GT7 May 2024 update predictions!

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 162 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A VGT again???:lol:
Polyphony's been messing with ours minds as of late!

Majority of fans now thinks;
'Is that a VGT?'
TOYOTA,

'
Season 5 No GIF by The Office
'
('Damn you, PD! You're meddling with OUR Market! OUR Terms!!)

Something tells me we will see Porsche 964 in GT7. Maybe not in this update but it will come eventually. Why do I think it will come?
-Porsche has great relations with PD since it become available in Gran Turismo
-Porsche 964 is literally coming to nearly all sims around, not sure is it Porsche pushing it everywhere or is it just popular car too add by devs but certainly licensing isn’t too hard to get for this car especially when you see this car being added even for less popular sim racing games.

It feels like GT7 is going through a real lull right now - probably the worst since launch. Maybe PD thinks GTWS will excite the community but clearly this is not the case.

I’m not convinced May will deliver anything of significance. By significant I mean a new track or slew of race cars & events. I’m more hopeful something will be delivered by June.

Last edited:
Something tells me we will see Porsche 964 in GT7. Maybe not in this update but it will come eventually. Why do I think it will come?
-Porsche 964 is literally coming to nearly all sims around, not sure is it Porsche pushing it everywhere or is it just popular car too add by devs but certainly licensing isn’t too hard to get for this car especially when you see this car being added even for less popular sim racing games.
I don't wish to be negative, but I think sims is the key word there.

With the rise of all the PC sims that focus on motorsport/racing cars and motorsport/racing cars alone, it feels like there's been a shift in licencing priorities where racing teams and series are increasingly preferring their modern race cars to go to those motorsport sims first and foremost, rather than the broad catalogue, road car-inclusive games like GT or Forza. The only exception seems to be when there's a really close existing partnership (in GT's case, with Toyota).

964 has been in GT7 since day one… Am I missing something here?

Keep dreaming. Not only would the southern (Royal Brougham no longer goes through to Alaskan Way) and western (Alaskan Way has been realigned, and it's no longer feasible to use the portion north of Yesler as it now is a single multi-lane street) parts of the track need to be reworked, but the northern portion of Alaskan Way, from south of Yesler going north, was, as of late spring 2003, still under construction.
I often see people say that Seattle can't come back because real world xyz, but it seems these people forget that this is a video game, and because of that things can be preserved and/or recreated digitally.

It is saddening that many tracks likely won't be coming back because superfluous reasoning.

Wide curbs, new construction, takes too long to make assets, not enough pits for multiplayer. Where does it end? No wonder GT7's track list is lackluster compared to GT6.

Last edited:
I often see people say that Seattle can't come back because real world xyz, but it seems these people forget that this is a video game, and because of that things can be preserved and/or recreated digitally.
I really doubt PD would remake a city circuit without going back to do site-specific research. I think they even did it for the new Grand Valley, which looks nothing like the original.

I really doubt PD would remake a city circuit without going back to do site-specific research. I think they even did it for the new Grand Valley, which looks nothing like the original.
If they saved their research material they used to make Seattle in GT4, then they can reuse that material to recreate the track. They don't need to do said research all over again unless they're making Seattle 2020s.

If they saved their research material they used to make Seattle in GT4, then they can reuse that material to recreate the track. They don't need to do said research all over again unless they're making Seattle 2020s.
Research used to develop a PS1 game doesn’t suffice in 2024. PD lives and breathes for the creation of authentic models.

Last edited:
Research used to develop a PS1 game doesn’t suffice in 2024. PD lives and breathes for the creation of authentic models.
You and I must have different ideas of what research material means. For me it means things like photos and video of the place, not the meshes used in-game. The meshes on the recreated track would obviously need to be to GT7 quality standards.

Last edited:
You and I must have different ideas of what research material means. For me it means things like photos and video of the place, not the meshes used in-game. The meshes on the recreated track would obviously need to be to GT7 quality standards.
I’m also talking about reference material. Back in the PS1 days PD didn’t approach their research with the intention of creating 4K compatible models. So any reference material from back in the day most likely won’t cut it nowadays, knowing how PD of today is obsessive about small details.

