GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,498 comments
Squeezed in a few more races after finishing work 7 hours early 😎

Great to finally meet @GrumpyOldMan !! 😀
I tried to add you later but didn't recognize a PSN name?

I had such a lovely race tonight with the RTR guys, my best one so far, 8:09 at the end

I must have just missed you - I had most of those guys in a couple of races in the last hour. Best I had was 3rd, then crashed and came last in the next.

I don't think next week will suit me, so the "+" will be disappearing soon.

Last edited:
So my Sunday ends in DR B, it’s funny how I can win 5 races at DR B but start beat the back at DR A, look forward to maggiore gr3 ( I guess )
Hi Brockie, how have you been doing in the sport mode? I haven't seen you post here in a couple months. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention well to the forum status. I had a lot of fun at Brands Hatch-Indy this week, 10 laps isn't long either so I took advantage of it. Hope you're doing good. I'm going to bed shortly.

Top tip to everyone, QT flat or nearly flat with the lift.

Race brake early gently and coat the turn in.

The actual time loss here is the Esses, going conservative in to the CoD loses less time than cocking the Esses up. Promise
This. During the race, if you lose some time by being careful-ish through the CoD, then so be it. Much better than hitting the wall.
I tried to add you later but didn't recognize a PSN name?
I just sent you a friend request.

EDIT:

Done for this week. It was fun, mostly, except for the last two races. Fortunately It didn't really cost me much.

1716160053251.png

1716159977258.png

Started DR A at 29%, finished DR A at 48%.

Hope everyone had a fun week. See you next week.

Last edited:
Well I never got back to race B. I said I would post my tune for the G70, what got me to 33rd in the world (though haven’t check today and I’ve probably dropped a few spots now) but here it is.

IMG_8151.jpeg

Edit. Just checked and finished the week 43rd and 81st across my two accounts. I really can’t fathom how I ended up top 100, yet I still suck at racing. lol. Guess I’m more a time trialist.
IMG_8152.png

Last edited:
I’ve been on Big Willow irl. Not for the faint of heart, especially T9, the final decreasing radius corner!

@newmedia_dev there are youtube videos of actual T9 ‘incidents’ which somewhat resemble your off track adventures!

Streets of Willow is great for track days and time trials, especially in something light which corners well. Not so great for racing, though haven’t we had a decent race there in Honda Civics?

Last edited:
I try to use mostly the radar because it magnifies the road which can help you indicate if you are on the right path and not veer off into the grass/sand.
The main advantage for me is to exactly spot the position of drivers around me (I use bonnet/roof cam). Two of my best and most satisfying race moments have come from that: spotting drivers who tried to deliberately rear-end me in a hairpin, taking evasive action and seeing them fly past me into the gravel. Love it.😆

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Enter the Dragon

The latest set of Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races is now available, with three fresh events on their regular 20/30-minute rotations across the next seven days...

Race A looks genuinely fun. Definitely looking forward to qualifying, especially since I’ve already done this week’s challenges.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Enter the Dragon

The latest set of Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races is now available, with three fresh events on their regular 20/30-minute rotations across the next seven days...
I knew it. The week I'm not at home they feature the very car that I drive in real life. And which I assume makes a good fun race around RA. 🥺

And DT with Gr4 doesn't sound too bad, either.

Took me by surprise the different layout of maggiore! Will be good to get the times down abit in my lunches in time for the weekend, because I’m race B guy, it’s a shame I didn’t have dragon tail all week, love that track in both directions!

Well I never got back to race B. I said I would post my tune for the G70, what got me to 33rd in the world (though haven’t check today and I’ve probably dropped a few spots now) but here it is.

View attachment 1356846

Edit. Just checked and finished the week 43rd and 81st across my two accounts. I really can’t fathom how I ended up top 100, yet I still suck at racing. lol. Guess I’m more a time trialist.
View attachment 1356885

It’s funny to see your settings, I stuck with the Alfa all week due to it being the best time I had set by Thursday!

I was beating most g70 with a priano tune

The set up was (because I remember if off by heart)

6/9
33/35
43/45
3.4/3.5
5/5
25/30
5/5

And I’d say the one thing mainly propelling you to that speed, is you driving!

I managed a 47.848 but could not beat that

And I’d say the one thing mainly propelling you to that speed, is you driving!
Only to a point.

I found suspension did not really matter all that much which Is why both "extreme" tunes appeared to work. What was key for me was the LSD settings. The suspension was ultimately tuned for helping with consistency for Paddocks Hill and, more critically, Surtees. Those did not really affect the speed but lessened the chance of invalidating lap. That said, I was able to feel through my wheel when suspension wasn't working for me so I would tweak it until I was happy. Placebo? 🤷‍♂️

My settings were great for QT. They need work for race though. The car was not the same with full fuel and I never got that dialed in or my braking points. I need to improve there as I was losing too much speed by not getting Paddock correct when fully loaded.

Last edited:
Back