed by some of the times and results posted here! Well done all, excellent job! 🔥🔥Except @newmedia_dev - don't want to give you any compliments so early in the week! 😂 Maybe as of Wednesday, will see... 😋😅

1715703754664.jpeg
1715703761290.jpeg

Last edited:
I see I have some pace to find...
I'm so annoyed at myself... I have been even HALF A FRIGGIN SECOND faster than my current best time but somehow, my brain decides to prefer crayons to a steering wheel for a split-second each lap, always in different places!

Corners that I nailed 9/9 times, all of a sudden are impossible for the car to turn in the same exact conditions and I end up in a barrier! Or the brakes decide they need 20 more meters of distance to stop where I need them to! Or even more impressive, slow down the car on a dime and now I am a mile short of my turning point.... Or my favourite so far, just like last week, the damn DD Pro wheel disconnects as I am exiting the final corner on the start/ finish straight and my 0.6s improvement fizzles out as the car laughs itself into the barriers 💩 😡

Hate to say it but Glen, N_ce l_p you did there! Won't spell the words in full for now, though 😂

Focused on getting better exits onto the longer sections for Race A, somehow gained almost 0.700, and nabbed a 1:22.082 QT.

NSX time:

The first and last corners in Race B continue to be my nemesis. They take turns gaining and losing me several tenths. Could only muster a 0:48.818 QT for now.

Surprised myself by finding almost 2.0 seconds in Race C, ending up with a 1:28.829 QT.

Will see where those times place me when I have time to race.

The first and last corners in Race B continue to be my nemesis. They take turns gaining and losing me several tenths. Could only muster a 0:48.818 QT for now.
Look at what your delta is telling you for both of them.

You will gain time going slower initially and getting on the throttle earlier allowing you to wind up through the corners. They are 2 corners in the game that do not favour the point and squirt approach.

I was actually thinking about a video on how to use the deltas in the game to understand how and where you can make time. And that they are only useful to look at at certain times (mostly corner exit for humans, the aliens watch both)

Last edited:
Yellow flag penalties are broken!

This is a 25 second clip of me getting a penalty and the car I followed through not getting the same penalty.

A couple of observations:

My bad for going through firstly. I did slow and would have given the place back if the game let you do that with Yellows (it doesn't)

I'm not sure why the Citroen didn't get the same penalty I followed home through!!! Grrrrr

The instant nature of the yellow flags and then ghosting that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't makes it so so inconsistent.

Just very P boiling sometimes. Thoughts, comments?

Edit: 3s penalty in a 48s lap is a bit overkill as well. Or at least disproportionate.

Last edited:
No idea why a barrier collision = immediate penalty in this game. If anyone can enlighten me I'd be delighted? Just seems to encourage people to put you into them.
As has been stated there are a couple of corners in the game where you can wall ride and cheat. However PD in their infinite wisdom decided that any barrier contact is worth a penalty regardless of mitigating circumstances. Like taking a hammer when a knife is required.

Yellow flag penalties are broken!

This is a 25 second clip of me getting a penalty and the car I followed through not getting the same penalty.

A couple of observations:

My bad for going through firstly. I did slow and would have given the place back if the game let you do that with Yellows (it doesn't)

I'm not sure why the Citroen didn't get the same penalty I followed home through!!! Grrrrr

The instant nature of the yellow flags and then ghosting that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't makes it so so inconsistent.

Just very P boiling sometimes. Thoughts, comments?

Edit: 3s penalty in a 48s lap is a bit overkill as well. Or at least disproportionate.

I put the blame on all the incidents clearly, totally and solely on you. Even if other cars crash into each other with you over 3 corners away from them, still, I am sure I can find a reason or two to blame it all on you.

GUILTY! 😂

I put the blame on all the incidents clearly, totally and solely on you. Even if other cars crash into each other with you over 3 corners away from them, still, I am sure I can find a reason or two to blame it all on you.

GUILTY! 😂
I mean I do use "the force" 🤣 but even then it wasn't as strong as the Citroens.....

Banter aside maybe it's not a big issue but I have 3/4 videos on my channel with yellow flag nonsense. I might be that much of a scum bag stealing all the free places 🤷‍♂️

I got a lap time of 1'23.294 at Watkins but I don't know if I can improve anymore. I like the feel of the Skyline though, it's smooth everytime I turn/corner.

EDIT: Sometimes when I'm about a lap behind, I'll see the "blue flag" notification at the top. When I get drowsy I don't pay attention and get way behind in the race and can't get caught up. It's a pain in the ass. I never record my bad races, ever!

I never see the green flag indicator and at times I'll see people waving the green flag during a race, it's weird in a way.

Last edited:
Frustrating evening. Trying to improve my quali time but can’t break into the 47s, stuck at 48.1 in the G70.

I know I’m too conservative through Paddock Hill but the main problem is Graham Hill. I keep losing the tenth or two I need through there, to my own ghost and borrowed ones. Tuning won’t help, I have no idea what I’m doing.