It is saddening that many tracks likely won't be coming back because superfluous reasoning.

Wide curbs, new construction, takes too long to make assets, not enough pits for multiplayer. Where does it end? No wonder GT7's track list is lackluster compared to GT6.
The Kingdome was long gone before GT5, yet it was still on the Seattle circuit.

I disagree with this, I think GT7's track list is better than GT6's in every way except for the lack of city courses. There's more tracks, there's more layouts, the tracks are all much higher quality, there aren't any PS2 holdover courses, and the fictional circuits that debuted in the PS3 era were by far the least interesting; they all felt empty and samey, like they came out of the GT5 course creator.

Edit: Also, "takes too long to make 4K assets" is why every HD video game in existence takes years longer to make these days, it's not just a Gran Turismo issue.

Last edited:
I disagree with this, I think GT7's track list is better than GT6's in every way except for the lack of city courses. There's more tracks, there's more layouts, the tracks are all much higher quality, there aren't any PS2 holdover courses, and the fictional circuits that debuted in the PS3 era were by far the least interesting; they all felt empty and samey, like they came out of the GT5 course creator.

Edit: Also, "takes too long to make 4K assets" is why every HD video game in existence takes years longer to make these days, it's not just a Gran Turismo issue.
I didn't say 4k assets specifically, so your quotation is wrong. In fact majority of the assets in GT7 aren't even 4k. Regardless, I'm sure you've seen people in the GT community use "takes too long to make assets" as an excuse to exclude popular courses like Seattle. It is the third highest voted for track in the track section for a reason. Majority of people enjoyed this track and I think we both can agree it isn't wise to ignore that.

It does seem to me many in the community are attuned to making up reasons why any (not just Seattle) track can't come back rather than coming up with reasons why it can. Do we really live in a dysphoric world of negativity? Perhaps that last bit is best left for another discussion though.

Last edited:
I don't wish to be negative, but I think sims is the key word there.

With the rise of all the PC sims that focus on motorsport/racing cars and motorsport/racing cars alone, it feels like there's been a shift in licencing priorities where racing teams and series are increasingly preferring their modern race cars to go to those motorsport sims first and foremost, rather than the broad catalogue, road car-inclusive games like GT or Forza. The only exception seems to be when there's a really close existing partnership (in GT's case, with Toyota).
Manufacturers and brands want their products in the most popular titles with the most eyes on them. The sim world is spread so thinly few titles get a foothold or deliver much marketing benefit. But if the developer is happy to pay for the license they’ll get the car. Ironically, the most popular sim is built upon unofficial mods.

The other difference is most PC sims are GAAS that will be updated over multiple years. You would think PD’s focus is now on GT8 - with one major GT7 update lined up for PS5 Pro. Until then I expect the same trickle of monthly DLC support - maybe they’ll throw in a 963 or 499P - as we’ve had random all-new cars on occasion. We aren’t going to get a new slate of Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4 cars in GT7.

This is the reason I hope the next Gran Turismo becomes a GAAS. Call it GT World - make it cross-gen across PS5, PS6. Introduce a monetised DLC model so it’s worthwhile to give us, for example, half a dozen tracks per year, 5-10 cars per month. Let us buy in-game cosmetic items - Gran Turismo is the perfect franchise to generate recurring income - without relying on lame paid credits.

There are no city tracks in GT7 because it takes a lot more work to recreate a track placed on the real city streets. There are a lot more details and individual objects to recreate, compared to race tracks (and fictional tracks, where they can reuse many assets).

I would like to see new highly detailed versions of the Seattle Circuit, Tokyo R246 and New York from GT4, all with dynamic time of day and weather.
Maybe we will se at least one of them in GT8.

Last edited:
I do wonder if PD will hit us with that Gran Turismo movie Aston Martin.

The 190 E Evo I wouldn’t be out of place either. PD have two versions of E30, two versions of R32. Two versions of top spec 190 E seem about right.

Anyway, it’s been six months since the 911 GT3 RS movie car was added. Maybe it’s time(it’s always ‘Maybe it’s time’).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back