Was getting matched up with the dirty dregs of DR B the last couple of races as punishment for having a C/S rating, but now promoted and near the back of B/S grids where I usually end up.

I'm so annoyed at myself... I have been even HALF A FRIGGIN SECOND faster than my current best time but somehow, my brain decides to prefer crayons to a steering wheel for a split-second each lap, always in different places!

Corners that I nailed 9/9 times, all of a sudden are impossible for the car to turn in the same exact conditions and I end up in a barrier! Or the brakes decide they need 20 more meters of distance to stop where I need them to! Or even more impressive, slow down the car on a dime and now I am a mile short of my turning point.... Or my favourite so far, just like last week, the damn DD Pro wheel disconnects as I am exiting the final corner on the start/ finish straight and my 0.6s improvement fizzles out as the car laughs itself into the barriers 💩 😡

Hate to say it but Glen, N_ce l_p you did there! Won't spell the words in full for now, though 😂
So, how are the Brands Hatch races so far, I'm gonna try some tonight if I have some extra time which I should. And what brand car should I start out with for qualifying? It's a 10-lap race and I need a fuel-efficient one and one that can drive smoothly and not oversteer.

Last edited:
So, how are the Brands Hatch races so far, I'm gonna try some tonight if I have some extra time which I should. And what brand car should I start out with for qualifying? It's a 10-lap race and I need a fuel-efficient one and one that can drive smoothly and not oversteer.
Don't forget to pit! 1 minute penalty if you don't pit. And don't pit on the last lap. I was running P4 but finished P3 because the leader pitted on the last lap and lost his position. I don't think anybody in any of the races I've been in has changed tires or refueled, just pitted and exited. Also watch out for the pit lane markings. I've seen several 3 second penalties on cars ahead of me for pit lane violations.

I can't seem to go lower than 47.6 in the Mégane & cannot figure out where I'm losing time

I don't know if it's setup, or the first & final corner killing me but I cannot keep up with the guys at the sharp end at all.

Frustrating evening. Trying to improve my quali time but can’t break into the 47s, stuck at 48.1 in the G70.

I know I’m too conservative through Paddock Hill but the main problem is Graham Hill. I keep losing the tenth or two I need through there, to my own ghost and borrowed ones. Tuning won’t help, I have no idea what I’m doing.
Try this tune - I managed to knock a good amount of time off my QT with it!

1713479365795.png

Edit: Sorry, meant to credit the master tuner @praiano63 !

Last edited:
Not sure I will continue with daily races this week. I’m not liking B with any of the cars I try, and for C, I feel pretty good with the Ford but I’m not sure it’s the car for in race particularly when surrounded by 911s. It definitely drives different with fuel.

But dirty driving was the biggest downer of the night. On my Abroad account, I was running in 4th when I got taken out by a C/B driver. First he just slams into me at the last hairpin, having come from nowhere, and then having recovered from that we're side by side, though the front straight and up to the first hairpin. I’m in front, but he has the inside overlapping my rear. He’d already bumped me a couple of times getting to that spot so I take a wide line, leaving room on the inside.

He just hits me, and pushes me off the track causing me to end up backwards at the end of the turn.

I drop from a comfortable 4th just 2s off the leader down to 14th. I finish 11th.

I called him a “POS dirty driver” in the lobby afterward and his reply was “hahaha”. I reply “No shame” and his response “lol”.

No apologies and thinking it funny. It was deliberate.

It soured me on the whole dealing with humans in daily races that I went back to the time trail…

Last edited:
Got my DR up to B for the first time yesterday with my third win on the bounce at Brands. 6 wins from 29 races so far, not a bad strike rate. :D Be interested to see how it goes in B group.

Practical question for those who do a lot of races: do you set a Q time following a ghost or not? I'll get a much faster lap time if I do but would struggle to replicate it in a race, somehow feels more sensible to set a time without one and practice consistently hitting my marks without a ghost to distract me?

Got my DR up to B for the first time yesterday with my third win on the bounce at Brands. 6 wins from 29 races so far, not a bad strike rate. :D Be interested to see how it goes in B group.

Practical question for those who do a lot of races: do you set a Q time following a ghost or not? I'll get a much faster lap time if I do but would struggle to replicate it in a race, somehow feels more sensible to set a time without one and practice consistently hitting my marks without a ghost to distract me?
I always use a ghost here is my rationale.

1. Early on it's a general gauge of how much I can keep up (if I can)

2. I start trying to match the ghosts braking points to my/tidgneys brake markers

3. As I get quicker I start to see where I can trail brake better or get better exits relative to the ghost

4. Once I'm at my natural pace I'm usually able to creep here and there closer to the ghost and improve. It is diminishing returns at this point. I have track familiarity and consistency

5. For company and race practice, I start racing the ghost. The aim is not to go in to it just stay as close as I can but not to "hit it"

it's all down to preference but my preference is to put the ghost ahead by .3 and NOT resetting it at sectors. The reason I don't reset it is because it allows me to see the real relative difference over a full lap. As I improve I can visually see that I'm finishing closer and closer to the ghost.

By the end of the week I'm usually watching the track map to try and keep our two position markers touching. This means I'm in the range of .5-1.5s off them - generally. Different cars tracks means that fluctuates more/less.

My aim is never to get passed the ghost and if I'm getting to close I'll put it further offset ahead so I'm always following at a distance I can watch it and it's not distracting or "in me"

Just how I do it. HTH someone.

Genesis is a gem for race B, probably all 4WD cars are, if you just take care through the first corner, the rest of the track is a piece of cake. I'm talking about race pace. It's so stable even without the tune and you can smash the throttle whenever you want, without losing control, it just goes. Had a quick one when I came back from work yesterday, couple of A+ drivers and the rest was filled with A/S guys:

1715759316778.jpg

1715759316793.jpg

Looking at the lap times, I was doing a stable 47.7-47.8 and the quickest lap was 47.6, but literally no drama, just a normal drive from pole to the end. The day before when I failed miserably with the Megane, the best I could do in race was 48.1, fighting the car all the way.

Hey Guys how are things. Caught a bad cold last week and basically missed an entire week of daily races (and manufacturers' series races) and finally recovered enough to get back to this.

Daily B does give a BTCC vibe but Deep Forest Reverse at Daily C was what caught my eye - raced there for the first time in the last Manufacturers' Series and loved the flow of the track. Found my gloves pretty quickly at QT and managed 1:25.707 in the McLaren, also got on top of my friends list for the first time since forever.

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

Still relying on my usual McLaren setup (based heavily on Praiano's) with adjusted LSD settings. Intentionally turned down the initial torque and accel. sensitivity to introduce single side wheel spin in exchange for a more stable rear end.

IMG_0438.JPG

Joined @GOTMAXPOWER for 1 race and lap 1 was like a DR D lobby with cars everywhere in T1 and T2. Of course I also got caught off by the infamous contact penalty where I got 2 second for staying at the middle of the track and got sandwished. Didn't even get close enough to GOTMAXPOWER to see his famous last turn drift and finished down in 10th after a race long battle with several Porsches. Hope I will be able to go again as I still quite fancy this track layout.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 4
I always use a ghost here is my rationale.

1. Early on it's a general gauge of how much I can keep up (if I can)

2. I start trying to match the ghosts braking points to my/tidgneys brake markers

3. As I get quicker I start to see where I can trail brake better or get better exits relative to the ghost

4. Once I'm at my natural pace I'm usually able to creep here and there closer to the ghost and improve. It is diminishing returns at this point. I have track familiarity and consistency

5. For company and race practice, I start racing the ghost. The aim is not to go in to it just stay as close as I can but not to "hit it"

it's all down to preference but my preference is to put the ghost ahead by .3 and NOT resetting it at sectors. The reason I don't reset it is because it allows me to see the real relative difference over a full lap. As I improve I can visually see that I'm finishing closer and closer to the ghost.

By the end of the week I'm usually watching the track map to try and keep our two position markers touching. This means I'm in the range of .5-1.5s off them - generally. Different cars tracks means that fluctuates more/less.

My aim is never to get passed the ghost and if I'm getting to close I'll put it further offset ahead so I'm always following at a distance I can watch it and it's not distracting or "in me"

Just how I do it. HTH someone.
I like the idea to chase the ghost all the way rather than reset it, might try that!

@Vule, interesting, I might try this Genesis next then. I tried the Alfa and Supra, the former was very easy but even at race pace I couldn't match my Megane times. The latter didn't really work for me, much prefer the Megane even though it does have a tendency to flip you the bird on corner exit. :)

Somehow I managed to get top 10 in the world for Race B in the G70.

I tried the Supra and Megane for about as long as I drove the Viper and both were about a tenth faster. Then I tried the G70 and in about half the time I was a tenth and a half faster. Trying what I thought were rational tweaks to the settings for about 300 miles I managed a high 47.1 but wasn't really finding any slight variation to the car that made it drive better and anything major it got noticeably worse.
Then I was bored and tired so decided to just try stupid tuning and see how bad I could make the car and maybe roll it if I'm lucky. Stock I ran 47.6 after about 30 miles, as jelly as the limited settings allow ran 48.2 with no chance of rolling. Finally seeing the tunes posted here I was too tired to give them a proper try, but I did one with almost complete opposite suspension settings and 25 miles of pure confusion later I am now at 47.066 with some time left to get.
I'm now seriously reconsidering if I actually am a good tuner but am also kind of considering I might sell myself short with the driving sometimes. I am still sure someone can get first place in the world with my stupid tune but maybe I can get close?

Joined @GOTMAXPOWER for 1 race and lap 1 was like a DR D lobby with cars everywhere in T1 and T2. Of course I also got caught off by the infamous contact penalty where I got 2 second for staying at the middle of the track and got sandwished. Didn't even get close enough to GOTMAXPOWER to see his famous last turn drift and finished down in 10th after a race long battle with several Porsches. Hope I will be able to go again as I still quite fancy this track layout.
This race can be like that, it's either great racing or a mess. Certainly can't accuse it off being boring though!

Back